PDA

View Full Version : Idea: Rarity above legendary, available with caeruleum cores

Alexri
07-09-2014, 12:17 AM
As most people know, the weapons available for caeruleum cores aren't good. Some are "meh", others range all the way down to "why on Earth does this 5k+ core-only legendary have a blue roll as the orange one???". Mods are nice, but it would be nice to have something else worthwhile.

My idea is to add a rarity above legendary that is only available to upgrade to with caeruleum cores. This rarity would get the same 5% damage bonus from the rarity as when upgrading to orange, as well as give the player a choice of which of the orange rolls to get a second one of. That means that when you upgraded you would be asked to pick a orange roll and then that would be on top of the rolls already there. That way it's a substantial bonus, but still nothing game breaking, and the choice means that you won't waste weeks worth of cores on a crap upgrade

Upgrading this way would also give you the option of choosing to switch the weapon to the chimera or paradise synergy, or keep the same. That way you would be able to turn the weapon into one that benefits from the legendary mods, but it would be a choice to do so.

Price-wise I'm thinking 40 cores is a good price. That would keep these new weapons rare (nontradeable would be a must too), and limit the availability of them to one per month, or per two month if you also want a full set of mods.

I think this would make the whole daily grind thing even more appealing than it is, and give cores a non-mod use that isn't a stupid joke. Perhaps also make the Paradise weekly contract something that isn't expert-only, allowing lower level players who can't tag along with 5k+ers the ability to start earning cores earlier at a rate of 3/week.

Piers
07-09-2014, 05:02 AM
This is an awesome idea, quickly call KIWI!!!

Midori Oku
07-09-2014, 06:04 AM
I would rather it be a rarity above legendary that you have to find.

Chump Norris
07-09-2014, 06:11 AM
I do not like the idea of a new rarity because it would probably add a new currencies or an existing currency to be added to the bit store.

N3gativeCr33p
07-09-2014, 06:11 AM
I dont like the idea of a new rarity because it would probably add a new currencies or an existing currency to be added to the bit store.

I couldn't agree more.

Zhedda
07-09-2014, 06:18 AM
I have a better idea. Put standard synergy T5 mods on all the mod vendors, and have them cost 10 cores, per the Chimera/Paradise synergies. That will never happen, though, because you can buy T4 mods with bits, so it would ruin that potential source of income.

konstantinov
07-09-2014, 08:37 AM
This isn't borderlands 2.

dramaQkarri
07-09-2014, 08:44 AM
I don't plan on playing this game for endless weeks to collect 10 cores weekly. I was thinking about it the other day, didn't do the math but how LONG it would take to collect all the OJ Paradise & Chimera weapons and get them fully modded. We're talking astronimical unreasonable numbers.

I COULD farm cores on my other 3 toons to get 40 every week...but that sounds oh so grindy. Can't imaging doing each co-op 4 times a day until the end of time. Bored grindy meh.

Cavadus
07-09-2014, 09:24 AM
Not interested, personally. This doesn't add anything worthwhile to the game for me. It's not new stuff but just more regurgitations of what we already have with yet another tier of stats. That's the entire loot chase already. The expanded salvage matrix options Trick talked about in the last Q & A would be better.

I'd rather see new weapons and new weapon types released (*COUGH* BATTLE RIFLES PLEASE, SIR *COUGH).