PDA

View Full Version : What's up with the constant disconnects from PSN?

konstantinov
07-19-2014, 04:56 PM
It's not my internet and I can't sign back into PSN without restarting my ps3. Any others having the same problem?

This is way more aggravating than being dc'd.

Greybush
07-19-2014, 07:52 PM
Exact same thing has happened to me a few times in the last couple of days. Definitely a Defiance thing and not an internet issue.

cmpowell
07-19-2014, 08:01 PM
had the same problem a couple of times tonight. I also can't make it through a Major arkfall without getting dc'd

Stewart2410
07-19-2014, 08:35 PM
Same here. Can't log back in without powering off and back on. Got kicked from two dm and one incursion tonight as well.

Pandemonium
07-19-2014, 09:17 PM
same here for the last few days. I have yet to finish an event lately without having this happen

konstantinov
07-19-2014, 09:23 PM
http://weknowmemes.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/the-kiwi-bird-is-a-direct-descendant-of-tyrannosaurus-rex.jpg

Sounding the kiwi alert!

Kuurong
07-20-2014, 04:00 AM
I have had this happen, and the only other game that does this for me is Battlefield 4, Every other game I play does not do this to me at all, it has done it to me when I have had my PS3 hardlined into my router.

Rokea
07-20-2014, 08:30 AM
welcome to Defiance, you must be new to the new Frontier. Remember to lock your roller and keep an eye out for raiders. Your stay here should be a pleasant one except for the constant Disconnects that have plagued our lands since the terraforming spike went off in April of 2013.

Mia Faith
07-20-2014, 08:43 AM
It happens more now for me. After about 20 minutes

whit
07-20-2014, 09:12 AM
Also happening to me a lot in the last few days, especially during DM monoliths. I have been playing defiance 5 months, I have always suffered defiance DCs, but quite rare I got a PSN DC, even then, if I checked my router logs I usually saw a network glitch. Not now, router log is clean. Found if I (menu) quit the game and started it again, got a PSN DNS error. Only way to get back on is to restart the PS3.

One theory I have, which is probably crap, is that the PSN network is being overloaded by activity caused by destiny downloads.

TremerChrist
07-20-2014, 09:24 AM
Also happening to me a lot in the last few days, especially during DM monoliths. I have been playing defiance 5 months, I have always suffered defiance DCs, but quite rare I got a PSN DC, even then, if I checked my router logs I usually saw a network glitch. Not now, router log is clean. Found if I (menu) quit the game and started it again, got a PSN DNS error. Only way to get back on is to restart the PS3.

One theory I have, which is probably crap, is that the PSN network is being overloaded by activity caused by destiny downloads.

Not sure about the psn, but I can't remember the last mono I played from start to finish and I'm xbox Na. With every hotfix they release for stability, my game gets worse. I've tried everything anyone has suggested and nothing has worked. Played for 45 minutes this mourning, ran two monos and critted 4 times. It was enough to make me log out and give it a break.

AceRimmer
07-20-2014, 01:41 PM
PSN disconnections-not normal disconnections from Defiance- where it says you have been logged out of PSN, is most probably due to Destiny.

If you read some google news about it, there has been a huge rise of PSN glitches and dc's, due to overwhelming demand that Destiny players are putting on PSN, it will probably will happen for Xbox too.

Haven't noticed any probs while playing Destiny, but, when I tried Defiance recently, I got psn dc'd about 3 times.

whit
07-21-2014, 12:26 AM
Thanks Ace, looks like you have confirmed it is the PSN network.

Found http://downdetector.co.uk/problems/playstation-network, gives a graph of PSN network problems (also .com). Next time I get a PSN DC I will check it against that. This seems to be reported problems, anybody seen anything more official, though I guess Sony are not going to show how crap their network is.

Covington
07-21-2014, 03:59 AM
On ps3 I stopped fast travelling and doing anything around any amount of people yesterday. It was impossible, noticed it was happening around the hour mark too. Twice I was disconnected from the PSN network too.

I would make tickets but they haven't answered any of my tickets in game and even deleted mine from the PC system... I feel a big "and so" reaction when that happens. The only way there has been communication is on here so I come here and say "still broken".

