PDA

View Full Version : Is Kiwi gonna disappear, and, how long until new "when is new land coming"

AceRimmer
06-29-2014, 04:06 PM
After reading that excellent link stating the highlights of the Defiance devs talk, about timer for WM, Sillicon Valley land area etc, I noticed this one part "They are creating a new program, called The Fan Project (or Event) program, to help support player created in-game events. Community Manager, Kiwibird, will run this. More details to follow. " I can imagine that is gonna be quite a large workload, so will Kiwibird be available less and less?

And, at 1 time or another, we've all thought or asked, "when are we getting a new land expansion".
Now we know it's roughly mid season, it doesn't seem that far away :)

Place your bets though, how long AFTER it's been released, do you reckon players, esp those new to the game, will ask "when is the next land expansion coming"- my guess is 2 months after people have gotten completely used to it, and completed most, if not all new content.

rebtattoo
06-29-2014, 04:08 PM
After reading that excellent link stating the highlights of the Defiance devs talk, about timer for WM, Sillicon Valley land area etc, I noticed this one part "They are creating a new program, called The Fan Project (or Event) program, to help support player created in-game events. Community Manager, Kiwibird, will run this. More details to follow. " I can imagine that is gonna be quite a large workload, so will Kiwibird be available less and less?

And, at 1 time or another, we've all thought or asked, "when are we getting a new land expansion".
Now we know it's roughly mid season, it doesn't seem that far away :)

Place your bets though, how long AFTER it's been released, do you reckon players, esp those new to the game, will ask "when is the next land expansion coming"- my guess is 2 months after people have gotten completely used to it, and completed most, if not all new content.Less.

The new land mass is the size of Marin. I give it less than a month when ppl start asking for more.

Tigercml
06-29-2014, 04:25 PM
Didn't they say in the new livestream that the new land mass would come about half way through season 2 of the show.

Griffix8
06-29-2014, 04:28 PM
Didn't they say in the new livestream that the new land mass would come about half way through season 2 of the show.
They said about half way through Season 2, yes.

AceRimmer
06-29-2014, 04:37 PM

I've already stated that, i'm asking how long AFTER the new landmass comes out, will it be before people ask for another new land expansion.

Alastar
06-29-2014, 04:45 PM
I'd say another year at least XD

Holy Bahamut3
06-29-2014, 04:45 PM
To answer your original question, I believe Kiwi will be as available as ever. She will just be keeping a closer eye on the "special" events advertised in the forums and stickying them under a new forum tag. That is my assumption.

Tigercml
06-29-2014, 04:46 PM
I've already stated that, i'm asking how long AFTER the new landmass comes out, will it be before people ask for another new land expansion.

Sorry, was listening to music while reading so I must have missed it the first time. Listening to music, singing, and trying to read something at the same time isn't easy lol :D

Blu
06-29-2014, 05:01 PM
2 weeks b4 they ask for more mass ..

if that long, ppl get bored with stuff to fast nowadays, guess to many options and flavors in life for most,,