PDA

View Full Version : Why so much swearing and angry people in the in-game chat zones?

AceRimmer
07-05-2014, 04:45 PM
After reading the PVP sore losers thread, it got me thinking about the language used in chats.
I kinda understand people getting angry and saying a few words at a notorious lockbreaker, or if you catch a hacker in the game ruining it for others, frustration boils over.

But whats up with people using the F, S and C words so often to try and insult people, or bite someone's head off?
2 guys-high ego players, were in the WM, discussing weapon trades, then another player starts asking where do they live, he's gonna come to their home and beat the ....out of them.

Another player couldn't take a joke, and went off on a full on rant.

Is High ego literally affecting the real life ego of some players, who feel incredibly superior to others when playing, are they just feeling invincible because of the invisibility of playing online?

Why can't they all get along.

rebtattoo
07-05-2014, 04:53 PM
Ah, anonymity. Has been around far longer than the internet. The net just makes it "right now and in your face."

As long as 2 ppl can communicate with one another behind a safety net, you'll continue to hear all the words that offend you. Or just about anywhere else in todays age, for that matter.

I laugh at the ppl that come into my studio and start *****ing about the language they're hearing.

AceRimmer
07-05-2014, 04:59 PM
Ah, anonymity. Has been around far longer than the internet. The net just makes it "right now and in your face."

As long as 2 ppl can communicate with one another behind a safety net, you'll continue to hear all the words that offend you. Or just about anywhere else in todays age, for that matter.

I laugh at the ppl that come into my studio and start *****ing about the language they're hearing.

Yeah...it's just a bit sad that it happens in Defiance.
I get the usual banter, but not full on insults, sad sad times.

Bonehead
07-05-2014, 04:59 PM
After 18 years in the fire service and 15 in construction I have a pretty foul mouth but I keep it clean for the in game chat and the on line forums. Sometimes the excessive use of swearing or profanity can distract from what you are trying to say or distract some people from the point you are trying to make.

If players start popping off in game to the point of bother or distraction I just use the mute.

UncleSpider77
07-05-2014, 05:12 PM
Weirdly, Defi has in general a less toxic community than a lot of games I've played. At it's heart it's a co-op game. More teacher types here than say CoD or whatever. Of course foul language is just part of gamer culture and trolls live under every bridge.

I'd also suggest that high ego players are probably not the culprits on the zone. The majority of the elites I know are anything but jerks. That's just my experience though.

rebtattoo
07-05-2014, 05:51 PM
After 18 years in the fire service and 15 in construction I have a pretty foul mouth but I keep it clean for the in game chat and the on line forums. Sometimes the excessive use of swearing or profanity can distract from what you are trying to say or distract some people from the point you are trying to make.

If players start popping off in game to the point of bother or distraction I just use the mute.Ha! I call ****in' ******** on that one. At no time has an ******* not known what the **** I was talking about when talking about all the whiners and *****es constantly complaining about **** in game. ;)

Kanah
07-05-2014, 06:07 PM
I got some colourful abuse for suggesting it might be more fun to run the co-op instead of spending half an hour lame-arsed jumping up a cliff. Again though, it comes down to flawed game design sparking these incidents - glitchable co-ops, impossible warmasters, imbalanced pvp.

Maida
07-05-2014, 06:16 PM
It isn't just an anonymity issue. Research has shown that people on line using real identities are more prone to rude behavior. One theory is that it has to do with not seeing peoples faces and reactions to inappropriate behavior. Being social animals we respond to other peoples facial expressions, seeing other upset we tend to tone done our bad behavior.

Earlier this year some Canadian researchers found a correlation between internet trolling and what they call the dark tetrad of negative personality traits (Machiavellianism, psychopathy, narcissism, and sadism).
http://psychcentral.com/blog/archives/2014/02/16/trolls-just-want-to-have-fun/

konstantinov
07-05-2014, 06:17 PM
There is a profanity filter ingame under the settings. Use it if you don't like the language used. Like all games that can be played online it's rated M because any company can not sit there and police it. My mouth isn't great so I try to stay in groups or private chat.

