PDA

View Full Version : S2 dlc ???

RAGEFIGHTER
07-13-2014, 11:09 AM
well season one had 5 dlc well ok they wasnt good inaf for naming them as dlc but ok it was and its past i want to know will season 2 have dlc well itought there also will bee 5 dlc for season 2 do not get it wrong i dont wana repeat seson1 bad quality dlc just asking iff there will bee?

Rokea
07-13-2014, 11:12 AM
They've already said no more dlc packs, they are just going to do patches.

cyguy
07-13-2014, 11:15 AM
Something tells me that they got in over their head with the promises about releases of DLC from season 1. They also got nothing but negative feedback for almost every DLC from season 1. I was suspecting that if they tried to pull another season pass, people on forums would break out their torches and pitchforks again.

Kanah
07-13-2014, 11:19 AM
I don't think they have the staff or resources for that level of content addition.

Lucent
07-13-2014, 11:23 AM
I actually think the stuff we'll be getting in patches will be more than some of the DLC was anyway.

3rdpig
07-13-2014, 01:52 PM
It's hard to sell content additions to a F2P game because it breaks up your user base into groups, each having a different experience, access to different areas and each having a smaller group of players to game and socialize with. It also requires more CS and CM personnel and training.

Good F2P games offer everything to everyone for free and sell cosmetics and convenience items. If done right, they can also sell things that let you skip some of the grind, but that's mistaken now for P2W, which it really isn't as long as those same things are available without paying. It's more like "Pay because I don't have the time, patience or the skill to earn it in game".

Alastar
07-13-2014, 02:03 PM
Thank jek for no more Dlc lol. I wouldn't have paid for it this time around anyway. Although to the point of separating the player base if it was handled like season 1 there wouldn't be that much separation. What like having to get your friends to take you into the arenas? Lmao

RAGEFIGHTER
07-13-2014, 02:15 PM
It's hard to sell content additions to a F2P game because it breaks up your user base into groups, each having a different experience, access to different areas and each having a smaller group of players to game and socialize with. It also requires more CS and CM personnel and training.

Good F2P games offer everything to everyone for free and sell cosmetics and convenience items. If done right, they can also sell things that let you skip some of the grind, but that's mistaken now for P2W, which it really isn't as long as those same things are available without paying. It's more like "Pay because I don't have the time, patience or the skill to earn it in game".
iff they will fallow your imagination they gona go down!! noone wanna donate for lazy skinn man if i pay money i wana get some advantage tou talking shtako man i bet your one of tous whoo dont donate ok if they will not make dlc they have to impress us with store sortiments :) cuz realy from box 4 i get mostly shtako dont see reason to buy bits unless to buy boosts wich also is shtako 2 h boosts bether sit on my partons

Rokea
07-13-2014, 02:34 PM
iff they will fallow your imagination they gona go down!! noone wanna donate for lazy skinn man if i pay money i wana get some advantage tou talking shtako man i bet your one of tous whoo dont donate ok if they will not make dlc they have to impress us with store sortiments :) cuz realy from box 4 i get mostly shtako dont see reason to buy bits unless to buy boosts wich also is shtako 2 h boosts bether sit on my partons

I am assuming by your poor grammar you disagree with the comment you quoted, however you pretty much only pay for cosmetic things in Defiance now as it is. I have never bought Arkforge or inv slots you don't need them.

RAGEFIGHTER
07-13-2014, 02:52 PM
I am assuming by your poor grammar you disagree with the comment you quoted, however you pretty much only pay for cosmetic things in Defiance now as it is. I have never bought Arkforge or inv slots you don't need them.
i di buy alot include some skinns it was sad to find out duni you payd bits for it then find it in vendors for scrips trions sometimes can bee wery xx to donate ppls but well lets see where theyl go without f2p total means nothing to sale sonn they will have this status :)

Rokea
07-13-2014, 04:38 PM
i di buy alot include some skinns it was sad to find out duni you payd bits for it then find it in vendors for scrips trions sometimes can bee wery xx to donate ppls but well lets see where theyl go without f2p total means nothing to sale sonn they will have this status :)

Wtf did I just murder my eyes to try and read!?

Bonehead
07-13-2014, 04:54 PM
I actually think the stuff we'll be getting in patches will be more than some of the DLC was anyway.

It already is.

Bonehead
07-13-2014, 04:56 PM
Wtf did I just murder my eyes to try and read!?

He does way better with English that I would ever do with Latvian.

SymbolicGamer
07-13-2014, 06:53 PM
I really wish Trion would use another term to describe season pass content.

Any new outfits, vehicles, guns, missions, areas... that's all downloadable content. Anything that isn't on the disc is DLC.

Rather than saying "There won't be any more DLC", what they should say is "We don't have plans for any more paid expansion packs. Season 2 content will be available to everyone through free updates. Players can also purchase premium items inside the bit store, including new outfits and vehicle skins."

RAGEFIGHTER
07-15-2014, 02:26 PM
He does way better with English that I would ever do with Latvian.

thanks for support man :)

RAGEFIGHTER
07-15-2014, 02:28 PM
I really wish Trion would use another term to describe season pass content.

Any new outfits, vehicles, guns, missions, areas... that's all downloadable content. Anything that isn't on the disc is DLC.

Rather than saying "There won't be any more DLC", what they should say is "We don't have plans for any more paid expansion packs. Season 2 content will be available to everyone through free updates. Players can also purchase premium items inside the bit store, including new outfits and vehicle skins."

yea sounds like they killing paid services i wonder how they gona keep up game and show then :)

SymbolicGamer
07-15-2014, 02:38 PM
yea sounds like they killing paid services i wonder how they gona keep up game and show then :)

They aren't though. That's the thing."No DLC" implies no new content, but they're still supporting the game with free updates (we're getting an entirely new land mass, guns, outfits, vehicles and missions) and things to purchase in the bit store.

RAGEFIGHTER
07-15-2014, 03:09 PM
They aren't though. That's the thing."No DLC" implies no new content, but they're still supporting the game with free updates (we're getting an entirely new land mass, guns, outfits, vehicles and missions) and things to purchase in the bit store.

doo you have iodea what it takes to hold a game server ??? i holding a mu server its a crap iff wee talk about defiance i bet its even network of server multi databases well sqal might mee one how ever sireous server need alot money so iff they have nothing to sale they go down in notime its my thinking way :)

Iceberg
07-15-2014, 03:18 PM
They've already said no more dlc packs, they are just going to do patches.

So, just like season 1? Awesome!!

RAGEFIGHTER
07-15-2014, 03:42 PM
So, just like season 1? Awesome!!

you didnt read right they say no dlc for now they just make patches wich can acess everyone season one had buyable packs trion named them dlcs acording to everyones mind they was overpriced thy didnt worht to bee named dlc so this time they made it in different way well lets see whats nest :)

Iceberg
07-15-2014, 04:14 PM
you didnt read right they say no dlc for now they just make patches wich can acess everyone season one had buyable packs trion named them dlcs acording to everyones mind they was overpriced thy didnt worht to bee named dlc so this time they made it in different way well lets see whats nest :)

No I read just fine, the DLC's for the first season were so bad that the free updates gave more content than the paid part of it.

RAGEFIGHTER
07-15-2014, 05:48 PM
vell its also thru