PDA

View Full Version : Shoutout and thanks to the Defiance tv series creators, and game creators

AceRimmer
06-20-2014, 03:57 PM
Having just watched Defiance S02E01, I have to say that despite the bugs, and glitches etc in the game, the game is a really awesome and accurate tie in to the series.

Seeing Nolan in his boat, having netting and gear that looked straight out of the game, plus the occasional ruin poking out of the water, attention to detail with the guns, uniforms, clothing, vehicles and hellbugs, and then returning to the game, made me appreciate it, and the amount of time involved in both the series and game, a lot more.

Drunk
06-20-2014, 03:59 PM
don't be so quick my friend, they have not gave us boats ingame or a pirate eye patch...... or drinking emote :P

AceRimmer
06-20-2014, 04:12 PM
don't be so quick my friend, they have not gave us boats ingame or a pirate eye patch...... or drinking emote :P

Well, boats are shown in cutscenes and at the ports, but if you mean usable as transport, then yeah, no luck so far
As for the eye patch, you never know, they might release something piratey for a joke costume :)

I really really hope they do something like Evolve, for a pvp match, where 1 player can be a WM and try to kill the others.

Bonehead
06-20-2014, 04:15 PM
Well, boats are shown in cutscenes and at the ports, but if you mean usable as transport, then yeah, no luck so far
As for the eye patch, you never know, they might release something piratey for a joke costume :)

I really really hope they do something like Evolve, for a pvp match, where 1 player can be a WM and try to kill the others.

Very cool Idea! Or be mutants against e-rep or 99ers against whoever.

I want boats too but I think the physics animations might be as problematic as the motorcycles so prolly not going to see them.

Arsenic_Touch
06-20-2014, 08:22 PM
Accurate tie in? Did you not see varus? They totally screwed him up.

Escyos
06-20-2014, 08:37 PM
Also you can hear the noises of the docks from the game in the episode.

Roez
06-20-2014, 09:06 PM

Overall it's still an accurate tie in with the cross-over story lines. Varus was a let down, some of the new voice acting in game is a let down, and a few other issues.

Still, the writing on the show has improved and there's a lot more back story interrelated between the show and game. Even though hindsight is 20-20, if they had done much more of this type of thing last year (minus the game's lag and patch issues), the game's retention might have been a bit higher.

Bonehead
06-20-2014, 10:39 PM

10/10 .