PDA

View Full Version : What are the best areas for gaining 1080 spin, and how to achieve it easily

Dracula Hellsing
07-06-2014, 09:50 AM
Pics or map area descriptions appreciated.
Is there a trick to getting a spin? I've made a lot of spins, 360, 720, but it doesn't always work, sometimes i'm holding a directional button and my quad doesn't move an inch, other times it will spin really slowly.

BIEBERyoloSWAG
07-06-2014, 09:54 AM
Just go to the San Francisco bridge...halfway across the bridge there is a ladder that takes you to the top. Climb the ladder. When you are at the top call out your little atv and drive it off. You will get about 8 spins in thanks to the height

Also you barely move because some cars soon better than others. The little four wheeler works best

Durva360
07-06-2014, 10:04 AM
Get on top of the tower in downtown San Fran. You would be surprised by how many people dont know about this location

hawke
07-06-2014, 10:07 AM
Go on YouTube and look for "San Fran hidden teleport"
Also, when you're in the air, stop pressing forward button. Press the break button when you're in the air and start pressing the left/right turn keys. When you're used to it, you can do some pretty nice 360/720 spin while driving around during arkfall/emergencies.

Dracula Hellsing
07-06-2014, 10:08 AM
thanks, to you all

Rokea
07-06-2014, 03:15 PM
like everyone else has said get to the top of Coit tower and you can do some pretty easy tricks on the hannibal

Odessa
07-06-2014, 04:27 PM
Just go to the San Francisco bridge...halfway across the bridge there is a ladder that takes you to the top. Climb the ladder. When you are at the top call out your little atv and drive it off. You will get about 8 spins in thanks to the height

Also you barely move because some cars soon better than others. The little four wheeler works best

This is how I did it. I remember someone taking me to the tower in Downtown for one character, but I didn't see how he got there to duplicate it for my other characters. The bridge is easily accessible and you can get them all done at once.

SymbolicGamer
07-06-2014, 05:17 PM
1080s made easy.

Step 1: Join Freight Yard.
Step 2: Get on an ATV.
Step 3: Crash into another ATV outside your spawn until it explodes.
Step 4: Position your ATV so that it is occupying the space where the destroyed ATV will respawn.
Step 5: When the destroyed ATV respawns, it acts as a trampoline. Spin around on top of the other ATV for as long as you want.

Note: Sometimes when the destroyed ATV respawns it will push your ATV down instead of up. If that happens, get off and try again.

Rokea
07-06-2014, 05:21 PM
Or go to the top of the Golden Gate bridge like a previous poster, this may be easier than Coit tower. The ladder is there and its part of the Arkbreaker dlc mission

rebtattoo
07-06-2014, 05:53 PM
I used top notch

Dycroft
07-06-2014, 07:10 PM
Actually there's a much more easily and faster accessible spot for getting a 1080 closer to the start of the game, rather than having to go all the way out to Frisco or places like that:

On the way to Kinship Plaza, there is a highway you go down that runs past a Dam; if you turn onto the path across the top of the dam and drive to the other side, you'll see a dirt ramp facing east that overlooks a very steep drop into a valley below. All you have to do is back up a ways from the ramp then floor it towards it with your booster on and jump it - as you're falling do spins and you'll very, very easily hit a 1080. Just be sure to use a Runner, though, not a Roller.

Xaat Xuun
07-06-2014, 08:19 PM
I did mine next to the Overpass

never thought of doing it from atop a tower or Bridge. but the area (I think east) next to the Overpass there is a deep drop (Pit), with some natural ramps to launch off from, the easiest on is on the east side, easy to line up, I'll pop in and take some Screen shots, easier to show then type

Atticus Batman
07-06-2014, 08:25 PM
I did mine off the high roof of Top Notch, as long as you pull it of before hitting the water it counts.

Xaat Xuun
07-06-2014, 08:34 PM
okay here is the Overpass location
http://i1262.photobucket.com/albums/ii601/XaatXuun/Overpassjump01_zpsf0d91809.jpg

here is a image of lining up for the jump (http://i1262.photobucket.com/albums/ii601/XaatXuun/overpassjump02_zpsf662252d.jpg)

here is the image in the air doing a 1080 + (http://i1262.photobucket.com/albums/ii601/XaatXuun/OverpassJump03_zps86d9d62a.jpg)

Odessa
07-06-2014, 08:35 PM
My first character I was able to do at Top Notch with a couple of tries, but couldn't seem to do it for my other character. I started a character on the EU server, which is where I tried by Coit tower. My friend showed me the Golden Gate Bridge and I used this for my other two characters. MUCH easier and a one shot deal for all three pursuits.

EDIT: Xaat Xuun - I seem to recall having difficulty getting the 1080 on that one, but I'll try it with my last character to see if it was a matter of lag at the time.

Xaat Xuun
07-06-2014, 09:36 PM
I think it's possible to get a 1440 off that point, I've been close a couple times. I dunno, maybe I have, you rotate a lot off that one.
Many times (from other spots) I swore I counted where it should be a 1040

and it's the hill that in the target, the smaller ones directly in front of me are harder to get 1080's, only did it once from the small hill/ramp

Roez
07-06-2014, 11:07 PM
The outside very top of Top Notch. It's easier because you can just teleport right there. I hopped on PTR with a low level character without the pursuits, and did it quick. Just boost straight off, once in the air then hit the turn left (or right) button. Here's the vid:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9SIBPbiy6-Q

crazyged
07-07-2014, 01:06 AM
Yeah, Top Notch did it for me - plenty of height to spin until you puke!