PDA

View Full Version : Can Xbox Players play with PC players?

Vohnkor
01-31-2013, 04:38 PM
I was just wondering I did a search but couldn't find an answer. Thank you.:o

furious123uk
01-31-2013, 04:40 PM
no they were goin 2 but cosoles dont wanna play ball

Dead_Phoenix
01-31-2013, 04:42 PM
no they were goin 2 but cosoles dont wanna play ball

Correction microsoft doesnt want to play ball...

Tenz
01-31-2013, 04:52 PM
Correction microsoft doesnt want to play ball...

lol you and microsoft. i know you love your xbox but you hate Microsoft soo much lol

(reference from another post)

KnightHeat
01-31-2013, 04:52 PM
oh, I thought I heard in a video of how the game is being made that all pc, ps3, 360 were going to be together.. Granted i haven't seen every article yet, but I was thinking about how odd it would be to talk to pc friends through the game chat, vent, etc

Just read the article haha, hmm, Mic, and Song got beef. Man, I really like meeting new people, and I'll be probably playing this on 360 >.<

Dead_Phoenix
01-31-2013, 04:57 PM
oh, I thought I heard in a video of how the game is being made that all pc, ps3, 360 were going to be together.. Granted i haven't seen every article yet, but I was thinking about how odd it would be to talk to pc friends through the game chat, vent, etc

Just read the article haha, hmm, Mic, and Song got beef. Man, I really like meeting new people, and I'll be probably playing this on 360 >.<

theres been many rumours for years. alot of multiplayer games say it might be possible until they actually try and release no one wants to play ball.

closest thing i know of is DUST514 which is pc and ps3

Dead_Phoenix
01-31-2013, 04:59 PM
lol you and microsoft. i know you love your xbox but you hate Microsoft soo much lol

(reference from another post)

lol well lets face it, they are jerks. not that sony are much better mind you, but at least they are more open minded to the cross platform media

Tzar of kaos
01-31-2013, 05:14 PM
If you are a PC gamer,you will be able to play on US,EU servers...the way you want.No restriction.
But for the consoles gamers,you will be able to play only on your region server, NA with NA,EU with EU,..... That what the french CM wrote,i ask for a confirmation...but it start to smell fishy on consoles...

I did a thread about this:Region restriction.

Nervusbreakdown
01-31-2013, 05:33 PM
Even they won't cross, it would be easy to have xbox and pc.
Both platforms are Microsoft.

Dead_Phoenix
01-31-2013, 05:35 PM
Even they won't cross, it would be easy to have xbox and pc.
Both platforms are Microsoft.

its nothing to do with how easy it is, its very very very easy for all 3 to work togther. its all about how microsoft dont want it to happen.

Valethar
01-31-2013, 05:37 PM
They're just throwing that 'quality assurance' crapola around because they like having a chokehold on developers. As long as they can hang that particular axe over their heads, they can force developers to kiss the royal signet or be denied access to the platform.

rathb18
01-31-2013, 05:44 PM
They don't do cross platform because PC players would slaughter console players, They have already tired this.

Tyren3402
01-31-2013, 05:52 PM
lol well lets face it, they are jerks. not that sony are much better mind you, but at least they are more open minded to the cross platform media

One of the reasons I have a PS3 and not an xbox. I don't like what they charge indie developers to patch games either. $40,000 is ridiculous. Happy that the Wii-U has done away with charging for patches.

Dead_Phoenix
01-31-2013, 05:56 PM
They don't do cross platform because PC players would slaughter console players, They have already tired this.

and yet research from alot of other devs/ makers begs to differ.... alot of games are starting to include it now, DUST 514 off the top of my head. ps3 excluse and has full kb/m support.

there using that as an excuse to shut out cross platform because they dont want to have there gamers play against others who get the exact same server for free. also gives them a monopoly on what they can charge devs for patching etc

rathb18
01-31-2013, 06:02 PM
and yet research from alot of other devs/ makers begs to differ.... alot of games are starting to include it now, DUST 514 off the top of my head. ps3 excluse and has full kb/m support.

there using that as an excuse to shut out cross platform because they dont want to have there gamers play against others who get the exact same server for free. also gives them a monopoly on what they can charge devs for patching etc

Yeah if they have K\M support but I can't think of any console game that supports that. If they made games that support K\M than sure it would even the playing field but most people that play console prefer controllers. FYI Dust is a bad example considering it's a ps3 exclusive.

ceegii63
01-31-2013, 06:06 PM
watch the COMICON Panel they discuss this

a Communication standard has to be established between consoles with no keyboard and PCs with keyboards and apparently this is the main hindrance to PC/XBOX crossplatform

Dead_Phoenix
01-31-2013, 06:10 PM
Yeah if they have K\M support but I can't think of any console game that supports that. If they made games that support K\M than sure it would even the playing field but most people that play console prefer controllers. FYI Dust is a bad example considering it's a ps3 exclusive.

if they have k/m support? dust being a console only game has full k/m support. so how is that a bad example? it pits k/m vs dual shock. they found it to be even. like most devs.and yet ms hold that this is the main reason they dont do cross platform? bull.

counter strike is another one i can think of.

