PDA

View Full Version : WM just seems to be a waste now

TimeViewer
07-04-2014, 11:30 PM
Ever since we went f2p all I'm seeing is a flood of trolls breaking locks at the major, wasting everyone's time, sometimes it's just one or two but now I'm seeing groups of people dedicated to disrupting play. Some try to act like they don't speak English, as if someone speaking another language wouldn't recognize their own name being said.

It's just trash now

Synther
07-05-2014, 01:57 AM
Same as before. Nobody wants to wait the massive amount of time for a full group of 24+ that can't make a solid decision on tactics and weapons because there is no raid grouping. Instead, they would rather break the locks and just take the ample loot that is given for fighting him even if he gets away. It's not rocket science. It's the same problem.

superstorm
07-05-2014, 02:03 AM
a flood of trolls breaking locks at the major, wasting everyone's time
Actually waiting is a wasting of time there as 99% of wms are not successful. I hate persons who force others to wait for nothing, even if obvious that we don't gonna to get enough people.

THRACIAN is RAF
07-05-2014, 04:35 AM
Lol. I dunno how often per day that you sir^, attempt to kill a war monkey. But 9/10 times when I get invited to one, he gets destroyed. So your previous statement is invalid. You're probably just getting stuck with a contingent of low levels with crap weaponry and no understand of what is needed to effectively annihilate him

hiban
07-05-2014, 04:59 AM
Actually waiting is a wasting of time there as 99% of wms are not successful. I hate persons who force others to wait for nothing, even if obvious that we don't gonna to get enough people.

99% of WMs have some person breaking the locks when there is not enough people to kill the WM on time.

People go to the Warmaster to kill him. Having some player forcing the fail by breaking the locks because they have no patience ruins the run for all those people who want to kill him.
If you dont want to wait, if you don't care about killing the Warmaster, then why do you even go into Warmaster instances? There are plenty of events in the game which don't require you to wait.

Kanah
07-05-2014, 05:36 AM
Lol. I dunno how often per day that you sir^, attempt to kill a war monkey. But 9/10 times when I get invited to one, he gets destroyed. So your previous statement is invalid. You're probably just getting stuck with a contingent of low levels with crap weaponry and no understand of what is needed to effectively annihilate him

In the several dozen monkey bashes I've gone to on PC-EU since it went f2p there was not a single kill. Afterwards I see chat filled with messages about so and so has reached level 2 in bmgs.

3rdpig
07-05-2014, 10:06 AM

The game is filled with "contingent of low levels with crap weaponry and no understand of what is needed".

Good on you for somehow avoiding them, others haven't had as much luck. During the times I play it's hard to find 1 or 2 more to complete a group to do an expert co-op, much less find 23 more people qualified to kill the WM.

Has any of the above even crossed the outer boundaries of your mind? Or, as far as your concerned, is the only experience that's valid your own?

OttawaREDBLACKS
07-05-2014, 11:07 AM
Basically low levels got to understand that their weapons will do a small amount compared to big hitter for example who can even kill the wm with 24 there. Still from testing my low ego compared to high ego just using a saw I did probably at the minimum triple the damage per shot. Lets say half of the low ego even use weapons that are capable of damaging the warmaster a group of 75 low egos would not have a guaranteed chance at killing it.
3rd atleast on the xbox (na is **** compared to the europe) there are enough numbers atleast 40+ to start which going through has atleast 10 big hitters at a time. Still even then there are approximately a quarter or more who aren't even helping what so ever which is a joke but reflecting the wm originally the group determined it which some kill within 2 minutes and others dont even break the crystal.

Maida
07-05-2014, 11:28 AM
On PS3 NA we have the problem where people insist on getting 40+ people crammed in. This seems to make the instance unstable and makes lag and disconnect problems worse. I've been in a WM where there were 35 people and when my group wanted to break the locks, a lot of people cried to wait another 20 minutes for 5 more people. The last two warmasters I went into we beat it once. On the successful attempt we had less people but no one used bmgs/cold fire weapons and we beat it with over a minute left.

