PDA

View Full Version : Shrill grenade = first "new" item in a long time

Smiit
06-23-2014, 08:50 PM
The last time I remember getting any new items and weapons was in arkbreaker. They were cool unique and interesting. Every dlc since that has given us crappy reskinned weapons and I hipe the new grenade they just added is a sign of things to come. Yah I know its just a grenade but its nice to be using something that feels new doesnt feel like ive used it before. Really strategic kind of grenade.

Griffix8
06-23-2014, 08:52 PM
All that's left is a syphon grenade....

nathanpbutler
06-23-2014, 09:09 PM
Shrill grenade? Where is this from?

Did new missions and rewards get added today that weren't announced?

ConcreteSnake
06-23-2014, 09:17 PM
Shrill grenade? Where is this from?

Did new missions and rewards get added today that weren't announced?

white ones in regular grenade vendors and up to legendary drop in lockboxes

nathanpbutler
06-23-2014, 09:28 PM
So, they added this today with no explanation, no announcement, no missions that tie into it . . . nothing but dropping it in?

Griffix8
06-23-2014, 09:29 PM
So, they added this today with no explanation, no announcement, no missions that tie into it . . . nothing but dropping it in?
Pretty much.

Smiit
06-23-2014, 10:11 PM
I didnt notice either until people started selling then in zone all the time.

Griffix8
06-23-2014, 10:25 PM
I didnt notice either until people started selling then in zone all the time.
I thought it was a joke. But hey its still nice we got something new.

drackiller
06-23-2014, 11:40 PM
The last time I remember getting any new items and weapons was in arkbreaker. They were cool unique and interesting. Every dlc since that has given us crappy reskinned weapons and I hipe the new grenade they just added is a sign of things to come. Yah I know its just a grenade but its nice to be using something that feels new doesnt feel like ive used it before. Really strategic kind of grenade.

There was already a topic about it, why create another one.

This forum is getting worst day by day.

Smiit
06-24-2014, 12:11 AM
Because of people like you complaining about it. I didnt know there was another thread but these are my thoughts. You didnt have to come here and complain.

drackiller
06-24-2014, 12:17 AM
Because of people like you complaining about it. I didnt know there was another thread but these are my thoughts. You didnt have to come here and complain.

So you assume the fact that you are a troll?

Why reed the forum if i can write what ever i want !? Is that the way you think ?

Troll.

PimplyPete
06-24-2014, 12:26 AM

Isn't the Shrill Grenade just a re-skin Bio-Grenade? Instead of a black/grey puddle on the floor, the Shrill Nades leaves a green puddle.

I hope they actually release new weapons in the future, hopefully with the "Defiance Few" vender.

PTR47
06-24-2014, 12:35 AM
So you assume the fact that you are a troll?

Why reed the forum if i can write what ever i want !? Is that the way you think ?

Troll.

Go away. He can post whatever he pleases.

Atticus Batman
06-24-2014, 01:06 AM
Go away. He can post whatever he pleases.

So can Drackiller.

Paster of Muppets
06-24-2014, 01:55 AM
So can Drackiller.

Well, he can smear **** on the walls too. There are plenty of things people *can* do, but probably shouldn't.

drackiller
06-24-2014, 02:00 AM
Wow so many people offended by me saying that there was already one thread with the same stuff.

LOL, the Trolls uniting together.

Paster of Muppets
06-24-2014, 02:11 AM
Wow so many people offended by me saying that there was already one thread with the same stuff.

If it makes you happy imagining people offended by some less than well thought out forum posts of yours, go right ahead. I'm just slightly amused that you're the one calling *other* people trolls.

drackiller
06-24-2014, 02:18 AM
If it makes you happy imagining people offended by some less than well thought out forum posts of yours, go right ahead. I'm just slightly amused that you're the one calling *other* people trolls.

A well thought thread or topic would be aknowleging another one and keep posting there, and no it`s not my thread and i don`t care.
But i care that good info stays buried beneath so much garbage due to constant repetition of the same issues all over the forum.

Keep on trolling dude.

Not going to answer you anymore dude, have a nice day.

N3gativeCr33p
06-24-2014, 05:31 AM

Standard. Operating. Procedure.

mes77
06-24-2014, 05:31 AM
A well thought thread or topic would be aknowleging another one and keep posting there, and no it`s not my thread and i don`t care.
But i care that good info stays buried beneath so much garbage due to constant repetition of the same issues all over the forum.

Keep on trolling dude.

Not going to answer you anymore dude, have a nice day.

Congrats this is ****** nozzle post of the week, and instead of pointing out that one thread is about the new items form and function, while this ones about the fact that its the first new item in a while, we'll just skip all that because your clearly always right. Stop skipping your adderoll.

PseudoCool
06-24-2014, 05:53 AM
Well everyone.. let's eat this apple one bite at a time:

#1 - yeah.. it was added ninja-like. I'd of loved to have had some sort of tie-in with a mission or two before getting access to it. Sort of an easter egg hunt type thing. They really dropped the ball on how they put it in.

