PDA

View Full Version : Defiance 2.1 Alter Ego, look at all the cool new stuff.

Nefarious
07-10-2014, 10:23 AM
Everyone is so focused on the War Master that all this new cool stuff is getting over looked. The hell with the War Master. No Vets are going to be playing the WM event on the launch of the new update anyway with a new landmass to explore and new Rep Vendors with new gear check out and play with. Let the F2P players deal with the WM and get stomped until the whole thing rolls over. This isn't the first time something apocalyptic was introduced to the game. Eventually things will get tweaked with the War Master to accommodate the smaller group sizes that will end up fighting it because of this change.

Anyway check out the new cool stuff.

http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?166823-Defiance-2.1-–-Alter-Ego&p=1552858&viewfull=1#post1552858

Season 2: Episode 4: Alter EGO
Karl Von Bach is alive! The prodigal CEO returns and is gathering followers to join him in Silicon Valley. Not only is he back from the dead, but he’s giving out free EGO implants to anyone who wants them. Azumi Yoshida and the Von Bach Industries board is looking for keen ark hunters to investigate this miraculous resurrection...

This mission goes live on Monday, July 14th at 12PM PDT!

New Factions: The Tarr Family and the Defiant Few!
New factions appear San Francisco! Time to form a rocky alliance with the Tarr Family, and word has it that Camden Pace has started recruiting for "The Defiant Few." She's offering rewards of powerful new technologies for anyone that will help her cause...

New contracts, vendors, and vehicles will be available to play, earn, or buy!

This content goes live on Monday, July 14th at 12PM PDT!

GENERAL FIXES
* Updated the Warmaster Arkbreak:
- The "Open Vents" objective now has a 30-second timer. The event progresses once this timer expires.
- The "Break Locks" objective now has a 3-minute timer and auto-advances after that time. The locks are still vulnerable during this time.
- Further details may be found in a thread from Scapes and Trick, here: http://forums.defiance.com/showthrea...n-Defiance-2.1
* Pursuits: The Snake's Bite I & II: The objectives now advance if any "Formidable" Hulker is killed, instead of only "Formidable" Infected Hulkers.
* Emergencies will no longer ambush players at The Fork.
* Fixed a bug causing clan boosts for salvage and score to terminate early, most noticeably when the servers restarted.
* Mission replay is now available per mission line, rather than for all story missions at once!
* Prevented certain lock-on projectiles from striking their target through walls.

ITEMS
* Chimera Vendor: When purchasing Arkforge, you now get five times the Arkforge payout for the same low price!
* Tier 2 and Tier 3 lock boxes have had their Arkforge drop rates adjusted. The Keycode price to Arkforge payout ratio is now best when opening Tier 4 lock boxes.
* Shrill screeching effect now properly plays from shrill grenades.

ART
* Did general polish on a number of Castithan female outfits.
* Fixed a seam on the Grim Nomad outfit.
* Cleaned up some detailing on one of the Biohazard outfits.
* Fixed a bug that caused a white polygon to appear while wearing some Biohazard battler armors.

squidgod2000
07-10-2014, 10:29 AM
Hooray! New currencies to grind!

ConcreteSnake
07-10-2014, 10:29 AM
I'm definitely excited for new vendors and new landmass, too bad we have to wait til monday

PseudoCool
07-10-2014, 10:33 AM
Sounds very promising. Hopefully it'll not be a total glitch-fest so that we can all enjoy it :)

PseudoCool
07-10-2014, 10:35 AM
* Tier 2 and Tier 3 lock boxes have had their Arkforge drop rates adjusted. The Keycode price to Arkforge payout ratio is now best when opening Tier 4 lock boxes.

Hmm.. I wonder if someone's been paying attention to the forums! And don't worry.. I'm still in the process of doing the lockbox test on RNG (not just for Arkforge).. so this means it's a perfect time to roll up a new character to 1000 over the weekend and get it cranking :) And frankly.. I've yet to pull a single piece of AF from a T4 box, so any change to up that will be most welcome.

hiban
07-10-2014, 10:44 AM
I think they have left T4 boxes untouched and nerfed T3s and T2s. At least that's what they commented in a thread last week.

squidgod2000
07-10-2014, 10:45 AM
And frankly.. I've yet to pull a single piece of AF from a T4 box, so any change to up that will be most welcome.

I've gotten about a 15% AF drop rate from T4's, but my sample size is pretty small (~50). Quantity-wise, they drop the same amount of AF as T2's.

TheOz
07-10-2014, 10:50 AM
Sounds very promising. Hopefully it'll not be a total glitch-fest so that we can all enjoy it :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gFhrMiEvwYA

bigguy
07-10-2014, 10:51 AM
My mind is made up nefarious is definitly a troll.

