PDA

View Full Version : Ps3 servers are so bad it seems like they're hosted in someones basement.

OrpheusXI
07-01-2014, 09:06 PM
Or is it like this for everyone? I've been around since day one and I just can't get over how bad the servers are. I play this game pretty much everyday and everyday I go through the same thing. Here's everything I experience:

D/c in the middle of arkfall.
D/c while looking at my items.
D/c when I buy an epic mod box ( not all the time )
D/c when I try to go in WM, I haven't been able to get in to a WM but 1 for at least 2 months now, I stop trying.
D/c when I died in WM that one time lol.
Other random d/cs but these are the most.
Endless loading screens
Not being able to get back in game after getting d/c unless i hold the PS button down and quit to main screen. Which also sometimes f*cks my system up and I gotta get up and press the button or the PS beeps a couple times and restarts. - This **** only happens on Defiance none of my other games, it did used to happen on Madden 13 a long time ago but EA fixed it. That bug should get people fired or hit in the face, seems like that can mess up peoples consoles.

Usually I don't post crap like this but was just playing and it just froze up my system during the loading screen, again. -_-

Other people do get this on ps3 right? idk about pc or 360?

nathanpbutler
07-01-2014, 09:17 PM
I play on PS3, and while I've gotten d/c issues frequently in the past (usually when entering a WM instance or after a long while playing), I've not had nearly the kind of d/c problems that others claim is the norm for PS3 NA. I think I've gotten disconnected less than ten times in the last two or three months, and almost all of them were in that really bad period of disconnects for all platforms. (And, yes, this was while bouncing between sieges, arkfalls, sieges, etc.)

Either I'm extremely lucky, or others are exaggerating the problems on PS3, or there's something different in my connection and others that must be making all the difference.

As for locking-up issues, I've had that happen from time to time, though much less lately than when the game first launched. Usually it is either an unending loading screen or when exiting out of the game entirely.

OrpheusXI
07-01-2014, 09:22 PM
I wouldn't actually mind if my D/cs were that low, I'm def not exaggerating. I've only played for a few hours today and was kicked at least 3 times and then it froze. it doesn't freeze very often but I get at least 5 d/cs a day, at the very least. A lot of times when I try to relog it wont i have do it multiple times, hard quit or just wait like a little longer than 5mins. I would d/c more if i didnt just get mad and just stop playing.

I use the download version from the PSN store if that matters but I have re downloaded to try and fix it. =/

nathanpbutler
07-01-2014, 09:32 PM
I use the disc version, though I don't know if that matters.

If it helps, I used speedtest.net to run a quick test on my connection:
Ping: 34 ms
Download Speed: 22.58 Mbps
Upload Speed: 1.82 Mbps
Provider: AT&T Uverse, wireless connection to PS3

OrpheusXI
07-01-2014, 09:39 PM
Ping: 30 ms
Download Speed: 43.76 Mbps
Upload Speed: 5.73 Mbps
Time Warner Cable

is mine so must not be that.

drackiller
07-02-2014, 12:37 AM
It is a server problem, not a PS3 or personal connections problems.

PS3 is really , really bad in terms of stability.

N3gativeCr33p
07-02-2014, 07:08 AM
Either I'm extremely lucky, or others are exaggerating the problems on PS3, or there's something different in my connection and others that must be making all the difference.

You're extremely lucky. You must have one some kind of a unicorn model PS3.

(And this thread makes me glad I don't have to waste time playing my PS3 anymore.)

dramaQkarri
07-02-2014, 07:14 AM
You're extremely lucky. You must have one some kind of a unicorn model PS3.

(And this thread makes me glad I don't have to waste time playing my PS3 anymore.)

But from what I'm seeing lately, XBOX is actually now performing worse then PS3. All kinds of crazy problems! In one sense it might be progress that the kinds of issues PS3 has had from the start has spread over into XBOX & PC. More likely it betrays a general atmosphere of incompetence within The Company.

OP: Yes PS3 stability is horrible. A couple of hard freezes a day on average for me, and you never know when those might happen. Can they fix it? I doubt it! If they haven't fixed it in a year then I don't see how it could suddenly be fixed now.

N3gativeCr33p
07-02-2014, 07:29 AM
But from what I'm seeing lately, XBOX is actually now performing worse then PS3. All kinds of crazy problems! In one sense it might be progress that the kinds of issues PS3 has had from the start has spread over into XBOX & PC. More likely it betrays a general atmosphere of incompetence within The Company.

... but in the Xbox 360's defense, this is the only game that I have seen which runs like hot garbage. Ever since one of the more recent patches, at any rate.

dramaQkarri
07-02-2014, 07:32 AM
... but in the Xbox 360's defense, this is the only game that I have seen which runs like hot garbage. Ever since one of the more recent patches, at any rate.

