PDA

View Full Version : Server Disconnects Have Gotten Ridiculous

Rasczak
07-21-2014, 07:28 PM
NA-PC side.

The disconnects have gotten to the point that I've just about decided to walk away from the game, even with all the free Patron Pass time I have left from the Vet reward and the TV show codes.

Nothing like trying (repeatedly) to complete the Incursion contract for 7th Legion, only to spend upwards of 30 minutes going from site to site, then having a disconnect by Stage 4 or 5 of the final event, only to log back into a completely different Shard where the final event is not taking place. If I'm lucky, there's another early stage Incursion somewhere on the map I can rinse-and-repeat the process all over at. And logging in and out never gets me back to the original shard with the final event going on.

It's to the point now that the frustration with Defiance is out weighing the fun by a serious magnitude.

Being disconnected in the middle of a Co-Op or a major or minor arkfall (that I friggin wasted the spikes to call down) is another point.

And before Trion suggests it, I've already confirmed it is not my internet, ISP, or router.

hardy83
07-21-2014, 07:39 PM
Yes the D/Cs are bad and they have explained little on what they are doing to actually fix it, if they even know what the issue is.

And it is frustrating. I usually don't bother with the game anymore other than to get a couple weeklies/dailies done, and even that is a pain sometimes.

I mean what's the point of doing stuff if you are under the constant fear of being d/c'ed?

I mean I was going to call a bunch of arkbreaks and do other peoples to do the grid ones, but I got in one, D/C'ed and just said forget it. I'm not wasting my time and I went and played Diablo 3...Then got sick of that grind. lol

Maybe I'll go play another MMO cause I have no life. :P

Rasczak
07-21-2014, 07:45 PM
Yes the D/Cs are bad and they have explained little on what they are doing to actually fix it, if they even know what the issue is.

And it is frustrating. I usually don't bother with the game anymore other than to get a couple weeklies/dailies done, and even that is a pain sometimes.

I mean what's the point of doing stuff if you are under the constant fear of being d/c'ed?

I mean I was going to call a bunch of arkbreaks and do other peoples to do the grid ones, but I got in one, D/C'ed and just said forget it. I'm not wasting my time and I went and played Diablo 3...Then got sick of that grind. lol

Maybe I'll go play another MMO cause I have no life. :P

I reinstalled Diablo 3 last night. Been a while since I played, and don't remember the story so far, so just started over. I'm not interested in the gear in that game, I just want to play through the story mode once. Had the game since release thanks to the year-long WoW subscription I got back then, so what the heck.

Tried Wildstar on a buddy key. Wasn't grabbed.

Pretty much just playing Marvel Heroes lately. Decided to break from full MMOs until the WoW expansion hits in December.

Shame, Defiance is fun. But at this point, Trion's inability to have decent servers for it (even for us PC folks) has pretty much killed it for me. I remember when Scott Hartsman took over as CEO of Trion last year and a lot of us older Trion fans (aka Rifters) thought he would turn the place around. Unfortunately, things seem to have gotten way worse since then.

crazyged
07-22-2014, 12:41 AM
This weekend saw a ton of disconnects for me on PC-EU.

Directly after the patch, I had a round of DC's every five minutes, lasting about an hour, then it seemed to stabilise.

This happened every day of the weekend, for the same length of time...

I lost count of how many events and arkforge I lost because of this.

Burned In Effigy
07-22-2014, 12:45 AM
I know I'm on the ps3 but every time they say on the patch notes they improve server stability its never the case

Rasczak
07-22-2014, 12:46 AM
I know I'm on the ps3 but every time they say on the patch notes they improve server stability its never the case

They obviously have a very twisted definition of what Server Stability means. But that's okay, no doubt Trick will say it is fine and we are just a vocal minority.

Burned In Effigy
07-22-2014, 12:47 AM
They obviously have a very twisted definition of what Server Stability means. But that's okay, no doubt Trick will say it is fine and we are just a vocal minority.or server logic that one had me stumped

Rasczak
07-22-2014, 01:56 AM
At least I managed to get the Defiance Few weekly done, but I've yet to complete the friggin arkfall because Trion can't keep their tech running.

