PDA

View Full Version : Sony/MS shouldn't let them make this game f2p.

OrpheusXI
07-16-2014, 07:55 PM
Because it's so broken. Dust and Dc universe has no where neat the amount of kicks as this game. every single day i play this game I get kicked just from opening the map then I cant re-log and and gotta hard quit and half the time it fracks the system up and restarts(happened while I was writing this lol).

How are they gonna let people spend their money on a very broken game? People thought they could fix crap like this when the game came out and most of the problems are since day one. Wish this was why the game was delayed to go f2p but I'm sure it isn't, sadly.

nathanpbutler
07-16-2014, 08:01 PM
How are they gonna let people spend their money on a very broken game?

Hence . . . *free* to play?

OrpheusXI
07-16-2014, 08:01 PM
Hence . . . *free* to play?

You can still spend money though. -_-

Alexri
07-16-2014, 08:06 PM
Trion isn't a very good developer and they make a lot of stupid mistakes both in customer relations, game development, patching/release strategy, etc. However I believe the biggest issue was to release this game on x360 and PS3. Getting the game to work well on those consoles just seems to be beyond Trion's reach, even if other developers are able to do it.

txusguy328
07-16-2014, 08:11 PM
The real sad truth is there are SOOO many problems in this game which are never adressed ( I have submitted soo many bug reports I lost count) and what do they do??? Keep adding moe content maybe in there mind this will simply fix everything! Lol

txusguy328
07-16-2014, 08:14 PM
I totally agree. But you cannot blame them greed is an almighty motivator

CRIXDA
07-16-2014, 08:20 PM
Trion isn't a very good developer and they make a lot of stupid mistakes both in customer relations, game development, patching/release strategy, etc.
TESTIFY!
and when you find something that is actually fun and worthwhile, the HEAD of the PROJECT calls everyone A-HOLES and ruins it!

(I do take exception to the customer relations point, though. Kiwi kicks more tail than a one-legged man in an @$$-kickin' contest and Scapes is right in there too)

hardy83
07-16-2014, 08:29 PM
lol Yeah, because no game has ended up on those platforms that have been utterly broken.

Alexri
07-16-2014, 09:06 PM
Kiwi kicks more tail than a one-legged man in an @$$-kickin' contest and Scapes is right in there too)

Kiwi seems decent. Scapes was present in the livestream where they banned everything and everyone, so...yeah. Also those two monkeys they had running around the forums last year sort of did so much damage that I still think the overall CS experience is on the side of fail, even if it is (or was before the livestream) improving.

Bonehead
07-16-2014, 09:07 PM
I totally agree. But you cannot blame them greed is an almighty motivator

I blame myself.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Ytblp2ScGI

nathanpbutler
07-16-2014, 09:16 PM
The real sad truth is there are SOOO many problems in this game which are never adressed ( I have submitted soo many bug reports I lost count) and what do they do??? Keep adding moe content maybe in there mind this will simply fix everything! Lol

They're kind of between a rock and a hard place on that one. The whole concept of the game was as something that would grow and add more content with the show, and they were on the hook for five DLC packs before Season 2 could premiere. With a relatively small team, they could focus on the many and varied glitches, but end up missing the DLC window and/or having updates grind to a halt, thereby seeing the game die early (or earlier, depending on your expectations for the game's future prospects) . . . OR they could do what they did, keep to their requirements and mission, so to speak, but end up with everything else, including major bug fixes, going onto the back burner and thereby angering the community playing the game (who already paid for it).

It was a lose/lose circumstance.

drackiller
07-17-2014, 12:43 AM
It`s a bit offtopic but i have to say something that i thought interesting.
I use to go shopping at a HUGE supermarket in a shopping mall near my home. They have a gaming section and i use to go there just to see if can get old games at a good price. I go there in a daily basis and since the launch of the game last year they never had a copy of Defiance for sale, NEVER, I bought my game in a store up in the mall.

