PDA

View Full Version : Arktech Revolution worst DLC ever

Bored Peon
07-20-2014, 09:20 PM
I have been back playing for a week now. In that week time period I have been able to find ZERO coops for the advanced coops. I have tried queuing all times of the day and night, sit in queue for hours on end. You would think queuing just after the daily resets you could at least find ONE group.

Wtf is the point in having a DLC if it requires other people to use it? I mean seriously if nobody else is doing the content then guess what you can not do it either.

They need to do away with the ego requirement. I would rather wipe my way through it or carry a bunch of players through it than to not be able to do it at all. Least then I could get SOMETHING out of having purchased the DLC.

Griffix8
07-20-2014, 09:23 PM
You need Arktech to play Advanced Co-op? I don't have the DLC and can do it...

No one does advanced because there aren't pursuits or contracts linked to them. Many who have been around awhile and done all of them have done each map multiple times and its not fun anymore so they do quick runs on the easiest setting or glitch their way to the end. For the experts they only do them for rep and that's it.

The worst DLC is technically 7th Legion....

Chump Norris
07-20-2014, 09:25 PM
Never mind see above ^

Bored Peon
07-20-2014, 09:50 PM

No one does advanced because there aren't pursuits or contracts linked to them. Many who have been around awhile and done all of them have done each map multiple times and its not fun anymore so they do quick runs on the easiest setting or glitch their way to the end. For the experts they only do them for rep and that's it.

There is pursuits AND contracts for them. There is a daily expert contract. There is 6 pursuits for the advanced in the Arktech Revolution section as well.

Of course if you actually owned the DLC then you would know this.

Griffix8
07-20-2014, 10:01 PM
Why would you play Advanced Co-op when the contracts are for Expert? Any contract that doesn't have a specific difficulty people will simply play it on Standard because its quick and easy. Those pursuits aren't for Advanced Difficulty, they are Expert.

There is no point to playing Advanced. Its too easy for higher level people and few care to do them so when they do they'll play Standard.

And just because I don't own the DLC doesn't mean I don't look things up.

Bored Peon
07-20-2014, 10:04 PM
Never mind see above ^

See above what? You meant see above post is wrong right?

Oh and those pursuits that you claim do not exist are worth 60 ego points, 3 orange items, and 3 titles.

Bored Peon
07-20-2014, 10:08 PM
So wtf, I queue and it gives two options Standard and Advanced. You mean to tell me that the "expert" level is standard then?

Griffix8
07-20-2014, 10:10 PM
The are no pursuits for Advanced Co-op. I know what the pursuits give you and what they are and they are NOT for Advanced Difficulty. They are Expert.

Difficulty - Ego Level Requirement
Standard - 1000
Advanced - 3000
Expert - 5000

You need to be a level 5000 to be able to queue for Expert unless you are invited into a group and one of the members is 5000. There is a reason I said EXPERT and not ADVANCED.

nathanpbutler
07-20-2014, 10:38 PM
So wtf, I queue and it gives two options Standard and Advanced. You mean to tell me that the "expert" level is standard then?

If you are not at EGO Level 5000 yet, then you won't see the Expert option.

And, yes, it's b.s.

Why is it like this? They added the EGO 5000 requirement for Expert a while *after* the DLC was released, and, as far as I know, they have never updated the description to explain that part of it.

Advanced, frankly, might as well not even exist. No pursuits, no contracts, so generally no one using that option. It's helpful for scores on arenas, but those are from different DLC packs.

Standard is regular, basic level. It's what everything was before they added the other two difficulties, only now that weapons and such scale with EGO level to become more powerful, standard is a cakewalk at higher EGOs, even moreso than before.

Rampage zR
07-20-2014, 10:40 PM

Oh and those pursuits that you claim do not exist are worth 60 ego points, 3 orange items, and 3 titles.

if you want information try not being a dbag about it when people are trying to help you out

nathanpbutler
07-20-2014, 10:45 PM

Griffix8 had this one nailed. There are no pursuits whatsoever that require Standard or Advanced, only Expert. Any other co-op related pursuits can be done on any difficulty level, though most just breeze through them on Standard to save time.

Atticus Batman
07-20-2014, 10:54 PM

The above post isn't wrong. You are.

The contracts are for expert and say so, as do the pursuits. If you do not see expert then you are not high enough ego to unlock it. It's that simple. Here's some helpful tips.

1: Don't insult those helping you.

2: before you assume they are giving you the wrong advice; read, research, and make sure you know what you need.

3: actually look for threads on the subject in question if you don't want to get a response you may not like

4: Go to www.defiancedata.com for plenty of information about everything in the game.