Bonehead
07-05-2014, 06:22 PM
Ha! I call ****in' ******** on that one. At no time has an ******* not known what the **** I was talking about when talking about all the whiners and *****es constantly complaining about **** in game. ;)

Make no ****ing mistake on this Reb. We speak the same ****ing language that's for ****ing sure.;)

konstantinov
07-05-2014, 06:27 PM
Make no ****ing mistake on this Reb. We speak the same ****ing language that's for ****ing sure.;)

I speak this **** too ya crazy mother****ers.

Blu
07-05-2014, 06:46 PM
I couldn't even deal with this when game first came out on xbox, everyone in there family was on there, screaming, fighting, all with head sets, so many ppl would play like music and jam it loud during arkfalls just to annoy ppl,

would hear babies crying in the background, one girl was on her cell phone talking to her bank, saying all her ssi info, her bank accnt info, everything,,

I never understood this,

then I notice some settings became default or was adjustable so we could mute everything,

and if you think this is bad, in black gold online, when you reach top 1,2 or 3 in rankings, you can set your quote, now we are seeing ppl fight by setting there quotes back and forth all day long, you cant mute em, filter them or nothing and it podcasts to the whole server your on..

Roez
07-05-2014, 07:20 PM
Remember the guy who hunted down the young kid who gave him lip over Call of Duty? The way some of these people nerd rage, I'm kinda surprised we don't see stuff like that more.

TwitchTV with the language, racism, etc., is no different. At least the mentality. It's always interesting seeing adults who haven't experienced this kind of gamer trash before make their first TwitchTv appearance. It's like watching them realize they've discovered humanity's cesspool.

Mushbeeguy
07-05-2014, 07:33 PM
Roez, man you sure hit that one right.
I am well aware, and have used, countless profane words. I just don't do it anymore.
I out grew it.
I learned other words to make my feelings known. I'd rather rant with out cursing and let THAT teach some 13yr old in an M rated game than echo the latest rap songs 'lyrics'. What are we teaching youth?
Really, M doesn't mean you have to curse. Really freak a kid out..use big words...correctly. :)

CRIXDA
07-05-2014, 10:44 PM
The zone chat is pathetic.
If you ask these kids to stop then they want to start on you for saying something about it.
these entire situations are stupid. Somewhere around 0145 est on the xblna server there was a really huge one in which one zone chat toughguy was talking about ***king another players wife because the other guy wouldn't duel him.
It is pathetic because this kid is a monster turd and everyone despises him on the server because he trolls more that a bassmaster.
The Company says that It polices this stuff but I would like to see it in action and watch garbage like sexual harrasment and racial crap get dealt with along with crap like I witnessed the other night.

rebtattoo
07-05-2014, 11:00 PM
Make no ****ing mistake on this Reb. We speak the same ****ing language that's for ****ing sure.;)Well, goddam, I knew we were on the same ****in' page about ****!

Bonehead
07-05-2014, 11:11 PM
It is pathetic because this kid is a monster turd and everyone despises him

http://ib1.huluim.com/video/8968436?region=US&size=600x400

DeadEye68
07-05-2014, 11:22 PM
I personally consider there's two types of swearing. The first one could be described as "having colorful language", the second one is meant to be offensive. I have no issues of any kind with the former while the latter comes over either as juvenile attempts at provocation or as a cheap way to make up for self-esteem issues. There's some irony in the fact you can be much more offensive without swearing and cursing though.

drackiller
07-06-2014, 12:18 AM
I`ll bite...can`t you guys see what the dude is doing!?

He`s sistematically starting threads about negativity about something and then he runs away.

He`s been doing accusations but he does not prove anything. I made my ingame research yesterday, i poked ariund and i made some bears come out of the shrub.
For some reason one of the bears must have been banned from the forum and i think he blames me :) , poor little sad panda :(

The other bear, i shouted he`s name out loud, but this one must have been in a deep cave, because he couldn`t hear me or maybe he was just hibernating.

So yerterday everytime i said that i had something like a Springerper example, the sad little panda immediately came to the chat saying that he had one for free ;) Good for him.
I sold a Zagger yesterday, i have no love for the Zaggers. It was an Outlaw Synergy with fire nano, someone asked if i sell and i said :
Me- yeah , sure m8. How much you give for it?
The Buyer- 90k scrip is ok ?
Me- i sell it for 30k.

