PDA

View Full Version : Can We Get Horde Mode?

Drunk
07-10-2014, 12:47 PM
I've heard the idea kicked around in forum posts and on the live streams but never seems to gain any traction so here is my idea...

4 and 16(clan)man horde mode, simple rules 1 big area enemies come in waves based on a timer for first 20 or so levels then the timer is disabled and enemies pour in till all peeps are dead. Arkforge/Script/Keys would be the rewards and a multiplier would be used for levels passed not kills made. This of course would only be playable by level 5k+ players and not available (even thru joining on or grouping with) lower level players.

Lemme know what u think and maybe we can get trion to poke this thru the grinder, can't be that hard to find existing large area map and add a few spawns to it, can it?:confused:

Heartlight
07-10-2014, 12:49 PM
I've heard the idea kicked around in forum posts and on the live streams but never seems to gain any traction so here is my idea...

4 and 16(clan)man horde mode, simple rules 1 big area enemies come in waves based on a timer for first 20 or so levels then the timer is disabled and enemies pour in till all peeps are dead. Arkforge/Script/Keys would be the rewards and a multiplier would be used for levels passed not kills made. This of course would only be playable by level 5k+ players and not available (even thru joining on or grouping with) lower level players.

Lemme know what u think and maybe we can get trion to poke this thru the grinder, can't be that hard to find existing large area map and add a few spawns to it, can it?:confused:

I think this would be GREAT fun and would actually be worth the grind I'm going to have up to 5k.

HAYABUSA DCLXVI
07-10-2014, 12:55 PM
If Trick wants a Horde mode, There will be one. If he doesn't then that s the end of it.

Trick knows best because grenades.

Illyios
07-10-2014, 12:56 PM
I second this. It would give a lot of people something to do besides waiting for Dark Matters', Incursions to pop up. Because, honestly, once you're at 5k+ especially 5500+ you have done almost if not all the pursuits. Depending if you have all the DLCs.

Drunk
07-10-2014, 12:59 PM
AM level 5851 and most of the time i play i jump on for dailys, help a couple of clan members, surf a couple of arkfalls then log....

Zhedda
07-11-2014, 12:45 PM
Gets my vote. Would be like the arenas, on crack.

Jack_Pryce
07-11-2014, 12:49 PM
I like it.
*throws hat in*

LOOKxATxTHISxI
07-11-2014, 12:54 PM
Sieges? Basically like what you are talking about and nobody plays them anymore.

Zhedda
07-11-2014, 01:02 PM
Sieges are still popular on PC, probably because we don't get critted out on that platform as much. Smaller sieges with just one choke point and multiple egress points would be interesting. Sieges tend to get too spread out, making it hard for small groups to transition between check points. Mini-sieges would be better (edit: for small groups).

Synther
07-11-2014, 01:24 PM
Just buy the Castithan Charge Pack DLC and go into arenas. They are already a "hoard mode." If they're going to add content to this game, I would HOPE that it would be something more than yet another arena. This isn't a freaking game about gladiators. Give us something with substance...more missions, more land, NOT MORE ARENAS.

Zhedda
07-11-2014, 01:35 PM
Just buy the Castithan Charge Pack DLC and go into arenas. They are already a "hoard mode." If they're going to add content to this game, I would HOPE that it would be something more than yet another arena. This isn't a freaking game about gladiators. Give us something with substance...more missions, more land, NOT MORE ARENAS.

Only problem I find with arenas is that the enemy doesn't do a very good job advancing upon your position. Even when they do, you do not have a fixed position to defend. The goal is to survive. So if you need to, you can run away. If you have to protect an objective, or fail, it gets a lot harder.

PseudoCool
07-11-2014, 01:42 PM

That's what the Sensoth Said!

TalynOne
07-11-2014, 01:42 PM
If Trick wants a Horde mode, There will be one. If he doesn't then that s the end of it.

Quoted for truth.

Razoreddie
07-11-2014, 01:43 PM
Like the idea. I'll vote for it. It is a bit like Sieges, which I like a lot...very challenging for us 1500+ Ego folks.