Strykewolf
07-10-2014, 10:52 AM
Howdy. <<waves>>

The WM thing has become a non-issue for me since I no longer bother to go unless I happen to be beside it. It's buggy, glitchy, and doesn't scale properly. <<shrugs>> That said, I've only played around a month and am one of those F2P players. I like the game, overall, at times...it can be rather frustrating when the buggy/glitchy/wtf just happened stuff kicks in.

Looking forward to new stuff to do. Looking forward to the various bugs, and the like, being fixed as well.

Roez
07-10-2014, 10:54 AM

This is one of those things where I wanted to post something to trim people's expectations, without coming across as an entitled whiner.

Unfortunately though, I fully expect there to be broken stuff with this new content, which will make part of it unplayable. It will get fixed no doubt. It will just take time.

SxB_xPUDDYTATx
07-10-2014, 10:56 AM
so, let me get this straight...

trion is going to add all of this new stuff into the game on the 14th. history has taught me that this should make the game almost unplayable for 5-7 days while they patch it 3-5 more times to fix all that Alter Ego breaks.

in the midst of that unplayable time, the destiny beta begins on ps3 and ps4, so im guessing that the ps3 servers will be barren and lonely. im pretty sure that i see the final nails being driven into the proverbial coffin.

Big Jack Shepard
07-10-2014, 10:57 AM
My mind is made up nefarious is definitly a troll. You are about a year or so behind on that realization.

TheOz
07-10-2014, 11:07 AM
You are about a year or so behind on that realization.

I was going to post that I don't think Nef is a troll just a contrarian until I realized that I THINK that's the definition of a Troll.

ps - I love you Nef, but even you got to admit that where you post there is fire.

Nefarious
07-10-2014, 11:08 AM
How is this a troll post??

Everything said is true. No one is going to be playing the WM for the time being with all this new stuff to play with. The WM event is not going to be seeing the high number of Vets participating in the event as once was with free 2 play in full effect because the legion of F2P players were going to break the locks prematurely with or without this update anyway. And we know this.

But at least with one negative change happing to the game we are also getting a bunch of positive ones as well.

Nefarious
07-10-2014, 11:11 AM
ps - I love you Nef, but even you got to admit that where you post there is fire.

Za-za-za-zagger-zagger-zagger-cloak-cloak-cloak-zagger....BIG BOOMER!

The magic conjuring words for my fire storm spell.

Clarity Page
07-10-2014, 11:32 AM
I'm definitely excited for new vendors and new landmass, too bad we have to wait til mondayI hate to be the bearer of bad news but i dont think we are getting the new landmass yet, they said it would be roughly around the middle of season 2 so we have a couple more show episodes to go if not 4

Nefarious
07-10-2014, 11:43 AM
I hate to be the bearer of bad news but i dont think we are getting the new landmass yet, they said it would be roughly around the middle of season 2 so we have a couple more show episodes to go if not 4

hmm yeah your right.. its probably just a lead up mission.

Zombie Stark
07-10-2014, 01:27 PM
New stuff is always fun. Hope these vendors got some cool unique stuff! :cool:

Holy Bahamut3
07-10-2014, 01:34 PM
Very true nefarious. I Won't and already planned to abstain from WM's once consoles went free to play. I do plan on finally cashing in some chimera rep to bump some well deserving grapes to their deserved status.

ConcreteSnake
07-10-2014, 01:46 PM
Well the new content isn't until Monday, so its just a warmaster timer, t2 arkforge Nerf, and some polish right now.

Bonehead
07-10-2014, 02:28 PM

Keep in mind none of it was tested on the PTS so...

Fingers crossed I guess.

Bonehead
07-10-2014, 02:43 PM
Everyone is so focused on the War Master that all this new cool stuff is getting over looked. The hell with the War Master. No Vets are going to be playing the WM event on the launch of the new update anyway with a new landmass to explore and new Rep Vendors with new gear check out and play with. Let the F2P players deal with the WM and get stomped until the whole thing rolls over. This isn't the first time something apocalyptic was introduced to the game. Eventually things will get tweaked with the War Master to accommodate the smaller group sizes that will end up fighting it because of this change.

Anyway check out the new cool stuff.

+7.5 for enthusiasm and posting a positive OP.

