PDA

View Full Version : Score board question

Xaat Xuun
07-12-2014, 02:16 PM
is there a way to change the score board to show more then 21 players ?

when I started playing, I was on TS with a clan member, I cannot actually recall which event we had just did, but we were in the same instance, but yet on separate scoreboards, we were both in the same place, our scores were relative the same, and place in the same position, but I was not on his and he was not on mine.
through the months that followed, I see this a lot. I get invited to a WM raid, but those in my group do not show up on my scoreboard, even when I change it to show friends, they're just not on my score board that I see.

In reading what some players have posted on the forums their scores .. the ones where they say they score 400+, . . . Never on any score board I have seen, anyone have a score above 290k, never seen any at or above 300k. So I suspect there is more then one scoreboard, guess we could call it big boy score board and lil boy score board, I must always see me on the lil boy score board, I'll be in the top 5, but my score may barely be past 100k
is there actually more score boards ?, and just being patronized, being placed on a lil boy score board to feel like I'm doing good

like when I'm at Kenn farm, I know there are more then 21 players, I never actually counted every purple dot on the mini map, but seems there is more then 21 hell more like 50+ there at some times.
I use the score board to see how many were there, or happened to be in the area during the event, but mine only shows up to 21

Bonehead
07-12-2014, 02:21 PM
No. The 21 position is always your score if you don't make the top 20. It's not the real 21st place.

stefb42
07-12-2014, 02:23 PM
Here's how that works, if you're in the top 20 scores then you'll only ever see 20 scores regardless of how many people are at the event, if you are not in the top 20 scores you will show as 21st, regardless of what position you finished in, you will never see the scores of players who finished outside the top 20 except your own score

Xaat Xuun
07-13-2014, 05:53 PM
sounds like I thought how it works

I may see I'm ranked 5, but chances are, I am actually ranked 25 out of the whole group of 30-50

rosetta_cd_29A
07-13-2014, 06:10 PM
if you are not in the top 20 scores you will show as 21st, regardless of what position you finished in

And here i was thinking 21 out of 50-60 wasn't too bad... :o

Thanks for explaining how this works! And the huge gap between rank 20 and 21 makes perfect sense now, heh.

stefb42
07-13-2014, 06:19 PM
sounds like I thought how it works

I may see I'm ranked 5, but chances are, I am actually ranked 25 out of the whole group of 30-50

no, if you're ranked 5th then you were 5th, it's only 21st that can be any position lower than 20th ie 24,28,32,56 etc will all show up to that user as 21st, if you finish top 20 you wont see a 21st place on the board

hawke
07-13-2014, 06:28 PM
Not exactly. If you're ranked 5th with a low score, it just means that the team have low score overall. Like other people have said, if you in between 1st and 20th, that's your real rank. Beyond 20th, everyone is listed at rank 21st. So if you and your friend have the same rank and neither of you can see each other, it means you both didn't make it to rank 20th or higher and the game gave both of you rank 21st.

Xaat Xuun
07-13-2014, 09:04 PM
Got it . . now
thanks