PDA

View Full Version : War master loot drops. keeper vs. breaker

ichiro071
07-10-2014, 03:37 PM
I assume pretty much all of the "lock keepers" only wish to earn Quartermaster Zaggers or any kind of Zagger. So, is the zagger drop rate better when you beat the war master? I guess what I am getting at is with the whole rarity upgrade thing, why does it really matter if there is a timer on the war master?

When you sit and do nothing in a war master you gain no key codes, no ark forge and have no chance at earning a zagger. So, now instead of sitting and doing nothing I can now do 3 or maybe even 4 war masters in the same amount of time it used to take to do 1-2 war masters. Don't get me wrong I would rather get a Legendary drop after killing the war master. I just don't see why everyone is so mad about this, especially when there is only 1 gun of any value to them.

Also there is supposed to be this new update coming on July 15th to xbox 360 that will make Defiance "Free 2 Play". Imagine all the new players coming into a war master and getting screamed and cursed at by 'veteran' players, for shooting the locks. Who wants to play a game where the 'veteran' player do nothing but call you a noob? There are enough other places for the 'veteran' players to scream at the new players without the war master being one of those places.

So, yes this war master update is lame, but there are worse things than forcing you to not sit around and do nothing. Like the rumor I heard about people getting these "critical error' messages. Focus on the real problems people, critical errors and having to pay scrip to convert your ark salvage into key codes.

nexx
07-10-2014, 03:41 PM
I don't fight the Warmaster for the loot, I fight him for the challenge. Considering I don't have the DLC and couldn't use the weapons even if I obtained them.

Iceberg
07-10-2014, 03:42 PM
I think everyone should get something when you beat the war master, not just for participating. I am not one of those participation trophy people who thinks its ok to come in last place, you still get a trophy for trying!

As for the loot tables, who knows. We have been lied too about what is in the tables, what is not, what drops in the world, percentages have been adjusted, ninja nerfed, ninja fixed, and no one knows until someone goes and looks at it.

For the War master, its considered end game content and should be treated as such, if you wish to rush in and try to get some loot then by all means do what you wish, no one here is going to tell you how to play Trion's game, that is for trick to do.

Chaos0vt
07-10-2014, 03:48 PM
no one here is going to tell you how to play Trion's game, that is for trick to do.

haha couldnt help but laugh at that line

TTOWNZ DIRTIEST
07-10-2014, 03:57 PM
I agree 100% give kids half the keys and Arkforge to the People who cant beat the WARMASTER.... and the ones who can accomplish Beating him now.... DEAFEATLY should get oj's and more ARKFORGE and Keys....

SymbolicGamer
07-10-2014, 04:05 PM
I've gotten Zaggers from escaped WarMasters. The rarity is typically better when when you beat him, but it's still the same guns.

I'm currently using a quartermaster Zagger I bumped to orange from a green. It's identical to any "natural" legendary Zagger.

Atticus Batman
07-10-2014, 04:31 PM
I hate zaggers and never use them, so you can keep that crap. I try to beat the warmaster, because it is ALWAYS more fun to win!

ConcreteSnake
07-10-2014, 04:37 PM
If it was about the rewards you can just the minor arkbreaks and upgrade them. I'm not in it for the legendary or the keys or the arkforge. I went in to beat him, not to get loot that is made for simpletons. Now that they took that away without giving us tools to actually beat him, it just a lesser version of any other arkfall since I can get a higher score with more keys and arkforge at a scrapper major.

KeevanSixx
07-10-2014, 04:38 PM
meh, getting a reward for doing something hard is nice, but I would like to just be able to beat the WM, even once....just to say I did it.

hardy83
07-10-2014, 04:45 PM
I kept doing WM because I wanted ALL types of guns he dropped, but since there's no list of what he drops when beaten vs not beaten, and the fact when I did it I almost always got the stupid Volge Pistol or Sniper regardless if I beat him or not, I just gave up doing him.

A full list of what he drops would be nice, but getting stats like that for this game is super hard. lol

SymbolicGamer
07-10-2014, 04:47 PM
meh, getting a reward for doing something hard is nice, but I would like to just be able to beat the WM, even once....just to say I did it.