5: None of the Dlc is worth much. In best to worst this is probably the order: Arbreaker, Castithan, Ark tech, Gunslinger, 7th legion. Though others may order it differently. We all pretty much agree Arkbreaker is best and 7th legion is worse.

6: lighten up and enjoy the game.

Bored Peon
07-21-2014, 02:08 AM
All it would have taken was to give out the RIGHT info the first time. A simple, "those pursuits are for EXPERT and REQUIRE an ego of 5000." It took 7 replies before someone finally said they required an EGO of 5000. Last I played 5000 was the max ego. So at 5000 ego you just stopped, having new pursuits past that seemed REALLY dumb. So what kind of bonehead makes DLC for only 5k+ ego. A Trion bonehead obviously.

At least with the 7th Legion content you can see it at the end of every incursion and in your daily contracts. It aint until later you figure out there is only a vendor and contracts for content.

HAYABUSA DCLXVI
07-21-2014, 02:20 AM
The worst DLC for me is the Gunslinger Trials, in fact it is the worst DLC of any game on any platform that I have ever played

Logain
07-21-2014, 05:15 AM
All it would have taken was to give out the RIGHT info the first time. A simple, "those pursuits are for EXPERT and REQUIRE an ego of 5000."

Or a little more effort and research on your part. Would have taken 60 seconds. Or maybe you could have asked in game.

Having an expert mode requiring 5K kind of stinks but someone who is 5K+ can group you and then queue it up so you can do it. But I am sure you already know that.

Mushbeeguy
07-21-2014, 05:41 AM
There is pursuits AND contracts for them. There is a daily expert contract. There is 6 pursuits for the advanced in the Arktech Revolution section as well.

Of course if you actually owned the DLC then you would know this.

Wow. You have some nerve claiming we are all wrong because we answered the question YOU asked. Here's a clue, it's not up to us to determined what you asked. In fact after reading your nifty little diatribe I wouldn't be surprised if the pool of users that even see your questions doesn't drop. Sad.

N3gativeCr33p
07-21-2014, 05:43 AM
if you want information try not being a dbag about it when people are trying to help you out

http://forums.jetcareers.com/attachments/amen-brother-jpg.26568/

EDIT: Hands down, 7th Legion gets my vote for the worst of the bunch. It more resembles a patch than an actual DLC bundle.

Logain
07-21-2014, 06:15 AM
EDIT: Hands down, 7th Legion gets my vote for the worst of the bunch. It more resembles a patch than an actual DLC bundle.

Right still looking for the C in the 7th Legion DLC. I mean what DLC3 owners get over those who did pay? The ability to use 7th legion guns... That's it. And it is sad too because I feel like the 7th Legion has/had the most potential for story and lore.

moof
07-21-2014, 06:23 AM
logain helped me get my chimera fang sword and im 4132 ego,so i think the thing with the maps is ok

BJWyler
07-21-2014, 06:36 AM

http://static1.gamespot.com/uploads/original/174/1744573/2565863-3853767-4957010%2B_3d402eb6c781d9c88cd3419c33f6e390.png

Technically speaking, 7th Legion was the worst content-wise because there was no content to speak of - not even data recorder hunting. The overall worst is indeed AR because 1.5 destroyed the game as we know it. OP, be glad you have been only playing a week. The game was a lot worse after the DLC initially dropped. It has gotten better with many, many patches since then, but still. The heart of what made Defiance fun to play and kept a lot of us around over the last year was ripped out and stomped on with that DLC.

Bored Peon
07-21-2014, 06:41 AM
Wow. You have some nerve claiming we are all wrong because we answered the question YOU asked. Here's a clue, it's not up to us to determined what you asked. In fact after reading your nifty little diatribe I wouldn't be surprised if the pool of users that even see your questions doesn't drop. Sad.

What is this we stuff? YOU never answered anything. In fact the only thing you did here was throw insults which makes you a bigger dbag than me. So take your high horse attitude and stuff it troll.

I told them they were wrong because I thought advanced and expert was the same thing. If you actually read the posts then you would have figured that out. I said I was wrong, but I guess you obviously missed that part too.

Had anyone actually done advanced with me in the last week I would have found out they were not the same thing. If I had completed one I never would have had to ask the question in the first place.

Thanks I did figure out one thing though. The only thing worse than wasting time in a game with a low player base is wasting time with forum trolls for that game.

ConcreteSnake
07-21-2014, 07:42 AM
What is this we stuff? YOU never answered anything. In fact the only thing you did here was throw insults which makes you a bigger dbag than me. So take your high horse attitude and stuff it troll.

