PDA

View Full Version : Devs: Weapon Use Has Changed Ė Please Add New Faction Weapons

Overtkill21
07-17-2014, 07:55 AM
So with all of the changes to the game in the past 6 months, the Faction Weapons are no longer the best, or essential weapon variants.

What do I mean?

Why isnít there a Faction FRC Sludge (Frontier Poop Launcher is my suggestion for a name) in the Top Notch Vendor? Why isnít there a Faction FRC Northstar Flare in there as well?

How about a faction Canker, Courier, Clustershot or Bonfire in the VBI Vendor?

My point is that the existing Faction Weapon selection, which letís face it, are the chase weapons at this point, is not reflective of the weapons being used by the majority of players.

Could more Faction variants be added? It should be a simple matter and it would be much appreciated.

DeadEye68
07-17-2014, 08:02 AM
Faction weapons aren't on my list for a simple reason, they don't have the rolls I want. Adding more of them will bring no change.

I disagree with them ever being the "best" weapons. They have fixed rolls, therefore leaving little room for evolution. Any green non-faction weapon can, with some luck, be turned into something much better.

ironcladtrash
07-17-2014, 08:05 AM
Faction weapons aren't on my list for a simple reason, they don't have the rolls I want. Adding more of them will bring no change.

I disagree with them ever being the "best" weapons. They have fixed rolls, therefore leaving little room for evolution. Any green non-faction weapon can, with some luck, be turned into something much better.

Buy the faction lockboxes. The weapons in their have random stats and the base damage is higher. That is why they are desired.

I also would want better weapons to buy from the vendor directly too instead of a chance on a lockbox.

mes77
07-17-2014, 08:06 AM

pretty sure you are talking about warmaster guns having all the same rolls, I like the emc service rifles and they dont all have the same rolls, I have two frontier saws and they dont have the same rolls.

ironcladtrash
07-17-2014, 08:11 AM
pretty sure you are talking about warmaster guns having all the same rolls, I like the emc service rifles and they dont all have the same rolls, I have two frontier saws and they dont have the same rolls.

If you buy the weapon itself from the vendor and not the boxes they all have the same stats. The nanos though do change seemingly based on your ego level which is an old bug because sometimes it may not have one.

DeadEye68
07-17-2014, 08:11 AM
Buy the faction lockboxes. The weapons in their have random stats and the base damage is higher. That is why they are desired.

To each his own. I achieved better results so far with rarity upgrades. Increased base damage is no compensation for jumbled bonus rolls in my book.

Overtkill21
07-17-2014, 08:14 AM

I certainly welcome any differing viewpoints on this but you are entirely mistaken.

All Faction weapons have random rolls, nano, & synergy.

Their Synergy selection is limited (Top Notch faction weapons can only be Hard Boiled or Prepared and VBI faction weapons can only be Nano-Mastery or EGO Precision).

Faction weapons also get the faction Damage bonus - which I believe is 15%? (Someone correct me if I'm wrong).

True Faction Weapons only come from Top Notch, VBI (at Shondus) and Soleptor (at Crater)

Echelon Faction is a joke. PvP - LOL.

7th Legion Faction & Thorn Liro are DLC Factions and get no Damage bonus (though there aren't "regular" version of the Thorn Liro weapons anyway)

Paradise Faction & Chimera Faction have set rolls and are garbage weapons anyway.

Warmaster Weapons are DLC weapons and not faction weapons and have set rolls.

Overtkill21
07-17-2014, 08:15 AM
To each his own. I achieved better results so far with rarity upgrades. Increased base damage is no compensation for jumbled bonus rolls in my book.

This isn't a case of "To each his own" it is a case of "You Are mistaken".

ironcladtrash
07-17-2014, 08:21 AM
All Faction weapons have random rolls, nano, & synergy.

I want clarify this. Are you only talking about the lockboxes? The direct buy weapons always have the same stats for me. Are they different for you?

