PDA

View Full Version : How are things here? Should I come back?

oasis387
07-20-2014, 02:41 PM
K, so I played since beginning, came back, loved it... Then the op patch came and it ruined my absolute love for the game... So I'm asking, is it safe to come back? Or will I just get ticked off again bc the dev team is acting like a bunch of c you next tuesdays(figure it out)...??? Or should I just wait for destiny and borderlands pre sequel?

ConcreteSnake
07-20-2014, 02:48 PM
I'd say for the most part its better, difficulty scaling is better and crits bypass armor and a few other things.....but they just changed the warmaster so once you drop down there is a 3 minute timer before the locks auto break. I'd say its worth a shot to patch and play.

oasis387
07-20-2014, 03:18 PM
Thanks. May do it just to see what's going on. Loved this game in its early beginnings but after that game changing patch it kids gave me a sour taste

ConcreteSnake
07-20-2014, 03:35 PM
Thanks. May do it just to see what's going on. Loved this game in its early beginnings but after that game changing patch it kids gave me a sour taste

if you're talking about dlc 5 arktech revolution, I feel ya. Enemies are a lot less spongee

Arkamenitas
07-20-2014, 03:39 PM
logging in probably takes less time than waiting for more than one or two forum responses. give it a shot. if you like it, fine, if not, fine. lol :p

Coyote Clive
07-20-2014, 03:54 PM
K, so I played since beginning, came back, loved it... Then the op patch came and it ruined my absolute love for the game... So I'm asking, is it safe to come back? Or will I just get ticked off again bc the dev team is acting like a bunch of c you next tuesdays(figure it out)...??? Or should I just wait for destiny and borderlands pre sequel?

I get ya man. I walked away from the game for two months after DLC5 dropped. I came beck a few weeks ago and am having fun again. Mostly because I have in game friends who make it fun. I haven't however been in the least bit compelled to spend any money on the game like I used to.

The expert co-ops are more fun. But still easy for a 5K plus toon. You just have to dodge and hide more.

PVP is still PVP. Just depends which weapons are in vogue at the time. Right now the previous joke of the shotgun world is now king. Welcome to slugger land :)

When DLC5 dropped my toon was 5211 EGO so I have no idea what the world is like for low EGO toons. I heard horror stories about scaling issues and hapless 200 EGO toons being mowed down by the hundreds.

I guess I have gotten used to having the rug pulled out from under me where his game is concerned. Though I think it might be stabilized for now at least.

So I think it's safe to come back. I'd give it a few days of getting used to the new changes and see what you think.

Big Jack Shepard
07-20-2014, 09:13 PM
K, so I played since beginning, came back, loved it... Then the op patch came and it ruined my absolute love for the game... So I'm asking, is it safe to come back? Or will I just get ticked off again bc the dev team is acting like a bunch of c you next tuesdays(figure it out)...??? Or should I just wait for destiny and borderlands pre sequel?Same shtako, different day.

nathanpbutler
07-20-2014, 10:42 PM
Agreed. If you're at a decent EGO level, things are much better than they were right after Arktech Revolution dropped. That was just unbalanced pandemonium. Now it's somewhat balanced pandemonium if you're low EGO and decent if you're mid-to-high EGO.

Except PVP, which is all but dead and apparently gated by EGO level tiers that can leave you in a Capture and Hold with four people. (And not even 2 vs. 2. I've seen plenty of 3 vs. 1 Military Academy Matches. Viva la broken matchmaking!)

Escyos
07-20-2014, 11:08 PM
The new Batman movies were some of the worst movies of all time. Others liked them. Don't listen to what others say, make your own decision.