The deal was done, i think it was a good deal because i don`t like to sell items overpriced.

Guess what? The little sad panda was offering a Zagger for free.
This only shows one thing, that even Trolls have a good hart ;)

Varathius
07-06-2014, 12:33 AM
http://newalbanydefense.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/keyboard-warrior.jpg

drackiller
07-06-2014, 12:36 AM

LOL, nice pic :)

CRIXDA
07-06-2014, 05:20 AM
True, that photo is true.

I also agree that the "colorful" language isn't the issue as much as the provocative and attacking type. Therein lies the issue.
Still, it doesn't even need to be profane for it to be like that. Players want to drag forum discussion into the zone chat and call you a "whiteknight" or make cute comments about "make a post about that on the forums".
It is sad, especially when you have already had a decent conversation with the person before and they seemed alright.

drackiller
07-06-2014, 10:41 AM
It is sad, especially when you have already had a decent conversation with the person before and they seemed alright.

CRIXDA my friend you hit the crit spot here. That is the sad part of all this discussion, and the problem is that some people are bipolar. Their problem is that i`m no Psychiatrist, therefor i lack the abilitie to comunicate with that kind of people.
I wish them well by the way.

Dracula Hellsing
07-06-2014, 11:26 AM
I`ll bite...can`t you guys see what the dude is doing!?

He`s sistematically starting threads about negativity about something and then he runs away.

He`s been doing accusations but he does not prove anything. I made my ingame research yesterday, i poked ariund and i made some bears come out of the shrub.
For some reason one of the bears must have been banned from the forum and i think he blames me :) , poor little sad panda :(

The other bear, i shouted he`s name out loud, but this one must have been in a deep cave, because he couldn`t hear me or maybe he was just hibernating.

So yerterday everytime i said that i had something like a Springerper example, the sad little panda immediately came to the chat saying that he had one for free ;) Good for him.
I sold a Zagger yesterday, i have no love for the Zaggers. It was an Outlaw Synergy with fire nano, someone asked if i sell and i said :
Me- yeah , sure m8. How much you give for it?
The Buyer- 90k scrip is ok ?
Me- i sell it for 30k.

The deal was done, i think it was a good deal because i don`t like to sell items overpriced.

Guess what? The little sad panda was offering a Zagger for free.
This only shows one thing, that even Trolls have a good hart ;)

You do realise that someone will report you for admitting that your poking in the bushes, translates to-going out of my way to wind a player up to cause a ruckus-that breaks forum guidelines.
And Drac, drac drac drac...if you like me so much, why don't you just tell me baby?

All these malicious lies you keep spouting, bringing the game into the forums, declaring that my account is dead, that I have been banned, well that's also a breach of the rules here, but seriously, you don't need to lie, to get my attention.

Drac-killer...did i break your heart, are you angry at me for some reason.

Do you need a hug, Mr Grumpy :D

drackiller
07-06-2014, 12:14 PM
Oh my God, stop stalking me dude. LOL

Did i in any of my posts mentioned names !?

reality check dude, the world does not revolve around you. Get a life please.

And by all means, please report me. You and every body else have nothing that you can use against me, LOL.

How old are you? 10?

And no, sorry but you cant be my friend. I have all the friends that i need, grow up dude.

AceRimmer
07-06-2014, 12:45 PM
Oh my God, stop stalking me dude. LOL

Did i in any of my posts mentioned names !?

reality check dude, the world does not revolve around you. Get a life please.

And by all means, please report me. You and every body else have nothing that you can use against me, LOL.

How old are you? 10?

And no, sorry but you cant be my friend. I have all the friends that i need, grow up dude.

Actually, you've been stalking me and my topic about swearing, and my previous topic, despite having so so many of your posts removed for breaking forums rules :P

And you think you're a bit too smart to be caught, because you make references to players, without mentioning names, but it's still a form of naming and shaming, tut tut.
You're only replying now on my thread to waste space, and to get others to try and defend you.

I'm tired of your boorish behavior soooooo....

