PDA

View Full Version : Missed NA Server Maintenance Communication

Scapes
06-26-2014, 12:13 PM
Folks,

We missed announcing today's North American server maintenance (PC, X360, PS3) before it happened both in-game and on the forums. This doesn't meet our standard of service and for that we apologize.

We'll be issuing 2-hour Reputation Personal+ Boosts to all North American players (will appear in Claim Items) as a token of our thanks for your patience. Since the item grant is to all Defiance players, the process will take a day or two to fully complete. We're also taking steps to prevent this from happening again by adding internal failsafes to catch when a communication hasn't been scheduled or published before downtime begins. Our goal is always to notify you before any scheduled outages.

The North American servers are now live. Good hunting and enjoy tonight's second episode of Defiance!

dramaQkarri
06-26-2014, 12:15 PM
I suppose this means I should do my daily contracts for once.
Thanks!

Odessa
06-26-2014, 12:27 PM
Thank you, Scapes. It's really good to see the acknowledgement of missed communication and plan to improve on that moving forward. Thank you for the boost to come, as well. Much appreciated.

Roez
06-26-2014, 01:56 PM
Thank you, Scapes. It's really good to see the acknowledgement of missed communication and plan to improve on that moving forward. Thank you for the boost to come, as well. Much appreciated.

Second this. A polite, quick and reasonable response to an unfortunate mistake.

Bonehead
06-26-2014, 02:12 PM
Folks,

We missed announcing today's North American server maintenance (PC, X360, PS3) before it happened both in-game and on the forums. This doesn't meet our standard of service and for that we apologize.

We'll be issuing 2-hour Reputation Personal+ Boosts to all North American players (will appear in Claim Items) as a token of our thanks for your patience. Since the item grant is to all Defiance players, the process will take a day or two to fully complete. We're also taking steps to prevent this from happening again by adding internal failsafes to catch when a communication hasn't been scheduled or published before downtime begins. Our goal is always to notify you before any scheduled outages.

The North American servers are now live. Good hunting and enjoy tonight's second episode of Defiance!

+7 .

Market
06-26-2014, 02:13 PM
Agreed with Odessa and Roez!

Scapes, I don't suppose you guys could be convinced to hold off on that Rep boost until Monday??? Say, around noon Pacific??? ;):p:cool:

cuba 666
06-26-2014, 02:15 PM
Folks,

Thank you Scapes we all love you.....mistakes happen.....love the game sense day one...

PhantasieTrion
06-26-2014, 02:26 PM
Scapes, I don't suppose you guys could be convinced to hold off on that Rep boost until Monday??? Say, around noon Pacific??? ;):p:cool:

Our plan is to have the Rep Boost show up in your claims, meaning you can use it when you see fit. Does this work?

Xaat Xuun
06-26-2014, 03:01 PM
Our plan is to have the Rep Boost show up in your claims, meaning you can use it when you see fit. Does this work?
first thanks for the gift,
and
Perfect, hope the plan works as planned
either way, thank you

Roez
06-26-2014, 03:28 PM
Agreed with Odessa and Roez!

There's no expiration is there? It goes into claims and sits there until you activate it. I still have the 2 hour score boost they awarded, and plan to use this weekend.

Edit: NM, you have Phantasie's hotline number. :p

Market
06-26-2014, 03:32 PM

Exceptionally! Thank you!

There's no expiration is there? It goes into claims and sits there until you activate it. I still have the 2 hour score boost they awarded, and plan to use this weekend.

Edit: NM, you have Phantasie's hotline number. :p

LOL I guess I'm still used to the old way of things like this. Old dog and all. ;)

Amack
06-26-2014, 04:39 PM
Unannounced server maintenance in the early morning that lasted for hours?!?! No patch notes?!?!? Upgrades?!?!?

Sweet deal.

Darkkito
06-27-2014, 02:45 AM
Still go on the maintenance? I ask because i get the message of the service is not available

DEATHBRINGER210
06-27-2014, 03:01 AM
i wonder who showed up late with breakfast this morning

Nefarious
06-29-2014, 11:38 AM
I for one am saving this +50% Rep boost for when the new Defiant Few faction arrives.

Game guru
06-29-2014, 07:40 PM
I for one am saving this +50% Rep boost for when the new Defiant Few faction arrives.

Servers are not working properly
Can not connect

Wakeup over there. Xbox na

TTOWNZ DIRTIEST
06-29-2014, 08:11 PM
wth?? yea no connection to NA XBOX RIGHT NOW????

ichiro071
06-29-2014, 08:14 PM
Look at thread date people. Today is 6/29/2014

Kane Fraiser
06-29-2014, 08:15 PM
wth?? yea no connection to NA XBOX RIGHT NOW????

Seriously, I guess one mess up isn't enough. Not to say you guys over there aren't trying, but hey, maybe that's the problem. Oh and before you blame the internet companies, my internet on my phone and laptop is working and this is happening around the country, with people using different internet services.