PDA

View Full Version : Message to SCAPES

firemist
07-10-2014, 10:21 AM
Good morning,

I suppose coming in to the office today and seeing the state of the forums regarding today's patch modification to the Warmaster event has you preoccupied, and rightly so. Last I counted, more than 200 posts in less than 12 hours on this issue. Can't recall such traffic in a year of gameplay.....Were I a Trion employee, I would be at the very minimum concerned.

So as part of the minority alluded to by Trick, with more than 1600 hours of play in this game, and hundreds of dollars spent in Defiance's store, which is a small contribution to your revenue, would it be too much to ask you for a reply, an opinion, a comment or whatever you may feel like to write, in this forum regarding today's controversy ?

Hoping to hear from you soon......

squidgod2000
07-10-2014, 10:37 AM
hundreds of dollars spent in Defiance's store

Which in the minds of Trion means they've already gotten your money and that you're unlikely to spend more, as you've already bought your inventory slots, you know that the lockboxes are a scam, have tons of outfits, etc. Why should they waste their time with you? They need to cater to the new players and ensure they stick around long enough to buy outfits and inventory slots.

Trion doesn't want cynical veterans--they want optimistic noobs. Welcome to the F2P business model.

firemist
07-10-2014, 10:43 AM
Which in the minds of Trion means they've already gotten your money and that you're unlikely to spend more, as you've already bought your inventory slots, you know that the lockboxes are a scam, have tons of outfits, etc. Why should they waste their time with you? They need to cater to the new players and ensure they stick around long enough to buy outfits and inventory slots.

Trion doesn't want cynical veterans--they want optimistic noobs. Welcome to the F2P business model.

Such cynicism.....you know, I rather get kissed than getting.....

Roez
07-10-2014, 10:44 AM
Good morning,

I suppose coming in to the office today and seeing the state of the forums regarding today's patch modification to the Warmaster event has you preoccupied, and rightly so. Last I counted, more than 200 posts in less than 12 hours on this issue. Can't recall such traffic in a year of gameplay.....Were I a Trion employee, I would be at the very minimum concerned.

So as part of the minority alluded to by Trick, with more than 1600 hours of play in this game, and hundreds of dollars spent in Defiance's store, which is a small contribution to your revenue, would it be too much to ask you for a reply, an opinion, a comment or whatever you may feel like to write, in this forum regarding today's controversy ?

Hoping to hear from you soon......

Seriously, it's been a very long time since I was personally offended by something any developer anywhere said. I don't hold myself out as an unreasonable person. I try to help with testing over on the PTS as much as I can, with reddit posts passing information along, and generally help where I can (as limited as it is). I've even tried to play devil's advocate in light of various issue, etc., to make sure the hard working devs don't get blamed for circumstances out of their control.

This whole thing just makes me go, "hmm." To be clear, I don't mind the timer change. I rarely do the event as it is, as the whole experience has grown tiresome.

dramaQkarri
07-10-2014, 10:46 AM

Ignore squid, he's always on the other side of things.

Regarding an apology? Nah, we won't get one. We won't even get acknowledgement that this is a major screw up and even if TD had instead insulted the minority of players it's still FLAT OUT WRONG to insult any of your customers. Even when they insult you.

Basically, color me gone. GTA until Destiny. I may pop into Defiance and I'm not going to sell my stuff or delete my toons but I'll be conspicuously absent. Gotta tell me clan to feel free to demote me. No sense trying to be a leader if I'm not there.

Heartlight
07-10-2014, 10:47 AM
firemist, this was a very well constructed request and I truly hope you get a reply.

To be fair, you should probably adjust your post # to account for repeat posters... I won't mention names.

skepticck
07-10-2014, 10:56 AM

You should know by now that with this Trion team you never get kissed, you only get ..... over and over again :D

firemist
07-10-2014, 10:59 AM
firemist, this was a very well constructed request and I truly hope you get a reply.

To be fair, you should probably adjust your post # to account for repeat posters... I won't mention names.

Yeah, which actually impacts the credibility of the thread

SxB_xPUDDYTATx
07-10-2014, 10:59 AM
more than likely you a)wont get any kind of answer and b)get banned for 24 hours for calling out a dev by name.

wether your polite or not, they get their feel goods hurt pretty easy.