PDA

View Full Version : Devs ! Why not making the Openwold PVP like the freeroam from red dead redemption ?

Stew360
01-31-2013, 05:52 PM
I think the shadowwar kinda thing is Okish but iam really disapointed , i was hopping to have a TRUE openwold PVP where all the wold is open to us and where we can do PVE mission with PVP clan mercenarys bandits cherif elements into it , i could have been way better than just having a standard shadowwar multiplayers with maps randomisation

I would like to have a 100 % PVP /PVE wold so guild could figth for the arkfall for the loots or cooperate with trahison and backstabing and really fun elements thats can happen it a true sandbox PVE/PVP like eve online

Please devs make this happen , i would like players to write history not a multiplayer mode with time limites ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-VscDOO0W4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oq2oxt7Nrxo

Stew360
01-31-2013, 05:53 PM
I would like to see this kind of buttlefly effect into defiance

Tyren3402
01-31-2013, 05:58 PM
I don't like being forced into PvP or forced into competitive PvP. I don't think it's fair. I like the idea that if one day I want to do it, I can, and if another I just want to introduce a player to the game, I can without the fear of being snipped from 500 yards away. Introducing new players to a game where they are trying to learn the ropes and they stumble upon a huge pvp battle isn't all that cool. They spend the next three hours gaining nothing, and losing interest, especially if they are under leveled.

Aaricane
01-31-2013, 06:00 PM
I kindly disagree. I'm not much of a PVP person in these kind of games. Hated trying to quest in WoW while some lvl 85 Rogue in PVP gear rapes me over & over.

Dead_Phoenix
01-31-2013, 06:01 PM
yes because all of us LOVE being shot in the back for the 1000th time when just trying to do missions.

besides red dead wasnt really a true open world pvp, for a start the maps were lobbied and only held 16 players. so it was more like a giant arena. without the score boards, or objectives.

as for eve as much as i enjoyed my years on eve, they can stay on eve. true it made for some hughly dynamic game play, but it made doing anything else painful.

this game is built around coop. humanity and alien coming togther to survive. how would open world pvp really fit with those ideals?

Stew360
01-31-2013, 06:07 PM
I don't like being forced into PvP or forced into competitive PvP. I don't think it's fair. I like the idea that if one day I want to do it, I can, and if another I just want to introduce a player to the game, I can without the fear of being snipped from 500 yards away. Introducing new players to a game where they are trying to learn the ropes and they stumble upon a huge pvp battle isn't all that cool. They spend the next three hours gaining nothing, and losing interest, especially if they are under leveled.

yes because all of us LOVE being shot in the back for the 1000th time when just trying to do missions.

besides red dead wasnt really a true open world pvp, for a start the maps were lobbied and only held 16 players. so it was more like a giant arena. without the score boards, or objectives.

as for eve as much as i enjoyed my years on eve, they can stay on eve. true it made for some hughly dynamic game play, but it made doing anything else painful.

this game is built around coop. humanity and alien coming togther to survive. how would open world pvp really fit with those ideals?

there will be PVE only servers for those who dont want PVP and PVP/PVE servers for more advanced or hardcore players

I do not ask for all servers to be openwold PVP but having some could be awesome

Figting real players bandits to get the ressources of the arkfall having real meaning to a dead etc.. having factions forming inside the servers etc.. could be amasing

Aaricane
01-31-2013, 06:09 PM
there will be PVE only servers for those who dont want PVP and PVP/PVE servers for more advanced or hardcore players

I do not ask for all servers to be openwold PVP but having some could be awesome

Figting real players bandits to get the ressources of the arkfall having real meaning to a dead etc.. having factions forming inside the servers etc.. could be amasingNow this would be alright with me.

Stew360
01-31-2013, 06:12 PM
Now this would be alright with me.

Its like in EVE online you have ( highsec ) PVE only ( Low sec ) PVE PVP ( nullsec ) PVP only the same systhem could be aply to servers

So everyones can find something to their taste , but iam sure the DAYZ like players also the EVE online players who like shooter as well Will definitly run into this game is their is a true Openwold PVE/PVP servers

And the high risk high reward create another dimension for advanced players who want to experience something more chalenging and will also help us to build out own history whithin the game /tvshow

Dead_Phoenix
01-31-2013, 06:15 PM

Figting real players bandits to get the ressources of the arkfall having real meaning to a dead etc.. having factions forming inside the servers etc.. could be amasing

well cant argue with that tbh freedom of choice and all that.

my only concern would be spilting the population. this would make for quieter servers = more frustration = more quitting etc etc etc. not suggesting this to be a huge reason but just a thought

Shane5484
01-31-2013, 06:18 PM
im all for the pvp game modes and would like to see the entire map sat as pvp when doing missions or co-op, I understand lots of people dont like this but couldn't you make it so you had the option. If you opt to only play pve then you cant effect a pvp player and vice vers. Make player name tag red if they are a threat.