CM Kiwibird
07-21-2014, 12:16 PM
I would make tickets but they haven't answered any of my tickets in game and even deleted mine from the PC system...

You should be getting responses, unless you're submitting bug reports or you don't have your Trion Worlds account linked to your Defiance gameplay account. It's important to have them linked if you're submitting them in game so that we can send you an email response.

If you need immediate assistance, please make sure to use Live Chat! It's a great way to get immediate support. :o

konstantinov
07-21-2014, 12:24 PM
You should be getting responses, unless you're submitting bug reports or you don't have your Trion Worlds account linked to your Defiance gameplay account. It's important to have them linked if you're submitting them in game so that we can send you an email response.

If you need immediate assistance, please make sure to use Live Chat! It's a great way to get immediate support. :o

Kiwi, can memory leaks cause hard freezes?

Greybush
07-21-2014, 12:26 PM
This problem is limited to, and only to Defiance on my end. I can play any other game or run any other app on the PS3 problem free. Playing Defiance is the only thing that ends in me getting kicked from game or app, losing internet and returning to DNS errors. It's also getting progressively worse. I will not be wasting time with live chat for something like this as I'm already certain they have no idea what the cause is or the remedy.

Tigercml
07-21-2014, 12:39 PM
Well the Destiny beta will be down today and tomorrow for maintenance. So if there are problems again on Wednesday when the beta starts again I think we can safely say it's because of the Destiny beta traffic.

Rokea
07-21-2014, 01:46 PM
PSN disconnections-not normal disconnections from Defiance- where it says you have been logged out of PSN, is most probably due to Destiny.

If you read some google news about it, there has been a huge rise of PSN glitches and dc's, due to overwhelming demand that Destiny players are putting on PSN, it will probably will happen for Xbox too.
Haven't noticed any probs while playing Destiny, but, when I tried Defiance recently, I got psn dc'd about 3 times.
Hate to tell you but this has been an issue with this game way before Destiny

konstantinov
07-21-2014, 02:52 PM

Disconnects from the game yes, Disconnects from PSN no.

Tigercml
07-21-2014, 02:55 PM

You're completely misinterpreting what they are talking about. They are not talking about the critical disconnect issues. They are talking about getting signed out of the Playstation Network while playing. People getting signed out of the Playstation Network has not been an issue since launch.

Stewart2410
07-21-2014, 05:12 PM
Patch day!! One hard freeze and one restart system in 20 minutes. I love it!!

Burned In Effigy
07-21-2014, 05:25 PM
So I finally bit the bullet and bought a flashdrive saved all my save game data then I did a default reset on my ps3. Now my ps3 runs like a dream but my defiance experience is the ****ing same. One hard freeze since Friday. Several dcs a day, at least 20. I tried to get into the island exp coop and got dcd 7xs in a ****ing row. I was about to break my disc.

Stewart2410
07-21-2014, 05:34 PM
Today seems really bad too. I just had another disconnect.

Burned In Effigy
07-21-2014, 05:47 PM
Lately it seems like I'm playing in a complete ghost town. The two same ppl on chat talking about how nobody is on. I check my clan list and there's 3 ppl on , all recent additions. Youd think the dcs and hard freezes would stop. Nooooope.

cmpowell
07-21-2014, 05:48 PM
just got signed out again. has never happened to me before this last patch. disconnects, yes. signed out of psn, no.

and always happens during a monolith, to me anyway

Burned In Effigy
07-21-2014, 05:52 PM
just got signed out again. has never happened to me before this last patch. disconnects, yes. signed out of psn, no.

and always happens during a monolith, to me anyway
out of the 20 disconnects 10 were signed out of PSN

Stewart2410
07-21-2014, 05:59 PM
Lately it seems like I'm playing in a complete ghost town. The two same ppl on chat talking about how nobody is on. I check my clan list and there's 3 ppl on , all recent additions. Youd think the dcs and hard freezes would stop. Nooooope.

There are always people on when I'm on, Orr when I can stay on.

Chump Norris
07-21-2014, 06:04 PM
You talking about getting kicked from Defiance then get disconnected from PSN because of a DNS error?

If so I owe my internet provider an apology and am going to feel pretty stupid when the tech guy shows up Wednesday.

