PDA

View Full Version : Most important quality in a shield

Dopey
06-22-2014, 08:56 AM
From top to bottom, What is the most important?

Armor plates quanity

Recharge delay time

Recharge % per second

Capacity

I think It's Recharge delay time > recharge % per second > armor plates quanity > Capacity

Am I right?

PseudoCool
06-22-2014, 09:00 AM

Armor plates quanity

Recharge delay time

Recharge % per second

Capacity

I think It's Recharge delay time > recharge % per second > armor plates quanity > Capacity

Am I right?

I would actually switch them. And here's why:
If you upgrade a shield to orange, the armor plates, capacity, and delay time all change. Recharge % DOES NOT.
So, it would be Recharge %/Recharge Delay/Capacity/Armor Plate in my opinion.

I prefer a fast recharge % with the smallest delay possible. Infact, my orange shield has a 40% recharge, 2.55 second delay, 3 armor plates, and I think 11K capacity at 4900 ego. I rarely die unless I get stuck fighting a huge TL10 battle for other people.

OttawaREDBLACKS
06-22-2014, 09:05 AM
depends on the use for the shield is and your personal preferences. Plates are 100% the most important thing before you even start of. Always try to get a legendary shield with good stats such as a respark regenerator ARK for example, 3 shields same as the respark but with 100% health regeneration rate.
The majority use resparks for average use. I've recently began using a rebel regenerator ARK. For PVP many use rhinos and ironclads. In events such as the warmaster those that stack their perks use higher cap lower regeneration shields for the purpose.

None of these are even important outside have a shield close to your ego and which you enjoy using.

BlackTalons
06-22-2014, 09:09 AM
I would actually switch them. And here's why:
If you upgrade a shield to orange, the armor plates, capacity, and delay time all change. Recharge % DOES NOT.
So, it would be Recharge %/Recharge Delay/Capacity/Armor Plate in my opinion.

I prefer a fast recharge % with the smallest delay possible. Infact, my orange shield has a 40% recharge, 2.55 second delay, 3 armor plates, and I think 11K capacity at 4900 ego. I rarely die unless I get stuck fighting a huge TL10 battle for other people.

Recharge % per sec increases with rarity when the shield begins at 80%/sec. Similarily, recharge delay only decreases if it begins at 2.5 secs.

PseudoCool
06-22-2014, 09:14 AM
Recharge % per sec increases with rarity when the shield begins at 80%/sec. Similarily, recharge delay only decreases if it begins at 2.5 secs.

I've yet to see an 80% or better shield without a delay of 9.6 seconds.. so to me, with my play style, those are USELESS.

Similarily, I've gotten recharge delays down to 2.25 seconds by upgrading to an orange from a 2.7 green Rebel Regen. So, your information is not consistant with experience.

However.. I still stand by what I said.. the fastest recharge is the best. Granted, I only PvE, so my viewpoint does come from there.

ConcreteSnake
06-22-2014, 09:22 AM
I've yet to see an 80% or better shield without a delay of 9.6 seconds.. so to me, with my play style, those are USELESS.

Similarily, I've gotten recharge delays down to 2.25 seconds by upgrading to an orange from a 2.7 green Rebel Regen. So, your information is not consistant with experience.

However.. I still stand by what I said.. the fastest recharge is the best. Granted, I only PvE, so my viewpoint does come from there.

OJ hurricane 6 second delay 90%-95% recharge rate.

also, when upgrading shields in general or shields without resistances get bonuses in:

capacity - rhino, ironclad
recharge rate - hurricane, tachyon
recharge delay - respark, rebel

spweasel
06-22-2014, 10:31 AM
The most important thing for a Shield is how well it synergizes with your goal. A Respark is my preferred all-purpose shield (lowest time between empty and full), but if you are using a BMG or are fighting the Warmaster (where the extra capacity can be the difference between insta-death and barely hanging on), a Rhino or Ironclad might be better.

The second most important thing is the Bonus type/level - a Regenerator EX Purple Shield is almost always preferable to a Bonusless Orange Shield of the same type.

Next is Rarity, which determines the number of Armor Plates. The extra defense is great, but doesn't make up for a bad type/bonus.

Finally, there's Nano Resistance. I generally aim for no-Resistance Shields for the extra stats, but it's really your call.

Also remember that Rarity Upgrade exists, so a great Purple can pretty easily become a great Orange (but not a perfect one, since you'll never get the ARK bonus).