It amazes me that these guys have jobs. Only thing I can imagine is that when Scott Hartsman gutted the company after taking over last year, he kept the lowest paid people on board. Even Rift has gone down hill.

oO Gaul Oo
07-22-2014, 02:35 AM
It's the highlight of my day when I am disconnected multiple times from the server or when usually right when I am in a crucial point. Then you get back on to find that you have lost all your points or been slapped into a different phase all together.

Johnny Ops
07-22-2014, 07:00 AM
Ya I'm on ps3... So, nuff said? Lol

I called down three minors to try for new arkfall, all three had grid outside but one dc'd during fight and other two whilst trying to enter. I love defiance but I want to try the new content!!

BarrySciFi
07-22-2014, 07:20 AM
Oh, stop it. Everything's fine. Everything is working as intended. It's all part of the longer, more fulfilling chase. It was excruciating trying to do dailies yesterday on ps3 but perhaps Trion will offer server stability for the price of a few bits at the bit store? That would be trick-y, yes? ;)

Ruinne
07-22-2014, 07:32 AM
OK I might make a suggestion?

Get used to it.

I want everyone to try to come up with a software bug in Defiance that's been fixed since the great reaping at Trion. I mean really fixed, not skirted, fenced or reduced. Not tweaks to weapons and game balance, but genuine bugs like vehicles vanishing.

dramaQkarri
07-22-2014, 07:39 AM
Between hard freezes and DC's, I'm ready to throw in the towel. Now that I've had a taste of what QUALITY connectivity really can be, I think that in 6 weeks I'll be putting Defiance away for good whether I'm in a middle of a patron pass or not.

It's. Just. Not. Fun.

Thearl
07-22-2014, 08:07 AM
What really grinds my gears is how quickly the server stability will shift from playable, to mob glitches, to 20/30 second+ lag spikes, to critical time outs.

Monday 4pm EST, I log in, jump in an incursion and within 60 seconds, the trion server is no longer telling my computer where the raiders are moving to after they spawn. they stay at the back of the trucks and just pile up. My computer registers AoE kills on them at the back of the truck, but their drops appear around where you would expect their AI to move them to. From 4pm to 5pm, every emergency, conflict, arena, and arkfall behaves that way. Log back in at 8pm, no issues until I log out at 9pm. No reboot.

Sunday 1pm EST, I log in, jump to an arkfall and every player character is locked in mid air. After cussing, I spawn my vehicle....... 40 seconds later, it appears and while trying to drive away from said arkfall, critical time out followed by numerous server unavailability errors at the character screen.

Theta
07-22-2014, 10:00 AM
By far the worst game I have played where stability is concerned. Have to reboot the game after each and every event where there are more than 1 player in order to get anything done. This is still not full proof either. Log on, queue for the expert co-op of the day, get in within 3 minutes, disconnect after the first set of mobs.

EVERY event is an issue for me. Hard wired, no background anything running, recent computer hardware. As others have stated, only this game has this type of issue for me.

Pretty close to leaving, AGAIN, 105 EGO to go if I can make it that long.

Rasczak
07-22-2014, 10:01 AM
OK I might make a suggestion?

Get used to it.

I want everyone to try to come up with a software bug in Defiance that's been fixed since the great reaping at Trion. I mean really fixed, not skirted, fenced or reduced. Not tweaks to weapons and game balance, but genuine bugs like vehicles vanishing.

No, I won't. Matter of fact, I'm uninstalling the game for the foreseeable future as I type this. See, instead of getting used to it and simply continuing to put up with Trion's obvious bargin bin development, I've decided to take any money I would have spent here (and in Rift, since that is also Trion's game), and instead applied it to resubbing to WoW and buying a new hero over in Marvel Heroes.