Zombie Stark
07-17-2014, 08:26 AM

Unless you roll the dice with a weapon cache and end up with the best rolls. With the added faction damage increase you basically have the best version of a weapon. Faction weapons are indeed the preferred chase.
Plus, there is a possibility we'll be able to re-roll their synergies in the future, making a faction weapon that much more valuable.

EDIT: I agree with OP. Please add more weapon variants.

bigguy
07-17-2014, 08:26 AM
Im sorry DeadEye68 but you are missing something , my friend Overt isnt talking about the ones you see listed but rather the ones you can recieve from buying the faction vendor supply crate thats at the bottom of the list. The items recieved from the supply crate have varying rolls , I pulled a blue double crit fire nano prepared battle rifle that i upgraded to OJ and now its 2.2 crit with over 7k damage and .16 bloom.

I think that the OP's idea is outstanding and should be implemented immediatly.

Cavadus
07-17-2014, 08:54 AM
Y'know, they still have a huge pass to do to clean-up crappy backpack synergies and some of the mod synergies. Most backpack synergies are garbage and three or four of the mod synergies have useless [3] and [4] bonuses.

And on top of that the purple bonus rolls are almost universally garbage at this point.

After that, though, it would be nice if some uniformity was brought to the faction vendors. Being able to pick up a purple EMC Service Rifle and SMG from Shondu's would be nice. It would be nice if there was a VBI TACC AR variant on there. It'd be nice of Top Notch had all of the FRC weapons on there. I think only Echelon has grenade launchers and rocket launchers on there. I'd love to have a decent Armada.

There's a lot missing.

Xervez
07-17-2014, 09:09 AM
I've asked a similar question during one of the older streams and Trick answered it.

Trick stated that they have no plans on going down the FRC weapon line and or including new versions of the FRC weapons besides whatever is there right now.

Hence we kept getting re-skins of the same VBI / Votan weapons over and over and over just with different names.

Altras
07-17-2014, 09:11 AM
Hence we kept getting re-skins of the same VBI / Votan weapons over and over and over just with different names.

Shhh we're not supposed to notice :p

Overtkill21
07-17-2014, 09:30 AM
I want clarify this. Are you only talking about the lockboxes? The direct buy weapons always have the same stats for me. Are they different for you?

Yeah just lockboxes - I ignore the listed weapons - they have no synergy and I consider them to be bait for the folks who don't know enough to grind rep.

ironcladtrash
07-17-2014, 10:59 AM
Yeah just lockboxes - I ignore the listed weapons - they have no synergy and I consider them to be bait for the folks who don't know enough to grind rep.

Thanks, there are enough severely broken things in this game it wouldn't have surprised me that much if you had said otherwise.

Although the one weapon I liked was the Big Boomer from Top Notch because of the weapon rolls. I wasted a **** ton of ark forge to upgrade 2 of them to legendary and they both got the velocity bonus which I personally hate. I will keep them though and hope I can eventually change that stat.

For the weapons I would love to see a faction ranger, or tach mag.

Cavadus
07-17-2014, 11:09 AM
Ah, you don't like the velocity rolls? I took a submortar off echelon to orange. Got the double velocity roll and I've got a purple velocity barrel on it.

The distance I can hit stuff at with that thing is INSANE and it travels fast. It's the detonate-on-impact kind though which works very well for it.

Nefarious
07-17-2014, 11:47 AM
When the game allows players to be able to re-roll bonus rolls and Synergies the faction weapons are going to be the only versions players are going to want to use since they have higher base damage then normal already. This on top of the changes players will be able to make to them will make faction weapons the best variants. Well in most cases anyway, as long as Nano's stick and cant be changed.. if not then expect everyone rocking a custom Perforator.

ironcladtrash
07-17-2014, 11:49 AM
Ah, you don't like the velocity rolls? I took a submortar off echelon to orange. Got the double velocity roll and I've got a purple velocity barrel on it.