Waiting for 30 is reasobable (35 if a lot of low egos are present). It is reasonable to wait ten minutes if people are steadily entering, but when you go five minutes without a new person joining then its time to just go for it. I'm not waiting so other people can finish up all the daily conflicts and then jump in. Sorry people but waiting ten minutes then breaking the locks is not griefing (as many on PS3 NA cry about in chat)

drackiller
07-05-2014, 11:30 AM
This shouldn`t be a problem if enough people played the game.
The waiting i mean.

What about merging the servers!?

ConcreteSnake
07-05-2014, 11:32 AM
This really won't matter once they add the 3 minute timer, the locks will auto break and we can go on with our lives.

rebtattoo
07-05-2014, 11:37 AM
Hopefully, this problem will be resolved when we're able to make our own raid group. http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?166146-Defiance-Community-Q-amp-A-July-3rd, #6. Again I say, big ****in' hopefu!

Too bad it's only taken them over 6 months to figure this **** out.

maverick07
07-05-2014, 11:49 AM
Hopefully, this problem will be resolved when we're able to make our own raid group. http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?166146-Defiance-Community-Q-amp-A-July-3rd, #6. Again I say, big ****in' hopefu!

Too bad it's only taken them over 6 months to figure this **** out.

Unless the person who starts it has control of everyone who gets in? I don't have much hope for it, you can invite people yourself, but will those people be able to invite too?

I'm worried that the system will end up being just like what we have now. You can start it yourself, but if others are able to get the "vets" in that can't kill the WM, what good will it do.

hardy83
07-05-2014, 12:00 PM
I stopped doing him simply because win or lose, I never got anything other than a Volge pistol and Sniper rifle.
MAYBE an AR but most of the time is was the same stupid weapon over and over and over, beating him or not.
The WM takes so much time commitment to do and what do you get out of it? Usually nothing, and doing a major arkfall and incursion gets better/more rewards in less time, except for maybe arkforge. WM does give out a decent amount with a good score.

RNG ruins content so many times for me. lol Not just this game, but for this game I find the WM has really really bad RNG.

I mean not even green quality weapons being different just the same weapon over and over. :P

BTW I'm looking to buy Accelerated Surge, Clustershot Cannon, Headshot Custom bolter, Quickburst Pulser and VOT Heavy Plasma Repeater if anyone is willing to sell. Any rarity. Prefferably 3k-4k EGO and NA-PC. :D
You know, since I'll NEVER see those weapons in game.

rebtattoo
07-05-2014, 12:04 PM
Unless the person who starts it has control of everyone who gets in? I don't have much hope for it, you can invite people yourself, but will those people be able to invite too?

I'm worried that the system will end up being just like what we have now. You can start it yourself, but if others are able to get the "vets" in that can't kill the WM, what good will it do.Agreed.

Granted, it's a pretty big ****in' hopefully! LOL

To be honest though. I see the installation of the timers and the such to be the final nail in the WM coffin.

The Company will still not be able to guarantee that the "group" will all land in the same instance, at least, they haven't made this claim yet. It still can't guarantee that 90% of the ppl trying to enter it won't go to the disco instead, which is most likely what will happen. Then after the time it takes to log back in, the instance will have already started in yet another dismal failure.

The rewards aren't worth the time to bother with it. Unless there is a public dmg score shown, it will be impossible to help the ones that are lacking bump up their game. It's too bad too. Had the potential to be an excellent end game event.

of course, when using the word potential with The Company, it seems to fall on deaf ears. or rather, the ears of Mr. *******, who won't be happy unless ppl are playing "his game" "his way".

Sliverbaer
07-05-2014, 12:21 PM
Minor Arkbreaks have been more fun for me. Small group taking on a gaggle of Volge. (Horde? Tribe? Troop? Colony? Swarm? Litter? Army? Flock? Plague?)

I totally want to see a Huntmaster Grid. Finally get the shields down and then health and blam-o it gets back up.

bigguy
07-05-2014, 12:59 PM
You think its a waste now wait until the next patch when you are forced to try and get a party together just so that half of you get dced trying to get in and end up trying to do it with ten people. Any time you start knowing you dont have enough people is a complete waste of time

Someone earlier said that 99% of the tries at the WM fail. That person has no idea what hes doing or what hes talking about because 80% of the times im there and we get some people in we win.

nope
07-05-2014, 02:42 PM
Same as before. Nobody wants to wait the massive amount of time for a full group of 24+ that can't make a solid decision on tactics and weapons because there is no raid grouping. Instead, they would rather break the locks and just take the ample loot that is given for fighting him even if he gets away. It's not rocket science. It's the same problem.

i hate to burst your bubble and everyone elses but the loot from a successful WM is really bad and not worth it also.:rolleyes:

Bonehead
07-05-2014, 03:01 PM
To be honest though. I see the installation of the timers and the such to be the final nail in the WM coffin.

