PDA

View Full Version : Crying for compensation

cyguy
07-16-2014, 11:13 AM
I don't know if anyone else if fed up, but I'm getting there. Every online game has it's issues. Every game will crash at times. Granted Defiance seems to do so more than any other, but these things happen. Lately the forums have gotten worse with people whining about long patch times, difficulty, and in general anything that they feel is unfair because they die or lose in something.

Everyone seems to feel entitled in the fact that they deserve something. Did you pay for the game? Then you got your bonuses when the game went free to play - that was their form of compensation. Would you have preferred the game servers go offline? Free to play attracted more people, and thus making them more money. You didn't pay for the game, and still feel you are owed something during downtimes? Seriously, I can understand the frustration with the disconnects and the bugs, but it doesn't mean you are owed something every time something happens.

People need to stop acting like spoiled brats, have patience and just play for the fun of it. Stop with all the whining. I understand that some people spend 24 hours on the game and probably stare aimlessly at a wall when there is downtime, and probably store up their rage. That's fine, but you aren't owed anything. Every game has long update patches, every game has it's problems.

If you have issues or problems, try being objective, submit bug reports and try to help in the process of smoothing out the game. If you enjoy the game and play non stop, then help resolve issues instead of complaining non stop. Try being constructive and helpful, instead of contributing to the declining morale of the players.

Rant over.

Bentu
07-16-2014, 11:17 AM
Who's going to be the first to say it?

Holy Bahamut3
07-16-2014, 11:21 AM
Just mother returning hostile that decided to grace our forums again for the show. Just ignore him Bentu he'll leave again after things cool off and the show goes to off season.

Belle Starr
07-16-2014, 11:21 AM
I kind of have to agree with your "rant." I've been saying similar things on the "If its not broken..." thread today. Constuctive criticism is the way too go! And have FUN on the game we must all love and enjoy or we wouldn't still be here playing it! :)

That said, I have stared at a wall more than once waiting for Defiance's servers to come back on - but I've never expected a reward for doing so :D

Belle Starr
07-16-2014, 11:23 AM
Aw guys, can't we all just get along :(

Chevota
07-16-2014, 11:27 AM
Its a fine line. Although most dont deserve compensation, there are some that do. Although, Trion has not helped this "entitlement" feeling players get, since every issue that seems to take more than 1 hour, usually grants some sort of "Compensation"

Onto the players that do deserve compensation... Patron Pass holders, and it really only affects the Pass boosts. Since that is Real Time, players are losing that time to the best of my knowledge. I think Clan and Group are also Real Time?... So, those boosts are being lost after paying $ for them, so I see it fine to ask for time added there...

People usually gripe for Self Boosts though. Which is pretty lame since, its Game Time. And since you arent online, your not using your Time. Therefore, you are not losing anything... These people are the tools that need to be given a dopeslap lol.

dramaQkarri
07-16-2014, 11:37 AM
No one sees the irony of a thread complaining about complaint threads? Hmmmmmmmm.......

Or is this just a diversionary tactic?

Chevota
07-16-2014, 11:40 AM
No one sees the irony of a thread complaining about complaint threads?

Would eliminate half the threads and 3/4ths of the forum posts if people avoided such irony.

bigguy
07-16-2014, 11:44 AM
At this point there are just as many stop crying threads as there are threads complaining about the things TRION has screwed up.

Bentu
07-16-2014, 11:49 AM
No one sees the irony of a thread complaining about complaint threads? Hmmmmmmmm.......?

Bingo..................

dramaQkarri
07-16-2014, 11:50 AM
Bingo..................

Well someone had to say it point blank. Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeesh.

Bentu
07-16-2014, 11:51 AM
Well someone had to say it point blank. Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeesh.

:).....................

Quebra Regra
07-16-2014, 12:15 PM
give me a personal rep boost!! give it to me now (in claims) because I deserve it!

Now I say!

*waiting*

Is it there yet? ;)

dramaQkarri
07-16-2014, 12:46 PM
In light of the fact that PC players got their 1000 arkforge and patron pass way, way back on June 4th...I'd say us console players do deserve something. What, I don't know.

Here's a link to the original free-to-play announcement:
http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?157689-Defiance-Free-to-Play-Arrives-June-4!

Also of note, the link in 2nd to last paragraph that says "detailed comparison of benefits" (purchased vs. F2P) is no longer a correct reference.
It now looks like this:
https://www.defiance.com/en/play-for-free/
Only a download, a video, and some small amount of written hype. No comparison whatsoever is available.

So yeah. We'd like something.

Bonehead
07-16-2014, 01:42 PM
Who's going to be the first to say it?

Pretty sure you just did....

Belle Starr
07-16-2014, 04:47 PM
If we (PC players) got something in general because of patch problems or whatever, then you (console players) should get something in general too. That's only fair! I'll take your word that we PC players got something, because I don't remember it, but I'm not attentive about those kind of things. :)

I question more that many think that they should get something every time there is a specific disconnect or a lag, and complain vehemently on the forums when they don't get it. Again,constructive criticism would be much more useful :D