PDA

View Full Version : New player here, what are the bare-minimum requirements to get Black Challenger?

Terin
07-15-2014, 10:11 AM
I know that it's pretty blatant marketing, but I'll be honest; I just freaking LOVE the new Challengers! I know that the Black Challenger is supposed to be unlockable by completing various racing missions/achievements, but I'm just curious how big an investment I'm really looking at to do so? For that matter, is it even really feasible as someone still starting out, or do you really need much better vehicles just to complete the prerequisites?

So far, the only thing I've got is that starting 4-wheeler.

agiantmudcrab
07-15-2014, 10:13 AM
You could do all of the races in a good 2 hours with no breaks. They are quite simple.

cmpowell
07-15-2014, 10:16 AM
all races a with the provided vehicle I believe you have to get gold(?) in them all

Extreme Rugburn
07-15-2014, 10:18 AM
You have to achieve a gold ranking in all the races listed under the vehicle pursuit in order to unlock the challenger. Each race has a predetermined vehicle that you use, so it doesnt matter which ones you have. It helps to be max level (level 20) with your vehicles though as that will grant you speed and speed boost bonuses. The amount of time it will take you is based upon your skill or lack thereof, but the 2 hours listed above sounds about right.

Lantesh
07-15-2014, 10:22 AM
Until you get the black one, you can buy an orange one for 30k at the Crystal Pond vendor.

http://www.defiancedata.com/vendor.php?id=17

You can also sometimes find them at the Headlands vendor on specials. I found a white one there. Should be enough to hold you over for your black one, unless you just want to knock out the pursuits for it.

ironcladtrash
07-15-2014, 10:25 AM
You have to achieve a gold ranking in all the races listed under the vehicle pursuit in order to unlock the challenger. Each race has a predetermined vehicle that you use, so it doesnt matter which ones you have. It helps to be max level (level 20) with your vehicles though as that will grant you speed and speed boost bonuses. The amount of time it will take you is based upon your skill or lack thereof, but the 2 hours listed above sounds about right.

Level 20 would be the best but I think level 10 is feasible as long as you are half way decent at racing.

The only other thing you need for the races would be rosary beads and keep praying your vehicle doesn't despawn in the middle of the race.

drackiller
07-15-2014, 11:03 AM
Or he can just buy one in the new faction vendor at the FORK.

Terin
07-15-2014, 11:42 AM
Hey, thanks for the replies, guys! Alright, well I'll probably attempt a few of these races later on, although will the Races themselves help me raise my vehicle level, or do I need to raise that separately?

nathanpbutler
07-15-2014, 12:02 PM
Let me also suggest something I forgot until it hit me in, of all places, the shower: Get the Hell on Wheels perk. It'll help your roller stay intact if you do happen to run into a stray skitterling or something en route to the next ring.

Kershoc
07-15-2014, 12:07 PM
Hey, thanks for the replies, guys! Alright, well I'll probably attempt a few of these races later on, although will the Races themselves help me raise my vehicle level, or do I need to raise that separately?

The races will help raise your skill same as just driving around on your runner. Keep in mind all the races needed for that pursuit are runner races, so that's the skill you want to look at.

N3gativeCr33p
07-15-2014, 12:10 PM
Or he can just buy one in the new faction vendor at the FORK.

Not if he/she is playing the game on Xbox 360.

Durva360
07-15-2014, 01:18 PM
You could try and challenge yourself, one of my low toons is only level 4 in runners and I managed gold in all the time trials. His ego now is only in the 300ish range and drives around in the black challenger