PDA

View Full Version : Can someone help in the explanation of the EGO Rating system please?

Halyon
07-07-2014, 04:54 AM
The EGO Rating system is, as I'm sure we can all agree, pretty poorly touched on by the game (at least in my limited experience thusfar). Here is my understanding of how it works as follows - is this correct?

You gain EGO Rating by:
- Completing pursuits (Around 1200 EGO Rating can come from this)
- Filling the XP bar at the bottom which gives you 10 EGO Rating and 1 EGO Unit, can be done 280 times to max out all slots
- Levelling vehicles and weapons (max. 76 EGO Rating per weapon/vehicle)

If this is all true, then I have another question: On the wiki, there is a table which shows the XP bar size increasing as you increase your EGO Rating. Does this mean, for example, if I were to bumrush all the pursuits and get myself to 1200 ER, I would shoot myself in the foot by making all my EGO Units more difficult to acquire?

UnknownHinson
07-07-2014, 05:11 AM
That's pretty close I think XP is 2600 EGO without DLC 5 and 3050 with DLC 5 but I'm not positive. You can also get EGO from episode pursuits and DLC pursuits (requires DLC).

Unless something has changed only getting EGO from XP increases your XP bar size.

Etaew
07-07-2014, 05:21 AM
I have a section dedicated to it on DD: http://www.defiancedata.com/page.php?id=222

Odessa
07-07-2014, 06:20 AM
< snip >
If this is all true, then I have another question: On the wiki, there is a table which shows the XP bar size increasing as you increase your EGO Rating. Does this mean, for example, if I were to bumrush all the pursuits and get myself to 1200 ER, I would shoot myself in the foot by making all my EGO Units more difficult to acquire?

I usually focus on XP first while grinding out kill pursuits and weapon leveling, but that's because I like to know where I stand in terms of XP VS Pursuits. You should get that XP regardless of how you do it, though.