Dead_Phoenix
01-31-2013, 06:34 PM
im all for the pvp game modes and would like to see the entire map sat as pvp when doing missions or co-op, I understand lots of people dont like this but couldn't you make it so you had the option. If you opt to only play pve then you cant effect a pvp player and vice vers. Make player name tag red if they are a threat.

the only problem i could see if atm every item, location etc is all balanced for either pve or pvp, if they suddendly made it open world the balancing goes to pot.

atm i saw in a video its 1 armour set for pvp and 1 for pve so no one could gain an unfair advantage. make it open world and you instantly loose the balance

Shane5484
01-31-2013, 06:45 PM
not to sure what you mean but what i would like to see is this big awsome world that Trion built turned into a massive war zone, not just with arks but also with WILLING players, i was under the impression that what they meant when they called it an open world mmotps w/ pvp.
On the other hand word has it up to 96 in shadow war, why not place it directly in the middle of a mission.

Stew360
01-31-2013, 07:24 PM
not to sure what you mean but what i would like to see is this big awsome world that Trion built turned into a massive war zone, not just with arks but also with WILLING players, i was under the impression that what they meant when they called it an open world mmotps w/ pvp.
On the other hand word has it up to 96 in shadow war, why not place it directly in the middle of a mission.

their shadowwar stuff is basically a 16 vs 16 players instance match where they take part from the openwold like a fragments of the openwold to make a maps with randomly selected capture points

This is not whats i was expecting , i was expecting a open wold sandbox experience like freeroam or eve online

basically the shadowwar is Okish but it remain instance with randoms maps selection taken from the openwold area basically whats firefall did with their multiplayers most Mp maps in firefall are basically regions integreated into the open wold but when you play it in multiplayer you have bonderies

i would prefere a openwold PVP ala planetside 2 or much more interesting ala EVE online or RDR freeroam MMO style

ItISLupus
01-31-2013, 07:49 PM
The only way I'd want full, all the time, open world pvp is: if we could opt out of it at will, or:a separate server dedicated to pvp with only several restrictions, mainly targeting starting areas by high ego rating players, hubs(unless a dual was initiated), and around the safe zones you respawn at when you die they talked about on the live streams

Tyren3402
01-31-2013, 07:49 PM
Now this would be alright with me.

Same here. I not against that idea. I just dont want to be the new guy learning the ropes for others that I want to bring into the game, and getting my butt handed to me by some guy camping me. It has happened in WoW (and I know this isn't WoW) but people get behind a controller and all sense of respect goes out the window in my opinion.

ItISLupus
01-31-2013, 07:51 PM
their shadowwar stuff is basically a 16 vs 16 players instance match where they take part from the openwold like a fragments of the openwold to make a maps with randomly selected capture points

This is not whats i was expecting , i was expecting a open wold sandbox experience like freeroam or eve online

basically the shadowwar is Okish but it remain instance with randoms maps selection taken from the openwold area basically whats firefall did with their multiplayers most Mp maps in firefall are basically regions integreated into the open wold but when you play it in multiplayer you have bonderies

i would prefere a openwold PVP ala planetside 2 or much more interesting ala EVE online or RDR freeroam MMO style

I was under the impression they said 96 players for shadow war

Aaricane
01-31-2013, 09:04 PM
I was under the impression they said 96 players for shadow war
Then you have the correct impression. It's way bigger then 16v16 player ShadowWars

Sarcon
01-31-2013, 09:07 PM

unfortunately it looks like they are going the megaserver route with throwing people into shards. so that idea would require the game to be restructured and would be a waste of time/effort. the thing is this late in development your not gonna get any major changes unless if it is a post launch update.

Shane5484
01-31-2013, 09:13 PM
you could also split the map, pvp zones with safe routes of passage.

JustinD92
01-31-2013, 09:35 PM
I like the option of being able to choose. Makes the game effective to a bigger audience. Involves both aspects for PvP'rs and PvE'rs. I on the other hand like both! I'm sure by this choice it will in the end meet everyone's expectations.

Stew360
01-31-2013, 09:59 PM
you could also split the map, pvp zones with safe routes of passage.

their is plently of way to figure out how to make it wrok whiout thats much problem , the highsec lowsec and nullsec sector in EVE online is the best way to do it , it will allow players to grow their own bases camps or regions unders their controles also figthing agains real players for the arkfall ressources is a trilling idea and in PVP openwold in a nullsec sector the reward as to be bigger since the risk will be bigger :D

it will directly ad a way better chalenge whiout having to overbuff the Ai or make them more efficient

There is no way to make Ai better than players i mean in strategies etc..

