PDA

View Full Version : am i a lock breaker or lock keeper?

moof
07-13-2014, 02:01 AM
not sure which i am,sometimes ive broken locks,but usually others had already started in something feirce,so i figured "a means to an end"...one time i was in a wm with just three people,then i broke locks cause we didnt have a chance at the time

but most of the time i just react to whats going on,fine tune my loadout,try different things,and so on

so am i lock breaker,keeper,or inbetween?

Heartlight
07-13-2014, 02:07 AM
Maybe that 3rd group is a libreaktarian? Someone who respects freedom of choice above all else? :)

hawke
07-13-2014, 02:08 AM
Keeper. A lock keeper dont neccessary have to keep the lock till there's enough player. We make decision depend on the situation. If we know there are people coming, we'll wait. If we see that it'll take too long for people to come, or if there's no people coming due to some specific hour, we will proceed with the WM

On the other hand, lock breakers are those who immediately break locks as soon as they got in, despite people politely ask them to stop. Those are the guys we use the term "lock breaker" on.

A lot of people I've seen are actually lock keeper, but they were confused by the term and call themselves breakers instead.

moof
07-13-2014, 02:17 AM
ok :D mind if i use the sig pic of yours then to make it official?

moof
07-13-2014, 02:23 AM
fixed it :D also i killed the donkey kong today,first time

Bonehead
07-13-2014, 02:24 AM
Keepers or breakers, it's all made up. Neither really exist except in the post from Trick.
Well except for the occasional troll or noob but as anyone who plays the game can attest, pretty much everyone waited for a while to get their ducks in a row before going at it with the warmaster.
That's changing as we speak since the timers have been introduced though. I saw (as many of you saw in a different post) someone using a damage spike to break the locks before the timer ran out.

SymbolicGamer
07-13-2014, 02:28 AM
You're going to get different answers depending on who you ask.

The impression I got from Trick's message was that a lock breaker is someone who breaks the locks the first chance he gets (the way the mission was designed), and a lock keeper is someone who wants people to wait until they've exceeded the room capacity. Neither playstyle was wrong, but the lock keepers would have to organize ahead of time because they would harass other players who did not want to wait.

When I get into a Warmaster, the first thing I do is announce it to clanmates, and invite my friends. It takes me about two to five minutes to get invites sent. I can do this on the top level and be ready to go before we even open the vents. That's how it should be done. If I just got invited, and we're already at the second level, I would invite my people, and then announce to the rest of the room that they had 10 minutes to invite their friends before I broke the locks. This would infuriate some, and speed up others.

I absolutely hate waiting around. I consider myself a breaker of locks, just because when I hear "lock keeper", I imagine the extremists that try to hold the room hostage until they get 40+ people, even when it's real early in the morning and no one is on.

I am perfectly fine with there being a 3.5 minute timer after the last Volge has fallen, and am eagerly anticipating the update on Xbox 360.

Bonehead
07-13-2014, 02:32 AM
fixed it :D also i killed the donkey kong today,first time

Way to go moof! Grats on ya!

moof
07-13-2014, 02:32 AM
i also try and call more people in using the chatbox before i summon the wm arkfall and during the outside part

Bonehead
07-13-2014, 02:34 AM
Deleted .

Clarity Page
07-13-2014, 10:34 AM
My impression of Lock Breakers & Keepers are;

Lock breaker is someone who runs straight in and bursts the locks without checking there are enough players gathered to have a sensible chance of defeating the WM, they usually use all the wrong guns (BMGs, blinding cold fire weapons, infectors,...ect) further hindering the chance of success, I don't think they care about killing the WM its just about getting his fail loot as fast as possible.

[on a side note the number of players wouldn't matter nearly so much if they had got the dynamic difficulty right to begin with]

Lock Keepers like to gather enough players to have a good chance against the WM, that number can vary a lot, a strong team of 15 can take him down but its best to get at minimum of 25. Clan members will usually call in there clan mates which is good because that means more heavy hitters to counter the players using guns that get high score but do little to aid the cause, bringing back damage based scoring would help considerably.

3rdpig
07-13-2014, 11:10 AM
Besides lockkeepers and lockbreakers, there are also those who have absolutely no clue what the heck they're doing. If you need an example, check out the last Defiance livestream on Twitch.

Deunan
07-13-2014, 02:11 PM
By Trick Dempsey's definition, the Lead Developer and person who created the dichotomy with the phrases lock breaker and lock keeper, a lock breaker is anyone that immediately begins to break the locks as soon as they drop down into the chamber. A lock keeper is anyone else notwithstanding anyone's attempts to claim otherwise. This is beyond refutation as those are the words of Trick himself. It has absolutely nothing to do with any specific number of players that a player might want to have inside the chamber before breaking the locks. It's a pacing issue plain and simple.

DeadEye68
07-13-2014, 02:40 PM
Self quoting is bad, but meh ... don't feel like typing it again

In all technicality, lock breakers represent 100% of participants. WM fights wouldn't take place otherwise. We're all lock breakers, our objectives differ and so does the effort we're willing to provide in order to meet them.

RAGEFIGHTER
07-13-2014, 02:40 PM
this shtako is not real they are names given by trion to 2 sides acording to their actings in game im lock keeper arcording trions description and its wery shtako they invent timers bonehead you say someone used spike to brak locks omg i wuld say something but i know trions wants mee ban again :) how ever on all of this i dont know how it happend but today wee owned one wm maybee pro team was there i also did rn my smg and pistol shooting like smg :) but wee did and even with timers so its posible :)