The distance I can hit stuff at with that thing is INSANE and it travels fast. It's the detonate-on-impact kind though which works very well for it.

On the Big Boomer I hate it cause if I am level with my target I tend to overshoot my target a lot. Sometimes so far I can't even see that it landed as opposed to the shot arking and only going so many feet. If I try to compensate and aim more precisely I could make up for it but if I wanted to aim I would use a bullet gun. To me that defeats the purpose when I just want to pull the trigger aimlessly and watch stuff explode. But that is just personal preference.

I do like the roll on other detonators though and especially the Volge Battle rifle.

ironcladtrash
07-17-2014, 11:51 AM
When the game allows players to be able to re-roll bonus rolls and Synergies the faction weapons are going to be the only versions players are going to want to use since they have higher base damage then normal already on top of the changes they will be able to make to them. Well in most cases anyway, as long as Nano's stick and cant be changed.. if not then expect everyone rocking a custom Perforator.

This too, although there are still a lot of WM weapons I would use. Mainly because there is no faction equivalent for a lot of them.

SirServed
07-17-2014, 11:57 AM
When the game allows players to be able to re-roll bonus rolls and Synergies the faction weapons are going to be the only versions players are going to want to use since they have higher base damage then normal already. This on top of the changes players will be able to make to them will make faction weapons the best variants. Well in most cases anyway, as long as Nano's stick and cant be changed.. if not then expect everyone rocking a custom Perforator.
Unless the Perforator mysteriously turns into a SMG with better base stats than a Needler, no dice.

Alastar
07-17-2014, 12:28 PM
Eh. I've got my EMC XAR-22 and my Wolfy as well as a couple saws swords and a sumi. I'm good on new weapons. Here's hoping for y'all tho.

Overtkill21
07-17-2014, 01:19 PM

I'm already there honestly - Got a few orange weapons in the past months that I would have usually been stoked about VBI AR, Wolfhound, FRC Assault Carbine, FRC Big Boomer, you know the like - but since I have better versions from the Factions I could not care less about these "normals" LOL.

Now when/if we're able to add a Synergy to those Synergy-less weapons listed in the vendors then all bets are off - People will do as their Arkforge supply will allow - some will indeed buy a green one and roll and reroll everything until they get the exact rolls, synergy, and nano they want.

Kimiko
07-17-2014, 01:33 PM
Does the defiant few weaponry get the 15% bonus dmg?

Lillith Valerian
07-17-2014, 01:39 PM
Thanks, there are enough severely broken things in this game it wouldn't have surprised me that much if you had said otherwise.

Although the one weapon I liked was the Big Boomer from Top Notch because of the weapon rolls. I wasted a **** ton of ark forge to upgrade 2 of them to legendary and they both got the velocity bonus which I personally hate. I will keep them though and hope I can eventually change that stat.

For the weapons I would love to see a faction ranger, or tach mag.

What purple rolls did you pull with those?

I upped mine, and landed a purple speed boost on kill. I'm hoping there's variety in the purple (and by extension orange?) bonuses, so I have a hope of landing an orange damage bonus instead of what you got. I'd hate that too.

bigguy
07-17-2014, 01:45 PM
I got an orange damage bonus on mine Lillith.

konstantinov
07-17-2014, 02:02 PM
I got an orange damage bonus on mine Lillith.

I got OJ dmg on both of mine as well.

Overtkill21
07-17-2014, 02:34 PM
I got OJ dmg on both of mine as well.

I got OJ Damage on my Faction Big Boomer as well.

Cavadus
07-17-2014, 02:35 PM
I got OJ Damage on my Faction Big Boomer as well.

I also got the orange damage roll when I upgraded my Frontier Semi-Auto. Got double velocity when I took my Echelon Submortar to orange.