So how about this Drackiller. here is my interpretation of a virtual hand -} i know it's pretty rubbish, but why don't you just reply with your own {- call it a virtual handshake between us, and put all mis-assumptions, misinterpretations and mistrollish behaviour aside-yeh i know there aren't so many mis words, but you get my gist-stop replying on my threads with anything interpreted as an attack, just use helpful advice or say nothing at all.
Mute me if needs be in game and in forums, but stop carrying on as you are.

So will you accept the virtual handshake, let bygones be bygones, and be a decent chap as you state you are, or are you going to ignore my offer, and be seen as something you claim you aren't, childish and trollish.

No words are needed from you, just a handshake.

Here's the hand, will you accept it?
-}

Dracula Hellsing
07-06-2014, 01:00 PM
{- here's my hand too

drackiller
07-06-2014, 11:50 PM
Actually, you've been stalking me and my topic about swearing, and my previous topic, despite having so so many of your posts removed for breaking forums rules :P

And you think you're a bit too smart to be caught, because you make references to players, without mentioning names, but it's still a form of naming and shaming, tut tut.
You're only replying now on my thread to waste space, and to get others to try and defend you.

I'm tired of your boorish behavior soooooo....

So how about this Drackiller. here is my interpretation of a virtual hand -} i know it's pretty rubbish, but why don't you just reply with your own {- call it a virtual handshake between us, and put all mis-assumptions, misinterpretations and mistrollish behaviour aside-yeh i know there aren't so many mis words, but you get my gist-stop replying on my threads with anything interpreted as an attack, just use helpful advice or say nothing at all.
Mute me if needs be in game and in forums, but stop carrying on as you are.

So will you accept the virtual handshake, let bygones be bygones, and be a decent chap as you state you are, or are you going to ignore my offer, and be seen as something you claim you aren't, childish and trollish.

No words are needed from you, just a handshake.

Here's the hand, will you accept it?
-}

Dude i don`t even know who you are in the game and i can care less about that.
I know who i am, i know that i don`t insult people on the game and i don`t need to lie about that stuff.
I`m also not afraid of idle threats and false insinuations, the devs can check my chat logs and they will find nthing against me, and you know why!? Because i don`t need to lie.
I`m a respected player in the PS3EU server, i help people, i don`t discriminate anyone based on gender, nationality or sexual preference...lol.

But i do reserve my right to post where ever i want and feel like as long i`m not insulting anyone and just stating my opinion.
Keep in mind that the thread may be created by you but it`s not your property, this is a public forum so, if you write something expect an answer.

But nice try from you. Peace.

Roez
07-07-2014, 12:26 AM
True, that photo is true.

I also agree that the "colorful" language isn't the issue as much as the provocative and attacking type. Therein lies the issue.
Still, it doesn't even need to be profane for it to be like that. Players want to drag forum discussion into the zone chat and call you a "whiteknight" or make cute comments about "make a post about that on the forums".

I'm not sure how much you frequent gaming subreddits. Defiance sub isn't bad, because it's also not heavily used. Other subs though, such as the ones with Hearthstone or H1Z1, have zero clue what mature discussion is. It doesn't matter what is posted.

If a post in any way is critical of something without using kid gloves, and very explicitly saying what is intended in order to remove any ambiguity, someone will interpret it in the most absolute worst way possible. There's almost no moderation, and so I image it's like what highschool would be like without any rules or consequences. Most Developers, many who probably don't frequent there much, seem to melt over time. They probably expect some form of reasonableness, and half of what they get is pure crazy.

duction
07-07-2014, 01:38 AM
Dude i don`t even know who you are in the game and i can care less about that.

But nice try from you. Peace.

You mean Couldn't care less? Lol

More to the point, just put people on ignore in game.

drackiller
07-07-2014, 01:59 AM
You mean Couldn't care less? Lol

More to the point, just put people on ignore in game.
Ty Duction, some times i only see my bad spelling after reading the post. :)

AceRimmer
07-07-2014, 04:23 AM
Ah well, you can't say I tried, but after talking to Dracula, and seeing the chat zone pics, you do need to stop lying about him being banned from the forums, he's proven himself, when he didn't need to.

Your refusal of a handshake says more about you, than a Billion threads ever could, but i'm sure you'll interpret my meaning in entirely the wrong context.

