PDA

View Full Version : Warmaster Scaledown. Is it that hard?

Varathius
07-05-2014, 02:29 PM
Since the Warmaster came out, and especially now, people keep complaining about the usual stuff that I won't have to get into.

So why does Trion not implement a scale down on DPS needed according to how many people are at the war master? If a troll breaks the lock with 5 people in there, so they should make the war master approx. 5x less in hitpoints, plus, if a lot of people start joining, then it will gradually increase its hitpoints, like is happening on emergencies etc with the threat level system.

This will pretty much solve all the issues.

I am a bit disappointed at Trion here in this regard. We players face obvious issues in there and there is the technology available to solve it, as so many other games have this, so why keep making the warmaster frustrating for all? Trolls will never cooperate, new guys popping locks not knowing what is going on aren't to blame either (unless it is a constant repetitive action), why is Trion not taking any steps into this in order to at least try the obvious logical solution?

Bonehead
07-05-2014, 02:38 PM
I don't think the issue is that she is too hard per se. I think the biggest issue is that Trion introduced a full on raid boss without any raid group mechanic at all. A pug group, unless comprised of savvy players, should have an impossible time with a real raid boss.
The Warmaster is getting beaten by groups lucky or smart enough to have enough disciplined and educated players to get the job done.

07-05-2014, 03:46 PM
no thanks.this game is already way to easy. WM is the only thing that isn't easy so they need to keep it that way

Deunan
07-05-2014, 04:20 PM
The Warmaster already scales based on the number of players there. There has and always will be deadweight inside the chamber and there's only so much deadweight that the other players can carry. That's why a fail with 9 players often doesn't look much worse than a fail with 20.

Iceberg
07-05-2014, 06:44 PM
Switch from score to damage and give awards if you win the fight not for participating.

Blu
07-05-2014, 06:49 PM
scaledown? man that miss terri player would be beyond beast mode if this happened, prob one of the best warmaster mastas in NA pc land,

dunno why It took me so long to id them and just get with the program,

2 smgs, miss terri style load outs and GG WM into nothing ness,, swear I think this person only does WM, they even have a warmaster something in the clan name,

wish more ppl could scale up to there level and not down.. ^_^.

Iceberg
07-05-2014, 06:51 PM
scaledown? man that miss terri player would be beyond beast mode if this happened, prob one of the best warmaster mastas in NA pc land,

2 smgs, miss terri style load outs and GG WM into nothing ness,, swear I think this person only does WM, they even have a warmaster something in the clan name,

RNG hates some of us. I am just glad to have a wolfhound with one crit roll.

Blu
07-05-2014, 07:03 PM
RNG hates some of us. I am just glad to have a wolfhound with one crit roll.

Yes, have godly RNG in d3 ros, in here, its so / so, always was this way even on console, prob why i was excited to see arkforge and seen someone mention we may be able to re roll syns?

and about your rng, notice your on pc? NA? if so, maybe when i get on, if you play at that time, could game some together, will give anything i don't need or want, matter of fact im tired of watching my stuff get salvaged cause i don't use it, think im sitting on 3 oj volge rifles, i get them a lot, know most ppl don't care for them, all 3 around 3100+ ego, if oyu need /w ant one, lmk, i give you, i even want to make it something the community starts..

have good rng? got some items you know are nice yet the pc trading / sale community isn't all that compared to consoles, well lets help each other out.. .

or at least the ones who are more honest and just want to enjoy playing and not use ppl for something nice and free then turn around and try to sale it,

UL clan does this a lot, they will offer nice items, for free once they ego past them, often this really helps lower lvl players or even higher ones who may have not so decent RNG,,,

maybe instead of scaling WM down, we can make a group who helps real players get some decent WM items/weps so we all can benefit from that..

Bentu
07-05-2014, 07:14 PM
WM is scaled, try him one on one, the hardest thing is getting into one with no one else.

Jack_Pryce
07-05-2014, 07:19 PM

I did a Warmaster with her once, and on that day I swore I would never do another for fear that I may yet run into her again. It was THAT BAD.

Mushbeeguy
07-05-2014, 07:25 PM
I'm with Iceberg. I just got out of one that a lvl76 was shooting the locks while a 578 was messaging me with vulgar language that it didn't matter. An amazing number of volge weapons.
There are just SO many lower lvl folks to make up for. I know they won't gate it, and I really hope they don't. But when this patch comes out WM is going to be a wasted endeavour.

Blu
07-05-2014, 07:40 PM
I did a Warmaster with her once, and on that day I swore I would never do another for fear that I may yet run into her again. It was THAT BAD.

^^^ let me know real quick I had been away for awhile, then when it happens everytime im in WM with them,

gives you something to reach for or learn from..

and I was wondering about the 1v1 warmaster scaling..

I keep 4 arkbatterys, cause I haven't done my missions from that dlc yet to unlock the ability to call them down? and I keep getting more batts from the weekly/daily boxes from patron pass, but only can hold 4? why not be able to hold more plz..

seen something in future discussions(at trion, kiwi's thread I think) about we can make groups just to do these kind of bosses with, that would be nice, would do my missions right now if it was possible to group raid by invite only WM..

but on the same hand, if 10 miss terri's showed up, that blu cold crystalie monkey beast would not last long at all..

that's why, can we pls, have special world events?

like on holidays does it even seem like a holiday?

but what would be nice, is if Warmaster, groups, went to war vs us in game for a day even,
attacks on iron demon, on anything and everything..

oh you arkfalling? to bad, warmasters decided to bring the inflicted who brought the grid who brought hulkers and they brought there annoying pets like bugs who slow you..

maybe at a set times, once the true night comes to defiance you all will die type attack..

then that would give the veteran ego, 3xxx to 5xxx+ players a reason to come in the game, even for just a lil while

Deunan
07-06-2014, 02:09 AM
scaledown? man that miss terri player would be beyond beast mode if this happened, prob one of the best warmaster mastas in NA pc land.It's Miss Teri. A team with her yesterday still failed to kill the Warmaster. There simply are not enough interested and capable players on PC NA to carry all the deadweight that shows up at Major Arbreaks nowadays. Neither of us wanted to wait for 40 players because we knew that extra players often only means extra deadweight.

How bad can the deadweight be? I'll use pre 1.4 scoreboards to make the point. This is the top of the card with my alt Dyana Mayera when I used to do Major Arkbreaks to farm low EGO rating gear that was valued more at the time:

https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3845/14582152611_ffb6531869_c.jpg

And this is the bottom:

https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5473/14398980519_529dbf8099_c.jpg

This is the way it's always been at Major Arkbreaks with the top carrying the the bottom to victory. The problem is that since 1.4, players can hide their underperformance by milking score using mechanics that have nothing to do with dealing the most damage. That bottom four that doesn't even add up to 500k of the ~20 million damage needed to kill the Warmaster at the time now accounts for the majority of player performance at Major Arkbreaks by those that know better but don't care as they ***** for points with BMGs, infectors, blast rifles and other garbage weapons that can garner good scores with lousy damage while the rest simply don't know any better. There's only so much deadweight that we can carry and Major Arkbreaks are teeming with players like this.