PDA

View Full Version : Guide: Taking down TL10 bulwarks with full armor plates

Alexri
07-11-2014, 04:36 PM
Shoot it with a rocket launcher

Iceberg
07-11-2014, 04:39 PM
Shoot it with a rocket launcher

I have to agree with this one, I learned it today on the twitch feed.

PseudoCool
07-11-2014, 04:41 PM
Actually.. that's 1/2 right...

Shoot it with an FRC Sludge, then quickly switch to a Flare Gun. Not only does it take double explosion damage, it immediately get's pooh shoes AND lit on fire. This actually causes the Bulwark to go into "fail mode" and act like it's short circuiting (which is as intended by the design of the NPC). From here, you just lay into it. If you've got a good flare gun with a rapid reload and the purple ego on reload bonus, you can keep the Bulwark not only shaking and torched, but pretty much work it down to nothing in no time flat.

Now.. that being said.. that set up STINKS for the rest of the DM Arkfall your at, other than the sludge doing well at range against the Monolith, that is if it's not glitched.

PiccolaRivolta
07-11-2014, 04:42 PM
Probably a trick I didn't know about? Rockets Launchers aren't my thing... But I'll try that out when I find one. What happens tho?

PseudoCool, just shoot throw a bio nade between its legs and shoot it. >_>

reciprocate
07-11-2014, 05:05 PM
Do whatever method Jay Wilson II says is best. I'm calling him that from now on.

Dycroft
07-11-2014, 05:06 PM
...why not just shoot it to death with a bio SMG/AR/LMG? :confused:

PseudoCool
07-11-2014, 05:07 PM
Probably a trick I didn't know about? Rockets Launchers aren't my thing... But I'll try that out when I find one. What happens tho?

True.. that's where I originally got the idea of the sludge. Difference being, the sludge does a LOT more damage than the bio grenade does, and the flare gun is pretty much an auto-ignite with bio on anything in my experience :)

nathanpbutler
07-11-2014, 05:07 PM

...which is also an ancient Irathient mating ritual, I believe.

PseudoCool
07-11-2014, 05:08 PM
...which is also an ancient irathient mating ritual, i believe.

roflmmfao!!!

3rdpig
07-11-2014, 05:09 PM
...which is also an ancient Irathient mating ritual, I believe.

Maybe not as ancient as you think, eh? :p

nathanpbutler
07-11-2014, 07:25 PM
That would totally explain Tommy, wouldn't it?

Deunan
07-11-2014, 11:26 PM
...why not just shoot it to death with a bio SMG/AR/LMG? :confused:It's contextual. If you are fighting TL10 Bulwarks that usually means several other players are there shooting it as well. The Sludge has a guaranteed nano process on impact. Normal bio-nano weapons do not. That means the instant you hit it with the Sludge everyone's bullets will get the benefit of being quasi-bio-nano weapons and the armor plates will go down fast.

The only time I would say this isn't a great strategy in dealing with TL 10 Bulwarks is inside the Commander Cronkite Expert Map in the final fight against Daig. I just ignore the Bulwarks completely and rush forward to engage Daig, using an ablative armor stim, damage spike and flashbang grenade with overcharge and a radiation-nano Castithian Springer to kill him before any of the adds can kill me. At close range almost every hit is a critical hit that ignores his armor plates so he dies pretty quicky. Sometimes some of the group follows the same strategy and he dies all the faster but either way the Bulwarks become irrelevant.

Momaw
07-12-2014, 02:06 AM
Their armor plates don't seem to last very long at all anyway if you're using a decent Bio weapon. Toss a flashbang, shoot the crap out of it while it's spazzing, and by the time it can start shooting again it will be defenseless. (aside from having an insane quantity of HP)

They don't seem like enough of a threat to tailor your loadout to deal with them when the weapons that are hypothetically best at tearing down the Bulwarks are terrible at everything else.

moof
07-12-2014, 02:12 AM
i use an incindiery volge thunderer,i usually pop a couple of those sticky rounds onto the rocket launcher parts,and after two or three it goes into fail mode,sometimes i get lucky and it gets lit on fire...take cover,wait for the rocket launcher things to open,rinse and repeat

not the most efficient strategy or the fastest i know,but considering how rarely i encounter tl10 bulwarks,it works well enough for me

also usually tl10 bulwarks arent a problem anyways when i do find them,because its usually in a nice big dark matter arkfall,and the swarm is usually big enough that a big target like a bulwark gets flattened pretty easy