No Reb, it's auto troll to the rescue!http://www.adorablekidsdressup.com/Cloud%20Nine%20Images/Troll_Dolls/exercise-troll.jpg How can this do anything except save the warmaster and make it one of the most popular events in the game???

( yes, sarcasm. Totally agree with your post.)

dearhcrow89
07-05-2014, 05:33 PM
ive been playing since f2p launched and no exactlly what to do im ego rating 2500 now, what isee in warmasters are peopel freaking out over lower end ego rating players who dont know what to do here is the simple solution take the time to teach new players dont get frustrated with them. help them we all start out not knowing something and we improve i try and messege people who are low end ego rating or who dont know what they are doing i help them in turn they will be better prepared for the next time they enter a warmaster.

rebtattoo
07-05-2014, 05:53 PM
ive been playing since f2p launched and no exactlly what to do im ego rating 2500 now, what isee in warmasters are peopel freaking out over lower end ego rating players who dont know what to do here is the simple solution take the time to teach new players dont get frustrated with them. help them we all start out not knowing something and we improve i try and messege people who are low end ego rating or who dont know what they are doing i help them in turn they will be better prepared for the next time they enter a warmaster.Yea yea yea....Been there. The majority of the trolls are troll by nature. They don't give a **** if it fails.

Mushbeeguy
07-05-2014, 07:50 PM
ive been playing since f2p launched and no exactlly what to do im ego rating 2500 now, what isee in warmasters are peopel freaking out over lower end ego rating players who dont know what to do here is the simple solution take the time to teach new players dont get frustrated with them. help them we all start out not knowing something and we improve i try and messege people who are low end ego rating or who dont know what they are doing i help them in turn they will be better prepared for the next time they enter a warmaster.

Reb stated the dark side of the crowd. In my observations there are 5 types of 'new' folks found at a WM in no particular order:
1. Trolls . Just there tweak people. Mom is out for the evening with her new boyfriend and they aren't happy about it. Got banned from COD.
2. Noobs that will NOT take advice in any way shape or form. Find it offensive if anyone dares pass on knowledge.
3. The Selfish. They are just there to level/master a weapon. Teamwork is only a bonus score to them.
4. The High Score Key Farmer. BMG- Volge weapn just bring up the score to reap keys and AF. Don't care in the least if we pull the WM down.
5. Our Target. The noob that will learn from others and their own failure.

Yeah I probably mixed things up abit there, but it really is what we are working with. We just don't have anyplace to MEET and LEARN from others, or DISCUSS what's going on. You know, like a BAR or such. *wink*

superstorm
07-06-2014, 01:02 AM
You're probably just getting stuck with a contingent of low levels with crap weaponry and no understand of what is needed to effectively annihilate him
Welcome to PC NA.

99% of WMs have some person breaking the locks when there is not enough people to kill the WM on time.
Not exactly. I guess 30% of wms - someone breaks the locks, 69% - we wait 30-60 minutes for nothing and fail, 1% - we win.

Kanah
07-06-2014, 01:11 AM
Yeah I probably mixed things up abit there, but it really is what we are working with. We just don't have anyplace to MEET and LEARN from others, or DISCUSS what's going on. You know, like a BAR or such. *wink*

And when it's over, everyone is scattered in multiple instances so there's no chance to chat about what went wrong.

Mushbeeguy
07-06-2014, 07:16 AM
And when it's over, everyone is scattered in multiple instances so there's no chance to chat about what went wrong.
Sadly you are correct. Can you imagine the finger pointing and fights that would be started if we DID all go to the same place?
If they are auto breaking the locks to avoid user unplesantness, there is no way they are going to open that can of worms.