Overtkill21
07-17-2014, 02:36 PM
I also got the orange damage roll when I upgraded my Frontier Semi-Auto.

I pulled one of those natural OJ, and it had Double Damage - very nice little guns those Quick Repeater variants...

Cavadus
07-17-2014, 02:49 PM
I pulled one of those natural OJ, and it had Double Damage - very nice little guns those Quick Repeater variants...

Yup, it's my go-to SHTF rifle for my primary loadout. Need to carry around ammo spikes, though. I have the lowest power scope on there at the moment and use it like a battle rifle. At EGO 5700 I'm doing 16k per normal shot. I'll eek out another 5% once I get my last ten cores and throw all orange mods on it.

Kimiko
07-17-2014, 03:30 PM
Ill take that as a no...

ironcladtrash
07-17-2014, 06:25 PM
What purple rolls did you pull with those?

I upped mine, and landed a purple speed boost on kill. I'm hoping there's variety in the purple (and by extension orange?) bonuses, so I have a hope of landing an orange damage bonus instead of what you got. I'd hate that too.

I don't remember what the purple rolls were and I'll be out of town for a bit with out access to a gaming PC :( . I do remember they are different though. As everyone else said it is definitely possible for the orange damage bonus, that's the one I want too. I have horrible luck with the RNG I have a courier I lost track of how many times I reset it looking for the speed boost mastery.

ironcladtrash
07-17-2014, 06:31 PM
Yup, it's my go-to SHTF rifle for my primary loadout. Need to carry around ammo spikes, though. I have the lowest power scope on there at the moment and use it like a battle rifle. At EGO 5700 I'm doing 16k per normal shot. I'll eek out another 5% once I get my last ten cores and throw all orange mods on it.

I really like them in PVP too. For snipers I alternate between my quick repeater and ranger. PvP is why I would love to see a faction ranger.

Holy Bahamut3
07-17-2014, 06:36 PM
Here's a link to my suggestion list. Pay close attention to my suggestions in Gunslinger. Perhaps it will pique your interest.
http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?167890-Suggestions-for-DLC-(current)

Chevota
07-17-2014, 06:52 PM
Dear ArkHunters,

We notice many of you in the Minority have stated that you would like to have weapons to be added to Factions. In response to this mistake, we will be nerfing out the Faction DMG boost.

Sincerely, the Majority.

Overtkill21
07-18-2014, 08:46 AM
Dear ArkHunters,

We notice many of you in the Minority have stated that you would like to have weapons to be added to Factions. In response to this mistake, we will be nerfing out the Faction DMG boost.

Sincerely, the Majority.

I fully expect something like this to happen, honestly. When it does there just won't be any "chase" left in me...then it's PS4 time.

bigguy
07-18-2014, 08:56 AM
Yup im really close to PS4 time too , My legs are exausted from the "chase".

The OP has a really good idea here , TRION follow this suggestion immediatly.

Cavadus
07-18-2014, 09:53 AM
Dear ArkHunters,

Sincerely, the Majority.

You forgot to insult veteran players though. You gotta make sure you insult us to completely Trick it out.

ConcreteSnake
07-18-2014, 10:01 AM
Yup im really close to PS4 time too , My legs are exausted from the "chase".

The OP has a really good idea here , TRION follow this suggestion immediatly.

only 6 weeks left until I can "chase" real loot in Diablo III again on next Gen consoles.

Overtkill21
07-18-2014, 11:43 AM
only 6 weeks left until I can "chase" real loot in Diablo III again on next Gen consoles.

Ok I gotta say it, PC players threw Diablo in the face of Console players as a reason PC's are the best for gaming.

Then I played Diablo 3 on my PS3 and I'm like, Huh? This Gauntlet-esque game is the reason to own a PC for gaming? Heck the supposed replayability is just playing the identical meh story over and over like 50 times to max out all of the classes to earn a crap trophy.

Ok I'm done, Diablo 3 and me aren't friends anymore.