PDA

View Full Version : "The small minority"

Bentu
07-10-2014, 11:22 AM
I was going to go into one and let a certain Dev know just how offended I felt about this term.

Instead here's a few lines.

We "the small minority" are the people who have had to put up with the bugs that fixed the bugs that fixed the bugs that STILL remain for over a year now.

We "the small minority" deserve better, yes deserve, you actually owe us don't you understand that.

We "the small minority" actually went out and paid the day one price for this game that you are making free to play.

And it's we "the small minority" that are going to have to explain to the new influx of players what to do and how.

Get someone to read your press releases in future. Because you can't trust Ego "quick break the locks" lol.

Big Jack Shepard
07-10-2014, 11:26 AM
If he really thinks we are a small minority it just shows how truly out of touch he is with this game.

lokiscamaro
07-10-2014, 11:30 AM
my name is loki, ive been here since day one, i paid sixty bucks for my copy...im pretty sure i got my moneys worth.....and up until today ive been a lock breaker...i am one of the Annoying Majority :)

drackiller
07-10-2014, 11:32 AM
my name is loki, ive been here since day one, i paid sixty bucks for my copy...im pretty sure i got my moneys worth.....and up until today ive been a lock breaker...i am one of the Annoying Majority :)

Good for you, make a sig and proclaim it ;)

Strykewolf
07-10-2014, 11:33 AM

LOL

When I do a major, as a F2P, I tend to wait patiently. I don't break the locks as I am not the one(s) who called it. Therefore, I offset your shenanigans. :D

squidgod2000
07-10-2014, 11:33 AM
If he really thinks we are a small minority it just shows how truly out of touch he is with this game.

He also thinks we don't talk about Defiance outside this forum, or to people who might consider playing the game.

Roez
07-10-2014, 11:35 AM

This discussion though has been had with many games past. It's not unique to Defiance, by any stretch. The min-max types who like to raid, do the high end content etc., are a segment within the MMO market.

What's curious though, is how other developers have reached a different conclusion. WoW, for example, at one point acknowledged it was only about 10% of their player base, yet fully expressed how important those 10% are. They are usually the ones who come up with balance changes, find important bugs, and frankly, give games tons of free publicity. They are the ones who keep gaming discussions active and bring in more than their share of new players through word of mouth.

Perhaps with F2P games the philosophy is different because it's a different business focus. Wargamming (World of Tanks, et all) said once many of their paying customers will stop in and play the game for a few months, then leave, and it's this continual ebb and flow of players coming and going, which they draw money from. That said, even they acknowledge the importance of end game content and they have been giving it increasing focus.

superstorm
07-10-2014, 11:35 AM
Most topics here in General discussion are about WM. Can you stop it please, guys?

hiban
07-10-2014, 11:45 AM
Superstorm, you have stained the signature i did. Please, do a better photoshop. That one is... too cheap.

Roez
07-10-2014, 11:53 AM
Most topics here in General discussion are about WM. Can you stop it please, guys?

This forum has almost no posts through any given day. Why does it matter? Just ignore the ones you don't like. It's not like they are preventing the couple other threads.

Etaew
07-10-2014, 12:20 PM
Guys I love the Lock Keepers and Lock Breakers banners, there should totally be a competition.

Kanah
07-10-2014, 12:27 PM
Yeah I'm not impressed. It's not a nice feeling to think I am dismissed as "the small minority". But then, perhaps that is exactly what I am: one of the small minority who actually pays for this game.

drackiller
07-10-2014, 12:27 PM
Guys I love the Lock Keepers and Lock Breakers banners, there should totally be a competition.

I like mine more, if i could id put the Lock keeper too. :)

Eltruism
07-10-2014, 12:31 PM
I was going to go into one and let a certain Dev know just how offended I felt about this term.

Instead here's a few lines.

We "the small minority" are the people who have had to put up with the bugs that fixed the bugs that fixed the bugs that STILL remain for over a year now.

We "the small minority" deserve better, yes deserve, you actually owe us don't you understand that.

We "the small minority" actually went out and paid the day one price for this game that you are making free to play.