Deunan
06-22-2014, 10:49 AM
Most informed players, including myself, prefer the Respark for most PvE content. The low delay time and the ability to take a mere 2.5 seconds to dive roll and/or seek cover for full regeneration make it very useful for most PvE content. The most notable exception is the fight against the Warmaster inside the Arkfall Wreckage of Major Arkbreaks because of the long cycle between his bomb attacks and the Kill or Be Killed perk's utility with a shield with a longer delay. For that most players prefer an Ironclad.

For PvP the preference seems to be for the Ironclad because of the prominence of loadouts with high burst damage and cloak that can OHK a player with anything less than that in shield capacity (and some that can regardless).

ConcreteSnake
06-22-2014, 11:10 AM
Most informed players, including myself, prefer the Respark for most PvE content. The low delay time and the ability to take a mere 2.5 seconds to dive roll and/or seek cover for full regeneration make it very useful for most PvE content. The most notable exception is the fight against the Warmaster inside the Arkfall Wreckage of Major Arkbreaks because of the long cycle between his bomb attacks and the Kill or Be Killed perk's utility with a shield with a longer delay. For that most players prefer an Ironclad.

For PvP the preference seems to be for the Ironclad because of the prominence of loadouts with high burst damage and cloak that can OHK a player with anything less than that in shield capacity (and some that can regardless).

I agree here, and for warmaster I use a tachyon booster ark. It has higher cap than respark but lower than a rhino so it can break for the kill or be killed perk and the longest delay to use it while giving me 10% extra health to live a little bit longer.

ironcladtrash
06-22-2014, 11:25 AM
Rhinos are good to use with Cloak since activating Cloak instantly starts the shield rechargin that makes the recharge delay irrelevant and the high recharge rate is preferable.

OJ hurricane 6 second delay 90%-95% recharge rate.

I just got an Ark energizer version I am going to have play around with.

drackiller
06-22-2014, 12:23 PM
I`m playing with Ironclads, they serve me well in all purposes. I don`t play PVP.

maverick07
06-22-2014, 02:23 PM
I agree here, and for warmaster I use a tachyon booster ark. It has higher cap than respark but lower than a rhino so it can break for the kill or be killed perk and the longest delay to use it while giving me 10% extra health to live a little bit longer.

Nice, I pulled a Tachyon Booster a few weeks ago, never been a fan of Tachyons but I am liking that shield a lot as well. Extra health is an awesome bonus for that shield.

PseudoCool
06-22-2014, 02:37 PM
Exactly what is this ARK shield I hear everyone talking about? I've yet to see one, thus haven't played with anything named ARK in the game name. Where do you get one? What level are they?

I'm always interested in learning something new in the game.

Ollam
06-22-2014, 03:03 PM
Exactly what is this ARK shield I hear everyone talking about? I've yet to see one, thus haven't played with anything named ARK in the game name. Where do you get one? What level are they?

I'm always interested in learning something new in the game.

ARk is just an added lvl to the quality of shield, So you have a regen, it will be D or 25%, DX 50%, EX 75% and ARk is 100%

ConcreteSnake
06-22-2014, 03:26 PM
Nice, I pulled a Tachyon Booster a few weeks ago, never been a fan of Tachyons but I am liking that shield a lot as well. Extra health is an awesome bonus for that shield.

its pretty awesome with cloak because of the 95% recharge rate, hit cloak, full shields.

konstantinov
06-22-2014, 03:42 PM
its pretty awesome with cloak because of the 95% recharge rate, hit cloak, full shields.

This is why I use a Tachyon Regenerator V ARK for pvp.

Bonehead
06-22-2014, 03:55 PM
I`m playing with Ironclads, they serve me well in all purposes. I don`t play PVP.

I like 'em too.

Bonehead
06-22-2014, 03:56 PM

Oh come on!

Really?

drackiller
06-23-2014, 02:00 AM
Oh come on!

Really?
LOL, wassup Bonehead !? ;)

ShawnyBee
06-23-2014, 05:25 AM
I prefer large capacity for just about everything. Just suits my play style.

Currently use 7th Legion Sai Zanzu. I think it's capacity is equal to Ironclad. And I like that it has a chance to pop a decoy on shield break.

Thearl
06-23-2014, 07:50 AM
Just like guns, everything is situational. (http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?164239-Shotguns-and-pistols-need-some-help-here&p=1531199#post1531199)

Here's my outlook on all things defensive:

Dodge/roll is your friend. Know when to roll away and know when to jump in the water and swim behind a boat/pylon.