Warhead
02-01-2013, 08:12 AM
I think they are doing it the right way. There is the open world aspect, shadow war (up to 48 v. 48), PvP (16 v. 16) and the instanced dungeons (4 man). Full pvp is ripe for griefing and would turn off a lot of people. If they get a really big population, maybe they can split off a server. As it stands, I would rather they concentrate on making what they have the best it can be.

Dead_Phoenix
02-01-2013, 08:36 AM
I think they are doing it the right way. There is the open world aspect, shadow war (up to 48 v. 48), PvP (16 v. 16) and the instanced dungeons (4 man). Full pvp is ripe for griefing and would turn off a lot of people. If they get a really big population, maybe they can split off a server. As it stands, I would rather they concentrate on making what they have the best it can be.

this i agree with. they have plenty of pvp large scale and small scale thats as easy to get into as an open world game would be. the only thing you dont have is the ability to gank poor sods.

shadow war should be more then suitable given its huge scale of 96 players, random point capture locations etc.

draco
02-01-2013, 09:11 AM
For me it sounds like there will be open pvp, but I dont know what they mean with a "open world pvp".
http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/602/view/videos/play/2701/PvP-Without-Boundaries.html at 0:40 - 1:00.
And more at 1:17.

DJTrig
02-01-2013, 09:24 AM
Full pvp would scare many away,me included which is why i asked about this on twitch.I have had to many bad experiances on past mmo's where pvp was forced (it just brings out the darkside in people).

Fireswraith
02-01-2013, 12:15 PM
Sorry to say but it's your PvP that will mostly determine how well a game will do. Catering to PvE will only get you into trouble. Shadow War stuff isn't open world PvP, you que up for it. PvP in the form of sign ups hasn't worked since, well hell it's never worked IMO. Star Wars the Old Republic was leagues ahead of Defiance in terms of popularity this close to release. SWTOR made a great PvE game, PvP is pretty much crap..... and look what ended up happening. Nearly half their subscriber base left since release, all but 1 or 2 people who actually created the game are still working for BioWare, and it's largely considered an unsuccessful attempt. Open world PvP is better than qued up PvP, don't go the latter route.

Meeks
02-01-2013, 02:56 PM
Shadow Wars can be up to 96 people playing. Yes you do have to opt in to it but at release when populations are high i would be willing to be on shadow wars running non stop..If you watch the live streams they kept running back to back with no down time..they also state that the pvp modes are random in the shadow war from capture and hold to death match so there is variety in what they do and where in the zone they are located. There will also be instanced pvp in set maps. The whole premise of shadow wars is based on smaller scale fights between factions which may not work with the story in a large scale

snippax
02-01-2013, 03:06 PM
Full pvp would scare many away,me included which is why i asked about this on twitch.I have had to many bad experiances on past mmo's where pvp was forced (it just brings out the darkside in people).

Exactly. Forced PvP is what drives me away from games not pulls me to them. I absolutely agree that it brings out the worst in a large number of people and it makes the whole experience unpleasant if I'm just expecting to be shot in the back every five minutes while trying to complete a mission or just get from point A to point B. I think that they're doing this instanced PvP the right way for this sort of game.

Dead_Phoenix
02-01-2013, 03:14 PM
Exactly. Forced PvP is what drives me away from games not pulls me to them. I absolutely agree that it brings out the worst in a large number of people and it makes the whole experience unpleasant if I'm just expecting to be shot in the back every five minutes while trying to complete a mission or just get from point A to point B. I think that they're doing this instanced PvP the right way for this sort of game.

from what iv seen on the live streams etc. i think they have hit the nail on the head, you get your arena based pvp, you get to pve in peace, and you get pretty open world pvp interms that shadow war is a game you can see being played out and think i want to join that a couple of clicks and your in, no mess no fuss.

pur open world only cause a never ring of being t**t.

Phaius
02-01-2013, 10:15 PM
Sorry, but Open World PvP only appeals to those who enjoy it, and have the time to hone their skills. To get a broad range of people into the game, OWPvP is a terrible idea. You want PvP? You have your shadow wars. Forcing people into it isn't fair and it isn't fun, and it doesn't inspire community or teach people to play better. It also ruins the cooperative aspect of this game. PvP at an Arkfall for instance? Sure! If you don't mind the entire thing failing every time because of zerg crews or everyone PvPing to kill other players while the arkfall counts down to failure.

