PDA

View Full Version : New Theory On The Volge

Chocolatelover67
06-30-2014, 06:41 AM
It just occurred to me while watching Men In Black......

What if the Volge are in fact tiny little aliens living inside their organic armour?

Sh*t scared of the whole universe and that's why they are hostile.. But if you remove the armour they are just teeny tiny aliens like the guy in the robot suit in the first Men In Black....

K1llZ0nE83
06-30-2014, 06:48 AM
Interesting but I dont think that would make them hostile. More skiddish to larger races. I think they are just what they are. Large, technologicly advanced aliens that are based on a warring society. Thats why the votanis collective ran from them in the manny many arks that circle the earth.

Chocolatelover67
06-30-2014, 07:05 AM
Interesting but I dont think that would make them hostile. More skiddish to larger races. I think they are just what they are. Large, technologicly advanced aliens that are based on a warring society. Thats why the votanis collective ran from them in the manny many arks that circle the earth.

Yeah but a few Votans were brave enough to talk them into sneaking onto an Ark

Mushbeeguy
06-30-2014, 07:24 AM
Your idea has some merit. Aren't Volge considered 'vehicles' ? There are certain perks that effect them as vehicles.

lukeskyw
06-30-2014, 08:02 AM
It just occurred to me while watching Men In Black......

What if the Volge are in fact tiny little aliens living inside their organic armour?

Sh*t scared of the whole universe and that's why they are hostile.. But if you remove the armour they are just teeny tiny aliens like the guy in the robot suit in the first Men In Black....

Or like the daleks in the whoverse

For what we know, the volges are clones soldiers so we can extrapolate that they dont really have a social life or individuality and they dont grow natturaly, there are just infinite clones with basic directives and their only goals are mayhem and conquering planets.
At the same time they have a hierarchy and the visera are clearly more evoled and if you remember in the first episode of the serie, one visera talk at the first person and command one of the artillery to shoot the scafold (as if the artillery was also a living soldier or included a voice commanded AI)

So its really unclear what the volge are at the core and what their reals purposes are. Also where are these clonning facilities ?

Could a CM move this thread to the lore section ?

Chocolatelover67
06-30-2014, 08:25 AM
Your idea has some merit. Aren't Volge considered 'vehicles' ? There are certain perks that effect them as vehicles.

Where are they referred to as vehicles?

Imaru
06-30-2014, 08:28 AM
Looking at the volge like you would look at the darleks from doctor who makes sence. and ad far as them being labled as vehicles is there any merrit to that?

Mushbeeguy
06-30-2014, 09:17 AM
I'm trying to track something down in writing. I am not having any luck yet. Wrecking Ball is the perk I was thinking about, I need to find where I read that it was useful on Volge.
Here's what I have found:
From Geeknation
A race of automatons, disliked by all of the other Votan races, and the closest thing to a straightforward “villain” race. They stand over eight feet tall, are covered in dense armor, and possess integrated internal weapons. They come from a different planet in the Votanis system, Omec, and during the evacuation were intended to be left behind by the other races. No one knows who smuggled the Volge onto the Arks, or why, and their reappearance during the Pale Wars was a surprise to the other Votans. After the Pale Wars ended they retreated to underground caverns, and continue to be hostile to humans and other Votans alike.

It's not what I had read ..somewhere in a article ( I'm thinking youtube) on loadouts Wrecking Ball was one pointed out for Warmaster and Volge. I just haven't found the right video. So do what ever you will.

Chocolatelover67
06-30-2014, 11:16 PM
I'm trying to track something down in writing. I am not having any luck yet. Wrecking Ball is the perk I was thinking about, I need to find where I read that it was useful on Volge.
Here's what I have found:
From Geeknation
A race of automatons, disliked by all of the other Votan races, and the closest thing to a straightforward “villain” race. They stand over eight feet tall, are covered in dense armor, and possess integrated internal weapons. They come from a different planet in the Votanis system, Omec, and during the evacuation were intended to be left behind by the other races. No one knows who smuggled the Volge onto the Arks, or why, and their reappearance during the Pale Wars was a surprise to the other Votans. After the Pale Wars ended they retreated to underground caverns, and continue to be hostile to humans and other Votans alike.

It's not what I had read ..somewhere in a article ( I'm thinking youtube) on loadouts Wrecking Ball was one pointed out for Warmaster and Volge. I just haven't found the right video. So do what ever you will.

Automatons implies they are nothing more then robots with no free will...... Yet there's a Volge in Defiance on the main street. it was in a picture on another thread about the hulker seen in the main street.

Escyos
07-01-2014, 04:36 AM
Automatons implies they are nothing more then robots with no free will...... Yet there's a Volge in Defiance on the main street. it was in a picture on another thread about the hulker seen in the main street.

Automatons comes from VERY early stuff based solely on their appearance. They aren't robots. They are flesh and blood but secrete a material from their skin that forms into an armor. And we can see their mouth and teeth when they scream so their not small.

Also there was no Volge in Defiance, you are thinking of AngelArc, and I checked it out, its not a Volge its some sort of robot suit (like in Alien 2 or Avatar).