Dead_Phoenix
01-31-2013, 06:12 PM
watch the COMICON Panel they discuss this

a Communication standard has to be established between consoles with no keyboard and PCs with keyboards and apparently this is the main hindrance to PC/XBOX crossplatform

should this be true then why are the trion devs sitting right now playing defiance/ testing it etc cross platform? surly if that was they case it would only hinder production?

rathb18
01-31-2013, 06:16 PM
if they have k/m support? dust being a console only game has full k/m support. so how is that a bad example? it pits k/m vs dual shock. they found it to be even. like most devs.and yet ms hold that this is the main reason they dont do cross platform? bull.

counter strike is another one i can think of.

I was saying it's a bad example because you don't vs PC's in it. Does counter strike vs PC's?

Dead_Phoenix
01-31-2013, 06:25 PM
I was saying it's a bad example because you don't vs PC's in it. Does counter strike vs PC's?

the point is tho its not about what medium there playing on but what there playing with. microsoft are supposed to be against k/m vs pads, not xbox vs pc. my point is alot of other game devs are argue the difference is so minimal it doesnt hinder play, if at all.

edit: altho i didnt play it apprently portal 2 pitted ps3 and pc togther, leaving xbox players once again out in the cold (just read on another thread :))

Silent Night
01-31-2013, 08:16 PM
Microsoft will have to eventually allow F2P games because as of now the PSN has Dust 514 and DC Universe Online. Cross platform could still be done if they connect directly to the PC servers instead of going through Xbox Live servers. If this was done then Microsoft would most likely block the whole game though. Sony would't have a problem with a PC/PS3 server though.

Rokkrwolf
02-01-2013, 02:03 AM
Am I the only one here who has played cross-platform on Xbox? Do none of you even know/ever hear of ShadowRun? It was a cross platform for Xbox 360 and PC, and tbh it was actually pretty good.

The whole pc players are better yada yada well in some aspect it is true but seeing as most pc games no-a-days are console ports it's been hindering them anyways. Not to mention piracy and hackers. Which I believe to be the true issue on why they don't want cross platform is how easy it is to hack and would just ruin the experience for console since well it's harder, for most anyways.

But all platforms have had some type of cross-platform, we are just waiting for that one that every platform will do but I doubt that will be anytime soon because all of them are stubborn and money hungry.

The Cog
02-01-2013, 03:29 AM
Am I the only one here who has played cross-platform on Xbox? Do none of you even know/ever hear of ShadowRun? It was a cross platform for Xbox 360 and PC, and tbh it was actually pretty good.

The whole pc players are better yada yada well in some aspect it is true but seeing as most pc games no-a-days are console ports it's been hindering them anyways. Not to mention piracy and hackers. Which I believe to be the true issue on why they don't want cross platform is how easy it is to hack and would just ruin the experience for console since well it's harder, for most anyways.

But all platforms have had some type of cross-platform, we are just waiting for that one that every platform will do but I doubt that will be anytime soon because all of them are stubborn and money hungry.

i concur. there was also lost planet colonies.

rathb18
02-01-2013, 07:29 AM

I don't know how a console port hinders a PC gamer's play, Considering it is the accuracy and control you get from a keyboard and mouse that's makes PC players much better. The only major difference between a console port and PC built game is the graphics and the UI. And piracy is equal between xbox and pc, heck most xbox games go onto pirate sites weeks before the PC version, And they always have loads of downloads. And by hacking I assume you mean cheating? Downloading a program and using it to let you cheat in a game is not hacking. And yes there is more cheating on the PC but we also have way more dedicated servers that can be password protected and have people watching them 24/7 so it kinda equals itself out there too.

Aaricane
02-01-2013, 07:35 AM
Its not being done for one reason & one reason only.....

Microsoft.

Warhead
02-01-2013, 08:05 AM
Its not being done for one reason & one reason only.....

Microsoft.

Sad but true. I am a pretty big MS fan, but they are standing in the way of cross platform play. The devs said on the live feed that the beta is actually cross platform.

Glitch
02-01-2013, 08:41 AM
As much as I love my 360, and am actually pretty fond of the company there is not denying that this was their issue. Quite simply they didn't want to play on a network where PS3 players were playing, and as a result this would've if anything led to a problem where the PC + PS3 versions may've been interacting (DUST 514), and another version where the 360 players would've been to themselves.

That being said, as much as I've had fun with my 360... Microsoft's practices are really pushing me closer and closer to cancelling my xbox live membership and instead just getting a PS3 and dealing with their thing.

Dead_Phoenix
02-01-2013, 08:48 AM
As much as I love my 360, and am actually pretty fond of the company there is not denying that this was their issue. Quite simply they didn't want to play on a network where PS3 players were playing, and as a result this would've if anything led to a problem where the PC + PS3 versions may've been interacting (DUST 514), and another version where the 360 players would've been to themselves.

That being said, as much as I've had fun with my 360... Microsoft's practices are really pushing me closer and closer to cancelling my xbox live membership and instead just getting a PS3 and dealing with their thing.

i totally agree. they are stifeling progression. imagion how much fun alot of games by increasing the community by 3 fold. not to mention give devs more free roam.

Tzar of kaos
02-01-2013, 08:51 AM
It don't really bother me that Defiance isn't cross-platform,but i learn that we won't be able to play worldwide on Xbox and PS3.I still hope that untrue...
PS :I did a thread about this-"Region restriction"

Tsugi
02-01-2013, 11:54 AM
It's possible but Sony and Microsoft declined the idea.