As badly as it is needed 'children' have ruined voice chat and are in line to do the same to text. Until or unless Trion starts wielding a ban hammer to clean it up nothing will change.

dearhcrow89
07-06-2014, 08:08 AM
eh i was just pointing out what i was observing not make to be done about people that dont want to listen

Lantesh
07-06-2014, 08:24 AM
Although I'm a new player here, even I can see how easy WM really is. A nice player explained it to me in team chat and it really comes down to 2 steps:

1. Shoot the back with appropriate weapons/skills
2. Dodge the crap that it shoots at you

That's it. The one time I was able to kill it, that's what the group did. When it jumped up on the wall, everyone dropped damage spikes and overload and just leaned into it's back. Killed it nice and easy.

But after running it many times after that, I see why you vets are mad at the situation. No one seems to be willing/able to follow those two simple steps. I haven't been able to kill it since. Makes me sad seeing how easy it really is.

Festival
07-06-2014, 08:44 AM
On a slight tangent, one reason WMs have been a waste for me lately, is that I'm experiencing far more runs in which I've put down spikes, dealt with the outside, then been dumped into an already-begun monkey fight (once with all of 2 minutes left) that's already doomed by early lockbreaking/crap loadouts/etc. Previously when this happened, after the fight failed I usually exited to a fresh Major Arkbreak instance that was at the "let's head inside" stage. Now, it's to either no instance at all or one where the entry portals have despawned. Nothing like wasting your spikes on that.

/nerdrage

Moreover, the scoring is still wonky. It still shows different results to different players, starts scoring outside then resetting to zero when you enter, and so forth. Is it not enough that the new, non-damage-based scoring system encourages non-contribution to winning and protects trolls and non-contributors from criticism, but has to be broken and buggy as well? So much fail...

SirServed
07-06-2014, 09:00 AM
I actually like that it rewards you for clearing the trash outside. I can rake in a good deal of points while doing what I was going to do for free anyway.

Sliverbaer
07-06-2014, 10:23 AM
Although I'm a new player here, even I can see how easy WM really is. A nice player explained it to me in team chat and it really comes down to 2 steps:

1. Shoot the back with appropriate weapons/skills
2. Dodge the crap that it shoots at you

That's it. The one time I was able to kill it, that's what the group did. When it jumped up on the wall, everyone dropped damage spikes and overload and just leaned into it's back. Killed it nice and easy.

But after running it many times after that, I see why you vets are mad at the situation. No one seems to be willing/able to follow those two simple steps. I haven't been able to kill it since. Makes me sad seeing how easy it really is.

Brilliant. I'd add that the back is a good default. But if the group sets out and picks a specific target and everyone actually shoots said target, things will go well.

On a slight tangent, one reason WMs have been a waste for me lately, is that I'm experiencing far more runs in which I've put down spikes, dealt with the outside, then been dumped into an already-begun monkey fight (once with all of 2 minutes left) that's already doomed by early lockbreaking/crap loadouts/etc. Previously when this happened, after the fight failed I usually exited to a fresh Major Arkbreak instance that was at the "let's head inside" stage. Now, it's to either no instance at all or one where the entry portals have despawned. Nothing like wasting your spikes on that.

/nerdrage

Moreover, the scoring is still wonky. It still shows different results to different players, starts scoring outside then resetting to zero when you enter, and so forth. Is it not enough that the new, non-damage-based scoring system encourages non-contribution to winning and protects trolls and non-contributors from criticism, but has to be broken and buggy as well? So much fail...

Totally agree on both points. Zoning into the Warmaster is a cluster. I hate when the clan goes in and everyone ends up in separate Warmaster runs all at different stages. Such a joke.

And the scoring. Oh my, what a POS. It's one mob. (with some random adds during the fight, who shoots at those?) Score shouldn't be a calculation here. I'd like to see damage put back, but as with the wonderful scaling in the game now, it would be one-sided for higher ego. Put in a percentile rating. If you are EGO X and do damage Y, based on your EGO in said range, you earn Rank Z. It wouldn't show exact damage but how well you did based on your ego level. Right now there's no way to know how much DPS I've done and if I should be doing any better.

The Minor Arkbreaks are still more fun.

drackiller
07-06-2014, 10:32 AM
The dead weight is increasing over time and like Deunan uses to say, the good players can`t carry so much dead weight.