But in the PS3's defense...all my other games including GTA Online perform just fine.

Verdict: DEFIANCE IS THE ISSUE and now, like the revenant, it's tentacles are spreading out to infect all systems.

YahootsMagoondi
07-02-2014, 08:23 AM
don't worry, xbox is catching up. i've never had problems like i've had over the last week or two. random d/c from inv and vendors, feeezing during all major events (inc, siege, arkfall, wm, coop)...

if this is what it has been like for ps3 since launch, i honestly don't see how any of you have kept your sanity.

defiance is the only game i play, but my kids play plenty of online games and defiance is the only one has problems. i know it is an mmo and as such there is more info and therefore more chances for this type of problem, but i'm getting closer and closer to hanging up my arkhunting gear and getting a new hobby...

dramaQkarri
07-02-2014, 08:40 AM
We're all insane in PS3 land.

And now we're getting the **crickets** **crickets** **crickets** treatment from The Company. If history is a good indicator, we'll be stuck without any fixes over the long weekend. I really hope they prove me wrong.

N3gativeCr33p
07-02-2014, 08:43 AM
But in the PS3's defense...all my other games including GTA Online perform just fine.

Yeah, try playing DC Universe Online on your PS3 and let me know how well that goes. GTA Online is one of the few exceptions to the PS3 performance rule.

Pro-tip: It won't end well. ;)

Mia Faith
07-02-2014, 08:44 AM
Happened to me twice yesterday. so i played another game

dramaQkarri
07-02-2014, 08:49 AM
Yeah, try playing DC Universe Online on your PS3 and let me know how well that goes. GTA Online is one of the few exceptions to the PS3 performance rule.

I don't want to play DC Universe.

N3gativeCr33p
07-02-2014, 08:51 AM
I don't want to play DC Universe.

Sigh, then you'll miss out on all of its rampant PS3 stability issues. Your loss. ;)

Did I mention that it went F2P a while back? lol

dramaQkarri
07-02-2014, 08:57 AM
Sigh, then you'll miss out on all of its rampant PS3 stability issues. Your loss. ;)

Did I mention that it went F2P a while back? lol

But I don't want to play DC Universe.

Now go fix the server in your basement please. XD

rebtattoo
07-02-2014, 09:20 AM
It won't get fixed.

They'll claim they're working on it. They'll continue putting out patch after patch that do absolutely ****in' nothing to address the issue but **** up a few others in the process.

They'll continue to blame the claims, when obviously that has been proven wrong. They'll say they can't really nail it down in one breathe and then defend all the light effects from weapons and all the drops laying on the ground in the next.

The bottom line is; They can't fix it.

Whether it's because of lack of resources, lack of knowledge, lack of proper leadership from Mr. *******, lack of care from The Company. Or all of the above. They cannot fix it.

I find myself playing less and less because of this issue and the slew of others that we have brought up in the past. Most of which are conveniently forgotten about or simply not worthy of our precious Mr. ******** attention.

Either way, I play less and netflix gets the time I used to spend in game.

N3gativeCr33p
07-02-2014, 09:23 AM
Now go fix the server in your basement please. XD

Now if only I had an actual basement at my house... I would have my Mortal Kombat I & II arcade cabinet hooked up down there, that's for sure!

And FWIW... I feel the pain of being a PS3 player. Trust me, I do! :)

Tigercml
07-02-2014, 01:46 PM
Best advice I can give is quit to the PS3 XMB once you notice things are taking forever to load. Pay attention to how quickly everything is loading around you. If you notice buildings, fences and enemies are taking longer to appear than normal that means a disconnect is imminent. Just quit out of the game completely back to the PS3 XMB and restart the game.

You can also just quit to the XMB every hour just to be safe. It's annoying but it's the best thing to do. I did this a lot while doing tie in missions. I didn't want to get disconnected mid cut scene so I would do a mission or 2 then just quit to the PS3 XMB. Then go back, do a mission or 2 and quit back to the XMB. It's annoying but there's not much else to do.

Doing these things will reduce the chance of the PS3 locking up too.

OrpheusXI
07-02-2014, 02:15 PM

Verdict: DEFIANCE IS THE ISSUE and now, like the revenant, it's tentacles are spreading out to infect all systems.

This.

I play Realm Reborn, Call of Duty, DC Universe, Madden 25, Starhawk and many more on PS3 and never have problems, ever. No lag, dc, ect. PS3 is not as bad as people claim.

OrpheusXI
07-02-2014, 02:17 PM

I have no idea what you're talking about. I was played DC Universe hardcore not long ago and had ZERO bad experience.

Olaf
07-02-2014, 06:07 PM
It won't get fixed.

They'll claim they're working on it. They'll continue putting out patch after patch that do absolutely ****in' nothing to address the issue but **** up a few others in the process.

