PDA

View Full Version : People.. Stop asking for 'improvements', please :)

Riz
07-07-2014, 04:56 PM
Come to think about it, 'we' should really stop asking for huge changes and nerfs.

'We' asked for the game to be more challenging... 'We' ended up with everybody below 5k EGO insta-dying when a high ego runs into the area.

'We' asked for more options to reroll our weapons and upgrade rarity... 'We' ended up needing rare arkforge for everything, which can be bought at the store for ridiculous prices (or grind until you drop from your chair from exhaustion).

'We' asked for a solution to stop lock-breakers at WM... 'We' are getting a timer giving us only a few minutes before the locks auto-break.

'We' asked for changes in expert coops in case low ego's queue'd... 'We' ended up with low ego's now being unable to access their paid content on their own.

Feel free to add to this list, but what it comes down to is that we should really stop asking for 'improvements'. It does not make things better lol! Holding my heart for the coming 'Cloak-fix', which will without a doubt break things that weren't meant to be broken.

Bonehead
07-07-2014, 04:58 PM
Holding my heart for the coming 'Cloak-fix', which will without a doubt break things that weren't meant to be broken.

This aint your first rodeo.

Riz
07-07-2014, 05:04 PM
Nah, it isnt lol... Cloak isnt broken, its the EGO-recharge rolls on some weapons and the perks that help stack it to ridiculous heights that are the problem and give the ability to an everlasting Cloak (which isnt supposed to be happening). But Cloak itself is perfectly fine. 'Fixing' Cloak is just going to encouradge everlasting shimmer, blur or overcharge haha. Doesnt solve a thing. :)

Deunan
07-07-2014, 05:37 PM
'We' asked for the game to be more challenging... 'We' ended up with everybody below 5k EGO insta-dying when a high ego runs into the area.I'm not sure what game you're playing but scaling of mobs has been nerfed so many times in so many ways that this simply is no longer true. I've done Co-ops, Conflict Sites, Arkfalls and Incursion/Sieges alongside low EGO players and by and large their survival rate is pretty good.

'We' asked for more options to reroll our weapons and upgrade rarity... 'We' ended up needing rare arkforge for everything, which can be bought at the store for ridiculous prices (or grind until you drop from your chair from exhaustion).I see no issue with this. We have the ability to do something we couldn't before and you're complaining because it's no being handed to you on a silver platter. Before you had to grind to even just get a low chance of getting a Legendary weapon out of a lock box so how is grinding to get a guaranteed one by upgrading the rarity on a weapon any worse, especially when an entire line of weapons (Arkbreaker weapons) also give guaranteed rarity bonuses?

'We' asked for a solution to stop lock-breakers at WM... 'We' are getting a timer giving us only a few minutes before the locks auto-break.This isn't in response to asking for solutions to stop lock breakers. It's a response to player's trying to impose their will upon and bully other players for refusing to wait ludicrous amounts of time so they can zerg the Warmaster and for being rude unhelpful a**hats to new players rather than politely explaining to them why it's good reason to wait for additional players before breaking the locks. It would have happened regardless of whether we asked for solutions to lock breaking or not based on the actual in-game behavior of "veterans" towards other players.

Their actual response to the only request that's really mattered regarding Major Arkbreaks (raid tools) has been a flat no.

'We' asked for changes in expert coops in case low ego's queue'd... 'We' ended up with low ego's now being unable to access their paid content on their own.I'm not seeing the issue here. Fairness aside, the "we" that asked for this were happy with the change when it was implemented.

That's what this boils down to. You don't want a change because it will impact negatively on your gameplay. Your opinion that Cloak isn't imbalanced is exactly that. The player concerns over Cloak long predate the existence of Quartermaster Zaggers with zero reload time. That's a separate issue unto itself regardless of what EGO power it's coupled with. It's just that Cloak creates the most problematic synergy with the build because of the pre-existing player concerns about Cloak.

hawke
07-07-2014, 06:20 PM
Stop getting so worked up over cloak change. It's OP, and it prevent other powers from being used. Diversity is what people aim for. You cant go to PvP and expect everyone to use the same thing all day everyday. Making cloak shimmer when moving doesnt affect anything but PvP. If you're gonna 1 shot people with a 0.0 zagger, atleast give them a chance to fight back. Is it even fun to run around, 1 shotting people while being invisible? Do you really feel better about yourself doing that?:rolleyes:

mikeel
07-07-2014, 11:26 PM
I still want to know if he's joking or not about Sniper Rifles and SMG's being shyte in pvp.....

I want an improvement NPC's that aren't pushovers like the Grid the game is boring enough already.

drackiller
07-08-2014, 12:08 AM
Come to think about it, 'we' should really stop asking for huge changes and nerfs.

'We' asked for the game to be more challenging... 'We' ended up with everybody below 5k EGO insta-dying when a high ego runs into the area.

'We' asked for more options to reroll our weapons and upgrade rarity... 'We' ended up needing rare arkforge for everything, which can be bought at the store for ridiculous prices (or grind until you drop from your chair from exhaustion).

'We' asked for a solution to stop lock-breakers at WM... 'We' are getting a timer giving us only a few minutes before the locks auto-break.

'We' asked for changes in expert coops in case low ego's queue'd... 'We' ended up with low ego's now being unable to access their paid content on their own.

Feel free to add to this list, but what it comes down to is that we should really stop asking for 'improvements'. It does not make things better lol! Holding my heart for the coming 'Cloak-fix', which will without a doubt break things that weren't meant to be broken.

Riz, you should know better than this. It`s a waste of your time m8, save it for the game.
I start to see a pattern from some people that one day they say one thing and other day they say another thing.

Let them change what ever they think it`s (not) best for the game and we will decide later what to do.
I know i will.

Riz
07-08-2014, 02:07 AM
You're right Drac, wtf am i ranting about no? They gonna nerf it anyways, and after that these forums will be flooded with topics that Cloak became too easy to detect and is greatly underpowered. For me, i will still have that 10% EGO recharge bonus on my Zagger and can easily switch Cloak out to be replaced with Blur and run fast all the time with very high bunnyhops. It's cool, i'll drop it here and want to end with a quote from another topic from Duction, who i think has it nailed.

You guys think this is going to make pvp better? Lol you do realise all the best pvp players will see you more and snipe/canker you to death over and over and over....

At first I though it's going to suck but then I realised it's going to make pvp worse for the noobs who can't aim to save their lives and no hiding for them either.

Bring it on I say :)