Perks need to match your shield.
If you're using a 10% recharger, then take advantage of the perks that take affect when your shield is charging.
If you're using a 9.6 second delay, then take advatage of the perks that work when your shield is down and keep blur/decoy as your power. Throw in a detachment and if your shield is orange, you should be able to stack to 6 ro 7 ablative plates for half of your shield's down time.

Ablative plates.
Plates only matter up to TL9. Once that threat level gets to 10, I don't care how many plates you have or what your shield capacity is, you will be in danger of the ol' volge one shot.

Capacity.
Like plates, mostly matters up to TL 9, then all bets are off. Up to TL9, it's situational.
For Volge, I like a respark. When it gets hairy, a dive out of LOS and then my shield's back.
For everything else, I like an Ironclad. Whith the right perk load out, I'll walk through San quenton, no dodging, and just lay waste to everything (TL6 if I'm alone) and never drop below 30% shield.

Bottom line - think about what you're doing and who you're fighting.
Using a cluster shot? Equip a blastproof
Trying to get your vehicle kills in pvp? equip a blockade
got a neat charge blade? Equip a berserker.

ect....

Darien
06-23-2014, 08:22 AM
Most informed players, including myself, prefer the Respark for most PvE content.

This is because you are not actually able to kill anything. How is that Hekaton working for you?

As someone who quadruples Deunan's score in Co-Ops, I prefer the highest possible capacity along with the Execution perk. I can stay in the fray until the end, replenishing my shield by actually killing something.

Armor Plates are a close second. No other shield stat matters.

Darien
06-23-2014, 08:33 AM
Ablative plates.
Plates only matter up to TL9. Once that threat level gets to 10, I don't care how many plates you have or what your shield capacity is, you will be in danger of the ol' volge one shot.

Capacity.
Like plates, mostly matters up to TL 9, then all bets are off. Up to TL9, it's situational.
For Volge, I like a respark. When it gets hairy, a dive out of LOS and then my shield's back.
For everything else, I like an Ironclad. Whith the right perk load out, I'll walk through San quenton, no dodging, and just lay waste to everything (TL6 if I'm alone) and never drop below 30% shield.

No Volge can one shot you, Warmaster included, if you have an orange shield with over 20,000 capacity.

The build that I use for everything except WM includes Overcharge and the four highest dps perks that are not completely situational, then five defensive perks.

Overcharge, Radiation Burns, Gamma Rays, Pumped Up, Killing Machine are my dps perks.
Execution, Cellular Armor, Regeneration, Detachment, and Fortitude for defense.

I use a Needler (Radiation, Cannoneer), Quickshot Blaster (Radiation, Cannoneer), and Chimera's Claw (21117 Capacity, 3 Armor, 10% Recharge, 6 delay, +10% hp).

Your gear should match your perks, regardless of what you choose to go with. Also, it is rarely a good idea to build all the way in one direction, whether it be Glass Cannon (You die), or Super Tank (The talents do not stack, and you cannot kill anything).

Wander
06-23-2014, 08:55 AM
Why anyone would use anything but a repsark regen is beyond me.

I have an ironclad bullseye ark, a rebel fortifier ark, and a few other ARK sheilds...

I still use my 75% hp repsark regen, and will only replace it with a respark regen ARK

cyguy
06-23-2014, 09:35 AM
It tends to differ when in pve or pvp. In pve I usually rely on a respark regen mostly due to its rapid recharge. In pvp, I go for capacity and armor plates. Since when it comes down to it, you have to outlast your bunny hopping opponent most the time, and I've rarely seen people using bio in pvp.

All in all it really comes down to what set up you have, if it's pvp or pve, and so on. Everyone has their own preference, whatever works for them.

Deunan
06-23-2014, 10:02 AM
This is because you are not actually able to kill anything. How is that Hekaton working for you?You and Atra have an extremely high kill rate when I'm in co-ops with you but I still get some kills so I don't know why you would make such overblown statement. The Hekaton is pretty worthless now that they nerfed shields and shield regeneration at TL 10. The only time it's really noticeable is against the Viscera at TL 10.

