PDA

View Full Version : About upgrade rating/rarity.

hawke
07-03-2014, 03:52 AM
So I have a couple questions.
First, does increase rating of the item give the same bonus to dmg/shield capacity per 100 ego?
Second, does the increase based off the base dmg/capacity of your weapon? Like if a shield has 10k capacity, does the increase base on a % of 10k? Or is it a set amount per level?
Lastly, does the amount of dmg/shield increase affected by rarity? For example, at ego 1000, upgrade a green shield to 1100 ego gives 100 more shield. If the shield is orange, will it gives like 105 per 100 ego? Or will it still be 100?

Critical Errors
07-03-2014, 04:19 AM
Damage uses a curved ratio. So a gun at level 100 will not see as big of a difference as a gun at level 5000. This is also true with shields. An ego 1100 may have an 100 point increase in cap, but a 5100 could have 200 increase. They don't use a linear scale, so it's not easy to determine what the increase will actually be.

Shield capacity does not change with rarity. Armor plates do however increase. Rarity of weapons does show a higher damage number, but the increase is the same. You just get a damage buff for the rarity.

rydda
07-03-2014, 04:28 AM
When you upgrade from 5500 ego an up you start getting less dmg/shield cap it will not be 100 it will be alot less I mean alot not even worth it to upgrade.

konstantinov
07-03-2014, 05:08 AM
When you upgrade from 5500 ego an up you start getting less dmg/shield cap it will not be 100 it will be alot less I mean alot not even worth it to upgrade.

Ya it's like 10-12 dmg/shield capacity

Chevota
07-03-2014, 06:40 AM
There is a Graph floating around, buried in the forums that shows the Upgrading progression. Although it is made specifically for 1 weapon, I believe all guns and shield follow that graph.

IF, you do find it, the 4500-5000 range is a little out of date. They have upgraded that curve a bit to be more on par with the curve of 5000-5500.

soria
07-03-2014, 07:06 AM
you can review all upgrades in the matrix before committing.suggest you put in different weapons and shields to get a grasp of how it works

Critical Errors
07-03-2014, 07:12 AM
you can review all upgrades in the matrix before committing.suggest you put in different weapons and shields to get a grasp of how it works

Unless they've finally patched that, the matrix won't show the correct numbers. Hopefully I missed that in the patch notes somewhere though!

dramaQkarri
07-03-2014, 08:01 AM
There is a Graph floating around, buried in the forums that shows the Upgrading progression. Although it is made specifically for 1 weapon, I believe all guns and shield follow that graph.

IF, you do find it, the 4500-5000 range is a little out of date. They have upgraded that curve a bit to be more on par with the curve of 5000-5500.

(If you click on my name, go to View Forum Posts, go to Page 5... 4th thread down "Upgrading Weapon Specific Stats"... The 25th post in that thread shows the Graph.)

Im using 360 IE to navigate, so i cant copy/paste. Someone may be kind enough to just link, or copy/pate the Graph.

THANK YOU! I've been looking for that chart. Here's the link for now, since I'm at work on sub-par computer with YECH IE browser, I don't know if pasting the chart will work or not but that will be next post here. I know that chart is also on Etaew's website too someplace - www.defiancedata.com

Anyway, here - go to post #25:

http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?156422-Weapon-Upgrading-Specific-Stats.&p=1472423#post1472423

dramaQkarri
07-03-2014, 08:02 AM

here's the chart...as I suspected it's mini-sized...

oh well

Xaat Xuun
07-03-2014, 08:59 AM
THANK YOU! I've been looking for that chart. Here's the link for now, since I'm at work on sub-par computer with YECH IE browser, I don't know if pasting the chart will work or not but that will be next post here. I know that chart is also on Etaew's website too someplace - www.defiancedata.com

Anyway, here - go to post #25:

http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?156422-Weapon-Upgrading-Specific-Stats.&p=1472423#post1472423

you beat me to link that thread .. I have that one subscription, so it's easier for me to find and up date the weapon I am keeping track of

hawke
07-03-2014, 10:46 AM
So I have 1 more question.
Does the shield/damage increase scale based on the base shield/damage of an item? Or is it a set amount for a specific ego range?
For example, I have 1 different ironclad, both at 1k ego. One has 1100 shield and the other has 1000. If I upgrade it, does the amount increase the same for both shield? Or will the 1100 capacity one get better increase rate?

Chevota
07-03-2014, 11:05 AM
Depends on what it has...

Nanos affect weapon increases. Id suspect a Rad FRC AC will increase more per upgrade than a syphon version, since the base DMGs are different... Although... I dont know if the Nano DMG increase/reduction is part of the "Base DMG"... Basically, idk if Nanos have a secret "-x%" due to Nano-type.

and i have NO idea if its the same way on shields. Different types should have diff numbers, meaning: A Respark wont increase as much as an Ironclad... Id assume different sub-types are different upgrade stats... Meaning a Respark Regen may not go up as much as a Respark Brawler... or if a plain Respark has the highest increase... Im not even going to think about differences in Respark Regen with Rad resist, vs Respark Regen with Electric Resist.

Also, every little EGO rating adds up. I had a Respark Regen 20 lvls lower than my EGO, I then got the same exact shield dropped at my exactly EGO... 20 EGO Rating added 6 Capacity. Not much i know, but every little bit counts towards the total.

Chevota
07-03-2014, 11:11 AM
Unless they've finally patched that, the matrix won't show the correct numbers. Hopefully I missed that in the patch notes somewhere though!

No, you havent. it is unfortunate... You also still cant see what Mod on the gun is what Synergy. I thought awhile ago someone said they fixed that. Nope. Know what mods are on your guns.