PDA

View Full Version : Leave the Mark?

nathanpbutler
07-14-2014, 12:24 PM
Anyone figure out how to "leave the mark of the Defiant" for today's Defiant Few daily contract?

Odessa
07-14-2014, 12:43 PM
Is this in regards to the new races near Hellbug Horror event?

Found this as the only mention (https://twitter.com/DefianceWorld/status/486178571728089088)

Riz
07-14-2014, 01:32 PM
I killed a Formidable Raider in the expert coop map 'Commander Cronkhite', then it showed up as finished. So i guess it has something to do with killing a high-end enemy.

Looking at the weekly contract for the Defiant Few. We have to kill a Formidable Raider, an Apex Monarch and a super Hulker from Kenn's Farm. So this might be the confirmation that it has something to do with killing one of these.

sick2thestomach
07-14-2014, 01:41 PM
You'll need to look for a star symbol on the mini map, if it's not one of the Tarr Traxx boxes, it should allow you to leave a mark. I found one location, Down a hill in some ruined suburbs, east of The Fork in San Francisco.

Keeper Riff
07-14-2014, 02:01 PM
Just ported to Shondu's and the Mark just ticked off. No markers or any unusual visuals there. Go figure.

Yrkul
07-14-2014, 02:12 PM
For me the completion notification just popped up while doing an incursion. I must have killed that TL10 raider with my tickle gun.

We're back to autocompletion of dailies, and as repeating the same conflict sites again and again day after day has gotten very tedious, I'm fine with that.

Stefanwulfe
07-14-2014, 02:17 PM
Ah, I think I just got this. I went to Shondu. Saw 2 stars on mini-map. One star was on the door to the consulate, just to your left as you port in. Walk to the star, you are prompted with a square to "leave the mark of the Defiant". Let me know if this works for everyone or not.

nathanpbutler
07-14-2014, 02:23 PM
Ah, I think I just got this. I went to Shondu. Saw 2 stars on mini-map. One star was on the door to the consulate, just to your left as you port in. Walk to the star, you are prompted with a square to "leave the mark of the Defiant". Let me know if this works for everyone or not.

Yup, that did it!

Murphdog
07-14-2014, 08:55 PM
Yeah it just showed up as finished when i was killing off enemies in the last season 2 ep 1 mission

sarahatesclowns
07-14-2014, 11:25 PM
I read in another thread that Scapes said if a player is close enough to someone that leaves the mark or finds the crate, then it also counts for the player that didn't touch it. Something about the I-Saw-It-First-Fight being negated.

This post: http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?167590-Tarr-Family-Weekly

Xaat Xuun
07-15-2014, 11:41 AM
Ah, I think I just got this. I went to Shondu. Saw 2 stars on mini-map. One star was on the door to the consulate, just to your left as you port in. Walk to the star, you are prompted with a square to "leave the mark of the Defiant". Let me know if this works for everyone or not.thank yu for this info .. it was getting late for me so , I knew I was taking a chance someone may had already clicked it before I reached Shondu, but no one was there (Yay for me).
there were the 2 stars on the mini map as you said, tho when you said door, I was thinking it was the open walk way at the back , but it wasn't. it is the Door up front (http://i1262.photobucket.com/albums/ii601/XaatXuun/marksho_zpsecc62873.jpg)

Hanakawa
07-15-2014, 02:27 PM
yah look for white stars on your map. are usually at hubs. you just interact with them and it spray paints the Mark of the Defiant Few onto the wall.

cmpowell
07-15-2014, 03:04 PM
Its also at idr behind the gunslinger portals on the wall

Z0mb1E
07-15-2014, 03:05 PM
Just ported to Shondu's and the Mark just ticked off. No markers or any unusual visuals there. Go figure.

The mark spot at Shondu's is right at the door (to your left as you port in) you'll notice the star there but the whisp isn't easily interactable, you need to move around it a bit to get the E option.

Heartlight
07-15-2014, 04:46 PM
There's also one outside of Happy Pow Farms, oddly enough. Must be because there's a vendor there?

