PDA

View Full Version : New Crossover Missions: Finding Karl Von Bach

Scapes
07-14-2014, 05:46 PM
http://www.trionworlds.com/defiance/wp-content/uploads/sites/5/2014/07/DEF_ACT_NewMissionScreens_01_720x322.jpg (http://www.trionworlds.com/defiance/en/2014/07/14/new-crossover-missions-finding-karl-von-bach)

Attention ark hunters: Karl Von Bach, missing scientist-CEO of Von Bach Industries, has turned up alive at Twin Peaks station. He appears to have conquered death itself and is offering to share his secrets in the form of a new, free EGO for all takers.

Read the full article on the website. (http://www.trionworlds.com/defiance/en/2014/07/14/new-crossover-missions-finding-karl-von-bach)

Due to ongoing issues with the Xbox 360 patch, this content will be delayed on that platform.

nathanpbutler
07-14-2014, 11:27 PM
Now if only it wasn't utterly anticlimactic on PS3 NA because it appears that no one can get it to actually load the final cutscene (just interact with Cass and go to an infinite loading screen), and no one can play the data recorders that are earned, since they have no "play" option in the menu...

(And I guess as long as I'm pointing out issues with new content: Where the heck is "Restless Dead" that is required for one of the new Grid pursuits? It doesn't seem to be showing up on PS3 NA either.)

l Krazey Ivan l
07-15-2014, 04:27 AM
Now if only it wasn't utterly anticlimactic on PS3 NA because it appears that no one can get it to actually load the final cutscene (just interact with Cass and go to an infinite loading screen), and no one can play the data recorders that are earned, since they have no "play" option in the menu...

(And I guess as long as I'm pointing out issues with new content: Where the heck is "Restless Dead" that is required for one of the new Grid pursuits? It doesn't seem to be showing up on PS3 NA either.)

You think that's bad? you cant even do the new missions on the 360 because they stuffed up the new patch now we have to wait while they fix it .

Dr Zoidberg1983
07-15-2014, 04:32 AM
WOOOO! NEW MISSIONS..... oh yeah, I play on an Xbox 360. Nevermind.:rolleyes:

Lucent
07-15-2014, 05:09 AM

Please fix this before it gets on 360!

N3gativeCr33p
07-15-2014, 05:37 AM
Due to ongoing issues with the Xbox 360 patch, this content will be delayed on that platform.

http://www.brainstuck.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/rub-salt.jpg

Grandpa Ace
07-15-2014, 07:15 AM
Totally agree; and what about the promise of New Lands. We can't even get to Silicone Valley yet...the Big Question...WHY NOT?????????? It should have been opened up yesterday with this FUBAR (fouled up beyond all recognition) Storyline.
And how about an explanation about what are in the Defiant Few Kits at their vender. Crime Fighter Kit etc.; what is in them??????????
Overall, very very anticlimactic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dramaQkarri
07-15-2014, 07:27 AM
The "F" in my FUBAR is a different word.

While I REALLY want to be excited about this, I can't help but have a feeling of impending disaster. First we get TD undermining all the work other Team Members put into this forum to make it much friendlier. Then the patch 2.1 fails miserably on Xbox. Then PC & PS3 discover all sorts of the usual shenanigans with the new missions. Not to mention the massive plot holes.

It all kind of reeks of bush league. Again rushed to get stuff to us that's still in beta form. Unfinished. Untested. Just un.

moof
07-15-2014, 07:46 AM
good points as usual qkarri, the intel bits on the pc dont even work yet,there are as you said huge plotholes,silicon valley is nowhere

so really console players arent missing much not having the new content yet

dramaQkarri
07-15-2014, 07:51 AM
good points as usual qkarri, the intel bits on the pc dont even work yet,there are as you said huge plotholes,silicon valley is nowhere

so really console players arent missing much not having the new content yet

Oh PS3 we have the new content. Xbox is the new red-headed stepchild it seems.

Aggravation is aggravation...plenty to go around I guess.

moof
07-15-2014, 07:57 AM
Oh PS3 we have the new content. Xbox is the new red-headed stepchild it seems.

Aggravation is aggravation...plenty to go around I guess.

ah ty,i stand corrected..i think this might have something to do with the xbox one being out and about...the ps3`s architecture is much more like a pc than the x360,so it could explain abit why the x360 is in bork land

Jasper Townsend
07-15-2014, 09:03 AM
Didn't they say the new map expansion would be active after the 5th episode had aired? I'm fairly certain of that without searching threads.

dramaQkarri
07-15-2014, 09:27 AM
Didn't they say the new map expansion would be active after the 5th episode had aired? I'm fairly certain of that without searching threads.

All I remember hearing was "mid-season" so in the next few weeks, anyway. Hopefully.

drackiller
07-15-2014, 10:50 AM
ah ty,i stand corrected..i think this might have something to do with the xbox one being out and about...the ps3`s architecture is much more like a pc than the x360,so it could explain abit why the x360 is in bork land

I think it`s totally the other way around m8.

Griffix8
07-15-2014, 12:04 PM
I believe Xbox and PC are closer in coding. Both are Microsoft.

nathanpbutler
07-15-2014, 12:04 PM

Correct. Last gen, the Xbox 360 was much more like a PC, so it was much easier to code for. That's why a lot of multiplatform games were first programmed for Xbox 360 and then ported over to the PS3 by the time of their launch.

N3gativeCr33p
07-15-2014, 12:06 PM

Same thing I was thinking... but I didn't want to "argue" with a fellow Lock Keeper. ;)

drackiller
07-15-2014, 02:06 PM
Same thing I was thinking... but I didn't want to "argue" with a fellow Lock Keeper. ;)

It was a tiny mistake, after all we are only humans :)

Atticus Batman
07-15-2014, 06:47 PM
WOOOO! NEW MISSIONS..... oh yeah, I play on an Xbox 360. Nevermind.:rolleyes:

Atleast now we know how our "redneck cousins" on the Ps3 have felt.

http://media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com/736x/41/36/9b/41369b638c8ce8778f96fda384fb63c1.jpg

Remember they have been behind several times before, and have gotten new content released late alot. Now it is our turn. Can't let Ps3 feel "special" that only they get screwed with anymore!!!!!!!

KasperSheitup
07-16-2014, 05:55 AM
I liked the new missions even if short. Interesting development on the EGO implants.
Looking forward to more new stuff and finding out what really happened with Von Bach.
Last cutscene (sorry PS3'ers) was pretty haunting when that other EGO tried to take over.

Wolfling
07-16-2014, 03:54 PM
I appreciate the effort to get the new missions out before this week's show even if there are still a few bugs on the 360. Hopefully, if there are any glitches, it won't spoil any crossovers.

l Krazey Ivan l
07-21-2014, 04:12 AM
I like this new story, its getting interesting again. Looking forward to next episode