Today i was in a WM that failed because the TROLLS think that they are not trolling. At one particular time of the event more than 15 players were laying around, CRAWLING, CRAWLING waiting for the revives.

I tried to explain to a certain feeble mind that 15 players crawling are 15 players not doing damage.

It seems that for a feeble minded person that is an insult LOL.
I`m getting tired of this game because of this kind of attitudes, and the more they are wrong, the more they think in their delusional world that they are right.
What is wrong with these people nowadays?

hardy83
07-06-2014, 04:32 PM
Yeah well blame Trion for punishing people dying.
You look 1k just for dying and what? 3-5k for respawning?

Sure it may have seemed like some backwards logical way to get people to work together and rez (and it works well in Arkfalls) but it absolutely fails in WM because you have people who don't want to be punish their score, especially with a boss where there's so many random deaths that can happen since the WM can 1-shot you so many times.

Sure, anyone looking at the total score scope, the respawning is nothing, but the fact remains, it's a deterrent. It's doing exactly what it's suppose to do at the cost of the gameplay.

Such a stupid decision, especially at WM.

Also, I assume a lot of people don't try anymore because I bet you anything there's a mentality that it's just going to fail anyways, so get a decent score, but half-*** it until the timer is up, maybe use the boss to level a weapon since there's no point in trying to win.

This is what happens when you design hard content AFTER the game was designed to be fairly casual, and then punish people for trying.

Bonehead
07-06-2014, 04:46 PM
Yeah well blame Trion for punishing people dying.
You look 1k just for dying and what? 3-5k for respawning?

Sure it may have seemed like some backwards logical way to get people to work together and rez (and it works well in Arkfalls) but it absolutely fails in WM because you have people who don't want to be punish their score, especially with a boss where there's so many random deaths that can happen since the WM can 1-shot you so many times.

Sure, anyone looking at the total score scope, the respawning is nothing, but the fact remains, it's a deterrent. It's doing exactly what it's suppose to do at the cost of the gameplay.

Such a stupid decision, especially at WM.

Also, I assume a lot of people don't try anymore because I bet you anything there's a mentality that it's just going to fail anyways, so get a decent score, but half-*** it until the timer is up, maybe use the boss to level a weapon since there's no point in trying to win.

This is what happens when you design hard content AFTER the game was designed to be fairly casual, and then punish people for trying.

Pretty much agree wit all that Hardy.

Still it seems like all of those shenanigans would have been completely avoided by introducing some kind of raid group mechanic.

Game design 101 really.

Rokea
07-06-2014, 05:34 PM
Pretty much agree wit all that Hardy.

Still it seems like all of those shenanigans would have been completely avoided by introducing some kind of raid group mechanic.

Game design 101 really.

Im all for a raid mechanic that would make life much more easier.... except if when queing for WM it wouldn't split your group into 6 different arenas

Deunan
07-06-2014, 07:38 PM
Game design 101 really.At Trion University that class is an elective. It was replaced in the core curriculum with "How To Monetize Players".

Bonehead
07-06-2014, 07:49 PM
At Trion University that class is an elective. It was replaced in the core curriculum with "How To Monetize Players".

http://i1375.photobucket.com/albums/ag464/lenzdude/giphy1_zpsa556e416.gif

Xaat Xuun
07-06-2014, 08:10 PM
well I doubt I'll be waiting after the count reaches 24, 16-20 should be enough, though I'll wait till 24, if everyone there are on the same page.
today count was 26 . . I asked "can we go now" .. answer, "waiting till 30" . . now count is 25 . . I'm not waiting , already waited long enough.

it's bad that there are early lock breakers, and those that just won't listen, or there just to score keys, but I'm not playing Defiance to wait, I'm playing to shoot things.
there certainly needs to be something done about the Warmaster raid.
need everyone in a group stay/enter in the same instance is a major one.
ways to control when the locks are cracked open
NO keys rewarded if WM escapes

hardy83
07-06-2014, 08:20 PM
In all honesty, they should probably nerf him into the ground.

Add an "expert" entrance for players who have formed an "implemented feature" raid party. Where players can't enter it unless they are in a raid group with that raid getting a specific WM just for the party.
I guess the size of a raid could be...Whatever the max amount of players the WM allows. 30? 40? I dunno. lol

Have the expert WM have a higher chance at dropping oranges as well as an extra item or two on a win, and maybe lower the orange change on regular WM.
Also maybe make the expert WM a bit harder, due to the organization being far better than normal.