Burned In Effigy
07-21-2014, 06:05 PM
There are always people on when I'm on, Orr when I can stay on.
Yeah but its never felt like this. I've been on shards where I felt alone but jumped to a friend and all was good. Zone chat was non existent and half my friends list was playing a certain beta.

Burned In Effigy
07-21-2014, 06:08 PM
You talking about getting kicked from Defiance then get disconnected from PSN because of a DNS error?

If so I owe my internet provider an apology and am going to feel pretty stupid when the tech guy shows up Wednesday.lol I'm guessing ur being facetious but yes. Actually getting the "you have been disconnected from ps3 network" half of my dcs yesterday were ps3 dcs.

Stewart2410
07-21-2014, 06:11 PM
Yeah chump, have to restart your ps3. It won't let you log back in

Terrato137
07-21-2014, 06:14 PM
I actually haven't had too much disconnects today. 1 disconnect from PSN but that was actually my internet bein a little dumb. Think other than that...maybe...3 or 4, in a 7 hour period.

Burned In Effigy
07-21-2014, 06:43 PM
lol just got disconnected four more times and one time signed out of the PSN network

Chump Norris
07-21-2014, 06:45 PM
I really thought this was my internet or PS3 crapping out. I should have clicked on this thread a couple days ago...

$30 credit from Brighthouse networks and an appointment to have a technician come out are true.

Stewart2410
07-21-2014, 07:04 PM
I am a contract tech, I could've checked all the levels lol

Burned In Effigy
07-21-2014, 07:19 PM
I really thought this was my internet or PS3 crapping out. I should have clicked on this thread a couple days ago...

$30 credit from Brighthouse networks and an appointment to have a technician come out are true.hope I didn't offend but its not your I just did a default restart on my ps3 system its not your internet

Rasczak
07-21-2014, 07:24 PM
Never mind. Making a PC thread.

Burned In Effigy
07-21-2014, 07:27 PM
I've been getting this so often lately on NA-PC side that I've just about decided to walk away from the game, even with all the free Patron Pass time I have left from the Vet reward and the TV show codes.

Nothing like trying (repeatedly) to complete the Incursion contract for 7th Legion, only to spend upwards of 30 minutes going from site to site, then having a disconnect by Stage 4 or 5 of the final event, only to log back into a completely different Shard where the final event is not taking place. If I'm lucky, there's another early stage Incursion somewhere on the map I can rinse-and-repeat the process all over at. And logging in and out never gets me back to the original shard with the final event going on.

It's to the point now that the frustration with Defiance is out weighing the fun by a serious magnitude.

Being disconnected in the middle of a Co-Op or a major or minor arkfall (that I friggin wasted the spikes to call down) is another point.the almost one week that I was off of the game I seriously reconsider reinstalling the game I've just dealt with this for a full year and I just felt like no more please lol. Still a fun and interesting game though I don't know if I could ever truly walk away

Rasczak
07-21-2014, 07:30 PM
the almost one week that I was off of the game I seriously reconsider reinstalling the game I've just dealt with this for a full year and I just felt like no more please lol. Still a fun and interesting game though I don't know if I could ever truly walk away

Well, I've played Champions Online, Star Trek Online, and Neverwinter. And when Defiance hits me with more server issues than Cryptic ever did, there's a major problem. And Cryptic servers are notorious junk, ever since they expanded to running all three games off one cluster.

Burned In Effigy
07-21-2014, 07:32 PM
Well, I've played Champions Online, Star Trek Online, and Neverwinter. And when Defiance hits me with more server issues than Cryptic ever did, there's a major problem. And Cryptic servers are notorious junk, ever since they expanded to running all three games off one cluster.my brothers been playing Starcraft for awhile and he's having some issues as well

Rasczak
07-21-2014, 07:36 PM
my brothers been playing Starcraft for awhile and he's having some issues as well

I just installed Diablo 3 again (never did finish that one), and purchased some G-Coins for Marvel Heroes, which I've been enjoying a lot the past few months.

Pretty much breaking from full MMOs until the Warlords of Draenor expansion drops in December. Tried Wildstar on a buddy key, too. Didn't care much for it.

Burned In Effigy
07-21-2014, 10:49 PM
Seriously? Seriously!? I haven't been able to get into a coop since Saturday w/o dcing. Wtf? Does trion not want me to play or get cores? Fjmfc ppl.

