PDA

View Full Version : Defiance is broken for me.

nexx
07-09-2014, 02:01 PM
Everytime I spawn I'm in a First-Person view and I can't shoot. I walk straight through vendors and even sometimes the ground is missing. Other times, I fall through the ground endlessly and if I log out I get stuck on a black screen. Anyone know what's going on?

Iceberg
07-09-2014, 02:33 PM
sounds like a problem, what system are you on?

Atticus Batman
07-09-2014, 02:37 PM
Did that happen right after you downloaded the latest patch? If so you can look through your system to find the defiance folder and delete the newest patch. It will be re-installed when you load up the game. If that doesn't fix it, then you may have to try re-installing the whole game. If you still have issues you may need to contact customer support.

nexx
07-09-2014, 02:55 PM
I'm on Xbox, I tried deleting the Title Update and that didn't work. Not very well anyways, it seemed to have fixed it but Dark Matter Monitors were invisible and the map was all black except the area I was in. I tried logging out and got perma-black screened again.

nexx
07-10-2014, 03:04 AM
My game is still broken, I put an in-game support ticket and woke up this morning with a game I CANT play. I paid 60 bucks for this game, quit for a year and come back to a game that is just as broken as I left it. Come on Trion.

marv1
07-10-2014, 04:12 AM
Delete everything in your defiance folder except your settings file on your 360 HDD as it has been corrupted by patching over a previous patched version. Corruption can happen and has happened to me before with defiance patching and deleting everything except your settings file and then reinstall and patch and it will be back to normal

nexx
07-10-2014, 04:14 AM
Delete everything in your defiance folder except your settings file on your 360 HDD as it has been corrupted by patching over a previous patched version. Corruption can happen and has happened to me before with defiance patching and deleting everything except your settings file and then reinstall and patch and it will be back to normal

I'm trying that now, appreciate the response. I don't have a very swift connection so it'll take me a little while. Will get back to this thread once the patch is complete.

marv1
07-10-2014, 04:17 AM
No probs, happy to help

N3gativeCr33p
07-10-2014, 05:22 AM
Delete everything in your defiance folder except your settings file on your 360 HDD as it has been corrupted by patching over a previous patched version.

This would've been my suggestion as well... it has also happened to me - more than once! :mad:

nexx
07-10-2014, 07:28 AM
Gotta love Defiance, game freezes during the patch and corrupts it and I have to re-download it AGAIN. What a piece of work you have here Trion, I can really tell you put your heart in soul into it.