PDA

View Full Version : Would this have fixed WM lockbreakers? and maybe it could stop new players in future

AceRimmer
07-07-2014, 09:35 AM
Someone else might have said it in the past, that i didn't know about, if so, kudos to him/her.

But the 1st time i lockbreaked was because my ego lady said Destroy the locks, and it was confusing to be attacked by other players, without realising why, after all, the ego lady had been about 99% right about everything else in the game.

Maybe the devs could get the actress to say something like "those locks need breaking, but we better make sure there are a lot more arkbreakers here first"

Odessa
07-07-2014, 09:38 AM
I'm gonna say just about every thread which discusses the WM has requested they change this dialogue. I believe we were told they were not going to do this.

Logain
07-07-2014, 09:43 AM
No TRION is adding timers to the Warmaster instance (http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?165628-New-WM-timers). You have 4 mins after the last Volge is killed upstairs before the Warmaster breaks the locks. Looks like there will not be any more lock breakers.

Still don't think that it's a good idea unless TRION does one of the following:

1. Scales the Warmaster correctly or health is lowered. An example is twenty 1000 EGO characters make the Warmaster a TL10. Does this group have any shot of defeating it? NO.

2. Enable us to form a Warmsater group of 20+ before we enter the Warmaster so the group can all be on the same page with strategy and weapons/loadouts.

Currently 6 groups of 4 does not guarantee everyone will be able to enter the same Warmaster instance. So the forming of larger organized groups is going to be needed for this encounter if the timer system is installed.

Deunan
07-07-2014, 10:05 AM
Trick has already said no and has gone as far as even implying that EGO is giving the correct instruction when he was discussing the implementation of timers. Apparently the man has a very different vision about how to engage the Warmaster.

Players will be expected to gather ahead of time before starting the Arkbreak. Upon entering the Arkfall Wreckage, players should not engage the Volge yet, which usually starts with a single Volge Trooper wandering in the back area of the first floor. This time should be spent having players in one instance send out group invites to the other players to allow them to go to the player as leader until all the players are gathered in one instance. At that point the players can then kill the Volge on the first level after which they will have 1 minute to change loadouts for the Warmaster and reload ammo. After dropping into the room, players will have three minutes to gather behind the back or take an appropriate position for the right arm.

This is actually feasible on the PC servers but it pretty much guarantees that PUGs will have a near 100% failure rate as they won't be able to do this. For Xbox and the PS3 in particular this may not be feasible because of all the loading time and disconnect issues that occur when using the go to leader function to get into the Arkfall Wreckage. It's a lousy solution overall which no one asked for but this is the protocol that players will have to adapt to even have a chance at killing the Warmaster after the timers are implemented.

AceRimmer
07-07-2014, 11:25 AM
No TRION is adding timers to the Warmaster instance (http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?165628-New-WM-timers). You have 4 mins after the last Volge is killed upstairs before the Warmaster breaks the locks. Looks like there will not be any more lock breakers.

Still don't think that it's a good idea unless TRION does one of the following:

1. Scales the Warmaster correctly or health is lowered. An example is twenty 1000 EGO characters make the Warmaster a TL10. Does this group have any shot of defeating it? NO.

2. Enable us to form a Warmsater group of 20+ before we enter the Warmaster so the group can all be on the same page with strategy and weapons/loadouts.

Currently 6 groups of 4 does not guarantee everyone will be able to enter the same Warmaster instance. So the forming of larger organized groups is going to be needed for this encounter if the timer system is installed.

I can't imagine trick stating every single secret they have planned for the timed WM, but they must have thought of some probs that will occur by having a short timer.
We'll just have to wait and see what happens, once it's implemented.
At least Trion are Tri-ing :D

dramaQkarri
07-07-2014, 11:30 AM
Judging by the Q&A priorities list...I think it will be many months before we see this WM "fix" in-game. I really hope they put it on the Alpha Test server first.

And one of the first things I will do is take a video of myself trying to solo a WM. It should be hilarious.

drackiller
07-07-2014, 11:34 AM
Judging by the Q&A priorities list...I think it will be many months before we see this WM "fix" in-game. I really hope they put it on the Alpha Test server first.

And one of the first things I will do is take a video of myself trying to solo a WM. It should be hilarious.

LOL,i asked Phantasieto activate the dlcs for me in thePTS for the same purpose :) Guess i`ll have to ask him again.