BarrySciFi
07-21-2014, 11:13 PM
The game was largely unplayable today on ps3. Is this the longer, more fulfilling chase you've mentioned in the past, trick? I get it, very tricky ;)

Terrato137
07-21-2014, 11:17 PM
The game was largely unplayable today on ps3.

You sure? I got quite a bit accomplished today.

Pandemonium
07-21-2014, 11:24 PM
I finally gave up trying to play today. Every siege I went to I lagged out or showed up just to watch everyone do the stand still moonwalk. The 2 kicks from psn was the last icing on the cake.

Rasczak
07-22-2014, 12:27 AM
I finally gave up trying to play today. Every siege I went to I lagged out or showed up just to watch everyone do the stand still moonwalk. The 2 kicks from psn was the last icing on the cake.

I don't think it was just PSN. Like I said, PC has been bad, and today was especially craptastic.

Burned In Effigy
07-22-2014, 12:50 AM
so I'm wondering how long we have to deal with this cause usually we just disconnect for a while and then it evens out smooth for a while then a patch arrives then we'll just disconnect all over again

Chump Norris
07-22-2014, 12:52 AM
hope I didn't offend but its not your I just did a default restart on my ps3 system its not your internet

Nah no offense taken. I was just used to blaming PSN DNS errors on my own gear. This is just the first game ive ever played that caused them lol.

Covington
07-22-2014, 05:59 AM

I have been playing since beta, my console is connected... just ignored. I have done feedback and bug reports as well. I have one open ticket on pc still, the ps3 tickets disappeared as did all of my pc but one. I play because of the show and go on hiatus when its off the air, so its not like I am flooding the system all year round.

Tried live help once, unless things have changed I dont have that kinda time or nerves in my old age. :)

BIEBERyoloSWAG
07-22-2014, 07:29 AM
i laugh at the title of this thread...a year later and we still ask this question?

dramaQkarri
07-22-2014, 07:46 AM
http://forums.defiance.com/forumdisplay.php?35-Defiance-Server-Status

7/23 - Bit store maintenance
7/24 - NA maintenance
7/25 - EU maintenance

Basically, nothing to look forward to. No patch notes posted yet.

And NOTHING about all the connectivity issues being suffered through on all 3 platforms.

BIEBERyoloSWAG
07-22-2014, 07:51 AM
http://forums.defiance.com/forumdisplay.php?35-Defiance-Server-Status

7/23 - Bit store maintenance
7/24 - NA maintenance
7/25 - EU maintenance

Basically, nothing to look forward to. No patch notes posted yet.

And NOTHING about all the connectivity issues being suffered through on all 3 platforms.

Surprisingly on XBOX NA i have not disconnected from a monolith or warmaster in a couple weeks. One of the recent patches had to have done something to fix this. The only disconnect i had was the other day from getting two group invites at once which gave me a hard freeze rather than a disconnect

konstantinov
07-22-2014, 08:21 AM
i laugh at the title of this thread...a year later and we still ask this question?

It's playstation network not the crit outs.

Rasczak
07-22-2014, 10:04 AM
It's playstation network not the crit outs.

I've barely been able to complete a final Incursion event, Co-Op, or Minor/Major arkfall in weeks . . . and I am on PC-NA.

Copperpot
07-22-2014, 10:54 AM
It's not my internet and I can't sign back into PSN without restarting my ps3. Any others having the same problem?

This is way more aggravating than being dc'd.

My PS3 hates this game so much. It gets pissed and cuts off internet access all the time. No PSN for you!

Terrato137
07-22-2014, 11:06 AM
I've finished 2 major arkfalls, start to finish today, without any disconnecting/relogging/etc before, during, or after each major arkfall.

Burned In Effigy
07-22-2014, 11:14 AM
I've finished 2 major arkfalls, start to finish today, without any disconnecting/relogging/etc before, during, or after each major arkfall.trion love you yeah yeah yeah she love you yeah yeah yeah and with a love like that you know you should be glad

bigguy
07-22-2014, 11:15 AM
Yeah TRION is more interested in nerfing a good gun than actually fixing thier lag problems.

