PDA

View Full Version : Crap Ui/Chat system

RavnStrike
04-03-2013, 10:47 AM
ok i really love the game itself but i play on the PC and the UI you offer looks like something you would see on the console ...this needs to be badly addressed..

and secondly the chat system is seriously in bad shape ... ya have no option to /whisper /tell people or friends in game you have to hit the X key and cycle through a menu and pray that it actually works that just allows you to go to area chat group chat team chat and clan chat .. this again is something you would see on a console ..

WERE IS THE PC UI AND CHAT SYSTEM!!!!

other then that the game is bad ***

Charlie Sheen
04-05-2013, 01:36 AM
ok i really love the game itself but i play on the PC and the UI you offer looks like something you would see on the console ...this needs to be badly addressed..

and secondly the chat system is seriously in bad shape ... ya have no option to /whisper /tell people or friends in game you have to hit the X key and cycle through a menu and pray that it actually works that just allows you to go to area chat group chat team chat and clan chat .. this again is something you would see on a console ..

WERE IS THE PC UI AND CHAT SYSTEM!!!!

other then that the game is bad ***

/agreed The game is absolutely AMAZING and breathtaking. Please make the Chat and Clan system like Rifts.

HansKisaragi
04-05-2013, 01:38 AM
I have no problem with the ui design.. but the chat system is a bit finniky.. need option to make it always active so it does not fade away.

UI editing would be nice

Freyar
04-05-2013, 01:41 AM
The UI's terrible, we know.. and we've had many conversations about it.

Yonpachi
04-05-2013, 01:44 AM
UI is bad, Chat is bad.
Screw UI, I just want a better chat system. I no global chat, can't whisper, dead chat, sometimes it seems buggy and wont send on clan chat. None responding to me even though there's dozen of us around me.

I also mostly didn't realize that someone were chatting to me because the frick message like to go disappear somewhere.

God Please Fix The Chat! http://hfimage.net/images/050no704sb0mqycl7ie6.png

Jeronan
04-05-2013, 01:48 AM
The chat system should really be highest priority right now.

As all players you see ingame right now can just as well be mobs, as you have currently more interaction With mission NPC's then With other players.

I am just baffled as how they could have botched this up so bad.... as they have a perfectly working chat system in RIFT!

HansKisaragi
04-05-2013, 01:52 AM
In all seriousnes.. The UI is not as bad as you all make it to be.

Lagoz
04-05-2013, 01:53 AM
In all honesty the UI does come off as total crap.
But once you get used to it, it's not that bad.

HansKisaragi
04-05-2013, 01:56 AM
MMOs have pretty much had the same UI for a decade now.. I welcome something new.

I appriciate what trion is doing.. but there needs to be a UI edit tool.

Jeronan
04-05-2013, 02:01 AM
MMOs have pretty much had the same UI for a decade now.. I welcome something new.

The UI in Defiance is a Clear gamepad optimized UI, With zero thought for mouse/keyboard users.

When a PC user has no gamepad Connected / not enabled in settings... then pressing ESC should bring up a System menu to enter settings, log off from game, exit game, etc.

Having to press ESC, then having to hold the Spacebar to be able to Select Logout / Exit game is cumbersome at best.

The rest of the UI is not that bad really.

And the Chat system.... well I already covered that in my previous post.

HansKisaragi
04-05-2013, 02:11 AM
you dont have to press esc and hold space bar. use the F1-10 keys.

there are shortcuts for everything

Freyar
04-05-2013, 02:44 AM

I'd much rather have a UI like EvE Online than one that slows me down every time I try to manage inventory because of the sheer number of clicks, enter key presses, and "Are you sure?!" prompts.

Imposter
04-29-2013, 08:24 AM
Another players .02 cents here. I could type a book about just the UI alone, but I really dont have time to waste on doing so. Its been mentioned several times in this, and many other threads, to make the UI able to be edited by users. It really isnt that difficult to have floating objects on the screen that can be moved, closed, enhanced, etc.. For those of you that say it isnt that bad, you obviously havent died trying to scrap items or just check your inventory. Having to find an actual town or vendor area to run into when I want to scrap items or simply check my inventory is obsurd. These options take up the full window and the player can see nothing while having it opened. Give me an option to resize windows and text. Id love the option to remove and add things to my UI as well. At the very least, allow me to download a 3rd party program that will do the work for you. Other than the UI this game is great. This is only 1 negative in a ton of positives. Please dont take this constructive criticism the wrong way.

Remag Div
04-29-2013, 08:31 AM
Why do people keep saying there's no /tell or /whisper system?

It's "/tell <name> <message>"

It works because I used it to talk to someone yesterday.