N3gativeCr33p
07-07-2014, 12:03 PM

Personally, I can't wait to see it! :)

Dracula Hellsing
07-07-2014, 01:07 PM

Have you ever tried to solo the wm? I got stuck in a WM entirely by myself as i called it down when there was an epic san fran DM going on, it's freaky as heck being the only player there :D

Bonehead
07-07-2014, 01:32 PM
No TRION is adding timers to the Warmaster instance (http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?165628-New-WM-timers). You have 4 mins after the last Volge is killed upstairs before the Warmaster breaks the locks.

Auto Troll to the rescue!!

http://www.adorablekidsdressup.com/Cloud%20Nine%20Images/Troll_Dolls/exercise-troll.jpg

07-07-2014, 01:57 PM
just make it so no one under 2500 can do WM unless invited by someone already inside

Deunan
07-07-2014, 02:13 PM

And one of the first things I will do is take a video of myself trying to solo a WM. It should be hilarious.It's actually quite easy to kill the Warmaster soloing it. The harder part is getting an instance all to yourself. The Threat Level scaling for a single EGO 5000+ character is so low that his damage does very little damage to a high capacity shield so you can dispense with the use of most protection perks and max out your perk loadout for damage multipliers and EGO regeneration boost increases. Combined with power stims and damage spikes he will die rather easily within the allotted time period.

dramaQkarri
07-07-2014, 02:21 PM
It's actually quite easy to kill the Warmaster soloing it. The harder part is getting an instance all to yourself. The Threat Level scaling for a single EGO 5000+ character is so low that his damage does very little damage to a high capacity shield so you can dispense with the use of most protection perks and max out your perk loadout for damage multipliers and EGO regeneration boost increases. Combined with power stims and damage spikes he will die rather easily within the allotted time period.

Interesting. Well when they make the change to timers it seems like it will be much easier to have the instance to yourself...provided they fix DC issue we get on PS3 trying to enter.

Bonehead
07-07-2014, 03:14 PM
Interesting. Well when they make the change to timers it seems like it will be much easier to have the instance to yourself...provided they fix DC issue we get on PS3 trying to enter.

We should get a pool going for who gets closest to the avg number of players in the instance when the troll timerhttp://www.adorablekidsdressup.com/Cloud%20Nine%20Images/Troll_Dolls/exercise-troll.jpgstrikes. I would bet 9 to 11.

drackiller
07-08-2014, 12:23 AM
We should get a pool going for who gets closest to the avg number of players in the instance when the troll timerhttp://www.adorablekidsdressup.com/Cloud%20Nine%20Images/Troll_Dolls/exercise-troll.jpgstrikes. I would bet 9 to 11.

You know, i bet that when the change happens we will hear people doing what they do now in the chamber.
We will start to hear people calling others not to open the vents ...LOL

Deunan
07-08-2014, 02:08 PM
You know, i bet that when the change happens we will hear people doing what they do now in the chamber.
We will start to hear people calling others not to open the vents ...LOLNot going to happen. There's going to be a 1 minute timer on the vents. What people will complain about is the attacking of the lone Volge Trooper in the back of the room before enough players show up because that's what triggers the rest of the Volge dropping down into the room.

hardy83
07-08-2014, 02:34 PM
You want to fix WM?
Nerf the crap out of him so he's as easy as any other major arkfall boss.
Add an "expert" entrance at the front or back that you can only enter if you are in a "raid" group, which will be a new feature. At which your raid is given its own instance and only that raid can enter it.

Nerf the chance of an OJ with the normal boss.
Increase the drop quality (including amount of xp, scrip, salvage and arkforge) of the expert version, as well as giving 1 extra drop. Also make him harder due to far superior organization of the raid.

Do this for any future instanced "boss" like WM.
Have a normal and raid version.

Atticus Batman
07-08-2014, 02:41 PM
just make it so no one under 2500 can do WM unless invited by someone already inside

How would that fix anything? A good portion of the lockbreakers are high egos that just don't care.

Bonehead
07-08-2014, 03:44 PM
Not going to happen. There's going to be a 1 minute timer on the vents. What people will complain about is the attacking of the lone Volge Trooper in the back of the room before enough players show up because that's what triggers the rest of the Volge dropping down into the room.

But then the last Volge would have a suicide pill!

drackiller
07-09-2014, 12:32 AM
Not going to happen. There's going to be a 1 minute timer on the vents. What people will complain about is the attacking of the lone Volge Trooper in the back of the room before enough players show up because that's what triggers the rest of the Volge dropping down into the room.
Yeah i realized yesterday in another thread that there will be 2 timers, i initially thought that the timer was only for the chamber.
My bad.