But hey, due to being a grown up, and being tired of your immaturity, i'm gonna mute you, so you can st...watch me all you want, to your satisfaction, without my time wasted knowing about your comments :D

Have fun shaking the bushes.

oO Gaul Oo
07-07-2014, 04:44 AM
It would seem over the last few months, more prominently than the ones before that there has been this rather dark and horrible culture developing on the game both in Zone/Area Chat and also in private conversations through XBL Parties. One that seems to promote one up-manship over other players, the moderate dis-trust or caution people treat certain clans and players with, also the attitudes certain clans and players have of the greater community and players as a whole.

But for me the one I find most intriguing is the God Complex some players seem to emulate on this game and the persona that they are better than others in every way regarding this game. And when these people clash their is undoubtedly going to be some colourful language used in the exchanges along with the use of derogatory terms. I myself am not exempt from this and have done it on occasion, but like any parasitic virus in a community it spreads. And like many things these days it's ignored and swept under the virtual carpet in this case.

When this game does eventually go F2P soon is this really the image we as a community wish to portray to fresh people ? I would hope not, I like playing this game I really do. Although I find myself periodically having to take sabbaticals because watching the Zone Chat is like watching little kids squabble over trivial things that aren't even real.

These are just my thoughts.. I know that some are going to seriously disagree with them and some might slightly agree with with them. Either way the declination of allowing me to have my own opinion without controversy would be a further illustration of the problem this community has.

eaglesurfing
07-07-2014, 05:51 AM
Unless you own it then you do not have to worry about what your saying in a chat program. Like I always said if you say it or type it in public then they can use it against you. And yes there is a record of it. If you do not think they are not keep it somewhere then you will be sorry somewhere down the road.

Some will say that they do not care and really most of them do not. I really do not because I came to play and not listen to some immature punk trying to get my attention. I can mute you or just turn off that part completely.

I am an admin on some servers and we have the power to just boot you off or ban you from playing all together. So you see it is just up to Trion when it is your turn to go bye bye.

Paster of Muppets
07-07-2014, 06:58 AM
There seems to be a distinct difference between the maturity levels of PC and console players, judging by how bad the chat channels in the console versions of the game supposedly are. Even after the PC version went f2p, and we supposedly "let the trash in".

I'm in a 300+ member clan on PC/EU, and our clan chat is always completely civil, without anyone doing any kind of policing. I think I've seen a grand total of 2 slap fights in zone chat in all of the time I've played. Zone chat seems to be pretty quiet most of the time, but if there's activity, it's people having civil discussion or looking for advice/groups.

As far as colorful language goes, I'm a great fan of it myself. Slurs and personal insults are of course a completely different thing.

In the case of people saying bigoted or otherwise vile things in zone chat, I'd probably follow Miss Manners, who said that pointing out a social faux pas should be avoided, since you now have two disruptions, instead of one. Instead of arguing with the people, just report them, and carry on. Arguing will both give them the attention they want, and possibly make you yourself say something you might regret. I'm sure I've broken this rule myself in the past, even on this forum, but that doesn't mean it isn't a good rule to have.

drackiller
07-07-2014, 11:52 AM
Well this thread is quite dead for me past from this post. I know that i didn`t do anything wrong and the attempt to provoke me, thinking that i`ll really lose my head and try to act like little child it`s a fail.

But i`ll keep calling the trollswhat they are in the WM chamber if need...nevermind, i really have no need for that, the general population on the PS3 EU server knows who they are and they know who the trolss are.
All i can say is CRAWLERS, CRAWLERS everywere. LOL

As for the rest, it would be silly of my part being here trying to defend me from trollish accusations, as i`m starting to look like them. It`s very sad when people have to lie with every fiber of their own beeing just for the looks of innocence.

I`ll keep seeing them in the end of the Score tables, crawling, trying to understand why they fail and fail over and over again.

Bonehead
07-07-2014, 01:55 PM
You guys ever just use mute?

Iceberg
07-07-2014, 04:06 PM
You guys ever just use mute?

If they did that, how would they know the drama is unfolding and come to the forums?

Bonehead
07-07-2014, 04:08 PM
I love the mute function.

Punisher Illinois Blue
07-07-2014, 04:37 PM
Yeah...it's just a bit sad that it happens in Defiance.
I get the usual banter, but not full on insults, sad sad times.