Good points Nef. No kidding. This isn't the first time we shake our heads going "whaaa???" and it won't be the last. You are right, after the Warmaster turns into a ghost town of failure, maybe some tweaking will get done. Grenades turned out okay after six months or so so... KEEP THE FAITH!! Or at least look on the bright side and remember, it's their game, not ours.

http://i1375.photobucket.com/albums/ag464/lenzdude/giphy1_zps97f7eac6.gif

kgersen
07-10-2014, 03:02 PM
so, let me get this straight...

trion is going to add all of this new stuff into the game on the 14th. history has taught me that this should make the game almost unplayable for 5-7 days while they patch it 3-5 more times to fix all that Alter Ego breaks.

in the midst of that unplayable time, the destiny beta begins on ps3 and ps4, so im guessing that the ps3 servers will be barren and lonely. im pretty sure that i see the final nails being driven into the proverbial coffin.

Yes indeed; Trion's timing is excellent for a change. I will be playing a game that starts with "D" quite extensively this coming week - hint, hint,... it will be on ps4....

It will be interesting what the console population looks like beginning Sep 9. Maybe, I'll check it out, um, on second thought - naaaaaah.

N3gativeCr33p
07-10-2014, 03:06 PM
Or at least look on the bright side and remember, it's their game, not ours.

Three times a laaaaaady... :)

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m6urkooQEv1qa4ezv.gif

Clarity Page
07-10-2014, 03:17 PM
Its the whole "I hope he gets pulled from his office comment" but I agree with you. What a way to slap the vet players in the face.

Sooo Tri... sorry HE is allowed heavily insinuate that all us vets are selfish, spoil sport, exploiters that bully other players into not letting WM out and only care about getting perfect gear at the expense of everyone elses enjoyment and time,
all of which I found rather insulting but if somone dare imply that he should be sacked after wrong decision number errrr... I've lost count followed by him tactlessly insulting a sizeable portion of the player base then they are automatically in the wrong?

You take our custom, our money & spit in our face, You insult us and use your ban hammer against those who say there should be a change of lead director.
thanks for letting us know our place Trion,

Cantide8405
07-10-2014, 03:29 PM
Lol. You think it won't be glitchy? I doubt it'll be playable at all, and I KNOW it won't actually be playable on the day that it's supposed to launch.

Iceberg
07-10-2014, 03:37 PM
Sooo Tri... sorry HE is allowed heavily insinuate that all us vets are selfish, spoil sport, exploiters that bully other players into not letting WM out and only care about getting perfect gear at the expense of everyone elses enjoyment and time,
all of which I found rather insulting but if somone dare imply that he should be sacked after wrong decision number errrr... I've lost count followed by him tactlessly insulting a sizeable portion of the player base then they are automatically in the wrong?

You take our custom, our money & spit in our face, You insult us and use your ban hammer against those who say there should be a change of lead director.
thanks for letting us know our place Trion,

You would think we would get some 0 tolerance policy or something to protect us from the company.

Corbin Zain
07-10-2014, 04:04 PM
About a third of the way through it will freeze my xbox and then start back at the beginning after trying again and again. Looks like nothings changed in over a year. Patch the patch to fixed the patched patch. I'm Sick of it!

CM Kiwibird
07-10-2014, 04:13 PM
freeze my xbox

Please refer to this thread : http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?166951-XBOX-Patching-Issues

3rdpig
07-10-2014, 04:28 PM
I think I've played the WM three times in the last month, each time I promise myself I'll never bother with that broke-assed event and the clueless noobs who populate it ever again.

So yes, I'm pretty excited for the new stuff. I hope it's fun and has some lasting value to it. It will be nice to see my favorite character back, I hope it's the same voice actor, or someone equally as good.

Deunan
07-10-2014, 04:30 PM
Ugh I wish I had read the Patch Notes last night. I would have spent a couple of million on key codes for T2 lock boxes if I had. Oh well.

Bonehead
07-10-2014, 04:33 PM
Ugh I wish I had read the Patch Notes last night. I would have spent a couple of million on key codes for T2 lock boxes if I had. Oh well.

You and me both Knute.

wartitan
07-10-2014, 04:46 PM
Wouldn't have done you that much good....you'd only get half the arkforge that you were supposed to get, and then support wouldn't give you the rest.

I put in a live chat at one point because I only got half the arkforge information chat said that I should get, and support found the bug in their logs and gave me the additional arkforge I was missing (was about 60 arkforge). I then burned 2 million in salvage, which amounted to 2620 arkforge, of which 1310 didn't get added to my salvage matrix. I knew there was an issue with all the arkforge not getting added, so I contacted support again.

Well...support made sure I got ripped off anyway, I guess probably because of the sheer volume of arkforge I was missing. I'll be scrubbing the live chat transcripts and posting later since the GM's don't want to make it right...

hardy83
07-10-2014, 04:47 PM
I sure hope the TWO new factions weeklies got split up into to and made more complicated to complete vs all the others for no other reason than to make the grind more annoying!
Just like they did with the useless 7th Legion!

Weee! Faction grinds! The best part of MMOs!