PDA

View Full Version : All Skills?

Sines
07-04-2014, 09:38 AM
Shocked I can't find an answer to this somewhere. Basically, can you potentially unlock all skills at max level? I see the game only lets you bring so many skills into combat, and you can potentially unlock any skill on the grid. However, that doesn't demonstrate whether it's possible to unlock everything at max power though.

And is it like The Secret World, where you keep getting skillpoints at the same rate, or do skill points start slowing down greatly once you've had enough to unlock a 'full' build?

Etaew
07-04-2014, 09:42 AM
You obtain EGO Units to spend on Perks by continuing to level up, to my knowledge the experience needed per level does not increase.

You can unlock everything, apart from some of the side ones unless you own Arktech Revolution DLC.

PTR47
07-04-2014, 09:58 AM
Once you unlock everything, you stop getting skill points, and you stop getting experience points. From that point, you can only raise your ego level via persuits.

Multigun
07-04-2014, 12:51 PM
Once you unlock everything, you stop getting skill points, and you stop getting experience points. From that point, you can only raise your ego level via persuits.

Just adding to this already correct post.

It is possible to unlock every single perk. Once you do so though, you will stop receiving any skill points, or any experience points. The only way to continue to gain EGO is from completing pursuits. If you complete all the pursuits possible, you will not gain any more EGO at all until Trion unlocks more perks or pursuits.

rebtattoo
07-04-2014, 01:08 PM
Just adding to this already correct post.

It is possible to unlock every single perk. Once you do so though, you will stop receiving any skill points, or any experience points. The only way to continue to gain EGO is from completing pursuits. If you complete all the pursuits possible, you will not gain any more EGO at all until Trion unlocks more perks or pursuits.Not exactly accurate.

Once the points are accrued to "max" all perks, you will no longer gain xp from the ego grid. Just "unlocking" perks is not enough.

Atticus Batman
07-04-2014, 02:44 PM
Since nobody else pointed it out, what you are talking about is perks. IF you see one of us vet players mention skills we are talking about your weapon/vehicle skills, which can be maxed at 20 and you get benefits from those skills for doing so.

On topic. You can and will max all your perks out if you keep playing. You earn enough perk points to max it all. You will gain progression ewxperience until you have all the points to max all the perks. You will also earn enough to max the Artech perks which you will not be able to assign points to unless you own Dlc 5. That is roughly around 3000 experience then your bar locks at 0/0 since you maxed experience. The only way to keep leveling ego after that is to level your vehicle/weapon skills, and pursuits.

Deirachel
07-04-2014, 03:24 PM
Reb is correct, btw, about gaining XP points.

There are a few XP points in the game. EGO XP, Weapon XP, etc.

Once you max your EGO XP, then this particular type of XP is unhelpful to you personally.

You will still earn XP from events; but instead of this XP directly effecting your character, it continues to effect your Clan's ranks. So, don't stress too much about "maxing out your XP". Those XP points still help you.

Fuzzy
07-04-2014, 05:08 PM
You obtain EGO Units to spend on Perks by continuing to level up, to my knowledge the experience needed per level does not increase.

I think it does. The more perks you have unlocked, the more XP you need for the next level.
But this increase is not huge (as it is in other games).