Terrato137
07-22-2014, 11:18 AM
trion love you yeah yeah yeah she love you yeah yeah yeah and with a love like that you know you should be glad

This is the first time its happened in a while lol.

konstantinov
07-22-2014, 02:34 PM
badaba boopi??

Greybush
07-22-2014, 04:19 PM
Just got booted from my internet while playing on EU as well. But hey, thanks for "fixing" those bloodhounds so quickly.

Covington
07-22-2014, 05:04 PM
Just got booted from my internet while playing on EU as well. But hey, thanks for "fixing" those bloodhounds so quickly.

They seem to have priorities - not sure what they are but they got em.

Greybush
07-22-2014, 06:19 PM
Not that Trion will do anything constructive with this information, but if memory serves, this has only been happening to me at infected seiges and incursions. Though I've cautiously stayed on the outer reaches of any major arkfalls to avoid this, seemingly with some success. But I can't speak for everyone's experience.

Chump Norris
07-26-2014, 10:47 PM
This needs to be fixed...two times in as many hours.

whit
07-27-2014, 01:42 AM
Twice yesterday on Kenn Farm, twice already this morning, Kenn Farm and Volge Siege. Waste of time me even trying anything major until this is sorted.

Please PC/xbox users don't derail this thread with your disconnect sagas. This thread concerns Playstation Network (PSN) disconnects probably caused by too much activity on an already crap network. It seems to be a recent thing, last two weeks, and maybe related to destiny usage, though has destiny finished now ?

Ginger Snaps
07-27-2014, 01:47 AM
Disconnects from the game yes, Disconnects from PSN no.

The PSN DCs while playing Defiance(and only when playing Defiance) that neccessitate repowering the PS3 to restore PSN access started at least a couple weeks before the Destiny Beta for me and several other people. It is not related to Destiny at all. It is most likely some errant Defiance server chatter misbehaving as it traverses the network.

Please don't help Trion pass the blame. They need to figure out what they are doing on their end or the client that is causing this.

Trias
07-27-2014, 01:53 AM
The PSN DCs while playing Defiance(and only when playing Defiance) that neccessitate repowering the PS3 to restore PSN access started at least a couple weeks before the Destiny Beta for me and several other people. It is not related to Destiny at all. It is most likely some errant Defiance server chatter misbehaving as it traverses the network.

Please don't help Trion pass the blame. They need to figure out what they are doing on their end or the client that is causing this.

They're going to pass the blame on us! It's our internet connection dude...Trion would never fail! Never :)

marshy
07-27-2014, 01:59 AM
This game runs horrible on the ps3 and has done from day1. Constant d/c at most events or invisible map etc just shows how capable trion is at fixing things they've only had over 1yr. At least there consistent haha

Ginger Snaps
07-27-2014, 02:19 AM
They're going to pass the blame on us! It's our internet connection dude...Trion would never fail! Never :)

Indeed. Nevermind that I've played since the beta on the same internet connection and the PSN repowering issue is new this past month or so. So sad to see the same old isses return(constant DCs, freezing and new faction point spending keeping you from gaining rep independently of the rep currency) mixed with new(PSN booting ). Also, still getting booted from entering arkfalls and now I also freeze at the end of incursion seiges, but only if I need the daily rep. If I don't need the daily incursion contract, I can run them nonstop. Something about incursion contract fulfillment seems to break the client often.

Chump Norris
07-27-2014, 05:11 AM

This is why I will be contacting Sony customer support. Trion doesnt take this serious so maybe Sony can push them in the right direction...it has been weeks of this and they dont even acknowledge a problem.

I urge everyone else experiencing these PSN disconnects that require a system restart to do the same.

N3gativeCr33p
07-27-2014, 07:58 AM
It seems to be a recent thing, last two weeks, and maybe related to destiny usage, though has destiny finished now ?

Nope... the beta was still working as of 10-15 minutes ago on PSN.

Rokea
07-27-2014, 11:38 AM
This is why I will be contacting Sony customer support. Trion doesnt take this serious so maybe Sony can push them in the right direction...it has been weeks of this and they dont even acknowledge a problem.

I urge everyone else experiencing these PSN disconnects that require a system restart to do the same.

DOUBT IT! This games had this issues since a month after resale over a year ago and its still plaguing it so don't hold your breath