As someone who quadruples Deunan's score in Co-Ops, I prefer the highest possible capacity along with the Execution perk. I can stay in the fray until the end, replenishing my shield by actually killing something.You have never scored 4 times my score. Bear in mind that there was a scoring display bug for co-ops and it may still be occurring but unlike you and Atra I'm not a good shooter so you both are always going to score higher than me regardless of the loadout I use. On my display board you both have a clear and large lead over my score but the last two that I can recall you both scored in the 80-90k+ and I scored in the 40-50k+ and the fourth player scored lower so unless my card was bugged for your score and you scored 160-200k+ it never happened. Score is always relative to who is in the group and how well they are doing. My score has a wide variance because of this from 40k to 90k+ depending on who is in the group.

I'm not sure why you feel the need to engage in absurd hyperbole as it only undermines your credibility in an otherwise interesting post about using Execution with a slower regenerating shield and a higher capacity. Notwithstanding that, the Respark is a popular choice for PvE and it's not because players "aren't killing anything." :rolleyes:

Alastar
06-23-2014, 10:29 AM
Chimera claw Nuff said. Walk in claw on saws loaded and let er rip. While people are dodging for recharge I'm laying down bullets and when they're back in the fight everything's already dead :D (Note: slight exaggeration, still high cap stay in the fight and kill everything that moves so I don't have to worry about recharging lol)

Kortacos
06-23-2014, 10:44 AM
Well for me the most important stats on a shield are Recharge delay time and Recharge % per second. It doesn't matter how many plates i have they always get empty as soon as i get shot and if you don't have plates your shiled capacity won't help at all.

SirServed
06-23-2014, 12:38 PM
If you rate all shields on a 6 point system with 3 being good and 1 being poor, they're all more or less equal.

Respark - Capacity: 1, Recharge Delay: 3, Recharge Rate: 2

Hurricane - Capacity: 1, Recharge Delay: 2, Recharge Rate: 3

Tachyon - Capacity: 2, Recharge Delay: 1, Recharge Rate: 3

Rebel - Capacity: 2, Recharge Delay: 3, Recharge Rate: 1

Ironclad - Capacity: 3, Recharge Delay: 2, Recharge Rate: 1

Rhino: Capacity 3, Recharge Delay: 1, Recharge Rate: 2

I have the same Tank loadout Darien mentioned earlier. I only use it at TL10 when he's not around. Execution really allows high capacity shields to stand out during TL10 content. If you assumed a value of 20,000 for a capacity 3 shield, every critical kill will yield a 3k heal to your shield, this perk has no cooldown. Not to mention Detachment or an Ablative Armor Stim which really boosts your effective health. I believe part of the reason Experts don't go so well is that no one is willing to get in there and get some. When everyone is running around with a Respark, you're playing Hide-and-Seek with the mobs.

At least one person in an Expert should be running Tank to push the line.

xM4ZZYx
06-24-2014, 10:21 AM
i personally find that resparks serve very well in PVE. i personally generally tend to lean more towards shields with no resistance for the extra stats. i personally have a respark booster V ARK with a 2.25 recharge. and due to the hp boost and very quick recharge i find that in most cases if i combine it with fortitude for yet even more hp the use of escape artist to allow me to back off rapidly the second my shield drops...i barely ever get downed. very good useful shields if utilized properly.

but in warmasters i still favoir an either ironclad or rhino beserkers both for the increased capacity to take more hammer but also increased dps after shield breaks and the longer recharge comes in extremely handy when using kill or be killed.

Darien
06-24-2014, 10:48 AM
You and Atra have an extremely high kill rate when I'm in co-ops with you but I still get some kills so I don't know why you would make such overblown statement. The Hekaton is pretty worthless now that they nerfed shields and shield regeneration at TL 10. The only time it's really noticeable is against the Viscera at TL 10.
You have never scored 4 times my score. Bear in mind that there was a scoring display bug for co-ops and it may still be occurring but unlike you and Atra I'm not a good shooter so you both are always going to score higher than me regardless of the loadout I use. On my display board you both have a clear and large lead over my score but the last two that I can recall you both scored in the 80-90k+ and I scored in the 40-50k+ and the fourth player scored lower so unless my card was bugged for your score and you scored 160-200k+ it never happened. Score is always relative to who is in the group and how well they are doing. My score has a wide variance because of this from 40k to 90k+ depending on who is in the group.

