PDA

View Full Version : Patch deletion and re-install *

IanWas
06-22-2014, 04:03 AM
I have been experiencing a few problems on the PS3 and have been advised to do the delete old patches fix.
I have only two questions about this.

Where is my Saved Data Utility, cause it's not there?

If I do the following procedure will I delete my current character/game info?

Any help would be welcome, thanks.

The following has been taken from the Trion Support Centre

Make sure your Playstation has installed the latest system update. Follow these steps to check and make sure you have the latest update: Here
Try and delete the Defiance files from your Game Data Utility, so that any updates can be re-downloaded.

In the XMB home menu, go to Game then Game Data Utility
Important: Make sure you select Game Data Utility. Do NOT select 'Saved Data Utility', as this will delete all of your saved games files.
Highlight the game data utility file for Defiance.
Press the Triangle button and select Delete.
Highlight Yes and press the X button to confirm the deletion.
A "Delete completed." message will appear once the file has been successfully deleted.
Reboot Defiance and allow any updates to be downloaded and applied.

Sliverbaer
06-22-2014, 04:43 AM
https://support.us.playstation.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/369/~/remove-ps3-game-data-utility-files

Character stuff is all saved on the server and not on your PS3.

MAMGRIZZLY
06-22-2014, 04:52 AM
YOU WILL NOT LOSE ANY OF YOUR CHARACTER/I TEMS/GAME INFO. OR PROGRESS! I have done this many times, used to have to a lot after updates. After you log in on PS3, you go to the column that you would normally scroll down to the game (the title under the icon is GAME but might be hard to see depending on your backround). It's between TV/VIDEO SERVICES and NETWORK. **VERY IMPORTANT- GAME DATA UTILITY NOT SAVED DATA UTILITY** Then just follow those directions. It should take about 45mins total to uninstall &reinstall depending on your connection. There are a few times when you have to be there to go to the next step. It will make it like when you first got the game and it will then just download the last patch. When you log in with your acct. info. you should have all your stuff. You might want to LINK your console to your Trion acct. before doing it, if you haven't already @TrionWorlds.com
Feel free to pm me if you have any questions

IanWas
06-22-2014, 05:15 AM
Great, thanks fellow humans
I wasn't sure if it was on the server or not so you can understand why I was being reserved about going ahead with it.
Hopefully it will sort out my issues. Fingers crossed.

rydda
06-22-2014, 05:18 AM
Iv also done this delete the patch an game an reinstall you will not loose nothing its save online.
you will be fine.