PDA

View Full Version : Lock Keeper Title

BarrySciFi
07-11-2014, 03:32 AM
I think all veteran players should be given the title Lock Keeper to proudly equip. Anyone else agree?

DeadEye68
07-11-2014, 03:39 AM
I'd rather have Unruly, but that may come over as sarcastic. And we don't do sarcasm, no Sir.

Etaew
07-11-2014, 03:54 AM
I totally think there should be two titles, Lock Keeper and Lock Breaker, then run a report on the numbers who are wearing them :D

Clarity Page
07-11-2014, 04:01 AM
I totally think there should be two titles, Lock Keeper and Lock Breaker, then run a report on the numbers who are wearing them :D

I really want a Lock Keeper title and using titles to figure what percent of players use which "tactic" (I use that word only lightly for the Lock Breakers) would be a really good idea.

Maybe those who have won a WM should get Lock Keeper
and those who have shot a lock and proceeded to fail should get Lock Breaker

Riz
07-11-2014, 04:03 AM
Good idea, i like that title...

Lock breaking is not a tactic though... It's suiciding your chances at success.

rita mortis
07-11-2014, 04:03 AM
I think all veteran players should be given the title Lock Keeper to proudly equip. Anyone else agree?

Yeah I totally agree then we can see if we are the minority and wanting to win doesn't make you elitist as Gabriel from castlevania seems to think

AceRimmer
07-11-2014, 04:19 AM
If you get lock keeper and lock breaker titles, it's just going to cause more hostility.
What about those of us who are neutral, who just enjoy the game for what it is.

HAYABUSA DCLXVI
07-11-2014, 04:23 AM
Define Veteran.
There are players that claim to have been around since Beta days yet are still 2000 odd ego, Then there's players that have been around for 2 months and are 5700 ego claiming Veteran status.

Clarity Page
07-11-2014, 04:29 AM
Define Veteran.
There are players that claim to have been around since Beta days yet are still 2000 odd ego, Then there's players that have been around for 2 months and are 5700 ego claiming Veteran status.

good point,
I've been playing since week 2 and only just hit my ego xp cap at 4500 recently, id say veteran is some one who has been playing for a while and knows what they are doing, of course that is very difficult to measure with statistics

Maybe it could be you get it if you
A: are over ego 4000
or
B: have been playing for at least 6 months

however i would be intrigued to see how many players that havent got that high or played for that long would vote so I would say give it to everyone

Riz
07-11-2014, 04:32 AM
Define 'Veteran'...

A player that knows what he is doing, knows what to use in some circumstances and is able to get the most out of the thing he is attending. The 'most' for the majority (that is opposite of minority, Trick) is getting good gear and loot, which is best achieved by scoring good, which is best achieved by successfully finishing the event.

'Veteran' cant be captured by amount of hours played, nor by just EGO. IMO 'knowledge', 'commitment' and in case of MMO's 'social behavior' are the best terms to define who is a Vet and who's not.

AceRimmer
07-11-2014, 04:32 AM
good point,
I've been playing since week 2 and only just hit my ego xp cap at 4500 recently, id say veteran is some one who has been playing for a while and knows what they are doing, of course that is very difficult to measure with statistics

Nah, anyone can claim they know what they are doing, and it doesn't take long for the overwhelmed player to become used to everything in game.

To me, a veteran is length of time played +goals and pursuits completed.
I've been playing since day one, and haven't completed all the pursuits, mostly cuz I can't be bothered, but because my ego isn't in the high 5's, i'll still get called a noob.

duction
07-11-2014, 04:42 AM
Veterans know the game inside out, known things others don't.. Have played since day one and have maxed everything out.

crazyged
07-11-2014, 04:51 AM
Veteran...

Man, I was that BEFORE I started playing this game. Too many years as a gamer!

But, it helps you progress quickly, knowing what to look for in a game, what questions to ask.

The rules amongst gamers are pretty much the same, no matter what you're playing...

NeuroticHitman
07-11-2014, 04:57 AM
He's right you know!?

BJWyler
07-11-2014, 05:01 AM

Indeed I do!

Tigercml
07-11-2014, 05:03 AM
I haven't changed my Pale Wars Ronin title since day 1 but I wouldn't mind retiring it for this. Lock Keeper I would wear proud.

N3gativeCr33p
07-11-2014, 05:16 AM

I agree... I just wonder how many bits one of those new titles will cost. ;)

Imaru
07-11-2014, 05:24 AM
I really want a Lock Keeper title and using titles to figure what percent of players use which "tactic" (I use that word only lightly for the Lock Breakers) would be a really good idea.

Maybe those who have won a WM should get Lock Keeper
and those who have shot a lock and proceeded to fail should get Lock Breaker

Fine. Insult us lock breakers all you want. ;)

crazyged
07-11-2014, 05:26 AM
I can just picture a Wreckit Ralph scenario late at night, when we log out of Defiance...

Our toons will all get together at Iron Demon in a support group.
My toon will stand up and say, "My name is Sachek and I am a lock keeper". One by one, they'll all share their tales of woe.

Lock Keepers Anonymous will be born.

Then they'll all go to the Crater and get smashed.

agiantmudcrab
07-11-2014, 05:56 AM

No...............

Covington
07-11-2014, 05:59 AM
Define Veteran.

I have a 2000+ ego and I have been around since beta.... why? Cause I only play when the clan is on, we play as a team and most of the time ps3 version of the game crashes. Also took a long hiatus from the frustration until the show came back on.

You can have a lower ego if you don't grind everyday and play in a rpg community setting and not just a run and gun loner.

On pc I only have a 500 ego. Not everyone plays everyday.

Imaru
07-11-2014, 06:07 AM
And that's the thing. The comment about lock keepers and lock breakers. It wasn't a comment about veteran players. Just a comment about the play style of some of players.