Also make sure it's not just damn pistols and snipers that drop. Up the % for the other gun varieties. Yesh.

Atticus Batman
07-06-2014, 08:23 PM
The dead weight is increasing over time and like Deunan uses to say, the good players can`t carry so much dead weight.

Today i was in a WM that failed because the TROLLS think that they are not trolling. At one particular time of the event more than 15 players were laying around, CRAWLING, CRAWLING waiting for the revives.

I tried to explain to a certain feeble mind that 15 players crawling are 15 players not doing damage.

It seems that for a feeble minded person that is an insult LOL.
I`m getting tired of this game because of this kind of attitudes, and the more they are wrong, the more they think in their delusional world that they are right.
What is wrong with these people nowadays?

I agree that it is horrible. But seeing as my Xbox gold live expires next month and I still have no income, I may not be able to play online games with my xbox anymore, so I guess M$crosoft's need to make console players pay them for the right to play games online, may take care of that for me, by not allowing me to play.

firemist
07-06-2014, 09:36 PM
Same here...4 out of 5 are kills...I don't know on what basis you quote 90% but if it's really the case, you need to hang out with people who know what they're doing...

drackiller
07-06-2014, 11:41 PM
I agree that it is horrible. But seeing as my Xbox gold live expires next month and I still have no income, I may not be able to play online games with my xbox anymore, so I guess M$crosoft's need to make console players pay them for the right to play games online, may take care of that for me, by not allowing me to play.

I`m trully sorry to ear that Batman and it makes me sad.

Atticus Batman
07-07-2014, 04:03 AM
I`m trully sorry to ear that Batman and it makes me sad.

I agree. On the bright side, I currently have 604 bing reward points and need a total of 679 points for a month of Xbox gold, so at 15 points a day, I should be able to cash them in, in about 5 - 6 days to gain myself one more month to worry about it, provided I search everyday.

oO Gaul Oo
07-07-2014, 04:28 AM
From a personal perspective the loot that the WM drops is shockingly bad and will find better weapons etc doing the minors. Furthermore if you contribute to putting down one or more of the batteries then you should be guranteed entry into the WM Arena. However, this is not the case because people use groups to import large numbers of players.

Having read some of the previous post there is frustation amongst many of the slightly higher ego players that low level players are not adequately equipped to deal with the WM even with the TL10 Buff their weapons still suck badly. Once you clear 5000 Ego there is simply no challenge for you in the game and once you clear 5500 onwards to 5800 nothing in the game is a challenge.

With around 17 to 20 good Ego 5000 players the WM can be put down very quickly. This assumes their isn't the burden of low ego players, this does exclude people on their 3rd/4th or even 5th toon as with this much playtime you would assume they would know how to sort their stuff out.

Deunan
07-07-2014, 08:28 AM
Furthermore if you contribute to putting down one or more of the batteries then you should be guranteed entry into the WM Arena. However, this is not the case because people use groups to import large numbers of players.Anyone who is at the Arkbreak exterior when the Volge are defeated can queue into the Arkfall Wreckage. No one, including those who set down a battery is denied entry inside. When the first instance reaches an occupancy of 24 players a new one opens up to take additional players.

Having read some of the previous post there is frustation amongst many of the slightly higher ego players that low level players are not adequately equipped to deal with the WM even with the TL10 Buff their weapons still suck badly.Players of all EGO levels are deadweight during the fight with the Warmaster. It's often not a matter of weapon EGO rating but weapon selection and loadout selection. Some select loadouts with poor DPS that will still generate a decent score notwithstanding that it will undermine getting far more points from a kill. In addition ignorance is not exclusive to lower EGO levels. I've seen ridiculous loadouts used by higher EGO characters.

Not everyone is into min/maxing and there are many casual players that treat the game no different than a single player game as if their actions have no consequences for others. Rather than learn and work towards a group interest their attitude is often "get over it" and "stop taking the game so seriously". That kind of player only increases in number in an F2P environment and it doesn't help when the game devs deliberately manipulate game design to coddle them by needlessly and undeservedly protecting them from criticism from the player community by undermining transparency of player conduct in the game.

ashenendymion
07-07-2014, 04:05 PM
Anyone who is at the Arkbreak exterior when the Volge are defeated can queue into the Arkfall Wreckage. No one, including those who set down a battery is denied entry inside. When the first instance reaches an occupancy of 24 players a new one opens up to take additional players.