Just because you're in the room when the Warmaster dies doesn't mean you beat him. Not really, anyway... The instance was designed for a max of 24 players, not 40+. If you were really in it for the challenge, you wouldn't exploit.

KeevanSixx
07-10-2014, 05:44 PM
Just because you're in the room when the Warmaster dies doesn't mean you beat him. Not really, anyway... The instance was designed for a max of 24 players, not 40+. If you were really in it for the challenge, you wouldn't exploit.

there's your first mistake, making assumptions about my play style.

I'm the guy who will throw down 4 spikes just for the opportunity to play. I'm the guy who will wait for more people to show up just because I like to play with others.

I'm the guy, who listens and learns, and will work WITH a group of people to achieve a goal.

I know not this "exploit" you speak of, these are not the volge you are looking for....nothing to see here....move along, move along.

that being said, I have spent spikes left and right in attempts to beat the warmaster, learning effective loadouts, group techniques, so forth and so on. Yet, each and every group I've had the misfortune of being party to, even at my expense, has been a miserable failure. we go for the arm, or we go for the back, or we go for the left arm.....it doesn't matter what the consensus is, the end result is usually the same.....we chip away at the armor, we chip away at the health, but in the end....it slips away into the unknown.

I'm still hopefull, that someday i'll spend spikes, battle my way into the wreckage, and will be met with a group of players that work as a team, stick to a general battle plan, take advantage of targets of opportunities, with the end result being a huge win....over the myrad number of failures.

I remain optimistic.

Festival
07-10-2014, 07:01 PM
I couldn't care less about Zaggers. I break them down or sell them...to me, they're just vendor trash. I liked winning against the Warmaster for its own sake, not the better loot table (although the prospect of better loot was often something I used to try to persuade lockbreakers to mend their evil ways. =P ). I left the locks alone and tried to educate newbs because I like the satisfaction of beating an enemy that's very tough to put down.

Chaz
07-10-2014, 10:44 PM
I can't even use the loot from Warmaster because I decided to pass on Arkbreaker until I got more into the game but that doesn't matter to me in the slightest, I want to beat him; if that means listening to a bunch of people who know more about the enemy than me that is what I will do because that is how end game content is supposed to work. You think I got through Noxxramas, Ice Crown Citadel and Firelands by winging it and thinking "it's the thought that counts!" ? No. I looked up strategies, let my group know my role and did what I was supposed to do in order to tank us to a victory. If someone knew something more than me that wasn't a problem but rather a boon. I listened, I learned and eventually knew all I needed to know in order to complete those raids because I as a player progressed. If people who know the strategy trying to enlighten people is a problem, then why build a boss with a strategy at all?

duction
07-10-2014, 11:41 PM
Some weapons like the custom headshot bolter only drops in orange if you beat it.

Also you get more keys and arkforge if you beat him

drackiller
07-11-2014, 01:50 AM
I hate zaggers and never use them, so you can keep that crap. I try to beat the warmaster, because it is ALWAYS more fun to win!

I got my third Zagger yesterday, still not sure what that weapons is worth for...

stefb42
07-11-2014, 02:38 AM
Some weapons like the custom headshot bolter only drops in orange if you beat it.

Also you get more keys and arkforge if you beat him

you know what mate? They get more points for the lose, the score apparently just keeps climbing if the armor doesn't break, when it does break they target a different piece for armor break bonuses and use blast rifles and stuff for low dmg, surely that goes against the spirit of the event, exploiting the scoring system to avoid score capping out, using strategies that ensure the event will never be beaten (trying not to break the crystal armour) and we're the ones not playing as intended, these guys are scoring 400k plus for their fails without boosts(they claim)

wasn't aware of this as we usually beat the wm, and always break his armour

N3gativeCr33p
07-11-2014, 05:44 AM
I try to beat the warmaster, because it is ALWAYS more fun to win!

You're a true hero! :)

http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r67/N3gativeCr33p/KurtClapping_zpse86c6e1c.gif