#2 - All of you people with less than 100 posts, I'm going to make the assumption that your a bunch of F2P people that haven't been here for long. Just so you all know, anyone with 1K posts on these forums has been here awhile. Most of us where here in closed Alpha. And while we love having new players, WE set the standard for how things are done around here (be it forums or in the game). WE have earned that.. WE have PAID for that. So when someone mentions that there's already a seperate thread where this is being discussed and there's no reason for a new one, perhaps you should pay attention in the future and post your thoughts there so they could be part of the bigger discussion with everyone. Trust me, your thoughts WILL be read and viewed, and like in this case here, they'd be agreed with. New players coming on here and trying to start garbage with veterans is hogwash. Like it or not, WE have earned the right to stand here and give you some pointers on how WE have established things to be done. It's not elitist, it's not snobbery, it's not even negative: it's showing YOU how to fit in with the rest of the community. Only place in the world this happens in in video games. Enjoy it.. revel in it.. accept and apply it. We welcome you to the community, but it's OUR community. You come here, you get to enjoy the standards that WE set.

Happy Arkhunting!

Clarity Page
06-24-2014, 06:00 AM
I thought shrill was just a new nickname for the hatchlings then I thought they might be a troll rumour-mongering but I'm surprised to see that they are actually a new item, looking forward to getting one.
Did it get mentioned in the live stream? just that i would of thought trion would of been shouting about having a new item

PTR47
06-24-2014, 06:03 AM
Join date is probably a better indicator. Just sayin'.

mes77
06-24-2014, 06:11 AM
Well everyone.. let's eat this apple one bite at a time:

#1 - yeah.. it was added ninja-like. I'd of loved to have had some sort of tie-in with a mission or two before getting access to it. Sort of an easter egg hunt type thing. They really dropped the ball on how they put it in.

#2 - All of you people with less than 100 posts, I'm going to make the assumption that your a bunch of F2P people that haven't been here for long. Just so you all know, anyone with 1K posts on these forums has been here awhile. Most of us where here in closed Alpha. And while we love having new players, WE set the standard for how things are done around here (be it forums or in the game). WE have earned that.. WE have PAID for that. So when someone mentions that there's already a seperate thread where this is being discussed and there's no reason for a new one, perhaps you should pay attention in the future and post your thoughts there so they could be part of the bigger discussion with everyone. Trust me, your thoughts WILL be read and viewed, and like in this case here, they'd be agreed with. New players coming on here and trying to start garbage with veterans is hogwash. Like it or not, WE have earned the right to stand here and give you some pointers on how WE have established things to be done. It's not elitist, it's not snobbery, it's not even negative: it's showing YOU how to fit in with the rest of the community. Only place in the world this happens in in video games. Enjoy it.. revel in it.. accept and apply it. We welcome you to the community, but it's OUR community. You come here, you get to enjoy the standards that WE set.

Happy Arkhunting!

Hate to disagree with you big guy as I generally enjoy your posts but this is trions forum and they set the standard. I've been here since launch and my post count is sub 100 because I read whats up and only post if I feel like I can contribute to the subject being discussed or in the case of this thread where a forum vet decided to start calling everybody a troll for creating a thread that closely parallels an existing thread. As too the e-peen I've been here nonsense, I have a max ego possible character (5851), someone hand me my crown.

Kibblehouse
06-24-2014, 06:31 AM
Yeah The Defiance people dropped the ball again PR wise. Could have gotten a little boost PR wise crowing about a new weapon introduction, but no. Another possibility is that this is an "accidental release" which could account for the weapon being released before the announcement.

Just getting into the forums for the morning so if this is already posted I will see it shortly, but has anyone taken a good look at how the Shrill works and how uesfull it will be? (I mean playtesting, not just guessing from the description, I can do that by myself)

Wander
06-24-2014, 06:42 AM
There was already a topic about it, why create another one.

This forum is getting worst day by day.

For whinning about whinning, at least use the right words mate. Or are you just getting worst day by day?

Wander
06-24-2014, 06:43 AM

What trolls? your acting like a child lol, throwing insults wherever you can.

pathetic.

Kibblehouse
06-24-2014, 06:46 AM
For whinning about whinning, at least use prothe right words mate. Or are you just getting worst day by day?

LOL nothing funnier than seeing someone make mistakes when they are complaining about others mistakes.

prothe?

You may go back to bickering now.

Wander
06-24-2014, 06:47 AM
Well. And while we love having new players, WE set the standard for how things are done around here (be it forums or in the game). !

Errrrrr, as a BETA tester and day one player since April last year, cant say I agree mate. All of us are important, and us vets are not any better than the new players sorry to say. Sure we paid full price, but some could just call us idiots for not waiting a year and playing it for free lol.

Anyway, as a vet you should KNOW we dont set ANYTHING. Trion sets it all, and always will.

because grenades.