I can tell you why it happens sometimes.

For example you can see that kind of talk from people because I dont know... their friends they have known in real life for 14 years minimum were just labeled as trolls even though most don't even play defiance.

Heres a good one, getting trolled while trying to play coop, ****ers wont get on the base OR keep the whole team from dying even though the boss glitched and the team needs to die to restart match.

Or they start **** because they think there better than every other player because of how high they are in level. You need next to ono skill to be high level in this game.

In someone elses comment I am not going to quote they point out the community is becoming cold and less trusting.

My reply is, why is that a problem. This counts towards life as well, your better off assuming everyone is out to do you harm and screw you over. You stay alive longer not trusting other people.

CRIXDA
07-07-2014, 06:25 PM
See?
I believe that right there, Punisher - is the problem.
The "Everyone is out to screw you over from the beginning" or "trust noone and you won't get hurt" belief is wrong, in my opinion.
How can you think that everyone is so bad? How can people be so jaded?
I don't think that at all. I personally get tired of reading about how "this guy here" is going to bang "this other guy's wife" because. He won't accept a duel challenge and the verbal abuse gets worse.
Look, when does it stop? When "The Company" gives out our personal information and we can go and meet in a Mickey D's parking lot and "duke it out" over this stupid crap because noone has any sense of decorum or even common decency anymore? I am not even starting the useless diatribe over the "elitist attitude of the 5k + level players" again because that isn't germaine to this in the least.
This is about people using a simple and civil mouth to other people - the folks that are being refered to in majority here have none and they are the problem, not the cute little call-outs but the larger issue.
The constant badmouthing, sexual and racial harrasment that goes unchecked and unpoliced and it is beyond tiresome.

drackiller
07-07-2014, 11:48 PM
If they did that, how would they know the drama is unfolding and come to the forums?

So true ;)

drackiller
07-07-2014, 11:49 PM
I love the mute function.

I never use it, but i kinda start agreeing with you Bonehead. Even if only to mantain my sanity. LOL

UncleSpider77
07-08-2014, 12:25 AM
See?
I believe that right there, Punisher - is the problem.
The "Everyone is out to screw you over from the beginning" or "trust noone and you won't get hurt" belief is wrong, in my opinion.
How can you think that everyone is so bad? How can people be so jaded?
I don't think that at all. I personally get tired of reading about how "this guy here" is going to bang "this other guy's wife" because. He won't accept a duel challenge and the verbal abuse gets worse.
Look, when does it stop? When "The Company" gives out our personal information and we can go and meet in a Mickey D's parking lot and "duke it out" over this stupid crap because noone has any sense of decorum or even common decency anymore? I am not even starting the useless diatribe over the "elitist attitude of the 5k + level players" again because that isn't germaine to this in the least.
This is about people using a simple and civil mouth to other people - the folks that are being refered to in majority here have none and they are the problem, not the cute little call-outs but the larger issue.
The constant badmouthing, sexual and racial harrasment that goes unchecked and unpoliced and it is beyond tiresome.

So glad to know ya Crix, you're the coolest dude up in this b

DeadEye68
07-08-2014, 05:51 AM
The "Everyone is out to screw you over from the beginning" or "trust noone and you won't get hurt" belief is wrong, in my opinion. How can you think that everyone is so bad? How can people be so jaded?

In his specific case, it's a mixture of extreme paranoia and deficient social skills. After all, he stated on other threads he doesn't like getting to know new people.
On the other hand, while thinking everyone will backstab you is a sign for serious mental issues, one can't deny everyone may backstab you. In the end you have to make your choice, whether you're an optimist, a pessimist ... or simply cautious.

CRIXDA
07-08-2014, 07:04 AM
There is nothing wrong at all with being cautious, but Sweet Jesus is a helicopter - what are we now... "Zone Chat Doomsday Preppers"?

"If you don't have anything good to say, don't say anything at all."
I don't always live by that but I try. Constructive criticism is a fantastic thing when said in a helpful manner. Like "I would work on this....." but instead you get "CRIXDA, you fcukin' suck" and "Your whole clan is sh!t, Jody" or "why don't you duel me? I will just go and fcuk your wife".
What the hell is that?

