PDA

View Full Version : Does Volge Typhon AR come with nano?

TremerChrist
06-22-2014, 11:07 AM
I have pulled several epics and one legendary of these and yet to get a nano. Should I keep the best one out of what I have or keep trying for a nano?

maverick07
06-22-2014, 02:13 PM
I have pulled several epics and one legendary of these and yet to get a nano. Should I keep the best one out of what I have or keep trying for a nano?

The regular VOT Volge Typhoons do not come with nanos. The Typhoon X ARs (with set bonus rolls) can come with nanos however.

3rdpig
06-22-2014, 02:19 PM
The regular VOT Volge Typhoons do not come with nanos. The Typhoon X ARs (with set bonus rolls) can come with nanos however.

I've got a purple Typhoon X with electrical that I upgraded to OJ recently. I put the burst mag on it too. While I'd never use it in an event like the WM or even an expert co-op, it's a great gun for all around mayhem and at level 5500, it's a killing machine that almost never runs out of ammo. It has some drawbacks though, the travel time on the shots and the up close explosive damage, but it's still a heck of a lot of fun. I use a bio slugger to take armor down, then it's time to unleash the Typhoon!

PseudoCool
06-22-2014, 02:33 PM
I've got a Typhoon that came with an electric nano. I've seen several that do not have them however. And no, I just checked, it is NOT an X-AR variant.

Beyond that, even at 5K (hit about an hour ago).. I still love it for generalized mayhem. Just put on the perk that limits the range you get hit by your own explosives and your set :)

ConcreteSnake
06-22-2014, 02:36 PM
I thought a patch notes said that all vogle weapons (thyphoon, thunderer, lightning rifle) could get nanos now because they did not before, but I have not seen one.

PseudoCool
06-22-2014, 02:38 PM
I've got a Thunderer that's got an electric nano on it as well as a Battle Rifle IV (I think, it's the OJ) that's also got electric.

I've seen a couple of the volge weapons with nano's.. I've yet to see anything other than electric however. Would love a Typhon AR with bio on it.. that would rock.

moof
06-22-2014, 03:05 PM
ive got a vot volge thunderer that came with incindiery right out the box,so i put an extended mag on it

its my favorite doom weapon at afflicted based incursions (and oddly enough despite the incindiery its still my best wep for volge)

PseudoCool
06-22-2014, 04:53 PM
ive got a vot volge thunderer that came with incindiery right out the box,so i put an extended mag on it

its my favorite doom weapon at afflicted based incursions (and oddly enough despite the incindiery its still my best wep for volge)

I've got one with assassin synergy that I've really been considering putting an incindiary mag mod into. It's a fun gun, but the volge key right onto you the instant you hit em with it. Then again, against anything else, it may as well be shooting ICBM's at em.

jdbeta
06-22-2014, 11:51 PM
I've got a Thunderer that's got an electric nano on it as well as a Battle Rifle IV (I think, it's the OJ) that's also got electric.

I've seen a couple of the volge weapons with nano's.. I've yet to see anything other than electric however. Would love a Typhon AR with bio on it.. that would rock.

All mine have bio.

Chump Norris
06-23-2014, 12:05 AM
You all should check out minor arkbreaks.

The drops seem some what broken...most of the time you get Typhoon/Thunder Pistol/Lightening Rifles.

I hate the drop rate but you can use it to your advantage and grab a wide variety of nanos.

Atticus Batman
06-23-2014, 02:35 PM
I thought a patch notes said that all vogle weapons (thyphoon, thunderer, lightning rifle) could get nanos now because they did not before, but I have not seen one.

{edited to fix incorrect quote}

These posts are right, I think as well. I recently got rid of an electric nano Volge typhoon.

maverick07
06-23-2014, 03:37 PM
These posts are right, I think as well. I recently got rid of an electric nano Volge typhoon.

These posts that you think are right is actually one post copied twice :). So what do the actual patch notes say then? (http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?157479-Patch-1.505-(hotfix)-Patch-Notes)

They never gave an reason as to why they only gave nanos to those two. As for the Volge Typhoon (NOT THE X AR) I've yet to see one with a nano, so if anyone can prove me wrong with a pic, please do.

Edit
You fixed your post :) never mind

Atticus Batman
06-23-2014, 03:43 PM
These posts that you think are right is actually one post copied twice :). So what do the actual patch notes say then? (http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?157479-Patch-1.505-(hotfix)-Patch-Notes)

They never gave an reason as to why they only gave nanos to those two. As for the Volge Typhoon (NOT THE X AR) I've yet to see one with a nano, so if anyone can prove me wrong with a pic, please do.

Oops. Where'd Pseudo's quote go? Guess I better fix that.

{edit} Ok it's fixed

drackiller
06-24-2014, 02:13 AM
Electric is a common nano for the Volge Typhoon but Bio not that much. I was lucky is these past few days to came across one (not sure when ) and i`ve been playing with it after this thread creation just to check the possibilities.

I don`t like to play with these kind of weapons because of the light, the slowness and lack of accuracy.
Most of this problems can be fixed with mods, except for the dam glare, but i digress.
After 2 days of play with this weapon, Typhoon BIO, i actually enjoyed it. The Bio as its benefits of course because now the weapon can do damage to health and armor plates at the same time.

I hate to say this, if it weren`t for the dam light, this could be a mighty fine weapon against the WM.