I'm not sure why you feel the need to engage in absurd hyperbole as it only undermines your credibility in an otherwise interesting post about using Execution with a slower regenerating shield and a higher capacity. Notwithstanding that, the Respark is a popular choice for PvE and it's not because players "aren't killing anything." :rolleyes:

Sludge/Bonfire Rocket Launchers or Volge Weapons are also popular choices. That does not make them a good idea, nor does it make the people who use them "well informed"

The Hekaton was always a garbage weapon. The reason is the Electric Nano. The only enemies that really have obnoxious shield to health ratios are 99ers. The Hekaton maybe seemed like a little bit of a good idea vs 99ers until you realize, as a "well informed" player should, that Flashbangs provide the same effect as an Electric Nano, but allow you to use a good weapon that still works when the shields are gone.

As for the Scoreboard, Atra and I have been splitting up to run each other's alts through the daily expert. This has been happening for a few weeks. Those 1000 EGO people who are doubling your score are our alts. When our mains run a Co-Op together, we decimate everyone.

What most people do not seem to realize is that Defiance, while not a true MMORPG, is still an MMO with RPG elements. One of those elements is that enemies come in waves and/or groups. You are not really going to find many places where you fight a constant stream of anything. You kill what is there and you move on to the next group, usually with at least a few seconds in between. This is more than enough time for your shield to recharge, as you are not forced into the next group in most cases. You can stand back and wait until you are ready, if necessary. Instead of creating a lull in the middle of a fire fight by hiding, it is generally more efficient (Score and Time) to end the fight and then use the empty room to recharge.

Like I said in the previous post, you cannot just ask "Which shield do I use?". You have to ask "Does my gear work together?" If you have a weapon with Abysmal dps, like a Typhoon AR, you are going to have a bad time with most shields, but the Respark will seem better. If you know how to properly choose your weapons and perks, other shield options will make more sense to you.

BIEBERyoloSWAG
06-24-2014, 10:55 AM
If you are a fighter and like to go into battle and not hide then a respark, but if you like to play tactical and duck and cover and take your time not rushing through things like my grandmother then use all other shields. I use a respark because im a fighter. My shield breaks, i roll once or twice and its back and im back to fighting without having to constantly hide. However a hider/tactical player will use a rhino/ironclad because when their shield breaks then they better find cover because that thing is not coming back for 10 seconds minimum. I dont care what anyone says you cannot survive 10 seconds without a shield on threat level 10 in the middle of battle without having to hide behind something. Respark all the way

drackiller
06-24-2014, 12:14 PM
Got to love Bieber...lol

Deunan
06-24-2014, 12:29 PM
The Hekaton was always a garbage weapon. The reason is the Electric Nano. The only enemies that really have obnoxious shield to health ratios are 99ers. The Hekaton maybe seemed like a little bit of a good idea vs 99ers until you realize, as a "well informed" player should, that Flashbangs provide the same effect as an Electric Nano, but allow you to use a good weapon that still works when the shields are gone.The Hekaton, like any other electrical nano weapon, was a shield stripping gun. Once the shields were gone you could switch to a second weapon to damage the health, use an alternate grenade type for another kind of advantage and you didn't have to worry about running out of flashbang grenades.

Smarmy attitude aside, before the shield nerf 99ers had the huge shield to health ratio difference and a high shield regeneration rate but they were not the only mobs with strong shields. The Volge shields were one of the primary reasons why players were complaining about them being large bullet sponges. With a decent electrical nano-weapon in the loadout there was an appreciable increase in ammo conservation and decrease in kill time for these two mob types with a consistency you couldn't get by relying on flashbang grenades. Neither mob type has great shield strength or regeneration now. They are better than Dark Matter but that's not really saying much so there's little value in using a gun slot for an electrical-nano weapon since the nerf.

Deunan
06-24-2014, 12:44 PM
However a hider/tactical player will use a rhino/ironclad because when their shield breaks then they better find cover because that thing is not coming back for 10 seconds minimum. I dont care what anyone says you cannot survive 10 seconds without a shield on threat level 10 in the middle of battle without having to hide behind something. Respark all the wayRead Darien and SirServed's posts about using a high capacity shield with a lower regeneration time and the Execution perk. The build doesn't rely on the shield's natural recharge rate so in most cases they're not without shields with that build and they don't have to use cover and wait for the shield to regenerate. It works. Trust me, I've seen Darien use it and I tried it out at a Conflict Site TL10 last night with the Chimera Claw as my shield. Unlike him, I'm not a good shooter but I still managed to get enough crit kills to keep the shields up most of the time. The few times I didn't I had Thick Skinned kick in and by the time it wore off I had some shields again from a critical kill or the wave of mobs was killed off.