I told them they were wrong because I thought advanced and expert was the same thing. If you actually read the posts then you would have figured that out. I said I was wrong, but I guess you obviously missed that part too.

Had anyone actually done advanced with me in the last week I would have found out they were not the same thing. If I had completed one I never would have had to ask the question in the first place.

Thanks I did figure out one thing though. The only thing worse than wasting time in a game with a low player base is wasting time with forum trolls for that game.

Based on that attitude you're the only troll I see here

N3gativeCr33p
07-21-2014, 07:44 AM
Based on that attitude you're the only troll I see here

Indeed!

http://www.wwenews.net/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/obvious-troll-is-obvious.jpg

4ndreas
07-21-2014, 08:26 AM

Bye, you will not be missed.

drackiller
07-21-2014, 08:34 AM
Damn, did i arrived late to the party !?

superstorm
07-21-2014, 08:37 AM
I have been back playing for a week now. In that week time period I have been able to find ZERO coops for the advanced coops. I have tried queuing all times of the day and night, sit in queue for hours on end. You would think queuing just after the daily resets you could at least find ONE group.
There are advanced coops going. You just should select the map of today's contract and wait, wait and (yep) wait. Probably several hours. But after all I usually get in there.
Other maps don't work on advanced, sorry.

moof
07-21-2014, 08:38 AM
Damn, did i arrived late to the party !?

slightly but i think there is still some juiciness to be had,so stick around

drackiller
07-21-2014, 08:41 AM
slightly but i think there is still some juiciness to be had,so stick around

Nah, i have to be careful, i`m being chased by a number of trolls. I can`t stir the shtako too much or i`ll attract the flies...

moof
07-21-2014, 08:42 AM
Nah, i have to be careful, i`m being chased by a number of trolls. I can`t stir the shtako too much or i`ll attract the flies...

the flies were already there to begin with,so youll find them around threads like this no matter what you stir nor how much XD

drackiller
07-21-2014, 08:46 AM
the flies were already there to begin with,so youll find them around threads like this no matter what you stir nor how much XD

Yeah but look at the infractions i`ve been getting lately...LOL

They are very sensible ;)

moof
07-21-2014, 08:49 AM
Yeah but look at the infractions i`ve been getting lately...LOL

i didnt know that :S sorry to hear...thats why with stuff like this i tend to watch most of the time,unless something peaks my interest

drackiller
07-21-2014, 08:52 AM
i didnt know that :S sorry to hear...thats why with stuff like this i tend to watch most of the time,unless something peaks my interest

Yup, the problem with some people is that they lie alot, and they convince them selfs if they keep lying maybe it`s true.

But this is way off topic :)

SirServed
07-21-2014, 11:23 AM
Uhh, did I read this right? People don't like a DLC that costs 10 dollars yet rewards you with 40 dollars worth of arkforge? It also opens up 450 EGO rating worth in perks, a pursuit for a Legendary Shield, AND a Legendary Charge Blade. Really guys? REALLY?

Magickats242
07-21-2014, 03:06 PM
Phew!

http://www.ambientwhispers.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/Cant-stop-now-someone-is-wrong-on-the-internet.jpg

Rasczak
07-21-2014, 04:19 PM
All it would have taken was to give out the RIGHT info the first time. A simple, "those pursuits are for EXPERT and REQUIRE an ego of 5000." It took 7 replies before someone finally said they required an EGO of 5000. Last I played 5000 was the max ego. So at 5000 ego you just stopped, having new pursuits past that seemed REALLY dumb. So what kind of bonehead makes DLC for only 5k+ ego. A Trion bonehead obviously.

At least with the 7th Legion content you can see it at the end of every incursion and in your daily contracts. It aint until later you figure out there is only a vendor and contracts for content.

Considering that EGO, thanks to the DLCs, can go beyond 5000, having stuff for 5000 EGO makes sense. The bonehead is the one that didn't do simple research, and then insulted people for providing the correct information.

Monkerlotus
07-21-2014, 11:30 PM
Uhh, did I read this right? People don't like a DLC that costs 10 dollars yet rewards you with 40 dollars worth of arkforge? It also opens up 450 EGO rating worth in perks, a pursuit for a Legendary Shield, AND a Legendary Charge Blade. Really guys? REALLY?

I don't value that arkforge at anywhere NEAR $40 lol Trion does.

Kanah
07-22-2014, 12:29 AM
I would be happy for the queue level requirement to be lowered, to say 4000 for the expert. Unlike the cheap players who run and glitch through the maps, I enjoy the challenge of one of the few hard parts left in the game. Some lower levels in the group makes it even more fun.