I don't know about you but I would consider it a "denied entry" if someone drops a battery, disconnects while loading into the Arkfall Wreckage, and finds themselves in a different phase altogether when they log back into the game...

Festival
07-07-2014, 04:38 PM
I don't know about you but I would consider it a "denied entry" if someone drops a battery, disconnects while loading into the Arkfall Wreckage, and finds themselves in a different phase altogether when they log back into the game...

As mentioned in my previous rant in this thread, what's been happening to me a lot lately is: I drop one or more (usually 4) batteries, deal with the outside...then when I go inside, it's an already-started lower room, often with only two or three minutes on the timer, and no chance of success because it was begun prematurely. Then when it's over, sometimes the ark wreckage is still there (but not the entrance portals), sometimes nothing. Complete waste of batteries and I usually ragelog right then and there.

Bonehead
07-07-2014, 04:55 PM
Anymore I just drop 4 spikes and leave.

Heartlight
07-07-2014, 09:12 PM
Just to throw another perspective out... I was at a really good one today, PS3 NA, where no one even tried to break the locks and not much grumbling, 'cept one guy but he was just amusing. This was a PUG too! We got to 40 and started and downed him with 1m30 to spare. It was a nice run, especially for a PUG.

Hopefully as time goes on, more people will start to understand?

drackiller
07-08-2014, 12:19 AM
Just to throw another perspective out... I was at a really good one today, PS3 NA, where no one even tried to break the locks and not much grumbling, 'cept one guy but he was just amusing. This was a PUG too! We got to 40 and started and downed him with 1m30 to spare. It was a nice run, especially for a PUG.

It`s been like that on the EU server too, people are learning to wait quietly, save some trollish exception of course.
But when F2P hits the fan i fear we will start this whole story again.
The beta of something good is around 17 this month, i think i`ll just login and logout to receive my daily and weekly rewards and get back after the rush.

Kanah
07-09-2014, 08:40 AM
It`s been like that on the EU server too, people are learning to wait quietly, save some trollish exception of course.
But when F2P hits the fan i fear we will start this whole story again.

PC-EU killed the warmaster this morning, the first kill I've seen since f2p. Things are looking up!

N3gativeCr33p
07-09-2014, 09:00 AM

With the influx of F2P people about ready to start playing the game, I don't see it happening anytime soon.

September 9th can't get here soon enough.

dramaQkarri
07-09-2014, 09:01 AM
<snip>
it doesn't help when the game devs deliberately manipulate game design to coddle [new players] by needlessly and undeservedly protecting them from criticism from the player community by undermining transparency of player conduct in the game.

so. well. said. I wept.

Basically, the devs are enablers. Gross.

dramaQkarri
07-09-2014, 09:20 AM
Curious if anyone else has witnessed this, quote from another thread:

http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?166710-Weirdest-thing...

So yesterday, I hit a warmaster.
There were maybe ten people there and they immediately broke the locks.
I laughed it off and thought at least there'll be some arkforge, or something.
It took a minute or so and ALL his armour had been stripped (arms and back) and 20 seconds later, he was down.
Either it was the mother of all glitches, or there was some impressive weaponry at play!
Anyone else done it with so few people?

Anyone? Anyone?

crazyged
07-09-2014, 09:44 AM
Anyone? Anyone?

Yeah, because it's got me baffled!

Bonehead
07-09-2014, 01:01 PM
Curious if anyone else has witnessed this, quote from another thread:

http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?166710-Weirdest-thing...

Anyone? Anyone?

I witnessed it.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-_U8Lh33Un_U/UPIrdctatFI/AAAAAAAAZ1k/Xl8l2u4tFbg/s1600/osho-wake-up-phrases-watcher-witness.jpg

SirServed
07-09-2014, 01:27 PM
So, I happened to be up late and we tried WM with 16 people. 8 people used hounds and 0 people used Volge weapons. He almost died. I've never been so proud of a loss before.