Darien
06-24-2014, 01:18 PM
The Hekaton, like any other electrical nano weapon, was a shield stripping gun. Once the shields were gone you could switch to a second weapon to damage the health, use an alternate grenade type for another kind of advantage and you didn't have to worry about running out of flashbang grenades.

Smarmy attitude aside, before the shield nerf 99ers had the huge shield to health ratio difference and a high shield regeneration rate but they were not the only mobs with strong shields. The Volge shields were one of the primary reasons why players were complaining about them being large bullet sponges. With a decent electrical nano-weapon in the loadout there was an appreciable increase in ammo conservation and decrease in kill time for these two mob types with a consistency you couldn't get by relying on flashbang grenades. Neither mob type has great shield strength or regeneration now. They are better than Dark Matter but that's not really saying much so there's little value in using a gun slot for an electrical-nano weapon since the nerf.

Using two different nanos in your loadout almost always results in a dps loss due to missing out on perks in order to spec for both nanos, or skipping the important nano boosting perks. There are also other issues, such as the highest dps weapons in the game being notorious for running out of ammo. For example, if you found two otherwise identical Needlers, but one had Fire and one had Electric, you could be out of bullets with no backup weapon before you finished killing everything.

For 99ers, the big issue pre-nerf was the little robots. Those guys had a Shield Spanner with a ridiculously high heal/sec which also put up a damage absorbing shield. If you shot the robots first, no 99er was a threat and they died quickly with any nano type.

Volge shields were higher, yes, but the Volge always had a significantly higher health pool than shield value (Plus their health pool has built in damage reduction, like Hell Bugs do) making it a bad idea to use something with -50% effectiveness once the shields were gone.

For all mob types, armor was, and to some extent still is, a big deal. I have never had any problem because I always used Radiation nano weapons and Bio grenades in order to deal with the plates. Radiation works well on every mob type and does not particularly care if you are shooting shields or health bars. The only encounter I can think of where you actually beat Radiation is Warmaster, due to the way crits ignore armor plates and the Warmaster has no real shield value. However, due to the current state of the Warmaster fight, which nano you use is not super relevant.

The nano effects are not even a little bit balanced right now, and it has been that way since DLC5. Even prior to DLC5, certain effects were significantly less effective than others.

RAGEFIGHTER
06-24-2014, 01:41 PM

Armor plates quanity

Recharge delay time

Recharge % per second

Capacity

Am I right?

it all depends on what style you play for example im smg runnner so for mee bether is capacity of shield using perks like restore shield on kill or critical hit ect

BIEBERyoloSWAG
06-24-2014, 01:52 PM
Read Darien and SirServed's posts about using a high capacity shield with a lower regeneration time and the Execution perk. The build doesn't rely on the shield's natural recharge rate so in most cases they're not without shields with that build and they don't have to use cover and wait for the shield to regenerate. It works. Trust me, I've seen Darien use it and I tried it out at a Conflict Site TL10 last night with the Chimera Claw as my shield. Unlike him, I'm not a good shooter but I still managed to get enough crit kills to keep the shields up most of the time. The few times I didn't I had Thick Skinned kick in and by the time it wore off I had some shields again from a critical kill or the wave of mobs was killed off.

I like those ideas except im not a defensive type of guy. I use all offense. You look at most of my loadouts and everything is a damage boost of some sort. So instead of me raising my shield every crit kill and taking 5 seconds to kill them im just killing them quicker with the persk i have on and with an enemy dead quicker that means less shots on me, so i guess it all balances out. I will have to try this executioner since i have never branched off into the defense perks before, sounds interesting.

Egyptia
06-24-2014, 02:03 PM
Here's one the Extra Life Ironclad Rearm boosted to orange. 6 second delay, 10% recharge rate, 23,600 capacity. Love it.

Darien
06-24-2014, 02:19 PM
I like those ideas except im not a defensive type of guy. I use all offense. You look at most of my loadouts and everything is a damage boost of some sort. So instead of me raising my shield every crit kill and taking 5 seconds to kill them im just killing them quicker with the persk i have on and with an enemy dead quicker that means less shots on me, so i guess it all balances out. I will have to try this executioner since i have never branched off into the defense perks before, sounds interesting.

You will not be able to equip nine perks that increase dps without something being completely negligible or ridiculously situational.