Pandur
07-08-2014, 07:11 AM
F2P happened(On PC anyways).

duction
07-08-2014, 07:20 AM
Don't forget this game is rated 18

drackiller
07-08-2014, 07:28 AM
Don't forget this game is rated 18

But for the looks of it ,seems that most must be 10 or less ;)

bigguy
07-08-2014, 07:40 AM
Why is a persons high ego rating automaticaly associated with a bad attitude. Low or high ego means nothing , people are people and thier real life ego and emotions are whats coming into play here. I have had all sorts of people call me all sorts of things because of my ego rating and they dont know me. I sit back and watch lock breakers and the people who use boost at DM arkfalls for no apparent reason at the wrong times and wish they would use thier brains but i dont call them out in chat.

I help out whoever i can no matter what ego they are , whether it be with advice or info and even free ojs if i feel the person can use it and not turn around and try to resell it or trade it needlessly for a profit. There are those people on this game and in the real world who cannot control thier emotions and or trolls who annoy people for fun , They should be ignored or banned.

konstantinov
07-08-2014, 09:15 AM
Why is a persons high ego rating automaticaly associated with a bad attitude. Low or high ego means nothing , people are people and thier real life ego and emotions are whats coming into play here. I have had all sorts of people call me all sorts of things because of my ego rating and they dont know me. I sit back and watch lock breakers and the people who use boost at DM arkfalls for no apparent reason at the wrong times and wish they would use thier brains but i dont call them out in chat.

I help out whoever i can no matter what ego they are , whether it be with advice or info and even free ojs if i feel the person can use it and not turn around and try to resell it or trade it needlessly for a profit. There are those people on this game and in the real world who cannot control thier emotions and or trolls who annoy people for fun , They should be ignored or banned.

I own 8 night clubs. Badaba boopi?

Sorry couldn't help myself Ed.

Bonehead
07-08-2014, 12:37 PM
But for the looks of it ,seems that most must be 10 or less ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oShTJ90fC34

rebtattoo
07-08-2014, 01:01 PM
Gonna play a bit'o Devils Advocate here.

There is a profanity filter and a mute function for a reason.

If you're easily offended by words, by all means, use the damn things. If someone is being abusive and you don't want to retaliate, use one of the tools at your disposal.

I use decorum and tact when called for, but I'll be damned if I'll allow anyone to tell me how to speak. And then, I'll simply tell 'em to fcuk off.

Censorship always defeats it own purpose, for it creates in the end the kind of society that is incapable of exercising real discretion.
Henry Steele Commager

I'm not interested in censorship. I like the First Amendment very much.
Henry Rollin

DeadEye68
07-08-2014, 02:29 PM
I use decorum and tact when called for, but I'll be damned if I'll allow anyone to tell me how to speak. And then, I'll simply tell 'em to fcuk off.

Agreed, the way you talk reflects who you are, what you are. I'd rather deal with an honest trash talker than with some smooth talking, backstabbing hypocrite. I can't help but feel temper has come to be seen as a flaw. It isn't, unless you can't control the throttle.

CRIXDA
07-08-2014, 08:50 PM
"It’s better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than open it and remove all doubt." - Samuel Clemmons

"Just because you could, doesn't mean you should." - Dr. Ian Malcolm

Sure, We CAN use whatever words that we want to and I agree with that.
Reb, I respect you and I agree. Even though my mouth is as filthy as other people's can be, I don't just spout it off unless I need to or I am pissed or I am fired up.
I don't see why people feel the need to steadily troll and argue, I don't care about the profanity as much - my language is a mixture of high-brow vocabulary and gutter-worthy curses, sprinkled with street-rap and swirled with movie quotes and literary classics.
So, it is the attacks that I take issue with.

drackiller
07-09-2014, 12:23 AM
"It’s better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than open it and remove all doubt." - Samuel Clemmons

Reb, I respect you and I agree. Even though my mouth is as filthy as other people's can be, I don't just spout it off unless I need to or I am pissed or I am fired up.
I don't see why people feel the need to steadily troll and argue, I don't care about the profanity as much - my language is a mixture of high-brow vocabulary and gutter-worthy curses, sprinkled with street-rap and swirled with movie quotes and literary classics.

Is this thread still alive!? Your just serving the purpose of the troll that created it.