They'll continue to blame the claims, when obviously that has been proven wrong. They'll say they can't really nail it down in one breathe and then defend all the light effects from weapons and all the drops laying on the ground in the next.

The bottom line is; They can't fix it.

Whether it's because of lack of resources, lack of knowledge, lack of proper leadership from Mr. *******, lack of care from The Company. Or all of the above. They cannot fix it.

I find myself playing less and less because of this issue and the slew of others that we have brought up in the past. Most of which are conveniently forgotten about or simply not worthy of our precious Mr. ******** attention.

Either way, I play less and netflix gets the time I used to spend in game.

Very true reb, i havent played once in 2 weeks now.. So frikkin tired of the crappy servers, trion NEVER acknowledge the crap we have been threw on ps3 since launch nor even mention that they are looking into it, just get ignored. Over a year now, i have just about given up in regards to ever being able to play for an hour on ps3 without a disconnect.

Best advice I can give is quit to the PS3 XMB once you notice things are taking forever to load. Pay attention to how quickly everything is loading around you. If you notice buildings, fences and enemies are taking longer to appear than normal that means a disconnect is imminent. Just quit out of the game completely back to the PS3 XMB and restart the game.

You can also just quit to the XMB every hour just to be safe. It's annoying but it's the best thing to do. I did this a lot while doing tie in missions. I didn't want to get disconnected mid cut scene so I would do a mission or 2 then just quit to the PS3 XMB. Then go back, do a mission or 2 and quit back to the XMB. It's annoying but there's not much else to do.

Doing these things will reduce the chance of the PS3 locking up too.

Yeah this helps but cant be fracked anymore having to quit the game every 25 minutes then reloading it and relogging in just todo the same thing. Have done this now for a year, wont do it anymore.. Enoughs enough, hopefully f2p is a huge failure on ps3 which forces them to pull their fingers out their u kno wat...

drackiller
07-02-2014, 11:29 PM
Well in August i have the sequel of one of the games that i most liked, Sacred3. It will help killing time to the other game that we can`t say the name and i already pre-ordered for my PS4.

Grimace
07-03-2014, 12:29 AM
Does defiance make anyone else's ps3 DNS?

i've only ever received this issue from defiance, after thinking it was my network time and time again, i'm certain that it's caused by the game,

also every WM i get into freezs with about 1 minute left and I dc, would rather not even be able to get into them then dc everytime once i'm in :-/

TTOWNZ DIRTIEST
07-03-2014, 12:32 AM
past few days xbox na has been bad tooo..I mean baddddd

Mia Faith
07-03-2014, 05:35 AM
This only happens to me with this game.

N3gativeCr33p
07-03-2014, 05:40 AM
I have no idea what you're talking about. I was played DC Universe hardcore not long ago and had ZERO bad experience.

"Not long ago"... there's the obvious difference... and still, at the end of the day, it still runs like crap compared to its PS4 version. While it's better now than it was a year after its launch on the PS3, it's still pretty horrid.

Loving all of the urban myths in this thread... if only some those were actual PS3 cure alls. :rolleyes:

dramaQkarri
07-03-2014, 08:10 AM
"Not long ago"... there's the obvious difference... and still, at the end of the day, it still runs like crap compared to its PS4 version. While it's better now than it was a year after its launch on the PS3, it's still pretty horrid.

Loving all of the urban myths in this thread... if only some those were actual PS3 cure alls. :rolleyes:

Stop that amigo before I call you an elitist *ahem* and meet me in GTA Online PS3 this weekend - special event! And FINALLY we can ride the rides at the pier. I'll be on the rollercoaster tomorrow until I barf!

N3gativeCr33p
07-03-2014, 09:06 AM
Stop that amigo before I call you an elitist *ahem* and meet me in GTA Online PS3 this weekend - special event! And FINALLY we can ride the rides at the pier. I'll be on the rollercoaster tomorrow until I barf!

Oh, I'll be on my PS3 for lots of GTA Online hilarity this weekend... I need to buy some of the 4th of July SWAG that R* released earlier this week. That is, if I can bring myself to unplug my PS4 and stop playing inFamous: Second Son for a few hours.

LMAO... "elitist"... I am anything BUT "elitist", my friend. ;)

dramaQkarri
07-03-2014, 09:27 AM
Oh, I'll be on my PS3 for lots of GTA Online hilarity this weekend... I need to buy some of the 4th of July SWAG that R* released earlier this week. That is, if I can bring myself to unplug my PS4 and stop playing inFamous: Second Son for a few hours.

LMAO... "elitist"... I am anything BUT "elitist", my friend. ;)

Exactly....you were starting to sound like one for a second there. Had to make sure you were not drinking the koolaid.

and YES SWAG! I have like 5 million to spend, room for 3 cars in my 2nd garage. must decide....

oops, sorry for the derail :o