What i find interesting you ask!?
They canceled the F2P launch and misteriously tuesday when i went there they had for sale some copies of the game!!!
Just a coincidence i guess.

dreadi
07-17-2014, 04:14 AM
Have you seen what the game is selling for on xbox marketplace?....Some additions also that I hadn't noticed before.

Ruinne
07-17-2014, 05:22 AM
They're kind of between a rock and a hard place on that one. The whole concept of the game was as something that would grow and add more content with the show, and they were on the hook for five DLC packs before Season 2 could premiere. With a relatively small team, they could focus on the many and varied glitches, but end up missing the DLC window and/or having updates grind to a halt, thereby seeing the game die early (or earlier, depending on your expectations for the game's future prospects) . . . OR they could do what they did, keep to their requirements and mission, so to speak, but end up with everything else, including major bug fixes, going onto the back burner and thereby angering the community playing the game (who already paid for it).

It was a lose/lose circumstance.

It wasn't really lose/lose until all of the devs were laid off.

This is what happens when you spend money to make an MMORTS that absolutely nobody wanted.

Now it's going to be a MOBA, but it's "on hold".

Developing a game that no one will ever play? What's the profit margin on that?

WannV
07-17-2014, 05:56 AM
i doubt it is a client issue, i'd blame the servers for that, i used to play defiance quite a few hours a day and i don't recall getting disconnected more than 1-2 times per week, i am not getting disconnected now either but i do not play as much as i used to anymore. PC/EU

Pilot
07-17-2014, 06:10 AM
i doubt it is a client issue, i'd blame the servers for that, i used to play defiance quite a few hours a day and i don't recall getting disconnected more than 1-2 times per week, i am not getting disconnected now either but i do not play as much as i used to anymore. PC/EU I play PS3 the disconects are like part of the game. It has been bad from day one. All I can think when i'm playing is please don't disconnect, please don't disconnect, please don't disconnect.

dramaQkarri
07-17-2014, 06:58 AM
I blame myself.

Me too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Ytblp2ScGI
10char

Ruinne
07-17-2014, 07:38 AM
I blame myself.

Me too.

I blame both of you.

Gray
07-17-2014, 09:25 AM
What i find interesting you ask!?
They canceled the F2P launch and misteriously tuesday when i went there they had for sale some copies of the game!!!
Just a coincidence i guess.

retail stores usually make their own prices, worst case this means someone in management has actually some clue.

Developing a game that no one will ever play? What's the profit margin on that?

there is definitely a market for RTS games, but iirc there were also problems with the other team, then the shift in direction etc..

Ruinne
07-17-2014, 02:14 PM
there is definitely a market for RTS games, but iirc there were also problems with the other team, then the shift in direction etc..

It vanished soon after a big beta weekend. In game you'd have been hard pressed to find anyone who thought it was a good idea. It could have been a decent RTS though, but Trion wanted online game revenue streams, not single player money. The simple mechanics were sound, the controls were excellent, the graphics were just about right, but the online competitive aspect made the game a horrible experience. Rock, paper, scissors PvP in an online environment?

The point doesn't go away, that non-game cost Trion money and the optics from outside make it look like that was a major motivator for the great employee purge that followed it's mysterious disappearance.

Gray
07-17-2014, 02:39 PM
The point doesn't go away, that non-game cost Trion money and the optics from outside make it look like that was a major motivator for the great employee purge that followed it's mysterious disappearance.

I don't disagree, was playing rift at that time and you could definitely feel the effects of eon imploding (and probably defiance underperforming). just saying there must've been more going on than eon being a niche-genre game ;)

Ruinne
07-17-2014, 04:05 PM
I don't disagree, was playing rift at that time and you could definitely feel the effects of eon imploding (and probably defiance underperforming). just saying there must've been more going on than eon being a niche-genre game ;)

I think it's really more of a reflection of who was running the show. We don't throw millions of dollars at the wall to see if they stick when we're a fairly small game developer. It was just plain reckless.