PDA

View Full Version : A Solution to WM to make everyone happy

WhiteKnight019
07-21-2014, 04:42 AM
So I was talking with a clan member of mine, discussion possible solutions to the War Monkey to make everyone at least happier with the current situation and I brought up an idea from another game that could pose as a solution.

In Star Wars: The Old Republic, all of the raid bosses are in an "off the beaten path" area ripe for the slaughtering. This area is usually a flat plan with very little cover, usually needs at least 30 high level people to take them down for the chance at high level loot.

My solution, is that we keep the WM arkfall the way it is, for those people who want a quick experience with a WM that may or may not result in a kill with some decent loot even without a kill.

Then, with a follow up dlc, add in two areas where WMs spawn (those that "escape"). One area could be on a small island alittle off the coast somewhere in Marin. The other spawn could be at Fort Defiance (which opens this unused area up to play) and since it is a flat somewhat guarded area, it works.

this solution allows for the Lock Keeper people to go and wait and join up with a large amount of people to take the WM down without needed to have Lock Breakers. Put the WM on like a 3 to 6 hour spawn time so that way its not a constant respawn.

This idea was just a quick solution to the Lock Keeper/Lock Breaker dilemma and i'm sure i'll get flamed for this.

NeuroticHitman
07-21-2014, 05:47 AM
Warmaster? What is this W-A-R-M-A-S-T-E-R you speak of? I know there USED to be some in-game monster with said label...now I only know of a "Romper Room" with an angry, armored NANNY that b-slaps the "kiddies" and throws ice at them..."Ghostbusters in Training" is more like it. :P

All jokes aside, many people have offered up good solutions, but we're playing another man's game, and "Lock Breakers" are "playing the game as intended".

N3gativeCr33p
07-21-2014, 05:52 AM
Here's my easy solution for the WM... I keep driving past those instances.

DeadEye68
07-21-2014, 05:54 AM
"playing the game as intended".

Right, we're meant to make preparations ahead ... which will be for naught once everyone gets scattered over separate instances due to the inability to build larger groups.

That being said, during one of the numerous Failmasters I attended yesterday I asked why people even bothered breaking locks when they will do so anyway and got the following answer :

The longer he stays in the cage, the stronger he gets

I don't know where this comes from, and don't have a clue what to think about it. At least locks have one use, depending on the number of lockbreakers and the time it takes them you can have a very accurate indicator about your odds.

BJWyler
07-21-2014, 06:32 AM

http://static1.gamespot.com/uploads/original/174/1744573/2565863-3853767-4957010%2B_3d402eb6c781d9c88cd3419c33f6e390.png

NeuroticHitman
07-21-2014, 06:36 AM
Yep...don't waste my time in there any more...

NeuroticHitman
07-21-2014, 06:39 AM
That being said, during one of the numerous Failmasters I attended yesterday I asked why people even bothered breaking locks when they will do so anyway and got the following answer :

The longer he stays in the cage, the stronger he gets
I don't know where this comes from, and don't have a clue what to think about it. At least locks have one use, depending on the number of lockbreakers and the time it takes them you can have a very accurate indicator about your odds.

Can't say that I'm shocked...it's not FTP on xbox yet, and I have seen a much larger base of New Players...and of course they are all "seasoned veterans".

Festival
07-21-2014, 07:31 AM
I take N3gativeCr33p's solution: I pass 'em by. Trick fubar'd the Warmaster with those stupid lock timers, and until that breathtakingly poor decision is reversed (on or about the 34th of Nevervember), I'm boycotting the WM.

Anyone want an OJ double-crit Wolfhound with T5 barrel and mag mods?

j/k...I'm keeping the pistol.

Combo Breaker
07-21-2014, 07:34 AM
http://static1.gamespot.com/uploads/original/174/1744573/2565863-3853767-4957010%2B_3d402eb6c781d9c88cd3419c33f6e390.png

Yes, I read this in Morgan Freeman's voice.

The Lady
07-21-2014, 07:47 AM
I made that mistake yesterday. Thought I would check it out see how they do it now. Eight people was all that was in there when the locks popped. Five of them spent the entire time crawling around on the floor. Basically we spent six minutes tickling it. Since they made this wonderful change has anyone beaten it?

xxdarkxwarxx
07-21-2014, 07:53 AM
i got a solution the timers should not start until there is at least 24 player in the warmaster because that the number of that was intended to in and make a bigger group like call it "warmaster group" and make that up to 24 players can be in this group.

Trion please stop doing stuff backwards.

BIEBERyoloSWAG
07-21-2014, 07:54 AM
With the ability to upgrade weapon rarity the Minor arkfalls are just as useful. Chances are you arent going to beat the warmaster anymore because of all the vets leaving and just being boring in general. Minors give you the same weapons and I have heard of people getting quartermaster zaggers and just upgrading them to orange. Its much quicker and leaves you with time to do more of them instead of just waiting around for multiple people

hiban
07-21-2014, 08:12 AM
The solution is very simple.

Just make all the people outside be teleported to the SAME, NEW INSTANCE.

The game already supports having 40-50 (and possibly more) players in the same instance. So why not just using that feature?