Sarcon
02-01-2013, 10:26 PM
Sorry to say but it's your PvP that will mostly determine how well a game will do. Catering to PvE will only get you into trouble. Shadow War stuff isn't open world PvP, you que up for it. PvP in the form of sign ups hasn't worked since, well hell it's never worked IMO. Star Wars the Old Republic was leagues ahead of Defiance in terms of popularity this close to release. SWTOR made a great PvE game, PvP is pretty much crap..... and look what ended up happening. Nearly half their subscriber base left since release, all but 1 or 2 people who actually created the game are still working for BioWare, and it's largely considered an unsuccessful attempt. Open world PvP is better than qued up PvP, don't go the latter route.

yes you queue up for shadow wars but you remain within the open world where everyone else is playing (think of it like 48 group vs 48 group war), its very likely that PVE people will stumble upon a shadow wars fight and can spectate.

Stew360
02-02-2013, 02:12 AM
Sorry, but Open World PvP only appeals to those who enjoy it, and have the time to hone their skills. To get a broad range of people into the game, OWPvP is a terrible idea. You want PvP? You have your shadow wars. Forcing people into it isn't fair and it isn't fun, and it doesn't inspire community or teach people to play better. It also ruins the cooperative aspect of this game. PvP at an Arkfall for instance? Sure! If you don't mind the entire thing failing every time because of zerg crews or everyone PvPing to kill other players while the arkfall counts down to failure.

No ones as ever forced you , if their is PVP/PVE servers their will be PVE servers only as well , No ones force you at anything , you dont like it you dont play it you stay in your safe PVE only servers

Its like having game with friendly fire on and friendly fire off some prefer on some prefer Off no ones ask to force you at anything you choose whats you like

SO why are you forcing me in openwold PVE only ? WHY ARE YOU FORCING ME IN OPEN WOLD PVE ONLY ? WHY YOU HAVE THE RIGTH TO DO IT ? When i offer you a choice ?

So remember thats letting us having it dont force you by any mean to choose those servers

Inquisitioner
02-02-2013, 02:26 AM
I despise pvp in all MMO's myself. While the red dead freeroam was fun, it's pvp aspect was terrible. While doing some challenge or so, you could just get randomly killed by someone whom wants to grief. It was basically an death match game with whole red dead world as the map. Therefore, I just made private free roams and played with friends.

I find it truly hypocritical to state "It is unfair to force me to PVE only but fair for me to force you to PVP" In other words, I think the most optimal choice regardless, is to have a PVP server and PVE or if on same server, allow everyone a choice of entering PVP and leaving it.

It seems far more ridiculous to force someone into PVP rather than force them into PVE. Since in one players will be killed all the time if at an disadvantage, while in the latter everyone will be alive and playing.

Fiancee
02-02-2013, 03:01 AM
Well, Darkfall is my open world PVP game, it can be so fun if game is designed to be one. Yeah, maybe its better that kind of games are own type of games. On top of that Darkfall has even full loot, it just adds the excitement.

Kiss
02-02-2013, 03:24 AM
Im here becouse the game have an world PVE, just saying.

Dead_Phoenix
02-02-2013, 03:41 AM
No ones as ever forced you , if their is PVP/PVE servers their will be PVE servers only as well , No ones force you at anything , you dont like it you dont play it you stay in your safe PVE only servers

Its like having game with friendly fire on and friendly fire off some prefer on some prefer Off no ones ask to force you at anything you choose whats you like

SO why are you forcing me in openwold PVE only ? WHY ARE YOU FORCING ME IN OPEN WOLD PVE ONLY ? WHY YOU HAVE THE RIGTH TO DO IT ? When i offer you a choice ?

So remember thats letting us having it dont force you by any mean to choose those servers

i agree people should always have a choice, however it will only spilt the population, and be completly against the whole ethos of the defiance world.

besides it will never happen. they have made a completly different armour set etc to keep pvp balanced as well as other balancing effects, if they just opened up shadow war people will run around in pve gear. which is always a proven disaster, nearly every game that features seperate pvp like features have always used seperate pvp armour.

Shoyuchicken
02-02-2013, 05:07 AM
I think the main reason for no open world, free-for-all PvP is because it introduces social elements that are counter-productive to the PvE aspects of the game. You're rarely gonna have guilds fighting over Arkfalls. More than likely you'll just have a few bored jackholes rolling up on Arkfalls and killing the players just to screw them over.

It's one of the reasons that people stopped fighting world bosses in WoW o PvP servers. I would be pissed if I spent and hour or two rounding up my guildies just to have 4 or 5 jerks come and screw things up for us. (I don't know how the shadow war thing works, but I'm assuming it's elective.)

Just my take on it...

JustinD92
02-02-2013, 05:25 AM
Its PvE and PvP and everything else combined because that's the way the cookie crumbles my friend. The motion of the ocean.