PDA

View Full Version : Let's talk about SMG's

XCL Grindin
07-08-2014, 08:26 PM
We have a lot of free to play people jumping on Defiance so I wanted to put together some weapon vids to help explain some things. I hope this helps out and I am always looking for comments and suggestions. Have a great day all.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jlgR-zRZElQ

PTR47
07-08-2014, 11:39 PM
I took some time to decide what my favourite SMG would be:
Castithan Springer Quartermaster or VOT Pulser Prepared (VOT Pulser QM would be fine)
Nano: Radiation
Mag, Reload, Damage Rolls; no crit or fire rate rolls.

Critical Errors
07-09-2014, 04:27 AM
My highest scoring SMG:

Vot Pulser
Cannoneer
Bio
Reload
Reload
Accuracy
Accuracy
Ego on Reload
DMG

This thing is incredibly accurate, and because of the proc chance, it tends to trigger alot of opportunist points. I almost sold it to the vendor when I saw the accuracy roll as the blue roll. Now I can't stand my less accurate SMGs :(

Zhedda
07-09-2014, 06:36 AM
You excluded FRC Sub-Carbines. Those do the most damage, per bullet, of any SMG. Good for fights where you need to conserve your ammo.

Festival
07-09-2014, 06:56 AM
I took some time to decide what my favourite SMG would be:
Castithan Springer Quartermaster or VOT Pulser Prepared (VOT Pulser QM would be fine)
Nano: Radiation
Mag, Reload, Damage Rolls; no crit or fire rate rolls.

That's not too far from my Springer, which dropped as an OJ long ago:
Run-n-Gun
Radiation Nano
Mag
Reload
Mag
EGO recharge
Fire Rate

It currently does 2828/shot and has a 111-round mag capacity, 17.3 fire rate, 1.2 reload, and 0.06 bloom. It's been a go-to for a long time, although I tend to use a Perforator more of the time now. Definitely my WM armor-breaker of choice.

Deunan
07-09-2014, 01:51 PM
We have a lot of free to play people jumping on Defiance so I wanted to put together some weapon vids to help explain some things. I hope this helps out and I am always looking for comments and suggestions. Have a great day all.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jlgR-zRZElQYou might want to provide some information about effective range for full damage/falloff damage. It's extremely relevant for weapons with short ranges such as shotguns, pistols and SMG's. You also might want to mention the fact that SMG's have the best hip accuracy of all the fully automatic weapons in the game and what kind of advantages that provides.

XCL Grindin
07-10-2014, 12:08 PM
You might want to provide some information about effective range for full damage/falloff damage. It's extremely relevant for weapons with short ranges such as shotguns, pistols and SMG's. You also might want to mention the fact that SMG's have the best hip accuracy of all the fully automatic weapons in the game and what kind of advantages that provides.

You are absolutely correct Deunan. I will work on that info for next weeks vid. TY sir.

XCL Grindin
07-10-2014, 12:10 PM
You excluded FRC Sub-Carbines. Those do the most damage, per bullet, of any SMG. Good for fights where you need to conserve your ammo.

Zhedda thanks for your comment. I actually remembered them AFTER I completed the vid so I'll try to go back over them in another vid. TY.

TheOz
07-10-2014, 12:37 PM
3 0