We the old timers in the forum are bad seeds, we need to be cleansed from the forum don`t you see that?
We are bad.
I was even threatened from a forum member in a PM that i would be this and that if i don`t shut up...and have you seen me beeing offensive in a bad way here?

I always said that i`m neutral, i`ll not defend or attack for the sake of it but if i feel something is wrong i`ll speak.
But like i said in my first month or so in this forum when i have to go, i`ll go on my own and not because someone is telling me to shut up.
But i`m not a victim and i chose to completely ignore that kind of people.

DESTINY is comming and i`ll be on my way soon, this game starts boring me to death and i`m tired with dealing with adolescents and pre adolescents. THIS GAME IS RATED 18 why are those children playing the game?

LOL, i`m breaking my promise of not writing in this thread anymore.

Mia Faith
07-09-2014, 05:08 AM
It was really bad 2 nights ago. I used my mic once and started to get picked on. so i have not turned it on since.

N3gativeCr33p
07-09-2014, 05:12 AM
THIS GAME IS RATED 18 why are those children playing the game?

Two words...

Horrid parenting.

AceRimmer
07-09-2014, 05:16 AM
Two words...

Horrid parenting.

No parenting-because they're playing defiance in another room too :D

Mia Faith
07-09-2014, 05:18 AM
hey my dad trusts me and my older sister. And my dad plays games to. If people want to be jerks ok. all i want is for these jerks to not bother rme. I just want to play

AceRimmer
07-09-2014, 05:18 AM

Don't be in such a hurry to condemn a person because he doesn't do what you do, or think as you think or as fast.
There was a time when you didn't know what you did today- Malcolm X.

N3gativeCr33p
07-09-2014, 05:21 AM
"Nobody can hurt me without my permission." - Gandhi

"Self-respect knows no considerations." - Gandhi

"Peace is its own reward." - Gandhi

AceRimmer
07-09-2014, 05:35 AM
"Nobody can hurt me without my permission." - Gandhi

"Self-respect knows no considerations." - Gandhi

"Peace is its own reward." - Gandhi

“Arguing with anonymous strangers on the Internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be—or to be indistinguishable from—self-righteous sixteen-year-olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.”
― Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon - not aimed at N3gativeCr33p

And for being told that a certain person keeps this board alive, despite his own contradictions and trolling himself lol a quote just for him-
“And yet, will we ever come to an end of discussion and talk if we think we must always reply to replies? For replies come from those who either cannot understand what is said to them, or are so stubborn and contentious that they refuse to give in even if they do understand.”
― Augustine of Hippo, City of God

N3gativeCr33p
07-09-2014, 05:36 AM
"Wish in one hand, shtako in the other. See which one fills up first." - N3gativeCr33p

AceRimmer
07-09-2014, 05:48 AM
"Wish in one hand, shtako in the other. See which one fills up first." - N3gativeCr33p

8 planets
204 countries
809 islands
7 seas
7 billionish people
And I find the only troll in a virtual game- anonymous

"Ace Rimmer, what a guy" every single person who i've met in reality

N3gativeCr33p
07-09-2014, 05:55 AM
"Whatever helps you sleep at night." - my Dad

AceRimmer
07-09-2014, 06:01 AM
"Whatever helps you sleep at night." - my Dad

Fat Ba8tard: I'm not kiddin'. I've got a crap on deck that could choke a donkey. Aww, it's SQUIDGY. Christ, I'm gettin' all emotional from it, ya know?

CRIXDA
07-09-2014, 06:04 AM
Yeah.
This thread is losing validation and is becoming fairly useless but some of these end quotes are funny.
I am done.
Thanks everyone.

AceRimmer
07-09-2014, 06:07 AM
Yeah.
This thread is losing validation and is becoming fairly useless but some of these end quotes are funny.
I am done.
Thanks everyone.

Killing a thread is sometimes the only way, an.... I've got a turtle-head poking out. death to the thread :D

N3gativeCr33p
07-09-2014, 06:13 AM
Meh... only one more day left to wait...

drackiller
07-09-2014, 06:18 AM
I have them in ignore, just so they know ;)

Please some mod close this thread, it was created only for trolling and obviously to put people one against another.