Xaat Xuun
07-15-2014, 06:48 PM
The mark spot at Shondu's is right at the door (to your left as you port in) you'll notice the star there but the whisp isn't easily interactable, you need to move around it a bit to get the E option.
today I did one at Last chance, and if it wasn't for the star, it would had been tough to see that Whisp, once I was close enough and at a angle I could see it. Thanks to the star it lead me to the right direction an got me near it enough to notice

Bonehead
07-15-2014, 08:03 PM
Just left the mark at Muir.

Follow the star.

Xaat Xuun
07-16-2014, 02:41 PM
wow the one at Iron Demon was tough to see . .
thank you star on Mini Map, without it I would have never found it

After using it, I didn't see the mark, like I have at other locations

BifBologna
07-16-2014, 05:29 PM
There's one near Overpass as well. At least there was today. Slightly southeast.

It seems like once you "make the mark" the rest of the locations no longer show, is that accurate? After I made the mark at Overpass today I couldn't find the spots at the other locations mentioned in this thread. I suppose that would make sense though, seeing as leaving the mark is part of a daily. You don't really need to leave more than one.

mixtwix
07-17-2014, 02:02 AM
To leave the mark go to shondu's and as you spawn go to the door behind you there you have to spray the mark

BJWyler
07-18-2014, 10:03 PM
Are there any mission requirements before you can start doing this contract. The only stars I see on the mini-map are related to the NPCs (like Cass and Eren). I haven't found anything that would allow me to mark the door at the consulate or elsewhere.

BifBologna
07-18-2014, 10:54 PM
Are there any mission requirements before you can start doing this contract. The only stars I see on the mini-map are related to the NPCs (like Cass and Eren). I haven't found anything that would allow me to mark the door at the consulate or elsewhere.

No, there shouldn't be any mission requirements. I hadn't completed any new missions or done anything special when I got my first mark. In fact I didn't do anything but stand around at Shondu's. Someone else grabbed the mark and I just happened to be in range.

genie
07-19-2014, 07:22 PM
I found it at Muir today. I saw the star at Shondu and it was the Tarr Traxx crate. I ported to Muir and saw a star and it was the mark.

sarahatesclowns
07-20-2014, 10:43 AM
There's also one of each at E-Rep Camp, another of each at the mutant camp just up the hill from the Bloodbath Turnout Vendors, and I don't remember if it's a Defiant or a Tarr, but there's one near Bloodbath Turnout at Serenity Power, too.

Shotora
07-20-2014, 02:44 PM
Anyone figure out how to "leave the mark of the Defiant" for today's Defiant Few daily contract?

lol it be nice to know but I got it randomly while standing at the defiant few merchant afk i can hear game in background when minimized i heard a notification so went back in see what it was and said i had completed leave the mark for that daily

also i always randomly complete tarr family dailys as well todays was completed while playing a volge seige shrugs who knows coughbuggycough i think

BifBologna
07-20-2014, 05:42 PM
also i always randomly complete tarr family dailys as well todays was completed while playing a volge seige shrugs who knows coughbuggycough i think

Not buggy. They set it up intentionally to give anyone within 30m of a mark/box credit when someone else interacts with that mark/box.

Shotora
07-21-2014, 03:35 AM
Not buggy. The set it up intentionally to give anyone within 30m of a mark/box credit when someone else interacts with that mark/box.
ahh i see whats the fun in that?

Cypher7
07-26-2014, 05:38 AM
Just went to Shondu's and as you approach the door straight ahead, interact and that leaves the mark...

James Peanute
07-26-2016, 05:42 PM
Sorry did not work, I see the star where shondu is but no sign telling me to "Leave the mark of the Defiant" There are no other stars on the map around shondu's

Gaige12
07-26-2016, 06:49 PM
DF mark will show as 2 red slashes on your minimap.

Also, obligatory gif

http://img.pandawhale.com/post-15416-Necromancer-mouse-summoning-th-uX3l.gif

Johnny Gatt
07-26-2016, 06:58 PM

That is because someone had triggered the mark as you were arriving.