And it's we "the small minority" that are going to have to explain to the new influx of players what to do and how.

Get someone to read your press releases in future. Because you can't trust Ego "quick break the locks" lol.

1) You don't have to put up. You choose to keep playing.
2) If the new nature of the game F2P offends you, quit and move on. You still have many advantages over the F2P players.
3) You are not entitled to anything. You don't deserve anything. You got what you paid for.
4) You don't have to explain anything to anyone.

Again,

Trick is right. Numbers don't lie. The minority is...meh.

The universal law of happy living: If you can't put up or disagree; express it and accompany that expression with the action of moving on to new things.

You only express in the hopes of controlling reactions.

Everything you said is utterly false.

Imaru
07-10-2014, 12:36 PM
Allready made tha sig ;)

drackiller
07-10-2014, 12:44 PM
Allready made tha sig ;)

I saw it in another thread :) lol

nexx
07-10-2014, 12:49 PM
I just came to say death to the lockbreakers. Bai. :D

Bentu
07-10-2014, 12:50 PM
1) You don't have to put up. You choose to keep playing.
2) If the new nature of the game F2P offends you, quit and move on. You still have many advantages over the F2P players.
3) You are not entitled to anything. You don't deserve anything. You got what you paid for.
4) You don't have to explain anything to anyone.

Again,

Trick is right. Numbers don't lie. The minority is...meh.

The universal law of happy living: If you can't put up or disagree; express it and accompany that expression with the action of moving on to new things.

You only express in the hopes of controlling reactions.

Everything you said is utterly false.

You either haven't played this game or have moved on and everything I've said is true. Even the owing us part, that's why we keep getting so called compensation package weekends and such.

Romulos1607
07-10-2014, 12:56 PM
yes iam very composing

superstorm
07-10-2014, 12:56 PM
Allready made tha sig
Nice one!

Lockkeepers and Lockbreakers are on track to become a new cult.

STEELZ
07-10-2014, 01:01 PM
.... DESTINY is coming soon and all will be right again

Imaru
07-10-2014, 01:02 PM
Vet players blah blah blah we deserve more blah blah blah we do

seriously?

Lock keepers seek to prolong the lock-breaking step until the num or exceeds 24 players, often using chat and weapon intimidation t value resources over time and aim to earn the legendary weapon Additionally, these players tend to have an extremely limited scop predetermined list is deemed entirely worthless. These players are still constitute a small minority of players.

Its all true. Its the vets that own the in gamr economy you know t mods and wepons wanted or make them obsolete. Its thr vets who said that rarity upgrading makes the origional ojs worthless and yet whine and moan when they make the ark forge required to upgrade rarity harder to obtain..
So yeah. As of right now i know what side I'm on. Im a Lock Breaker. My bad that i don't want to sit on a pole and spin for 30mins whilr you wait to get more then 30 people.

nexx
07-10-2014, 01:03 PM
F2P won't save Defiance, appealing to the vets might have kept them around (the vets) but the new influx of players will soon realize how bad Trion is at being developers.

Iceberg
07-10-2014, 02:23 PM
Can make T-shirts that say: I went to fight war master and was told to go pound sand!

SymbolicGamer
07-10-2014, 02:44 PM
This entire forum is a small minority. The vast majority of Defiance players aren't even aware of this place.

CM Kiwibird
07-10-2014, 02:56 PM
Hey there guys - discussion is good, but let's try to keep it consolidated in the original thread. (http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?166821-Warmaster-Event-Changes-in-Defiance-2.1) When it's scattered, it's harder for other players (and birds) to review it.

N3gativeCr33p
07-10-2014, 02:58 PM
Can make T-shirts that say: I went to fight war master and was told to go pound sand!

That's twice now... :)

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m6urkooQEv1qa4ezv.gif

Bonehead
07-10-2014, 03:21 PM

Does the truth get you down?

Imaru
07-10-2014, 03:25 PM
I dunno does the truth that now origional oj weapons have there worth again because they just majorly nerfed arkforge from boxes and made the wm even harder to do giving the vets what they have been complaini.g about get to you? Cuz yall asked for this. just sayin.

