PDA

View Full Version : Should they bring back PrePatch Rolls now that if we dont like the xp we can re-roll

BIEBERyoloSWAG
06-24-2014, 01:39 PM
Everyone back in the day hated prepatch rolls because the game was easy and what the heck are we going to do with self revive on a easy game. Now those rolls are kind of useful so why doesnt trion bring them back?

The issue was when you rolled a gun back in the day and got the self revive you were forced to keep it. Trion added re-rolls so there is really no cause to complain about getting it since it can be gone in 20 minutes.

I am only asking for XP pre patch rolls.

Does anyone else agree?

Bonehead
06-24-2014, 01:47 PM
No .

BIEBERyoloSWAG
06-24-2014, 01:54 PM
No .

But i like 30% self revive rate. With my respark survivor ark and with the right perks i had my self revive up in a matter of 10 seconds

Bonehead
06-24-2014, 02:01 PM
So many bad rolls though. Sooooo many.

Overtkill21
06-24-2014, 02:14 PM
No.

Why?

Fire Rate on Self Revive
Damage to Vehicles
Melee, so much melee

ConcreteSnake
06-24-2014, 02:31 PM
Only thing worth bringing back is self revive refresh rate and self revive refresh on kill. Either would be better than 10% dmg from last shot in clip.....other than that, they all bad.

Overtkill21
06-24-2014, 04:28 PM
Only thing worth bringing back is self revive refresh rate and self revive refresh on kill. Either would be better than 10% dmg from last shot in clip.....other than that, they all bad.

I have a few weapons with these rolls on them and can't bring myself to get rid of them. They're like relics of an age gone by - but I don't use them - they're just inventory dust gatherers.

Atticus Batman
06-24-2014, 04:35 PM
Yes and bring back the sawbones synergy too! I had to spend the arkforge to level my 2k levels because I couldn't just buy a replacement, glad I bought a shotty and Bmg before they were removed. Wasn't there also a title in the Paradise vendor before it's revamp, that is now gone?

Error404
06-24-2014, 05:15 PM

My Outlaw Double Damage Northstar would like a word with your face.

Critical Errors
06-25-2014, 03:12 AM
Rather than adding more disappointing rolls to the mastery database, I'd rather see a rebalance of existing rolls and perks. With the added death tax and enemies that one-hit-kill, the damage reduction and medic class perks are lacking severely. The perk system was designed for solo/small group play, and that no longer fits into the game.

As for the original question of perks, we've been asking for a change for quite a while. Primarily, the 10% Dmg on last shot mastery should no longer appear on ARs/LMGs/SMGs. The 8% Dmg on next shot after kill mastery should be removed from the database completely.

We've all complained till we're blue about mastery rolls. They should never disappoint the weapon holder. These bonuses should make a nice weapon great, and a great weapon even greater.

P.S. I still want to have the chance to roll speed boost on reload for my Wolfhound or SMG! :D

ArkGuardian_MichaelDial
06-25-2014, 04:33 AM
I miss my melee nano effects, the Fire and Syphon against the raiders are funny lol
The % Self Revive rate was one i usually use like every time back then as well.

mes77
06-25-2014, 06:22 AM
Some of those rolls were worthless but the vehicle damage one was good even if it was only applicable to shadow wars and capture and hold. A breaker cannon that had that for the mastery was passed between more clan mates for the SW vehicle kills than any gun before or since.

Tekrunner
06-25-2014, 07:13 AM
Some of those rolls were worthless but the vehicle damage one was good even if it was only applicable to shadow wars and capture and hold. A breaker cannon that had that for the mastery was passed between more clan mates for the SW vehicle kills than any gun before or since.

I did most of my vehicle kills using a derailer and the damage to vehicle perk. Killed runners in one shot, cerberuses in 2 or 3. No need for additional bonus really. Anyway, nowadays vehicles explode if you so much as breathe in their general direction.

ironcladtrash
06-25-2014, 07:20 AM
The first 2 legendary sniper rifles I got both had brutal synergy. No way do I ever want to see the original rolls comeback. There are still way too many useless rolls and synergies that still need to go like cannoneer bolt action rifles, or stalker on anything but an AR/SMG, and as was already mentioned 10% damage on last shot in clip on high mag weapons, I got that mastery on a thunder with 180 mag. They didn't go far enough the first time purging the BS from the weapons.

PseudoCool
06-25-2014, 07:49 AM

It's actually a REALLY good roll if you get it on a rocket launcher or a sawed off shotty. That's where it shines. But on something with a large magazine, it's pretty pointless IMHO.

Tekrunner
06-25-2014, 08:03 AM
It's actually a REALLY good roll if you get it on a rocket launcher or a sawed off shotty. That's where it shines. But on something with a large magazine, it's pretty pointless IMHO.

Here's a good news for you: that mastery bonus cannot occur on sawed-offs or rocket launchers (at least according to http://www.defiancedata.com/weaponbonuses.php?t=Mastery).