PDA

View Full Version : Great bit of voice acting

Jirdain
07-08-2014, 09:05 AM
Every once in a while during a big siege or arkfall a female character will exclaim:

"This is AWESOME!!!"

Great job by the voice artist! I can envision the actress shouting that line dozens of times in the studio. Also good work by the recording engineer to capture the performance, the voice director to elicit the performance, and the developer who has that line triggered at just the perfect moment during an event.

Anybody else have a favorite character line?

Kanah
07-08-2014, 09:31 AM
"Oooh, a big one!"

Dracula Hellsing
07-08-2014, 09:33 AM
Every once in a while during a big siege or arkfall a female character will exclaim:

"This is AWESOME!!!"

Great job by the voice artist! I can envision the actress shouting that line dozens of times in the studio. Also good work by the recording engineer to capture the performance, the voice director to elicit the performance, and the developer who has that line triggered at just the perfect moment during an event.

"MMM, petrol" -in raider style voice
"Fire in the h..." ended by me, as raider was blown away, not finishing the line, makes for a more immersive experience.

dramaQkarri
07-08-2014, 09:42 AM
I like the dark matter snipers line "target in sight" - especially when I interrupt it and it turns into that classic scream they do.

I love to hear that line when I'm at a DM arkfall cuz then I get to go find them for a quick kill that helps everyone else out a little bit!

SirServed
07-08-2014, 11:19 AM

"This is AWESOME!!!"

That's a Maverick voice activating Overcharge btw.

Favorite Line - Dark Matter Enforcer: F*** this s*** planet! (says after leaving drop ship outside an Arkbreak)

Runner-Up - Raider Blaster: I need to calm, the f***, down. (sneak up on him and just listen to what he says)

CM Kiwibird
07-08-2014, 12:16 PM
I'm actually just really fond of my character's laugh.

N3gativeCr33p
07-08-2014, 12:19 PM
"MY BRAIN IS ON FIIIIIIIIRE!"

That's a Maverick voice activating Overcharge btw.

Maverick says: "You're welcome." :)

http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r67/N3gativeCr33p/maverick_zpsb1a62314.gif

UncleSpider77
07-08-2014, 12:32 PM
Was the dm monitor voiced by the same guy who does Lrrr from the planet Omicron Persei 8 lol?

I could swear once when I used a heal stim a raider mob called me a "F**king Junkie!"
Actually, I never heard it again so I'm not sure anymore.

dramaQkarri
07-08-2014, 12:34 PM

You have the lunatic voice on? Hearing my 2 friends that both have lunatic laugh at nearly the same time pretty much has me ROFL.

UncleSpider77
07-08-2014, 12:34 PM

Female psycho voice? That's what my wife runs and that laugh is priceless!

CM Kiwibird
07-08-2014, 12:35 PM
You have the lunatic voice on? Hearing my 2 friends that both have lunatic laugh at nearly the same time pretty much has me ROFL.

Definitely. :o

Kershoc
07-08-2014, 12:36 PM

Female Lunatic voice pack has to be my absolute fav. #1 reason that maniacal laugh when you get a crit kill. #2 reason That voice pack talks more smack then any of the other it seems.

Jack_Pryce
07-08-2014, 02:16 PM
I always liked Cass's combat lines, especially the way she says 'Here we go.' She just sounds super energetic and ready to rumble.

BlackTalons
07-08-2014, 04:24 PM
I just love when my character says "They never learn" and EGO follows up with "They never had a chance"

samuelsinn
07-08-2014, 09:27 PM
Female Lunatic voice pack has to be my absolute fav. #1 reason that maniacal laugh when you get a crit kill. #2 reason That voice pack talks more smack then any of the other it seems.

first time i created my toon i chcked out all the voices and the lunatic was the one i fell in love with. she talks more smack . she laughs like a nut in a nut house and i just down right love it over all

agiantmudcrab
07-09-2014, 07:29 AM
The "Lunatic" laugh is very good. I personally love what they did with the players voice actors. However , it is unfortunate that some of the main characters in the game got a recast. But , it happens so what are you gonna do.

Imaru
07-09-2014, 11:18 AM
The "Lunatic" laugh is very good. I personally love what they did with the players voice actors. However , it is unfortunate that some of the main characters in the game got a recast. But , it happens so what are you gonna do.
Cry........

3rdpig
07-09-2014, 05:07 PM
My wife uses the voice that every now and again says "Oooh, I LOVE this job!", that has to be one of my favorite lines from ark hunter voices. I like my character voice when he says "Did you see that?" after an awesome kill shot.

Of the enemy voices, I have to admit I love the Dark Matter Lieutenant in "No finer place" who, in a deep and commanding voice, says "Know, that death at the hands of Dark Matter is a great honor", then you shoot him and his voice goes all weaselly and annoyed and he says "F**k, that hurt!". Cracks me up every time!