We welcome you to the community, but it's OUR community. You come here, you get to enjoy the standards that WE set.

Happy Arkhunting!

Sorry but you are sounding like such a elitist fool right now. wow dude. No idea you were like this....maybe you should have just stayed on your hiatus.

LOL nothing funnier than seeing someone make mistakes when they are complaining about others mistakes.

prothe?

You may go back to bickering now.

lol got me before the edit damn you

Wander
06-24-2014, 06:51 AM
this post is getting wild now....

drackiller
06-24-2014, 07:37 AM
For whinning about whinning, at least use the right words mate. Or are you just getting worst day by day?
Dude, your out of your way. Read my first post.
I only said that one thread about this was already ceated.
What is wrong about you people?
I keep laughing about this shtacko...

Ps: do you think after 2407 posts and not even once i get a reprimend, you (who ever you are) think that i fall in to your knees!? Wishfull thinking...

PseudoCool
06-24-2014, 07:41 AM
Dude, your out of your way. Read my first post.
I only said that one thread about this was already ceated.
What is wrong about you people?
I keep laughing about this shtacko...

I know right? As if people don't want to read the forums, but instead would just rather clutter it with their own thoughts and random ideas. Now.. that being said, I DO like the way the OP lead into this thread, but since the first few posts it's devolved into an e-peen match with a few of us, myself included. That being said, I STAND to what I said previously. Don't like it.. tough shtako.. go back to being a forum ghost or proclaiming that Defiance has to be just like every other game out there that you love and/or hate. Frankly.. if your not giving positive contribution to the community, even if that contribution is different than Trions.. why are you here other than to troll/troll bait/whine/complain/spread malaise like mayonaise ?

*yawn*

This threads become boring already. Perhaps in time when people start making a ton of threads that get limited responses, they'll get the hint on proper forum etiquette. Doubtful.. but I'll keep my hopes on this one more than I'll hope that the game gets a crafting system.

BIEBERyoloSWAG
06-24-2014, 07:43 AM
the grenade looks like i ate mexican food and indian food for a whole straight week and couldnt hold it in anymore on the battle field.

PseudoCool
06-24-2014, 07:46 AM
the grenade looks like i ate mexican food and indian food for a whole straight week and couldnt hold it in anymore on the battle field.

Ya know I gotta say it man..

But the grenade looks like I was forced to listen to too many Justin Bieber songs on the way home from a night of binge eating indian food while drinking too many "hand grenades". The result would be the same I'm sure :)

drackiller
06-24-2014, 07:48 AM
I have to say this, while people was saying shtacko in this thread, i was watching one GREAT MOVIE : The Man from Laramie.
What a great movie. Jimmy Stewart for frack sake, got to love it.

Atticus Batman
06-24-2014, 08:00 AM
Watch the Cheyenne Social Club while you are at it. IT has Jimmy Stewart AND Henry Fonda! :)

Crisstofyr
06-24-2014, 08:03 AM
white ones in regular grenade vendors and up to legendary drop in lockboxes

My guess is that it relates to an upcoming episode/tie-in mission and they turned on (possibly accidentally) the vendor restocking options a few days early. Weren't the hatchling grenades introduced through a season 1 episode mission?

Atticus Batman
06-24-2014, 08:07 AM
My guess is that it relates to an upcoming episode/tie-in mission and they turned on (possibly accidentally) the vendor restocking options a few days early. Weren't the hatchling grenades introduced through a season 1 episode mission?

yes the hatchlings were, and higher rarities weren't added for them until recently. However higher rarities of Shrill are in the game, so obviously they activated more than just the whites in vendor.

Manstan
06-24-2014, 08:16 AM
With long list of things this game needs, a new type of grenades isn't one of them.

On a different forum I blew up after the 16th thread was started about the same subject. 7 of the first 10 threads had almost identical titles, yet everyone that came on to gripe about the issue thought they were so special they needed their own thread about it.

I was a forum mod and just started deleting new threads.

Smiit
06-24-2014, 09:27 AM
Wow thank you all for the interesting replies that were ACTUALLY about the topic of this being a "new" item addition. Dont know why some of you felt the need to argue and get all negative.

drackiller
06-24-2014, 09:30 AM
Watch the Cheyenne Social Club while you are at it. IT has Jimmy Stewart AND Henry Fonda! :)

Trolls are gone !?

I love old Hollywood movies...i`m an old fart... i trully love them.

Are they really gone away..!? The trolls, i mean?
Just asking...

Atticus Batman
06-24-2014, 10:11 AM
Trolls are gone !?

I love old Hollywood movies...i`m an old fart... i trully love them.

Are they really gone away..!? The trolls, i mean?
Just asking...

Not sure. As long as there isn't alot of name calling or hatred, they usually don't bug me, besides I tend to either ignore or feed the trolls.

CM Kiwibird
06-24-2014, 10:13 AM
Closing due to reports of abuse.