That way, people would be able to group prior to placing the ark spikes, and there will be no need of waiting for people in the warmaster room. No one will complain again about timers or WM difficulty curve.

BOOM! PROBLEM FIXED.

Coyote Clive
07-21-2014, 08:12 AM
I made that mistake yesterday. Thought I would check it out see how they do it now. Eight people was all that was in there when the locks popped. Five of them spent the entire time crawling around on the floor. Basically we spent six minutes tickling it. Since they made this wonderful change has anyone beaten it?

I have been in 3 that have beaten him. But I am not sure it's legit since it seemed someone was using a damage hack or something. His back armor was gone in around 45 seconds to a minute on two of them. The other seemed legit as we were in the final 30 seconds when he went down.

moof
07-21-2014, 08:14 AM

The game already supports having 40-50 (and possibly more) players in the same instance. So why not just using that feature?

That way, people would be able to group prior to placing the ark spikes, and there will be no need of waiting for people in the warmaster room. No one will complain again about timers or WM difficulty curve.

BOOM! PROBLEM FIXED.

smartest wm idea ive heard so far

have the system try to fill the wm instance to capacity as much as possible until the timer starts,have it not spawn new instance until said room is either timer start or filled,and once the timer starts (ie lockbreak) dont toss more people in

JadedSinn
07-21-2014, 08:23 AM
With the ability to upgrade weapon rarity the Minor arkfalls are just as useful. Chances are you arent going to beat the warmaster anymore because of all the vets leaving and just being boring in general. Minors give you the same weapons and I have heard of people getting quartermaster zaggers and just upgrading them to orange. Its much quicker and leaves you with time to do more of them instead of just waiting around for multiple people

give it a few weeks and no one will even bother with thes if no one calls one down. but i feel to fix the WM thy need to do one thing and one thing only

revert it back to start. aka. put it the way it was when it was released. minus. the bugs it had. minus the threat level tearing minus the lock timers.

and add in a single simple upgrade, raid tools , make it so u can amass that group of 24+ players that 100+ players hell so u can ammas ur hole clan if u want. and all enter at once.

oh and for the Xbox and PS players. make it so that there not booted from server every time thy try to enter.

drackiller
07-21-2014, 08:24 AM
I still do them. I have two Warmaster loadouts, one for the win (dreaming is allowed) and one for score/lose.

JadedSinn
07-21-2014, 08:26 AM

BOOM! PROBLEM FIXED.

this works too

hiban
07-21-2014, 08:26 AM
have the system try to fill the wm instance to capacity as much as possible until the timer starts

No, dont fill that instance with people from different arkbreaks.
One arkbreak, one instance exclusively for that arkbreak.
In the extremely rare case that the instance reaches full capacity (which i dont think it will ever happen), then close the outside doors of the arkfall.

Yes, it is that easy.

HAYABUSA DCLXVI
07-21-2014, 08:29 AM
No one will ever be happy with the Warmaster...

Here's an idea ; How about a difficulty tier system like co-ops where noobs can't get into an expert instance without a group invite...?

moof
07-21-2014, 08:30 AM
No, dont fill that instance with people from different arkbreaks.
One arkbreak, one instance exclusively for that arkbreak.
In the extremely rare case that the instance reaches full capacity (which i dont think it will ever happen), then close the outside doors of the arkfall.

Yes, it is that easy.

well yeah i understand,but i didnt really think if we actually got this idea through that trion would be willing to do the recoding required to mess with the outside doors,tis why i beleive a transport code lvl fix would be best

DeadEye68
07-21-2014, 09:41 AM
Since they made this wonderful change has anyone beaten it?

He still gets downed on EU. A typical "bad" run means he only gets down to 50% health.

moof
07-21-2014, 09:56 AM
He still gets downed on EU. A typical "bad" run means he only gets down to 50% health.

your lucky,i rarely see the wm get down that far,and ive put alot of work into an emc service rifle for fighting the wm

WhiteKnight019
07-21-2014, 09:59 AM
I was just looking for a solution that would make everyone happy, not just one side of the argument or the other. Allowing the major WM arkfalls to stay the same, and then putting two spawns of WMs where you can attack it in a large group would make everyone happy. If these two spawns are in the open world and not inside an instance there would be no server disconnects.

ironmetal
07-21-2014, 10:05 AM
i think the best way to make everyone happy is just remove the locks and keep the timer and he will break out of cage auto when times runs out that will stop the locker breakers from breaking lock early

hiban
07-22-2014, 08:27 AM
i think the best way to make everyone happy is just remove the locks and keep the timer and he will break out of cage auto when times runs out that will stop the locker breakers from breaking lock early

i dont think i would be happy with this non-fix.
this isnt about breaking or not breaking the locks. this is about allowing people who were outside the arkbreak to be in the same instance inside the arkbreak, without having to regroup because they were teleported to different instances.

outside an arkbreak there are rarely more than 40 people.
after those go inside, there are rarely more than 15 or 20 late people who arrive in time before the gates close.
we already know that up to 96 people (at least) can be in the same warmaster instance. so what is the logic on scattering people?
make every arkbreak to have its own single instance instead of scattering players in different random instances. that is the solution which will make everyone happy.