Chaos0vt
07-10-2014, 03:41 PM
Superstorm, you have stained the signature i did. Please, do a better photoshop. That one is... too cheap.

At least i now know who to thank for the extra added image to my sig :)

Festival
07-10-2014, 05:26 PM

If he truly thinks that, then he is indeed so spectacularly out of touch with how things acutally are in Warmaster runs that I have to suspect he's never actually been in one on the live servers. Of course, the alternate explanation is that he's a liar, which is also less than encouraging. In any case, it's obviously complete nonsense. Lockbreakers were clearly the (despised) minority.

hardy83
07-10-2014, 05:38 PM
Forum posters have always been a vocal minority. I mean....It's kind of the whole concept of forums really.
It's not like average people who casually do whatever the forum topic is about come to the forum regularly. Maybe once or twice with a question, but weekly? Daily?
Pfah!

However, that doesn't mean the "minorities" voice is not important.
As this "vocal minority" is most likely also the most loyal and passionate, and thus, can be viewed as brand ambassadors.
The people who post here are most likely people who also post on other forums and sites and talk about the game.
Someone who's bitter here might stroll over to, say, Massively.com and sees an article about Defiance and decides, since they are bitter about the direction of the game will express it there too to possibly ward off any players. Maybe because they don't want others to not enjoy themselves, maybe as some sad revenge to keep new customers away. lol
The vocal minority, or brand ambassadors, as any marketing person will tell you, are incredibly important and a great source of free marketing in the form of one the more powerful marketing tools. Word of mouth.
It's also one of the harder ones to maintain. You don't have direct control over it like a adwords campaign or email "blast". If you piss them off, you might end up turning a bunch into the opposite of a brand ambassador, which I call "brand saboteur" :P

That doesn't also mean that Trion should bend over backwards for the "vocal minority". Their opinion is just as important as the quiet majority and should be heavily considered. Especially since the vocal crowd tend to be the only ones giving ideas on how to fix things.
It's a fine line to walk.

They are passionate and want the thing to flourish. That's what people forget on the Internet. Just because you are angry or very critical or something, doesn't not in the least mean you are a "hater". It actually means that person cares and just wants it to be the best it can be. Especially if they are constructive about it.

Ignoring the vocal majority would be dumb, REALLY REALLY dumb, but so would be bending to their collective will.

With that said.
Since this is mostly about WM. I'll put my two cents in.
WM is dumb and should be nerfed into being as easy as all the other arkfall bosses, and implement a "raid" system where people can form a raid and do an "expert" version of the WM with better loot but is also harder.
Making hard content is fine, if all the other content in the game is hard, but this game, even after the revolution changes, is still pretty casual that WM stands out like a sore thumb as bad design.

Eltruism
07-11-2014, 01:18 PM
You either haven't played this game or have moved on and everything I've said is true. Even the owing us part, that's why we keep getting so called compensation package weekends and such.

Played it, still play it. And all you've said is false. The thing about truth is that it's not something that you say. It's something that is.

You attempt to restrict the possibilities in my post by saying it's either or...but it's neither nor. I can choose outside of your restrictions.

PseudoCool
07-11-2014, 01:50 PM
Played it, still play it. And all you've said is false. The thing about truth is that it's not something that you say. It's something that is.

You attempt to restrict the possibilities in my post by saying it's either or...but it's neither nor. I can choose outside of your restrictions.

Yes.. let's apply metaphysics to the video gaming world to show EXACTLY how smart we THINK we are. Bravo Young Lad.. BRAVO!

The truth is that We've been lied to...
The Truth is that we've been disrespected MULTIPLE times...
The truth is WE paid for this game, only to have it passed around like a cheap bottle of vino at a frat house by the rapid devaluation of the product and its subsequent "F2P-Fail" Model...

And.. the truth is.. you have no clue what your talking about. No one's trying to restrict anything, but if you've actually PLAYED THE GAME, you'd see Bentu was right. ** rest of post self-edited for being overly toxic in nature **