Trion has had many opportunities to get their act together since launch. It's obvious, 15 months later, that they have the inability to do so. Even with rotating team members and leads.

bigguy
07-22-2014, 10:49 AM
Yeah they keep saying they are making fixes but none of it works. The problem just keeps getting bigger and bigger and worse and worse with no relief in sight and players are leaving everyday. Im pretty much the last one left in my clan and im gone soon just making preparations first.

Burned In Effigy
07-22-2014, 11:10 AM
well I have uninstalled and reinstalled defiance 5 times since last Sunday and I am NOT doing it again

Rasczak
07-22-2014, 12:48 PM
well I have uninstalled and reinstalled defiance 5 times since last Sunday and I am NOT doing it again

At this stage, I would suggest repeating Step 1 and avoiding Step 2.

Ruinne
07-22-2014, 01:50 PM
No, I won't. Matter of fact, I'm uninstalling the game for the foreseeable future as I type this. See, instead of getting used to it and simply continuing to put up with Trion's obvious bargin bin development, I've decided to take any money I would have spent here (and in Rift, since that is also Trion's game), and instead applied it to resubbing to WoW and buying a new hero over in Marvel Heroes.

Trion has had many opportunities to get their act together since launch. It's obvious, 15 months later, that they have the inability to do so. Even with rotating team members and leads.

Well, that's the OTHER option, sure.

Rasczak
07-24-2014, 11:54 PM
Yeah. Sadly, Firefall wasn't even on my radar until weeks worth of crap server dumps here. I'm not expecting much, but just finished downloading it to give it a shot on Tuesday.

Lyokira
07-25-2014, 01:05 AM
Oddly, the seemed to had been fixed by the previous patch, only to come back with the current one. I think they might have accidentally reverted the previous patch fix.

luckydeath716
07-25-2014, 01:21 AM
the critical errors havent been as bad for me lately well not since last week when my dailys and weeklys came out and couldnt move. now all i have issues with is listen to my friends crit out and whine they need to jump back to the mono monkey or minor gulanite arkfall... trion you need to get this problem solved before its to late its sad when im trying to do a weekly coop and no one is on to go into the mission it took me 25 min to even go into the chimera daily today because no one was on you may want to consider dropping it to 4k ego

Ruinne
07-25-2014, 04:33 AM
Just last night I had two flickering bad-guy minors and three lag-outs all in one Dark Matter major.

Love getting crappy scores and worse gear because the game continues to slowly fall apart.

latorche01
07-25-2014, 05:16 AM
hello,
je suis sur le serveur EU , et depuis trois jours les deconnexion s'enchaine . Le jeu se ferme et disparait de lui même sans aucun message d'erreur. j'ai contacté le support par chat et evidement il m'ont redemander le dxdiag en me disant encore une fois que les pilotes ne sont pas a jour et donc je n 'ai pas eu la solution pour ce probleme. Il devient evident que les deconnexion touche un nombre important de joueur eu / na alors est ce que nous avons tous les pilotesqui ne sont pas a jour :confused:

Milkweed
07-25-2014, 06:41 AM
So this has been going on for awhile? What a bummer. We'll see how long I can stand it. I'm not so sure, it sounded good and love the show!

Festival
07-25-2014, 08:05 AM
I get disconnected from pretty much every Expert co-op at least once. I can usually get back in to the same instance if I restart the game fast enough, but I lose my score. Not a huge thing, the latter, since unless it happens near the end, I can usually gain back enough points for a decent reward table roll. But with the nerf to Tier 2 lockboxes, every lost arkforge is begrudged...

I lag out of major arkfalls a lot, too...and sometimes even random emergencies. We're talking comedy-tier netcode here, folks...

The instability of the game and seeming inability of the dev team to deal with the problem is more likely to make me throw up my hands and bail on this game than even the (many) execrable decisions about gameplay, scoring, etc., that the dev team has made. And given how much I hate idiocy like lock timers, the Bullet Sponge patch, and so forth, that's saying something...