PDA

View Full Version : The new Grid Arkbreak (Ego transcript)

Nefarious
07-21-2014, 05:31 PM
It was pretty hard to pick up on the cross over references to this weeks episode because of being in the midst of madness and fighting. So I went over it and have written it down.

So you destroy the 1st signal array thing.

"That ones down, but Im still picking up more signals."

Destroy the next 2.

"They were communicating with the ark belt. Who were they speaking to?"

"One last signal, but its not like the others."

"These are Gulanee environment suits."-"The poor creatures must have died in the flight. There were so few of them"-"This is a great loss."

"One of them survived! This is great news!"

"Its requesting our military rank and identification."-"This cant be good."

"Its attacking us! This is terriable news!"-"We've got to take it down"

"That Gulanee is sending out a signal. Its communicating with other modules in the Ark belt!"

"It thinks its still in the War!"

"Its calling down another member of its Combat Team."-"We've got to destroy it before it can call down more!"

"I received confirmations of their landing sites. Some are headed here, some to the Storm Divide..."

"One of the Gulanee modules is headed straight for Defiance!"-"We've got to send a warning to them, but we've destroyed the comms equipment here."

"Im sending the Warning to Ara Shondu. She should have a way to warn them."

Kimiko
07-21-2014, 05:46 PM
Ah so that's how defiance knows about the gulanee. I noticed this when i went through the arkbreak. i was like "Woah this was cool!!"

Terrato137
07-21-2014, 05:55 PM
We need more things like this.

Etaew
07-21-2014, 05:58 PM
It was pretty hard to pick up on the cross over references to this weeks episode because of being in the midst of madness and fighting. So I went over it and have written it down.

Nicely done, you can find the link to the sound files for this section at the bottom of this page: http://www.defiancedata.com/page.php?id=287 for further reference.

Yun
07-21-2014, 06:52 PM
This is an ark break they need to tweak some because if all members of the group get downed and have no choice, but to extract out there is no way back into the room with the Gulanee to actually finish the ark break.

R69L
07-21-2014, 07:19 PM
This is an ark break they need to tweak some because if all members of the group get downed and have no choice, but to extract out there is no way back into the room with the Gulanee to actually finish the ark break.

Yeah KIWI mentioned that the Dev team is aware of it and are working on a fix.

Jack_Pryce
07-21-2014, 07:54 PM
Yeah KIWI mentioned that the Dev team is aware of it and are working on a fix.

They should make the comm tower things weaker as well. It took five of us almost five minutes to destroy one.

Terrato137
07-21-2014, 07:57 PM
They should make the comm tower things weaker as well. It took five of us almost five minutes to destroy one.

Lets not forget the room with 2 of em.........sigh......all that ammo.....

Edit: a little off topic here but, are these specific Arkfalls only available down in San Fran? Because that's where mine occurred.

Nefarious
07-21-2014, 07:57 PM
Would also be nice if the Gulanee telaported around the whole room instead of just around the upper middle level.

Terrato137
07-21-2014, 08:02 PM
Would also be nice if the Gulanee telaported around the whole room instead of just around the upper middle level.

This. This is a good idea. Or, for the first time you start mainly attacking him, have him teleport around the upper level, then once his health drops down to a certain %, make him teleport around the bottom floor as well.

Jack_Pryce
07-21-2014, 08:04 PM
This. This is a good idea. Or, for the first time you start mainly attacking him, have him teleport around the upper level, then once his health drops down to a certain %, make him teleport around the bottom floor as well.

I like this. This is a good idea.

Market
07-21-2014, 09:53 PM

I had this happen once out of three instances on the live server and immediately started talking to Scapes about it. (more below)

I just ran a couple of these on the PTS with the fixes for both of the above issues. The Comms Systems are much more reasonable now and neither of the instances had the door issue. I died and extracted from each room with someone else running ahead and was able to rejoin the fight without an issue. Hopefully the next patch will see an end to those problems.

@Nefarious; Awesome stuff, man!! It was hard to pay attention to all the stuff being said, I'm glad you took the time to get it all down! *two thumbs up*

Elroyhuman
07-21-2014, 10:00 PM
I went down in an ark this evening and had to extract. It put me back in the same spot I was in when I first entered the ark, so either this has been fixed, or it was random.

Terrato137
07-21-2014, 10:23 PM
I went down in an ark this evening and had to extract. It put me back in the same spot I was in when I first entered the ark, so either this has been fixed, or it was random.

I think that's supposed to happen. Happened every time I had to extract.