PDA

View Full Version : unique weapons?

steve french69
07-14-2014, 02:49 PM
do the unique weapons that you get from quest rewards have any added hidden benefits?i received a AR-216 gladiater(green)that I upgraded to blue and opened all the mod slots and was curious about it

Strykewolf
07-14-2014, 02:52 PM
Not that I'm aware of.

Most of the time I just replace as I ego up. Only one I've kept was the XAR, since I like it.

Lillith Valerian
07-14-2014, 04:59 PM
They are spectacular in their meh factor. No performance increases. No truly unique skins. Just names.

If Trion isn't going to give us the ability the name our weapons, it would have been neat to at least let us name the story reward weapons when we got them.

CM Kiwibird
07-14-2014, 05:37 PM
If Trion isn't going to give us the ability the name our weapons

We're still planning on that being a feature.

Mine's going to be named the Kiwistrike.

Lillith Valerian
07-14-2014, 06:59 PM

I'm normally disgusted with something devs sometimes do, which is run around in game with super-cool custom equipment the players can't have.

But I think it would be a great idea if they created a ornithoid-skinned Hawker Harrier for you to fly around in game, while deleting and banning people for the vile things found in game chat. Particularly if the last thing someone saw before being kicked from the server was your VSTOL suddenly appearing over them. In fact, I think that would be hilarious.

All of my load-out names are in Latin, Castithan, Irathient, or Bantu, depending on the character. My weapons would probably be the same.

Xaat Xuun
07-14-2014, 08:04 PM

let me guess . . that's going on the Birdshot shotgun

Three Dog
07-14-2014, 11:22 PM
Is it possible to get higher lvl versions of the named weapons by doing a replay on the episode? I outgrew the lightning rifle that Nolan gives you and sold it awhile back before I realized you could upgrade them to your ego lvl. I `d like to get that rifle again.

Logain
07-15-2014, 12:09 AM
Is it possible to get higher lvl versions of the named weapons by doing a replay on the episode? I outgrew the lightning rifle that Nolan gives you and sold it awhile back before I realized you could upgrade them to your ego lvl. I `d like to get that rifle again.

You can. Here is what do.

1. Make a new character.

2. Play up to the mission you get the reward gun of interest.

3. Make sure that character's inventory is completely full.

4. Play mission with full inventory. When the mission is completed the reward gun will go into claims.

5. Log back in as main character. Go to claims and claim gun.

That should do it. Good luck!

Three Dog
07-15-2014, 12:16 AM
You can. Here is what do.

1. Make a new character.

2. Play up to the mission you get the reward gun of interest.

3. Make sure that character's inventory is completely full.

4. Play mission with full inventory. When the mission is completed the reward gun will go into claims.

5. Log back in as main character. Go to claims and claim gun.

That should do it. Good luck!

The amount of arkforge that would be needed to bring that rifle up to the 5300 ego range wouldn`t be worth it. Now even more so since arkforge has become so much more scarce from the lockboxes. Wouldn`t be a bad idea if arkforge was rewarded like it was last week. I`ll just use the emc rifle from the hidden vendor and save myself the headache.

Logain
07-15-2014, 04:27 AM
Gun that shows --- (most named guns) automatically go to the EGO of claiming character. So I suspect that it would be 5300 when claimed by your main character. I have done this for a few guns just not the XAR.

Xaat Xuun
07-15-2014, 11:56 AM
I need to try that . . I know that rewards that are same as trash loot goes to claims as the level of the character, but I never really notice if unique did the same .. I'm sure I've seen no level numbers behind some items, but that's been a while since I've see such