PDA

View Full Version : Charge Blade jump attack is ineffective

SethC
06-25-2014, 12:43 AM
I've been playing with the Charge Blade recently for fun and noticed that the Jump Attack isn't working correctly against shielded enemies, such as Dark Matter and 99ers. It takes down their shield and health, but they don't die, you can keep jumping and jumping and they'll soak it right up. The jump kills them while I have Blur active, but not when it's not. Anyone else experience this ?

Additionally the jump attack doesn't damage the following things :

Explosive Barrels
Hellbug Pheromone Secreters
Munition Crates

Also this is unrelated to the jump attack, but melee kill Perks can be triggered by "Killing" an Explosive Barrel. So say if I need some extra Ablative Armor, or want to move faster, then I can just whack an Explosive Barrel with my Charge Blade and get them for a few seconds.

Atticus Batman
06-25-2014, 09:27 AM
I've been playing with the Charge Blade recently for fun and noticed that the Jump Attack isn't working correctly against shielded enemies, such as Dark Matter and 99ers. It takes down their shield and health, but they don't die, you can keep jumping and jumping and they'll soak it right up. The jump kills them while I have Blur active, but not when it's not. Anyone else experience this ?

Additionally the jump attack doesn't damage the following things :

Explosive Barrels
Hellbug Pheromone Secreters

Also this is unrelated to the jump attack, but melee kill Perks can be triggered by "Killing" an Explosive Barrel. So say if I need some extra Ablative Armor, or want to move faster, then I can just whack an Explosive Barrel with my Charge Blade and get them for a few seconds.

all kill perks can be triggered by destroying a barrel, not just the melee ones.

As for jump attacks, they always seem to work for me. Even on barrels and secreters.

SethC
06-25-2014, 02:12 PM
all kill perks can be triggered by destroying a barrel, not just the melee ones.

As for jump attacks, they always seem to work for me. Even on barrels and secreters.
Weird so it's only me that the jump attack is acting wonky for ? I had assumed that other perks were being triggered by those barrels. What gives, is there a little person hiding in there or something ?

KasperSheitup
06-25-2014, 02:28 PM
Female/Male char?

I know Tekrunner has spotted a few glitches with the female player model. Could be that thing influencing this thing but what do I know...

SethC
06-25-2014, 04:52 PM
Female/Male char?

I know Tekrunner has spotted a few glitches with the female player model. Could be that thing influencing this thing but what do I know...
I'm not sure, but I've captured the issue I'm currently facing. In the video below you'll see that I can only kill shielded enemies with the jump attack while Blur is active, otherwise they just soak up my damage. I also show that the barrels don't get damaged by the jump attack either. (except when the smelter blows it up)

DdG2NuMBsuc

This is actually a problem if I'm trying to jump into a mob of shielded enemies that are at low health, because it wont have any chance of killing them unless Blur is active.

Atticus Batman
06-25-2014, 07:19 PM
Female/Male char?

Possible since their character is female and mine is male, or it could just be a glitch that I have been lucky enough to avoid so far.

Logain
06-25-2014, 07:36 PM
That is completely weird. I have no issues with jump attacks either but my character is also male, I do not have the Chimera Fang, and I am on the PC.

The one thing I can say is does this happen with other swords or just the Fang? Did you try un-equipping and then re-equipping?
Other than that. All I can say is file a bug report, if you can upload this video to Trion do so, and post in the Bugs in this Forum.

Atticus Batman
06-25-2014, 07:40 PM
That is completely weird. I have no issues with jump attacks either but my character is also male, I do not have the Chimera Fang, and I am on the PC.

The one thing I can say is does this happen with other swords or just the Fang? Did you try un-equipping and then re-equipping?
Other than that. All I can say is file a bug report, if you can upload this video to Trion do so, and post in the Bugs in this Forum.

Wow I didn't notice the Fang equipped. I have it but prefer the Katana so I can make use of the unity syn. Guess I might have to try the Fang to see if I notice the issue with it. Thorne arenas here I come, with a double blade loadout just to swap and test on both!

SethC
06-25-2014, 08:03 PM
Good Idea Logain,

I went and tested the Shanjifyo and Amakuni blades, but I was met with the same results as in the video I posted. Those shields have an Iron defense against my jumps. :p

Let me know your result, Bats.

PTR47
06-25-2014, 08:14 PM
I am experiencing the same issue on PS3. Even if I have to jump to reach an enemy, I will wait to land because jump damage does nothing but trigger the GCD.

Female toon.

SethC
06-26-2014, 03:58 AM
I am experiencing the same issue on PS3. Even if I have to jump to reach an enemy, I will wait to land because jump damage does nothing but trigger the GCD.

Female toon.
Thank god, I thought I was the only one. This has been driving me crazy for the past week.

SethC
06-27-2014, 08:31 AM
So,

Male characters have no issues with the jump attack, but Female characters do. Am I correct when I say this ? I'd give it a try myself, but I don't feel like creating a new character right now, and don't have money to spend on recreation of my current.

mikeel
06-27-2014, 08:43 AM
I wouldn't think cause of a gender based on which one you would choose would effect your damage from your jump attack. Did you upgrade your sword after your ego level raises ?. Is it up at Legendary ?. Is your perk next to the cloak that adds damage for being above 2 m of your target added to your build ?. Is your brawler stim active ?.

I'm wondering if a perk is not working.... Maybe you might re-apply all your perks to make sure they are taking effect...

SethC
06-27-2014, 08:51 AM
I'll change to a loadout with no perks and only a Blade later, if I still can't break through a Shielded enemies Shield, or damage barrels with the jump attack, then something is wonky.

P.S.

From what I recall, even with a bralwer stim I couldn't break through their shield with the jump attack. For some reason only with my EGO power active(blur) I could actually KILL THEM. I don't jump around like a rabbit, but when you try to jump on a mob with shields to recharge your EGO power you notice things.

PTR47
06-27-2014, 09:47 AM
Mine seems to be working now.

SethC
06-27-2014, 10:53 AM
Okay I took off all my perks, and worthless equipment. Still doing what it does to shielded enemies as in my video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DdG2NuMBsuc).

Do me a favor anyone with a Charge Blade and Gunslinger Trials :

Go to Arena : The Observatory and only use the Jump attack with your charge blade to see if it kills Dark Matter. (No EGO power either) This is a perfect spot to test it since every enemy has a shield, I'm also going to test the other difficulties too.

Thanks.

PTR47
06-27-2014, 11:15 AM
Okay, ya, it's working against targets with no shields, but not against targets with shields. I see two numbers pop up... a big crit (29kish) and then a Blue one (shield damage). When the shield appears down, the blue one popping up is between 3 and 1 damage. I cannot break the shield and the crit damage isn't getting through.

No Perks
Female
EGO 5314
Chimera Fang 5089
PS3/NA

SethC
06-27-2014, 06:26 PM
Thanks, the problem is mainly with enemies that have shields. Like you said, you see the shield damage and it's almost like it's being divided by 2 or something. Because each jump takes away a certain amount on the shield, but never kills the enemy even if you manage to break through.

I also came across another object that doesn't get damaged by the jump attack : Munition Crates. I added it to the list in the first post.

For me :

EGO 5621
Chimera Fang 5591
Female
PS3 NA